Advertise on Opiophile
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are you prescribed per month?

Occasionally Opiated halo in reverse is an unknown quantity at this point

Default What are you prescribed per month?

Hey guys! I love this site, this is my first post

seeing as most "SWIMS" who are into pharms best connect is there doctors.... My question is:

What are "SWYM" prescribed per month?

How is "SWYM" prescribed to take them?

How quickly does "SWYM" go through them?

What would "SWYM" prefer to be prescribed if the choice were up to them?

SWIM doesn't IV the meds are usually insulfated or swallowed....

Here is what SWIM gets per month:

15 duragesic patches 50mcg/hr : about 10 are used for maintenance so they last the whole month, the other 5 go in about 3 day

200 5 mg Oxy IR's : these last about 10 days , the script is for 1 or 2 pills as needed for pain.

60 Soma 350mg each : these SWIM is not crazy about, they are decent potentiators when I'm in the mood, they last about 20 days. The script says up to 2 pills per day as needed for spams

90 Klonopin .5 mgs : these are taken occasionally with a beer or two when the Oxy is gone. They last all month. The script says 1 pill 3 times daily.

60 Xanax .25 mgs : about the same as the K-pins

If Swim had it his way he'd get OC's 80's for a long acting med and Roxi 15mgs for break through pain.

By the way I am a Chronic pain sufferer. I have two herniated discs T-5 and T-6 with a small herniation at L-5. I also have degenerative disc disease.

So how do others compare for monthly meds?
    "You wear guilt like shackles on your feet"

DM

Never Looked Back Hammilton is fresh on the scene. Hammilton is fresh on the scene. Hammilton's Avatar

Default Re: What are you prescribed per month?

when you put the Y in SWIM, wtf are you trying to say? Someone WHo You ???? I can't think of an M word.

Someone Who're You're Not SWYN, maybe. swinnies
    your mileage may vary.

Never Looked Back Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl's Avatar

Before I got cut-off from my meds, I was prescribed 100 10mg percs a month, that lasted 5 days, and 100 Somas a month which lasted about 20 days.
    BDG

“We gain the strength of the temptation we resist.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Occasionally Opiated Ganjacake is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: What are you prescribed per month?

When I do the right thing and go to 1 doctor,(got caught,so I have to)I get 90 80 mg's O C's, 90 10/325 Percs,And 90 Soma. I think I do pretty good.And 90 1 mg klonapam,from GP.

OpioNoMo JahRed24 is an unknown quantity at this point

wtf?! how old are some of you with these insane scripts... man if i got prescribed anything better then lortabs i would be outta my mind! and shit i don't even wanna think about what u guys go threw when u get cut off or start having to tapper...

Does everyone just have back problems? is that the biggest thing to get opiates for?

Jr. Opiophile Skript is fresh on the scene. Skript is fresh on the scene. Skript's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ganjacake View Post
    When I do the right thing and go to 1 doctor,(got caught,so I have to)I get 90 80 mg's O C's, 90 10/325 Percs,And 90 Soma. I think I do pretty good.And 90 1 mg klonapam,from GP.
    I would be one happy camper with that script.. Thats great.. I hope its enuf for ya..

Quote Originally Posted by JahRed24 View Post
    wtf?! how old are some of you with these insane scripts... man if i got prescribed anything better then lortabs i would be outta my mind! and shit i don't even wanna think about what u guys go threw when u get cut off or start having to tapper...

Does everyone just have back problems? is that the biggest thing to get opiates for?
    I'm 43 and I had back surgery in 1982,then worked 10 years and hurt back again.when swim used 2 drs he was getting 100mcg fentyl 180 norco. and flexiral. The insurance would pay ,as long as there were no doubles (oxy ,hydro,fentnl, perc ,soma, flexiral.)all free. I'll find some new docs to work.Its easy when your M.R.I says back is bad.Its not so!

Quote Originally Posted by Skript View Post
    I would be one happy camper with that script.. Thats great.. I hope its enuf for ya..
    I share with my girl, theres never enough!I have disk herniations at L-4/L-5.M.R.I.will always say theres a problem

OpioNoMo JahRed24 is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome for u...

Sorry about that...... I wasn't quite sure about the gramerical modification to SWIM

I just guessed and used SWYM for Someone Who You've Met....

I apologise for any confusion.

Anyway I'm 31, and I have the same thing, MRI shows bad back.... I do have a bad back so there really isn't much that isn't correct. I just maybe exagerate a bit and then I misuse my meds.

DM

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

I'm not prescribed any pain meds. I use opiates recreationally. In my own words I take then for the "pains of life".

Never Looked Back insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike will become famous soon enough insaneike's Avatar

10, 2.5mg Fentanyl patches: these last anywhere from a week to 4weeks. depends. I try and use them strictly for pain though, cause fent is the ONLY thing that helps my pain, and even then I still hurt like a mother. Of course i smoke em as needed.

60, Roxicodone 30mg(just got switched from 45/month) : these all month usualy, cause i make them tho! and this is NOT using to get high or real pain releif... these are just as a lil kicker inner basicly. though im usualy out of these and gotta go 3-4days without every month.

90, Soma 350mg : I don't even really take these. I take maybe 10-20 a month? If that.. I have literally hundreds of these saved up in the fridge with all the lortab n other worthless stuff i used to get.

and i was just took off my 30, xanax .5mg cause no longer needed. well i still use about 10 a month... but i self weaned myself n recently told the doc i no longer need em(diff doc than my pain doc).

and thats it for what im legaly scripted.

now what else i use is 60 Methadone 10mg, 45 extra Roxi 30s aside from the script, and around three 1/4s of dope a month(only use dope to party with, and on rare occasion/3xmonth now).

This is all hypothetical and SWIM wishes it was true :cool:

and my scripts are NOT enough! not at all. I feel like if I was scripted 10, 7.5mg Fentanyl patches(gel ones), 240 Roxi 30s, about 30-60 methadone 10s, and like 60-90 Dialudid 8s i'd be adequately medicated and have my pain under as much control as possible. *dreams*

I have a very bad back. I had a lumbar fusion that went very wrong last year. I'm now left with some pretty bad nerve damage(one the screws in me is on a nerve now, blah), have a cage and 4screws in me, and a bone spur has formed in the problem area(L5-S1) and jams into a nerve every time i step on my right leg. and to top that off I have three more sliped discs on my L1-L3 !!!!! blah, fuck backs :@ and now i've got something wrong with my knee.. something really bad, i got for an MRI on it Thurs.

Later

Never Looked Back Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl is a name known to all Badly Drawn Girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JahRed24 View Post

I was scripted for calcium deposits in my shoulder. I tore the shit out of my right shoulder because I used to pitch (baseball) and I suffer from chronic pain that stems from that. If I ever go to a pain clinic I'm sure I'll be bumped up to some more serious meds. My problem cannot easily be solved by traditional methods. And it's extremely painful.
    BDG

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Never Looked Back The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman's Avatar

GOD DAMN!!!

Some of you guys have some great docs...I just get my 100 amps of buprenex per month ,I need about 150-180 or 200 would be great but am scared to ask for more...
    Philippians 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by halo in reverse View Post
    Sorry about that...... I wasn't quite sure about the gramerical modification to SWIM

I just guessed and used SWYM for Someone Who You've Met....

I apologise for any confusion.
    Don't apologize. I got what you were saying. Some people on this board just look for a reason to slam another person for no reason. No confusion here and ignore those that have nothing to contribute.
    BDG

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Occasionally Opiated TheRigatti is an unknown quantity at this point TheRigatti's Avatar

k..posting again on hubbys account because im waiting for mine to be approved. I have back issues, and my back bothers me really bad...chronic pain. To see what is wrong with some other peoples backs makes me feel stupid. I have scholiosis (spelled wrong) a lower lombard strain, and sacreolitis (spelled wrong as well) Not sure how serious my problems are bcause when I ask questions they just kinda blow it off, write my script and say nothing else. Can anyone tell me howww serious these issues are and if they will be there forever? Not to mention, what kind of pain meds should I be on? I have always gotten prescribed 135, 5 mg percs, 90 10 mg valium for spazms, and 30 flexeril. The percs never last and dont seem to work well enough, the valium is a godsend for bedtime to keep spazms in order, and the flexeril DO NOT do anything to help. any advice? and thanks ahead of time ;]

everything i type is fictional or is it.....and im not a doctor but if i give advise it is to the best of my ability and i will not give advise on something im not sure of...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRigatti View Post
    The percs never last and dont seem to work well enough, the valium is a godsend for bedtime to keep spazms in order, and the flexeril DO NOT do anything to help. any advice? and thanks ahead of time ;]
    I was on Flexeril for a long time and it was shit. Then I was put on Skelaxin which was even worse. Finally I was given Soma's and they were heavenly. They actually managed my pain better than the percs. I would tell your doctor that the Flexeril isn't working and ask if there is something stronger that you could take. Good luck!
    BDG

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by TheRigatti View Post
    . To see what is wrong with some other peoples backs makes me feel stupid. I have scholiosis (spelled wrong) a lower lombard strain, and sacreolitis (spelled wrong as well) Not sure how serious my problems are bcause when I ask questions they just kinda blow it off, write my script and say nothing else. Can anyone tell me howww serious these issues are and if they will be there forever? ;]

Don't feel stupid..... Pain is different for everyone. People have different receptors that respond to different stimuli, some people even have fucked up pain receptors like in the case of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Syndrome. These are real conditions and your body is recieving real pain stimuli from the nerves.

In your case it really depends how severe the conditions that you have are. In the case of Scoliosis the spinal column is bent abnormally to the side. It's a very common spinal deformity especially in girls and women. The thing about it though is your spine could be slightly curved or hugely curved, or somewhere in between. It typically isn't painful until it starts putting pressure on your discs and the muscles around the curvature. It can also be bad on the knees as you age, especially if the curvature is lower in your back. If it's lower in your back it creates a tilting of your pelvis which would cause a limp or uneven walk. It's pretty much permanent. You can have corrective surgery where they place rods in your back to straighten it. The best thing if it was diagnosed when you were youndger , would have been orthopedic braces on your legs. They can sometimes correct the curvature.

Scoliosis can definitely cause pain, it all depends on the severity.

The lower lumbar strain, is probably caused by the Scoliosis. That is a strain (overextension, or tear of the muscles in your lower back). This will cause you the spasms and general pain. Usually this can be fixed up pretty easily (again depending on the severity) with exercises and physical Therapy.

Sacroiliacitis is also probably caused by the scoliosis. If I am reading the word you posted correctly it is inflammation and fluid in the Sacroiliac joints. The Sacrum is just above your tailbone and is an area that is really rich in nerve endings. It's also very prone to injury. The Sacoiliac joints are where the Sacrum meats the Pelvis. Again I would think that physical Therapy would be your best bet.

As far as if you need pain meds? Well only you know how much pain you're in. If these meds help you function on a day to day basis and increase the quality of your life then yes you need to be on them. For some reason most people look at pain meds as some taboo drug (obviously because they are abused) , but if you need to take them daily to live a normal life then they are no different then someone who takes a Blood pressure med every day to keep their pressure in check, or someone who take Allegra to control allergies etc. Pain Meds just control a symptom.

Hope this helps

DM

Occasionally Opiated RunForTheRoses is an unknown quantity at this point RunForTheRoses's Avatar

60 Vicodin - supposed to last 30 days - prescribed for neck and back pain from multiple car accidents (unfortunately true, I'm a crappy driver).
    "It's not easy being Green" ~Kermit

Opiophorum Member noahzark is an unknown quantity at this point noahzark's Avatar

As much as I can get my greedy little dope addict hands on drooling.

Question, have you ever been so high you were drooling?

That is where I like to get
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Occasionally Opiated Mom is an unknown quantity at this point Mom's Avatar

I'm new and I apoliges that I haven't had time to introduce myself in the "I'm New Here" thread, but I will get to it shortly.

My scripts for a month are: #20 100mcg. Duragesic Patches, (Fentanyl), #10 50mcg. Duragesic Patches, #180 80mg. Oxycontins, #90 40mg. Oxycontins, #180 10/650mg. Percocets, #30 12.5mg Ambien CR plus a bunch of other stuff that have no "Grins" involved with them at all. I take 600mgs. of Oxy a day and usually have 250mcg. of Duragesic glued to my body somewhere also, depending on my pain level, and what planet I'm planning on flying to . Next month I will be starting Fentora which is just Fentanyl in a tablet form that you put between your cheek and gum and it dissloves there where some is absorbed through the muccus membrane and the rest is swallowed and absorbs in the GI tract.

I have MS and leukemia. The MS causes quite a lot of pain but the leukemia, for the most part, doesn't cause me any pain.

I look forward to being a part of this unique community on this board.

** Everything you think you have just read, is really just in your DREAMZ!!**

Jr. Opiophile Skript is fresh on the scene. Skript is fresh on the scene. Skript's Avatar

^^^^
    Welcome mom....
    Thats about the heftiest list of perscribed meds ive heard of... I hope you're getting the releif you need as well as a little fun out of it..
    You must be VERY opaite tolerant!!

BTW i like your nickname, we need a mom around here... haha
    Last edited by Skript; 04-30-2007 at 03:15 AM. Reason: unknown

QUEEN B MODERATOR roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust has much to be proud of roxi*stardust's Avatar

Holy SHITE, MOM is loaded!!! Between me and my husband we get #150 OxyContin 20mg, #90 Percocet 10mgs, #100 Lortab 10mgs, #60 10mg Valium, #60 0.5mg Ativan plus some head meds Cymbalta, Lexapro, Elavil.

..... found that when it got *really* bad, I'd cop, and fuck all that detoxing, whether I'm eating carrots and brown rice, or vodka and cough drops, I've learned only one sure thing about detoxing:
    There Ain't No Free Lunch!.......Originally posted by Duckfeet

Opiophorum Member jspilt is an unknown quantity at this point jspilt's Avatar

I had 100 7.5 vic, but my doc retired swim has a buddy that picks up random OC and MS, so it's not too bad. Going to a Pain Managment Clinic this month (yippy insurance) hopefully they are good people. Going to try for something a littel stronger than hydro, but not crazy.

How do you that have to shop for doctors deal with them? Having legit pain and all, do you let them decide treatment, or do you let it be known that you have preferences? My last script started as darv, thankfully I steered him to at least hydro. I don't want it to seem like I am shopping for meds, but lets not lie to ourselves, if we can get something better, who isn't going to?
    I tried and tried, I never learn, there's only one way out ...Push Down and Turn

OpioNoMo flipside is an unknown quantity at this point flipside's Avatar

^^ A sure fire way to not get what you want and possibly walk out with nothing at all is to request a certin med. ( unless you luck upon a very cool doc..rare) Pain management is a process and unfortunately a game. Even when a legitimate need exists and you know what works for you and what does'nt, an educated patient is likely to be labeld drug seeking. There is a lot of great info here about seeing a Pm doctor fot the first time..what not to do and what to do. Search and you should find lots of great info that will help you out.

If you still have questions you can start your own thread and get some input from those who have been through the process. Myself inculded.
    Last edited by flipside; 04-30-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Occasionally Opiated Mouzin is an unknown quantity at this point Mouzin's Avatar

I get 90 40mg Opana ER that I am supposed to take 3 times a day. I also get 180 100mcg Fentora that I am supposed to take 6 a day as needed for pain. They are both great meds. The oxymorphone (opana) is great when snorted. I have been trying to make them last about 3 weeks cause my doctor will let me refill one week early even though they are supposed to last me a month. It actually pisses his nurse off. She will tell me that I am going to have to wait till the scheduled refill and I will talk to the doc and he will write me a new script. HaHa. Stupid bitch.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Welcome to Mom and Halo.

I get 60 mg IV M,but I'm sure I'll be getting a lot more very soon-I'm spoilt.

Always remember guys,you need a good bedside manner with docs.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

My advice when seeing your doc is to act very proactive. Ask for a referral to a Physical therapist. Go to the Physical Therapist, then on your next vist to the doc tell him you would love to be able to do those excersises that the PT recommended , but it hurts too bad to do them. Ask for a script for a Tenz unit, ask for a referral for a Chiropractor. Don't just walk into your doc's office and just complain, tell him you want to make the pain go away and you'll try anything..... AS was said above never ask for a certain pain med. You need to almost begrudgingly take the narcotic script and say "I'll try anything if I can just be comfortable for once." Then when you get a narcotic script wait two months or so and tailor your side affect complaints to the med you want. Go slow, never push and build up a good history. No lost scripts, no stolen scripts, no asking to up the dose and try not to refill early. All that stuff makes it look bad.....

The best thing I did was ask for a Psichiatric evaluation saying the pain was making me depressed. From doing that I got Klonipin, plus got upped in dosage on every pain med.

DM

True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar

Nothing.

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halo in reverse View Post
    My advice when seeing your doc is to act very proactive. Ask for a referral to a Physical therapist. Go to the Physical Therapist, then on your next vist to the doc tell him you would love to be able to do those excersises that the PT recommended , but it hurts too bad to do them. Ask for a script for a Tenz unit, ask for a referral for a Chiropractor. Don't just walk into your doc's office and just complain, tell him you want to make the pain go away and you'll try anything..... AS was said above never ask for a certain pain med. You need to almost begrudgingly take the narcotic script and say "I'll try anything if I can just be comfortable for once." Then when you get a narcotic script wait two months or so and tailor your side affect complaints to the med you want. Go slow, never push and build up a good history. No lost scripts, no stolen scripts, no asking to up the dose and try not to refill early. All that stuff makes it look bad.....

The best thing I did was ask for a Psichiatric evaluation saying the pain was making me depressed. From doing that I got Klonipin, plus got upped in dosage on every pain med.
    Good advice.

Oh and Alow,Nothing-YET.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast