Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is Stadol?

Never Looked Back shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: start shooting

Hey Candy, what is Stadol?
    Like taking the hair off a monkey.........dont try this at home

Left the building. ontario_opiophile is an unknown quantity at this point ontario_opiophile's Avatar

I think Stadol is Butorphanol. It's a nasal spray that comes in these tiny little bottles and you sniff some whenever your in pain or whenever you want a "buzz". It's about 5 times more potent than morphine. It's one of those weird lesser known opioids. Some of the other lesser known ones are Nalbuphine, and Pentazocine. I don't know if Butorphanol nasal spray really has a great buzz or anything. It has been unscheduled for years and years, I think just in the past few years they made it a controlled substance.

High-Functioning Drug Addict Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops's Avatar

Re: start shooting

Ontario, Shuan and Candy -

Stadol. Yuck!

My stadol story is that I had one of those inhalers one time, they contain like 2 or 3ml of fluid - 10mg/ml butorphanol. You're supposed to take one spray for a migraine, which is prolly only 1mg or something. I opened up the little spray bottle and drew up a whole cc into one of those nice big 3ml syringes, and mainlined 10mg of butorphanol (this was ack about 5 years ago, around August of 2000). I thought it would be a good rush, boy was I wrong!. Most fucked up feeling I ever had on an opiate. It was like a bad acid trip with just a hint of an opiate like feeling. I was at work and was trying to play it off - BOY WHAT A BAD DAY THAT WAS! I needed to take a handful of lortabs just to shake that bad feeling. Moral of the story: don't shoot stadol!

I shot some nalbuphine once too and that wasn't really that bad, just weak.

Health Professional candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy's Avatar

Default Re: What is Stadol?

Sorry, I missed this post and I apologize for just getting to it now.
    Stadol ( butorphanol tartrate) is a schedule lV controlled substance. IMO it should be a schedule ll drug as it has a high potential for abuse. It is an opioid and generally found in a spray form. It is used quite a bit in labor and delivery. It can be given I.V.
    It should not be taken with Methadone as it can cause withdrawals.
    It is also used as a pre-operative anesthesia.

I myself was given Stadol NS years ago for Migraines and would get really high from it.
    It is a lesser known opioid and not used often in an out patient setting.

Junky duke_nemmerle is fresh on the scene. duke_nemmerle is fresh on the scene. duke_nemmerle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candy
    Sorry, I missed this post and I apologize for just getting to it now.
    Stadol ( butorphanol tartrate) is a schedule lV controlled substance. IMO it should be a schedule ll drug as it has a high potential for abuse. It is an opioid and generally found in a spray form. It is used quite a bit in labor and delivery. It can be given I.V.
    It should not be taken with Methadone as it can cause withdrawals.
    It is also used as a pre-operative anesthesia.

I myself was given Stadol NS years ago for Migraines and would get really high from it.
    It is a lesser known opioid and not used often in an out patient setting.
    You rock Candy, as does everyone here. I've never heard of this stuff before in my life, thanks a ton for the infos folks

Jr. Opiophile skeletontea is an unknown quantity at this point skeletontea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoop
    Ontario, Shuan and Candy -

Stadol. Yuck!
    :vomit2: My sentiments exactly. (Normally I wouldn't resurrect such an old thread, but seeing as it sounds like SWIM is one of the few people here who has ever used the stuff, I might as well share an experience.)

SWIM has a bad back (which was a real bitch before seeing his current chiropractor who is excellent.) A close relative whom I won't identify handed him a bottle of butorphanol (transnasal) that they'd had lying around for years. He tried it, and thought it was fantastic. SWIM used it on more than one occasion. A year later there was another bottle, as the relative had renewed the prescription. He used it again in a time of desperation, however this time accompanying the buzz was the worst nausea SWIM had ever experienced with any opiate ever. It was almost not worth using.

Curious about the unprecedented nausea, SWIM took both bottles and compared the two. The first bottle had been expired for over a year by the time he had used it. He wonders if the nausea inducing component has a shorter half-life than the more desirable effects. Perhaps there was another reason SWIM didn't feel sick from the first bottle, but if not, they should be stocked up and aged like tiny bottles of wine.
    Opium and poison, jasmine and rose. Dream of ambrosia, all flavours glow. It's sensual. - Clan of Xymox
    In loving memory of Chelsea, 1989-2006; Silky, 1990-2006; Ivy, 2002-2005.

OpioNoMo Peripat is an unknown quantity at this point Peripat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skeletontea
    they should be stocked up and aged like tiny bottles of wine.
    Heheh... oh to live in the days when we could keep "opiate cellars" as freely as wine cellars...

Health Professional candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy's Avatar

Opiates can cause nausea and in my first few weeks of what became a rollercoaster ride, I suffered with a lot of nausea. The higher the dose, the greater the nausea.
    I know that because of the effect opiates and opioids have on the different regions of the brain, they affect the area that regulates vomiting. So, I imagine that is why we experience nausea. I myself experience more nausea with opioids. Go figure!

Jr. Opiophile skeletontea is an unknown quantity at this point skeletontea's Avatar

Opiates can cause nausea and in my first few weeks of what became a rollercoaster ride, I suffered with a lot of nausea. The higher the dose, the greater the nausea.
    I know that because of the effect opiates and opioids have on the different regions of the brain, they affect the area that regulates vomiting. So, I imagine that is why we experience nausea. I myself experience more nausea with opioids. Go figure!
    Yeah, but the strange thing is that I was much less experienced with opiates when I had the less nausea inducing stadol, even at the same dosage. I suppose I'm fortunate that I, in general, don't get very nauseated from opiates (or anything else for that matter, I've perhaps vomited twice in 10 years for any reason.)
    Opium and poison, jasmine and rose. Dream of ambrosia, all flavours glow. It's sensual. - Clan of Xymox

High-Functioning Drug Addict Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Zoops's Avatar

Re: What is Stadol?

This just occurred to me - maybe stadol (butorphanol) has more of an opiate strong effect in females? Seems like everyone I have ever heard that liked it's effects is female. Well not exactly, because now that I remember, there was a guy one time in a NA meeting I met that said his DOC was stadol, but that was just one guy. I think females' nervous systems handle some drugs differently and butorphanol might be one of them.

Opiophorum Member katomic is an unknown quantity at this point

its a possibility that females get off more on tramadol too, perhaps there more sensitive to opiates altogether

GOT IT!!!

Its all evolutionary dear Watson. Men go out hunting and do the hard work while the females look after the kids and cook, the men are much more likely to get hurt therefore need more endorphins to fight the pain therefore have a higher tolerance to opiates.
    What you all think?
    Doctor nick

I think that you have never given birth. Wouldn't it make more sense that women would produce more endorphins so that they could give birth. I don't believe they had epidurals back when you men were out there hunting for our food, while we stayed in the cave, cooking and taking care of the kids.... But maybe a good conk on the head gave the same effect....

And after working in the ER, I have seen many men cry like babies, while women were able to tolerate a great deal more pain. You guys are all tough on the outside, but one little cut or break and you become whimpering fools. Just an observation!

OK, you know I am just playing. Right?

Opiophorum Member Mokelly is an unknown quantity at this point Mokelly's Avatar

sorry to resurrect such an old post, but how does stadol rack up against other opiates in potency and what's the experience like? Compared to morphine lets say. Anyone have any idea? Replies are much appreciated, as is your time for taking part. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mokelly; 03-29-2006 at 07:13 PM.
    All of the above is false.

Occasionally Opiated dissident is an unknown quantity at this point dissident's Avatar

im pretty sure that butorphanol is an agonist/antagonist, right?

as for pain, i know it is much much "more powerful" than morphine, but as an opiate it is kinda worthless, right? when ive used it the speedy feeling was not worth the opiate feeling and it brought on withdrawl.

it is heavily used in veterinary clinics under the name torbugesic.
    "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."
    -George Bush II St. Charles Missouri; october 2000

Never Looked Back hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod is a glorious beacon of light hovadagod's Avatar

Tried it. Def. agonist/antagonist. Sucks. Called poison control b/c thought I was going to die. It got me more f'ed up than any opi ever and I just dipped a Q-tip in it and put it in my nose. It was the most dysphoric feeling EVER. Stay away.

Occasionally Opiated Scarlettnight is an unknown quantity at this point Scarlettnight's Avatar

SWIM gets Stadol once a month. At first it makes you nauseas as hell. SWIM finds that it makes her very angry, speedy, but no happy opioid effects. SWIM usually uses this to keep w/d at bay until the next visit . Usually using the 10m/l transnasal spray 3 to 4 squirts does the job. Hoever if you have never used this like i said earlier it will make you yack.

Never Looked Back exitwound is an unknown quantity at this point exitwound's Avatar
    Shoot yourself in the balls and then electrocute yourself. That's how I always feel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hovadagod
    Tried it. Def. agonist/antagonist. Sucks. Called poison control b/c thought I was going to die. It got me more f'ed up than any opi ever and I just dipped a Q-tip in it and put it in my nose. It was the most dysphoric feeling EVER. Stay away.
    Yeah.....definitely not on any sane person's happy list.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - The Good Doctor, Hunter S. Thompson

Occasionally Opiated lucas45862 is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM REALLY LIKES STADOL BUT SWIM THINKS THAT THE HIGH DOESN"T LAST LONG. AS FOR THE NAUSEA SWIM WOULD JUST CLOSE HIS EYES AND RIDE THE WAVE. SWIM WOULD USE ABOUT 2 SPRAYS IN EACH NOSTRILS AND WOULD BE FUCKED UP FOR ABOUT A HOUR. BUT THAT HOUR WAS THE BEST SWIM HAS EVER HAD.
    :finger4u: "What's wrong with pills and alcohol? Are you judging me? It kills the pain. I hate it when people start spewing bullshit like, "You're going to have to deal with it sooner or later." Well, not really, because by the time "later" comes, my problem will be over because of the booze and pills. I'm not stupid."- Amy Sedaris :chillpill :chillpill:chillpill:chillpill

Never Looked Back antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse is a name known to all antigonemuse's Avatar

my neuro stopped scribing it cause of its potential for abuse... switched me to oxys instead... go figure....lol
    Antigone
    "Living like this is a full-time business" Irvine Welsh - Trainspotting

I love it!!!!
    Fucking doctor's.....Stadol is a schedule IV drug and Oxy's are schedule II. I imagine the only reason is because Stadol is only available in NS and IV and therefor less likely to be sold and abused and Oxy's are available PO.
    Same thing happened to me years ago when I was experiencing the cluster migraines all the time. my doc took me off of it and put me some NSAID's when the Stadol was the only thing that helped me, honest!!!!

I'm going to medical school and write my own damn prescriptions!!!!!!

Occasionally Opiated lucas45862 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love it!!!!
    Fucking doctor's.....Stadol is a schedule IV drug and Oxy's are schedule II. I imagine the only reason is because Stadol is only available in NS and IV and therefor less likely to be sold and abused and Oxy's are available PO.
    Same thing happened to me years ago when I was experiencing the cluster migraines all the time. my doc took me off of it and put me some NSAID's when the Stadol was the only thing that helped me, honest!!!!

I'm going to medical school and write my own damn prescriptions!!!!!!

ARE YOU TAKING PATIENTS.........?LOL
    :finger4u: "What's wrong with pills and alcohol? Are you judging me? It kills the pain. I hate it when people start spewing bullshit like, "You're going to have to deal with it sooner or later." Well, not really, because by the time "later" comes, my problem will be over because of the booze and pills. I'm not stupid."- Amy Sedaris :chillpill :chillpill:chillpill:chillpill

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlettnight
    SWIM gets Stadol once a month. At first it makes you nauseas as hell. SWIM finds that it makes her very angry, speedy, but no happy opioid effects.
    The last handful of times I used butorphanol it was enjoyable like the first time, but I did notice that I got pretty aggressive at one point (which is very unusual for me). Brap and I each had about 50mg, and at one point I was frustrated because I couldn't find something I was looking for. He suggested I calm down, and in response I yelled "DON'T FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!" About a minute later I apologized profusely. I apologized again later that night.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's had that reaction.

Occasionally Opiated Scarlettnight is an unknown quantity at this point Scarlettnight's Avatar

I have found through my trials with Stadol that if I take 1/2 a K-pin the rage subsides. I also
    become extremely sensitive to touch in a very good way. I am liking it a lot more than I used to for this very reason.

Occasionally Opiated doctor opiate is an unknown quantity at this point

STADOL (butorphanol tartrate) is an opioid agonist-antagonist analgesic!
    THis means that it will kill pain in some patients. BUT, BEWARE! This medication also has an opiate antagonist combined in it. THis means that if you are a regular opiate user, with tolerance, and opitates in your system (especially stronger ones), and you take STADOL, then you will go into withdrawl! This medication will remove other opiates from you as well. It is formulated this way to mainly prevent people from shooting it up, but if you take lots of strong opiates and have a good tolerance, the antagonist can still affect you when using it the normal (intranasal) way, and cause you to go into withdrawl. The same with Suboxone! If you are currently taking strong opiates with a good tolerance, do not take this medication (STADOL), or you will suffer moderate to severe withdrawl. (at least most people will).

Good luck. Use safely!
    Doctor Opiate:cool:

+ Reply to Thread