Advertise on Opiophile
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Extracting Fentanyl from the Patches

Opiophorum Member DaOxyMan is an unknown quantity at this point DaOxyMan's Avatar

Default Re: Extracting Fentanyl from the Patches

hey im new to patches too. buddy recently got prescribed 2.5mg/25mcg/hr fent patches. He gives me the leftovers every three days for free, to help with my H and oxy withdrawls...Theoretically, each leftover should have about .7mg left of fent in it...oh and he gets the ones that have the gel in them too. I have ate only two of them before, and to almost no effect...Both times they helped cure the sickness of w/d, but I did not feel even the SLIGHTEST buzz. I now have a little stockpile of 3 leftovers, and i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong? Do you actually place the gel directly on your skin? I've tried letting it dissolve on my tongue, under the tongue and swallowing some of it..but i'm not interested in doing it more than a couple more times as i wish to keep my liver, but hell they're free and i'm outta H so i need to get messed up so someone please tell me how to get messed up off these garbage things!!
    Last edited by bi11i; 06-25-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Opiophorum Member paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan's Avatar

I can get the patches all day long so I've experimented with them in quite a few different ways. I personally enjoy wearing them but do you have to wear enough of them (2 100mcg/hr patches do the trick for me, which is what I'm wearing now! I do actually take them for pain. I'm at work right now and work is a pain in my ass thanks to the patches I can't even feel my ass!!!).

If your wearing them and you need the buzz to kick in harder/faster just put a heating pad on it for about 20-30 minutes and it definetely kicks you right in the fucking head. Also I usually take one of the 1/2inch 28g (or smaller) insulin syringes and poke tiny holes on the sticky side of the patch before putting it on, when you do this just make sure you don't poke all the way through the patch. I find that poking holes shortens the duration of the patch high by about a day, but 48 straight hours of good strong heavy duty opiation is pretty damn good in my book, so I aint complaining. One thing you should know is if you wear it and plan on continuing to wear it DO NOT TAKE IT OFF!!! Not that it causes anything dangerous to happen it's just that I've found that removing the patch and trying to rewear it drastically cuts down on the buzz. Also it is very difficult to keep the patch on because the adheasive no longer will stick. Also if you do wear the patch try puttin it somplace where it won't get bent e.g. your chest, upper back, a few inches under your armpit, thigh, calf, etc...

Eating the gel works awesome in so far as the high, but if you do it for a couple of days you can tell it's doing some liver damage (pains in your sides and back, dark colored urine, malaise, pale yellowing complexion, just bad news altogether...). Smoking the gel in cigs works but for a short while (15-20 minutes) and may be a waste cause the cig keeps burning even when not smoked.

Smoking off foil (tried this last night) also works, it just doesn't last long either (10-15 minutes). The trick to that is to vaporize the gel until it dries up, then it will start to smoke and that's when you hit it (I put about a dime size blob on everytime).

I also discovered that you can take a nasal spray pump bottle, Mix some fent with some water and bit of ethanol (any clear high proof'l do) shake that bitch up and go nasally. This also has a short duration though a bit longer than smoking (30 minutes or so). Although I would imagine this may be just as detrimental to you liver as ingesting.

Another way I discovered works well is by cutting the patch, taking out some gel, and just rubbing it behind your ears. That way it bypasses the time release and helps more to be absorbed a lot faster.
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.
    -- George Burns

Occasionally Opiated voodoobudah is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: Extracting Fentanyl from the Patches

I quit using over a year ago and I hesitate to post this, but in name of harm reduction I will.A couple of years ago a dude I know told me about patches and the way the people he knew did them.You know the little bottles of nasal saline solution you get at the dollar store for a buck?They would get one dump out the saline and empty the contents of one 100 mike patch into the empty bottle (the top spray end comes off easily),anyway they would cut a corner of the patch and squeeze the goop out into the bottle like toothpaste.Next they would refill the bottle with warm or hot water and replace the spray and the lid and shake for a couple minutes.I think you can guess the next step.Like I said this has been going on around here for a couple years and a gained popularity after a couple of fatal o.d.s,At least this way you can get buzzed and it should last at least a day,and you can guage your tolerance a lot better incrementally,and you can get blasted to the point you...well I' ve said enough

jacky

a nurse who posts on this website has gone into detail about the dangers of using these patches any other way than intended. these patches have different chemicals than just the opioids. basically they are intended for short term use in patients who have chronic pain, or for patients who are dying. she stated that just using the patch as intended can cause liver destruction and death over time. some medicinal products are used in certain cases when the risk of the medication seems less than the problem at hand.

I know that the skin just behind the ear is an excellent port for dermal absorption........

peasan seems to have one of the better ideas, and backed up by experience, that using a heating pad will increase the effects. he does not seem like a person who has a low tolerance either.

Jr. Opiophile SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paesan
    I do actually take them for pain. I'm at work right now and work is a pain in my ass thanks to the patches I can't even feel my ass!!!).

Hahahaha! LOL! That's f*ing GREAT!

Anyway, what I am getting out of the replies is that in my situation, the nasal solution bottle that Voodoobudah's friends were doing would be a good way for me to maximize usage without:
    A.)nodding off with a patch on and waking up in the hospital
    B.)having family come home and find me all fukkered-up
    C.)having the gel dry up and losing the goodies

Anyone have any other suggestions?

~S~
    "Ribs soooo good...make you wanna slap yo momma!":angry-smi

ssd

Occasionally Opiated oldschool? is an unknown quantity at this point

the adhesive(s) used in production for adherence to the skin.

when i came across one o them patches i read all the info and thought i avoided all of the adhesive by simple puncturing a hole on the outside of the patch (after first pushing all the gell into the corner) so that all the adhesive was left on the opposide side of the chamber the gell came out of - i figure the membrane is one way so their shouldn't be any adhesive mixed with the gell-am i wrong - we heated it gently untill you couldn't smell the alcohol any more - not sure if this damaged any of the active ingredient?? it did'nt serve much purpose for me being on methadone but this method stopped by buddy from being sick from a 2.5 - it sound like the gell is just as bad as the adhesive but anyway - just sharing the info -the things wont do much to me -

Junky duke_nemmerle is fresh on the scene. duke_nemmerle is fresh on the scene. duke_nemmerle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jacky
    this heating pad technique sounds like the best bet for experimentiation.
    That's what I was going to recommend as well, bravo to both of you.

Honestly though, I'd be careful even doing that, it apparently catalyzes the release of the patch but I've heard stories of people who were in legitimate localized pain who had applied a fentanyl patch and a heating pad(naively, not trying to amplify the buzz) and almost killed themselves by causing too much of the drug to be released. If you are going to use the pad to catalyze the release just be sure to monitor your buzz and don't go under.

As others have noted, Fentanyl is absolutely NO SHIT at all. Though one of the best feelings in the world, it's enormously potent and if taken other than intended will cause a HUGE increase in tolerance(at least it did for me)

EDIT: another thing I had read about that I haven't tried or might not even work is to try to get the gel to adhere to a q-tip and holding the q-tip in your nose. No honest clue about if this would prevent absorbtion of the polymers or not, so I can't really recommend it one way or another
    Last edited by duke_nemmerle; 10-12-2005 at 03:14 PM.

Opiophorum Member DaOxyMan is an unknown quantity at this point DaOxyMan's Avatar

so if you're putting it behind the skin of the ear, do you remove the gel from the patch, or do you just put the whole damn patch behind the ear(hope not)..i'm gettin frustrated with these damn nonsense patches i don't get high off them and i don't OD no matter how many i eat this is BS i don't even have that high of a tolerance..i think fentanyl is a placebo. that's right i said it it's a placebo you're all full of it, if anyone contacts me you can have all my patches cause they are GARBAGE...i'll trade them for a pack of marlboro lights because i haven't had a cig in 2 days and that will get me more fucked up than this patch i'm about to consume yet again...ok i'm done sorry

here's a good way to get messed up off of these patches but it is time consuming:
    1) eat one patch as often as possible (do NOT OD)
    2) Continue until liver explodes
    3) Go to Hospital
    4) Recieve IV Morphine for pain from liver exploding
    5) Enjoy Morphine buzz
    6) Demand Painkillers for chronic pain
    7) Go home
    8) Abuse newfound painkillers

Fent problem solved!

Opiophorum Member paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan will become famous soon enough paesan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaOxyMan
    so if you're putting it behind the skin of the ear, do you remove the gel from the patch, or do you just put the whole damn patch behind the ear(hope not)..i'm gettin frustrated with these damn nonsense patches i don't get high off them and i don't OD no matter how many i eat this is BS i don't even have that high of a tolerance..i think fentanyl is a placebo. that's right i said it it's a placebo you're all full of it, if anyone contacts me you can have all my patches cause they are GARBAGE...i'll trade them for a pack of marlboro lights because i haven't had a cig in 2 days and that will get me more fucked up than this patch i'm about to consume yet again...ok i'm done sorry
    Take the gel out and rub it behind your ear, that way it bypasses the time release. If it was still in the patch then the time release would still be there. Dude the patches are one of my favtorite. I have 2 100mcg/hr patches on that I put on last night and I'm feeling fucking great and Have been for almost 24 hours straight. Try squeezing a dime size blob onto a peice of tin foil, rub it all around one end until it is flatened out, light it underneath with a lighter and inhale the vapors, that should get you jamned.
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.
    -- George Burns

thanks man thats all i needed to know! i was worried if i took the gel out and put it on the skin directly if it would dry and be a waste but if thats a good way to use it and avoid death/injury by liver explosion than so be it! thanks man good luck with your patches!

Never Looked Back shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about

DaOxyMan, that step-by-step post you wrote was fuckin hillarious, I was rollin on the floor laughin. Thanks for the lift!!!
    Like taking the hair off a monkey.........dont try this at home

Occasionally Opiated oldschool? is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by 14bzd
    I the adhesive(s) used in production for adherence to the skin. (these are the dangerous substance(s) that induce the liver enzymes causing amongst other things, jaundice and liver impairment and or failure. Now that the formalities are out of the way remember never to inject neither the salt or especially the free-base for this can cause severe phlebotic distress as well as cardiac problems and death. Just wear the damn thing and be safe, you can increase the intake by placing a heating pad over the patch on the skin for short periods.
    i get some mixed messages from these post (i'm getting deja vu - i could swear i already quoted the above and asked one of these questions...) so i'll be more specific.

in light of the above quote - did the people (who posted above) with the liver dammage actually ingest the part of the patch that that contains the adhesive?
    the one time i had a box of these things i read all the paperwork it came with and thought i was avoiding all the adhesive by puncturing the outside of the patch to squish the gell out-i assume the transdermal membrane is one way so i don't see why the adhesive would be any concern with this method...no?

of course the second half of the above quote suggests that even the gell without adhesives is still dangerous to i.v....but for different reasons...
    Take Care and Be Kind to Yourself!! (for the sake of all beings)

Junky duke_nemmerle is fresh on the scene. duke_nemmerle is fresh on the scene. duke_nemmerle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool?
    i get some mixed messages from these post (i'm getting deja vu - i could swear i already quoted the above and asked one of these questions...) so i'll be more specific.

in light of the above quote - did the people (who posted above) with the liver dammage actually ingest the part of the patch that that contains the adhesive?
    the one time i had a box of these things i read all the paperwork it came with and thought i was avoiding all the adhesive by puncturing the outside of the patch to squish the gell out-i assume the transdermal membrane is one way so i don't see why the adhesive would be any concern with this method...no?

of course the second half of the above quote suggests that even the gell without adhesives is still dangerous to i.v....but for different reasons...
    I think even without the adhesive some of the ingredients which are 'inactive' when worn can actually cause liver damage. I think I read in this thread that there was a polymer in the gel that caused liver damage

New Opiophile MadManApothecary is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, Alright everyone is getting a little too excited over the frozen duragesic. You have to be incredible careful with those things because the solution inside the patches not only is dangerous because of binders and such but the fentynal itself doesn't maintain an equal distribution in the solution, so therefore you might get 50 mcg grams out of one drop or 3000 mcg out of another. I'm sure the majority of people that post or read here are careful but I've always been especially suspicious of fentynal, it can snowball ona person so easily and its always worked my over more then it seems to most other people, JUST BE CAREFUL!

Jr. Opiophile SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod will become famous soon enough SomniGod's Avatar

As to the potency of the plastic that the fentanyl gel is contained in is amazing. After being totally dry (all gel squeezed out) i was able to nod to the point of falling into my dinner... dropping cig after cig...etc.....JUST BY CHEWING the used patch! Be careful! It's got more than ya think. Also, don't swallow, save your spit for day 2! Eeeewwwwww!!!!!!

~S~

ssd

jacky

glycerin is a compound that is used in candy making, and other consumable products, and also a component of KY heat lubricant....glycerin has a strange sweet heating flavor/sensation.

I read a post at entheogen.com about people using glycerin as a carrier agent for drugs, seems the tobacco scientists came up with a glycerin ball coated with nicotine carrier agent that was part of experimental smokeless cigarette creation.

seems like the liver problems might be coming from some other additive?

Or am I mistaken about my assumptions of glycerin?

Quote Originally Posted by jacky
    glycerin is a compound that is used in candy making, and other consumable products, and also a component of KY heat lubricant....glycerin has a strange sweet heating flavor/sensation.

I read a post at entheogen.com about people using glycerin as a carrier agent for drugs, seems the tobacco scientists came up with a glycerin ball coated with nicotine carrier agent that was part of experimental smokeless cigarette creation.

seems like the liver problems might be coming from some other additive?

Or am I mistaken about my assumptions of glycerin?
    Not sure, the glycerin suppositories I use, say ingestion is not wise, but who knows if this is due to an additive or not? Either way, there is some polymer in the patch substance that seems to have a horrible effect on the liver from what I've read

Occasionally Opiated casperfromkidz is an unknown quantity at this point

what if you just took the shit out of the patch diluted it in some warm water and shot it up your ass? Has anyone tried it? if so how well did it work?
    "The scrip you gave me last time Doc, just doesnt seem to help the pain."

can ya chew the hard plastic patches... I have a lil and don't wanna waste it... wish it was gel!!!!!

~S~

ssd

Never Looked Back devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice

the patches with no gel just cut up to whatever dose you want and chew or put under tongue for an hour or so i asked these ? back when i came on here which is why i came on this site. anyway ive had no adverse reactiion other than 2 much first time to be in public and fuctioning unoticeable. nobody really knew with no real habit a package can last a long time. ive cut a 100 into as small as 1/32 or 1/16 since they only last about 4-6 hrs you can guage your use .

SWIM chewed about 1/8 of a 100mcg fent patch... hard..not gel. He chewed for 3 hours. Kinda got high and some itches....tiny pupils...but no nod. He's kinda bummed. Better than nuthin, but he wishes it had been gel to smoke!!! any way to extract and brown?

~S~

ssd

Never Looked Back hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod's Avatar

Default fentanyl

50mcg/ml

20ml

What should be done with this. I don't want to shoot alough thst's what the solution is for. It's fent Citrate. Can this be taken sublingually or ingested? It may contain sodium hydroxide or hydrochloric acid for PH but thst is only other ingredient (maybe water?).

Occasionally Opiated steelheadwayne is an unknown quantity at this point steelheadwayne's Avatar

now im really jonesinnnnnnn...........im gonna lick a 2.5mg one. I'll report on it later.
    .............PEACE

Occasionally Opiated steelheadwayne is an unknown quantity at this point steelheadwayne's Avatar

well im not gonna lick one again. made me nauseated. .....taste like shit too.
    is that alot to lick up in one shot cause i never even went on the nod....hmmmmmmmmm
    ...................PEACE................Wayne..... ...................<{{{><.........................

Never Looked Back devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice

what kinda patches did you guys chew, gel or non gel (matrix) they look like scotch tape, ive only tried the non gel and have had great luck course im a light weight these days, ihave access to free ones and usually chew 1/16 at about 6am and another 1/16 around noon , get a yakkin like crazy buzz an hour into it each time no bad side effects. this is mostly a maintence type dose if i do more i do nod if i sit and stop runnin around, fen. is a way different drug havin shot a lot of it way back, quicker higher tolerance, worst wds but shorter duration. i could go on but its time to put my waders on and get my ass headin up the river.

i had the "duragesic" gel one devils.
    man i wish i was going to the river for some chrome........on a brighter note some of my bros have been getting some fresh steelies on my home river here in town.......so hopefully tomorrow if i dont stay up all night pissin around on this thing.........good luck bro and let me know if ya tag any.
    .............PEACE..................Wayne......... .........<{{{><...............

ps.....my tolerance must be up there as i never got as much off it as i expected. but i heeded the warning not to OD...........a little is better than alot as i can try more the next time...but im not sure if its for me.................

damn wayne, you just got nauseated from the shit? no buzz? I've found fent patches to just be the gehenna when it comes to opie buzzes. I always got nauseated too, but it's because I was buzzed beyond belief

Never Looked Back Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck's Avatar

howdy, new here. i have a 25 patch here in my wallet. after a few days of research on the interenet, i've decided that the safest, most reasonable recreational way i can utilize this is thus: sticking it on my body, like its supposed to. i have a mild tolerence; i can get well jammed on about 40 or 50 mgs of straight up codeine. 30 feels good for a sad 20 minutes. any less dosage, and i can't feel it. so here i go. thing is, when do i stick it on? new year's holiday is saturday night, and i like to drink. i won't want to drink whilst having this fentanyl do its thing to me. should i do it now, before i go to sleep? then when i wake up, hopefully i'll feel somewhat good, if not dead, with death being the worst case scenerio ever. if it doesnt work, i'll rev up the hair dryer and warm that bitch up for play. ok, actually, i will do this tomorrow. i'd hate to wake up dead. if i get a fentanyl overdose, i'd rather be alive so i can yelp.

i promise i will post the results. are you curious too?

New Opiophile anaconda100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I take the Fentanyl patch off for sleeping times, it feels like its going to waste if you use it in sleep? So basically if I sleep 8hours a night I could add 16 hours of affect?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast