Advertise on Opiophile

View Poll Results: Having listened to the program would you... Iboga?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 55.26%
  • No

15 19.74%
  • Under different (safer) Circumstances

19 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Hand Ibogaine Experience

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

First Hand Ibogaine Experience

For anyone interested in Ibogaine this is defenaitely for you. It comes from a radio program that I listen to regularly called "This American Life". In this episode, Sink or Swim, we hear stories of people who are in over their heads and trying to stay afloat.

In this act you will get to hear from a man, Dimitri, who is "praticing" this medicine at the local Holiday Inn and get to bear witness to a man in the middle of his trip through an Ibogaine dose. I found this very interesting. I've read a lot of what those here at Ophile have read and heard much of the same but to actually hear it like this was a real treat. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Enjoy!

http://www.thislife.org/pages/descriptions/06/321.html

----Click on the blue speaker icon to download the streaming audio----
    (Fast forward to 5:50 for this act of the show)

I added the poll after posting this because I realized that for me it's a very difficult question to answer. I think if it were studied enough and developed to the point were it was relatively safe (what relative means I dont know since i dont truly know how dangerous it is) then yes I would. But I don't think I would look at it like a rest of my life type of thing. What it would be great for is getting clean quiclkly with the least amount of damage done and with the least amount of pain involved. I love opiates to much to even desire to do something that would make me NOT desire them. Let's say that Iboga made you unable to get high the rest of your life from an opiate. My answer would quickly be No I would never take such a drug. So once again even if this drug was marketed I don;t think I would be using it the way the doctors intended. I'd like to get some more discussion on this question and also on the audio you have heard or are going to hear. It's probably the most unknown subject to all of us here and anyone who says they know it that well is going to be a freak occurrance or a liar. One thing I found interesting was the mention towards the end of a licensed doctor in Cancun. I was not aware of the fact that they were actually licensed down there perform such a treatment. What that license actually take to get is one question but either way....Its some interesting shit for us to talk about as opposed to the normal BS (which I love) and OC, Heroin question and stories.

GOD DAMNIT!!! I just now realized that there is an Ibogaine forum.....can we please have this moved. Im sorry.

Please fo yourself and everyone here a favor and don't be the guy who is too cool for school....Just wanted to get that out there ahead of time.
    Last edited by Opiyum; 02-22-2007 at 02:46 AM.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Default Re: First Hand Ibogaine Experience!!

Right guys, I know Dimitri personally.I like the guy and he's sincere in his desire to help other addicts.

I can't vouch for ibogaine,but I'm thinking of trying it in NY in April-so I'll report back.

freedomroot.com is Dimitri's groups website for anyone interested.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar

It;s funny that you post this, I wish thinking of it the other day and wondering "what the fuck is it", I know far to little (w/o a google) about it to even start to understand how or what I'd do w/ it.

So is it just a rapid clean type deal?

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

"They" say it removes much wd for hardcore addicts and more importantly removes cravings and depression for up to 5 years-when you need more ibogaine.

Before you ALL get down on ibogaine please remember it seems to be my last chance-I know,I'm doomed .
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Holy jumping jesus dolls, one dose works for 5 yrs? Wow, I'd have to say then I would need more long term info, something that will work/last that long......wow is all I can say.

And Nick, you've always got rugby.....
    I know it isn't the same as a nice buzz, or even a good day for that matter.
    Have you thought of returning to the church?
    *ducks as a computer monitor comes flying a crossed the ocean*

- Emo Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by alowishus View Post
    Holy jumping jesus dolls, one dose works for 5 yrs? Wow, I'd have to say then I would need more long term info, something that will work/last that long......wow is all I can say.

And Nick, you've always got rugby.....
    I know it isn't the same as a nice buzz, or even a good day for that matter.
    Have you thought of returning to the church?
    *ducks as a computer monitor comes flying a crossed the ocean*
    No laugthing at the back,but I have thought about playing rugby again.For fun,my chances of being paid went with my right knee-no one pays cripples.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    No laugthing at the back,but I have thought about playing rugby again.For fun,my chances of being paid went with my right knee-no one pays cripples.
    Hey here in the states the NFL players that can't or don't get picked up again go up to Canada and play in the CFL, can you go up to Scotland and play for their pro teams?

- Emo Phillips

Ha Ha beautiful-I see you know your Scottish rugby.I really think Opio could put a team together to beat the Scots.We just have to lace our half time drinks with junk.

I vote Heidi for full back-I bets she's got one hell of a tackle on her.

Heidi if you play NO GUNS-on the pitch anyway.
    Last edited by nick; 02-22-2007 at 02:01 PM.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Departed Opiophile southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle's Avatar

I don't think our sister Heidi goes *anywhere* without her guns....
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I don't think our sister Heidi goes *anywhere* without her guns....
    Maybe she could hide one down her sock-it could come in useful.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

AWOL

I saw a documentary on google video, based somewhere in the Uk, from a 20 year Heroin user turned methadone user who underwent the ibogaine treatment. Watching what he went though, ... man ... it must work good cause it was beyond words to watch that. Freaked me out pretty good thinking of some of my psychedelic ventures I'd taken before, but much worse. Much much much worse. If I can find the link I'll post it here, someone else had posted the video here before too.

Found it: One Life - Detox or Die

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ibogaine&hl=en

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

Correction....Fast forward to 26:50 in the show to here this segment.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d v 1 3 1 3 View Post
    I saw a documentary on google video, based somewhere in the Uk, from a 20 year Heroin user turned methadone user who underwent the ibogaine treatment. Watching what he went though, ... man ... it must work good cause it was beyond words to watch that. Freaked me out pretty good thinking of some of my psychedelic ventures I'd taken before, but much worse. Much much much worse. If I can find the link I'll post it here, someone else had posted the video here before too.

Wow, that was very interesting. I've had some pretty bad trips in my time, the first time I took acid was also the first time I ate pot cake (thinking it would be just like smoking), and I ate heaps. Seriously, I think I suffered more in that experience than that guy in his ibogaine detox. Never know until you try!

Next time get your own thread punk kid. Get off my Lawn!

Serious gayness.
    Last edited by Opiyum; 02-22-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

My question now after, watching a bunch of videos and doing NO research, is what about a peep that is clean taking it and what is it's state in the US and why?

- Emo Phillips

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opiyum View Post

Serious gayness.
    dude, I listened to the interview first & voted in the poll but u gotta admit dv's vid was a nice addition to the thread.

yeah and i was making a joke seedy.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Quote Originally Posted by alowishus View Post
    My question now after, watching a bunch of videos and doing NO research, is what about a peep that is clean taking it and what is it's state in the US and why?
    Well its a schedule 1 in the states because its a hallucinagen and in the someone's mind it as no medical use. I guess they are thinking that the risk of death isn't something that they want attached to a product they sell. Though there are plenty of pharmies out there that are deadly. It's probably more profitable to maintain people rather than cure them.
    It's really just a matter of that right people not have proper motivation I guess. In the sixties or seventies when this shit first made its first appearance (recorded one at least) it is and was seen as a Hallucinagen and with all that happened with Leary already I don't they would even think twice about looking further into iboga. It's amazing really. Leary rehabilitates criminals and this drug cures addicts but its all swept under the rug. I don't know if that question can ever be satisfied.
    As far as someone being clean that is kinda (from what I heard in the show) how the "doctor" wants his patients to be. At least they are supposed to be 24 hours clean or more.
    Benzo's in preticular can increase the chance of a seizure when used along with Iboga.
    So I am going to say that for someone who is truly clean to decide to use Iboga would be fine. It's just a great risk to take for a trip when you could go get some paper or whatever else instead.

An entire history of Ibogaine in the US and Europe can be found here.

Intersting stuff.

ITs so funny. See i found this site after making this post and added it after and now i find this on the site. "the pharmaceutical industry also generally viewed addiction as an economically unattractive area for medication development..." This was in response to Lotsof's non-profit that tried to develop iboga.

The more I read this stuff the more interested I am getting in this stuff. It's probably not a good thing.
    Last edited by Opiyum; 02-23-2007 at 01:08 AM.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

I don't think Dimitri plays docs.What he does play at is dope dealing-not H anymore,but ibogaine.
    Mind you if ibogaine was legal-guy's like Dimitri wouldn't be detoxing folks in hotel rooms.

People take ibogaine for all sorts of reasons apart from as a junk detox.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

I'm not sure what you mean. I....yeah...come again?
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

I'm just saying,Dimitri thinks of himself more as a holy pusher than a doc.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Departed Opiophile southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle is a name known to all southernbelle's Avatar

Nick, do you think it could be used for hydrocodone detox? Sorry if this has been answered in the videos, but I can't get them to play.
    Last edited by southernbelle; 02-23-2007 at 05:39 AM. Reason: I can't spell
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Nick, do you think it could be used for hydrocodone detox? Sorry if this has been answered in the videos, but I can't get them to play.
    Hell sis,people use it to stop smoking!! However I see it as a last resort for the truly desperate-like me.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Hell sis,people use it to stop smoking!! However I see it as a last resort for the truly desperate-like me.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

yeah and i was making a joke seedy.
    ahh, a joke. them things what make you laugh.

jacky

I think small doses of ibogaine will potentiate opiates,
    if I lived in canada, I would have experimented with that by now, as ibogaine and the raw root are not controlled up there.
    yet.
    it might have an effect of lowering the tolerance of opiates perhaps?

I know some people have died using right before taking the LARGE doses of ibogaine that are used for withdrawl abatement.

I am talking about low stimulant doses of iboga rootbark, or maybe some extract product.

longlasting after effects of ibogaine metabolites, if that "theory" still stands, possibly might even make opiate regimines more euphoric/ or manageable for weeks or months after taking large addiction theraputic amounts of ibogaine.

Yeah,Dimitri uses "the red" which I believe is iboga bark.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

AWOL

Serious gayness.
    I would have expected this from a poo joke. :confused:

It really is an amazing little plant, the one thing I'm a little freaked on is the fact you need to learn how to walk again. And you can just "forget" to breath....
    Damage to the part of your brain that holds the walking, breathing, balance, all that long term memory - don't need to think about it, just do it - stuff.
    I don't want that part of my brain fucked w/ already have a hard enough time walking a straight line.

But I think as a last choice it's great. And of course they don't want to work on it, a drug that you take once and it lasts for yrs, no money in that, they want you on at least 6 different ones, once a day.

- Emo Phillips

I would have expected this from a poo joke. :confused:
    You mean delivered as a poo joke? or derived from?

What the?

ehh...
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast