+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prescription Refill?

Opiophorum Member Mild_Man is an unknown quantity at this point Mild_Man's Avatar

Prescription Refill?

I don't know if this question is too general or if there is anybody here who would know to answer it. I got my wisdom teeth out when I was 17 and my mom had to fill out the forms for the operation and prescription form. I got the prescription in July and there is one refill left until the end of December. I was wondering, now that I'm 18 can I go and get another refill by myself? I live in the United States by the way. Also, if I do get a refill, will I have to fill out any more forms even though the prescription was already filled out before? Also, after I get a refill and pay for the bottle will that show up on any prescription notices or papers that my parents would get since we have a copay plan?

-Thanks for any answers

bi11i

Default Re: Prescription Refill?

You should be able to fill the prescription without any problems and without anyone knowing any better. You shouldn't have to fill out any forms, only bring the previous empty bottle in for the refill...

Opiophorum Member Mild_Man is an unknown quantity at this point Mild_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bi11i
    You should be able to fill the prescription without any problems and without anyone knowing any better. You shouldn't have to fill out any forms, only bring the previous empty bottle in for the refill...
    Yeah, I just don't want it to show up on a notice or something from the insurance company because then my parents would be like, "hmm... why is this there"? It probably shouldn't since it should automatically be covered since it's part of that prescription.

Opiophorum Member DaOxyMan is an unknown quantity at this point DaOxyMan's Avatar

to be 100% truly safe heres what you will do:
    bring the bottle with the remaining refill to the pharmacy. since you are worried about the copay showing up on your insurance forms, simply pay for the whole script in cash. Since the script is for the removal of wisdom teeth, it is probably vicodin, which the generics for are very cheap. also i'd have to guess the refill is only for 25-30 tops, so you shouldn't have to pay much out of your pocket at all. This way there will be no trace of the script being filled with your insurance. It will cost a couple extra bucks but so what, better safe than sorry eh?

Quote Originally Posted by DaOxyMan
    to be 100% truly safe heres what you will do:
    bring the bottle with the remaining refill to the pharmacy. since you are worried about the copay showing up on your insurance forms, simply pay for the whole script in cash. Since the script is for the removal of wisdom teeth, it is probably vicodin, which the generics for are very cheap. also i'd have to guess the refill is only for 25-30 tops, so you shouldn't have to pay much out of your pocket at all. This way there will be no trace of the script being filled with your insurance. It will cost a couple extra bucks but so what, better safe than sorry eh?
    They are generic pills. It says substitute for Lortabs so I guess they are generics used by that and other companies. Sadly though the prescription is only for a 15-pill bottle and one refill. I'd guess it'd still be expensive to pay the full price and also wouldn't they think weird if I told them I'd like to pay in full when they probably know I used insurance last time.

Never Looked Back hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod's Avatar

bring it to a different pharmacy that doesn't have your insurance info so they don't bill it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by hovadagod
    bring it to a different pharmacy that doesn't have your insurance info so they don't bill it automatically.
    I can't because it's specifically for this Pharmacy and plus if I take it to a different pharmacy in this pharmacy chain it still doesn't matter since they share information between their different buildings.

OpioNoMo HeidiW is an unknown quantity at this point HeidiW's Avatar

Re: Prescription Refill?

Well, I'm thinking 15 Vicodin ain't worth the obvious turmoil it's causing you!

Quote Originally Posted by HeidiW
    Well, I'm thinking 15 Vicodin ain't worth the obvious turmoil it's causing you!
    Well, not really turmoil, just want to be cautious. Plus, I don't really have anything else.

High-Functioning Drug Addict Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops's Avatar

How long has it been? Refills for controlled substances are void after six months. At least in the Commonwealth of Virginia, but I think it's generally the same in most states.

Opiophorum Member paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan's Avatar

You should have no problem filling the presciption at any pharmacy, they're valid all over the state (and the country in certain cases). If you still have a bottle that says 1 refill on it then just take that to any pharmacy and they should be able to use that to fill a script for you.

This is a tip for anyone but If you want to avoid using insurance but you still want the cheapest Rx (who doesn't) then go to costco (you don't need a membership to use the pharmacy). When I got my wisdom teeth out I got 20 lortab 10/650's for like 9 bucks, and 20 meperidine/phenergan for about the same (like 8 or 9 bucks).

Or you can just go to the pharmacy you filled it at & tell them that you don't have insurance because your parents took you off their's when you turned 18, so now you pay full price...I guaranty the pharmacist won't ask another thing. But honestly I wouldn't worry at all about anybody finding out about it, the script won't show up on any paperwork your parents get. Plus it's only 15 vic's, which is nothing. I got more than that for spraining my hair...the pharmacist won't even look twice at an Rx that small...
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.
    -- George Burns

Junky lolleedee is a jewel in the rough lolleedee is a jewel in the rough lolleedee is a jewel in the rough lolleedee is a jewel in the rough lolleedee is a jewel in the rough lolleedee is a jewel in the rough lolleedee is a jewel in the rough lolleedee's Avatar

I am a healthcare provider so I can answer this one. You can't just take the bottle that says you have a refill to any pharmacy and have them refill it. They would have to call the pharmacy where it was originally filled and have the perscription transfered to their pharmacy. You will have no problem picking up your script. Even if you were still 17, honestly most pharmacies would just hand over the script without asking for ID. You will have to sign for the meds, but it is just for the pharmacy's own records to comply with state regs. As for insurance....I don't know of any company that sends paperwork with a list of what prescriptions were filled. If you aren't sure, call the 800 number on the back of your insurance card and ask them what kind of paperwork they send to its members about prescriptions. I know ins. coimpanies will send the info if a customer requests it, but they do not make a habit of sending reports like this to customers because it becomes very expnsive(and we all know that in this country insurance companies DONOT like to spend money, even if it is just an envelope, stamp and a piece of paper.LOL).
    So, this all being said, just call in the refill(it is probably automated..you won't even have to speak to a live person probably!), pick it up, pay the copay, throw out the tell-tale bag and receipt and enjoy!
    PS. TELLING THEM THAT YOU ARE OFF YOUR PARENTS INS. BECAUSE YOU ARE 18 IS A GOOD IDEA!! DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT ONE!!!
    WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lolleedee
    I am a healthcare provider so I can answer this one. You can't just take the bottle that says you have a refill to any pharmacy and have them refill it. They would have to call the pharmacy where it was originally filled and have the perscription transfered to their pharmacy. You will have no problem picking up your script. Even if you were still 17, honestly most pharmacies would just hand over the script without asking for ID. You will have to sign for the meds, but it is just for the pharmacy's own records to comply with state regs. As for insurance....I don't know of any company that sends paperwork with a list of what prescriptions were filled. If you aren't sure, call the 800 number on the back of your insurance card and ask them what kind of paperwork they send to its members about prescriptions. I know ins. coimpanies will send the info if a customer requests it, but they do not make a habit of sending reports like this to customers because it becomes very expnsive(and we all know that in this country insurance companies DONOT like to spend money, even if it is just an envelope, stamp and a piece of paper.LOL).
    So, this all being said, just call in the refill(it is probably automated..you won't even have to speak to a live person probably!), pick it up, pay the copay, throw out the tell-tale bag and receipt and enjoy!
    PS. TELLING THEM THAT YOU ARE OFF YOUR PARENTS INS. BECAUSE YOU ARE 18 IS A GOOD IDEA!! DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT ONE!!!
    Yeah, it hasn't been 6 months yet like someone else said before and thanks for the advice there. I'm not really that excited to get it since it's only 15 and I know it'll run out soon, but there's no way of getting anymore so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by lolleedee
    Do you think I should tell the people at the pharmacy that I would like to pay in full before or after getting the refill done? I don't want to call in or go online or go in there and get the refill done but then come back to sign the paper and pay and find out they did an automatic copay. I'll probably go pick them up sometime in the next few weeks, just wish I would have gotten more in the first place.

Opiophorum Member paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mild_Man
    Do you think I should tell the people at the pharmacy that I would like to pay in full before or after getting the refill done? I don't want to call in or go online or go in there and get the refill done but then come back to sign the paper and pay and find out they did an automatic copay. I'll probably go pick them up sometime in the next few weeks, just wish I would have gotten more in the first place.
    If you tell them your name and they see other scripts under your name with insurance they'll try it with insurance...that's why when you go to pick it up sometimes they'll tell you the insurance will not allow you to pick any more up for XX days...I know I've read a thread like that and it's definetely happend to me on more than one occasion. You should go to the pharmacy in person and be sure give them the ol' "no longer have insurance cause you just turned 18" bit and you'll be sure they do it...so no stress about picking them up at all. I think the pharmacy will hold on to an Rx for around 30 days before putting it back but that may be just store policy, not law so you may wanna ask wherever your getting it how long they hold it for. I don't know how the hell you're gonna wait a few weeks to pick it up...Mad props cuz that's some fucking self control for damn sure...I can't even wait to get it to the pharmacy...as soon as that paper hits my hand it's like a race to get there. A few weeks fuck that...try a few minutes (and that's pushing it).
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.
    -- George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by paesan
    If you tell them your name and they see other scripts under your name with insurance they'll try it with insurance...that's why when you go to pick it up sometimes they'll tell you the insurance will not allow you to pick any more up for XX days...I know I've read a thread like that and it's definetely happend to me on more than one occasion. You should go to the pharmacy in person and be sure give them the ol' "no longer have insurance cause you just turned 18" bit and you'll be sure they do it...so no stress about picking them up at all. I think the pharmacy will hold on to an Rx for around 30 days before putting it back but that may be just store policy, not law so you may wanna ask wherever your getting it how long they hold it for. I don't know how the hell you're gonna wait a few weeks to pick it up...Mad props cuz that's some fucking self control for damn sure...I can't even wait to get it to the pharmacy...as soon as that paper hits my hand it's like a race to get there. A few weeks fuck that...try a few minutes (and that's pushing it).
    lol, I'm not really a user since I don't really have a supply. Just got a prescription for 2 refills for hydro for my wisdom teeth. I don't really have a tolerance or anything. I could probably just refill the thing over the phone or online and do the copay thing because I don't think it's going to show up anywhere but I'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by paesan
    Okay sorry but a few more questions. I know I'm 18 and I can say that plus I still have 1 more refill plus it's not for an obscene amount plus enough time has passed since last filling but I just want to cover all fronts. Do you think they'll ask anything like what I'm using it for or why have I waited so long to refill it or do they not even know about that? Also, I know the Rx is pretty small but do I still have to wait like 2-3 hours for them to get it filled and ready for me to present ID and sign a paper to pick up?

-Thanks alot, I probably seem paranoid but I never do this kind of thing

Junky duke_nemmerle is fresh on the scene. duke_nemmerle is fresh on the scene. duke_nemmerle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mild_Man
    Okay sorry but a few more questions. I know I'm 18 and I can say that plus I still have 1 more refill plus it's not for an obscene amount plus enough time has passed since last filling but I just want to cover all fronts. Do you think they'll ask anything like what I'm using it for or why have I waited so long to refill it or do they not even know about that? Also, I know the Rx is pretty small but do I still have to wait like 2-3 hours for them to get it filled and ready for me to present ID and sign a paper to pick up?

-Thanks alot, I probably seem paranoid but I never do this kind of thing
    You really never can tell with THE MAN. Honestly, I've never had any scheduled prescriptions other than Xanax(which I never had a problem filling) so I might not be the best barometer of pharmaceutical scheming, but I'd say they likely won't ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_nemmerle
    You really never can tell with THE MAN. Honestly, I've never had any scheduled prescriptions other than Xanax(which I never had a problem filling) so I might not be the best barometer of pharmaceutical scheming, but I'd say they likely won't ask questions.
    Yeah, hydrocodoen is schedule three so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem.

Dude I've had maaaaaad scripts filled...xanax, adderall, ritalin (yeah I'm ADHD)..........................what was I saying??? Oh yeah percocet, norco, lortab, lorcet, vicodon, demerol (yes yes I'm very good at playing the ol doc..."bu-bu-bu-but I can't sleep and it hurts when I do this") and I've never ever ever ever ever had any problems at all getting Rx's even before I was 18 and that's in two states. Only time I did have a problem was when my Doc back in Boston wrote me an Rx for Adderall so I could fill it when I moved here to Texas...but in TX you need a special triplicate DEA Rx for schedule II scripts so I had to go to a doc here to get my sheeeiiit. First doc I went to I got it...and guess what??? They fucking asked me what my dosage was so I went from getting 90 10mgs a day to 90 30mgs a day...talk about a jump, damn!!!
    -- George Burns

Opiophorum Member Mokelly is an unknown quantity at this point Mokelly's Avatar

holy shit man you ask way too many questions! Your 18 and you have a legal script, it doesn't matter if you're under your parents insurance, just go to the frickin pharmacy, bring a little cash (15 generic lortabs are gonna be cheap as hell) and fill the damned script! I can't believe the amount of conversation that has amassed over this topic. your parents are most likely never going to find out, and if they do who cares? it's your script tell them you had migraine headaches or something, I'm 20 and am under my moms insurance till I'm 23, I get controlled substances filled every month and no one finds out EVER! just go to the pharmacy, pay the copay and walk out with your shit! SIMPLE
    All of the above is false.

Never Looked Back devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice

mild man if you dont go get that script im really gonna start dissin you if your too freaked to go get ameasly script like that where you think your gonna get the balls to order pods so quit given people advice on pt your either acop or some kinda plant nobody is that fukin dumb

Quote Originally Posted by devilsdrug
    mild man if you dont go get that script im really gonna start dissin you if your too freaked to go get ameasly script like that where you think your gonna get the balls to order pods so quit given people advice on pt your either acop or some kinda plant nobody is that fukin dumb
    Yeah, I know that's why I'm gonna stop asking so many questions and just do it. Sorry for all the questions. I guess I'm just a nervous fuck for everything.

+ Reply to Thread