Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: loperamide

Opiophorum Member SirDonkeyPunch is an unknown quantity at this point SirDonkeyPunch's Avatar

Default Re: Immodium

i found a chemical supply company that sells quinidine hydrochloride and quinidine sulfate, they go for about 30-50$ / 10grams. Considering that experiment above called for 600mg quinidine along with 16 of immodium, thats like 20 doses give/take. they also sell amounts of quinine, if anyone needs some assistance lemme know.
    I opened-up a yogurt, underneath the lid it said, "Please try again." because they were having a contest that I was unaware of, I thought maybe I opened the yogurt wrong. ...Or maybe Yoplait was trying to inspire me... "Come on Mitchell, don't give up!" An inspirational message from your friends at Yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top. - Mitch Hedberg

Opiophorum Member SirDonkeyPunch is an unknown quantity at this point SirDonkeyPunch's Avatar

Default Re: Immodium

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

this makes for some good reading as well, lets find some polysorbate 80

PURPOSE: The possibility of using polysorbate 80-coated nanoparticles for the delivery of the water insoluble opioid agonist loperamide across the blood-brain barrier was investigated. The analgesic effect after i.v. injection of the preparations was used to indicate drug transport through this barrier. METHODS: Loperamide was incorporated into PBCA nanoparticles. Drug-containing nanoparticles were coated with polysorbate 80 and injected intravenously into mice. Analgesia was then measured by the tail-flick test. RESULTS: Intravenous injection of the particulate formulation resulted in a long and significant analgesic effect. A polysorbate 80 loperamide solution induced a much less pronounced and very short analgesia. Uncoated nanoparticles loaded with loperamide were unable to produce analgesia. CONCLUSIONS: Polysorbate 80-coated PBCA nanoparticles loaded with loperamide enabled the transport of loperamide to the brain.

this could be another avenue of interest to those of you doing experimentation

by the way, ive found a source for pure loperamide hcl and quinidine/quinine
    I opened-up a yogurt, underneath the lid it said, "Please try again." because they were having a contest that I was unaware of, I thought maybe I opened the yogurt wrong. ...Or maybe Yoplait was trying to inspire me... "Come on Mitchell, don't give up!" An inspirational message from your friends at Yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top. - Mitch Hedberg

Opiophorum Member Powdered Love is an unknown quantity at this point Powdered Love's Avatar

Re: Immodium

Okay, time to take this loperamide debate in a new direction. I was browsing wikipedia the other day looking at chemical sweeteners and their effects on the body when i stumbled across this little gem:

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    Mannitol or hexan-1,2,3,4,5,6-hexol (C6H8(OH)6) is an osmotic diuretic agent and a weak renal vasodilator. It is a sorbitol isomer.
    [edit]

Chemical properties

Chemically, mannitol is an alcohol and a sugar, or a polyol; it is similar to xylitol or sorbitol. However, mannitol has a tendency to lose a hydrogen ion in aqueous solutions, which causes the solution to become acidic. For this reason, it is not uncommon to add a substance to adjust its pH, such as sodium bicarbonate.
    [edit]
    Mannitol can also be used to open the blood-brain barrier by temporarily shrinking the tightly coupled endothelial cells that make up the barrier. This makes mannitol indispensable for delivering various drugs directly to the brain (e.g. in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease).

Mannitol is also used as a sweetener for people with diabetes. Since mannitol has a negative heat of solution, it is used as a sweetener in "breath-freshening" candies, the cooling effect adding to the fresh feel. In doses larger than 20g, mannitol acts as a laxative, and is sometimes sold as a laxative for children.

It is sometimes used as an adulterant for heroin, methamphetamines or other illicit drugs.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Hmmm.... this got me thinking. Maybe we have been looking in the wrong direction this whole time. I'm sure, because of it being a sweetener, Mannitol is readily available. But even if it is readily available, would it work with loperamide? It's pretty obvious that much more research is needed. If Mannitol were shown to get loperamide across the BBB, I would be the first one buying crates of Immodium, because you can be sure it would not be OTC for long. Anyway... I think someone with more knowledge about Mannitol and how it works on the BBB should look into this because it may just be the key to the OTC high we've all been searching for.

Never Looked Back WarmCyanide has disabled reputation WarmCyanide's Avatar

Default Re: Imodium

My only experience working with Mannitol is for the reduction of acute rise intraocular pressure (pressure within the eye), Intracranial pressure and swelling of the trachea. I spilled some on the floor a couple of years ago. It's only about two bucks for 100mL from medical suppliers. The parts that I didnt clean up crystallized almost immediately. Don't even think about using that stuff IV unless it is warmed up thoroughly, feed through a micron filter, cotton or whatever.. you get the idea. I believe it's main mode of action is changing the osmotic gradient of tissues and body fluids. Same reason why it's used as a laxative i'll bet. As for Loperamide, the mechanism of action that i'm aware of it decreases gastric motility or movement, allow the colon to absorb more water from your shit. (is this why opiates can cause constipation???) viola! diarrhea worries magically whisked away. Maybe just stick to banana peels, wing of bat, or eye of newt?

New Opiophile storm is an unknown quantity at this point

Default hydroxychloroquine

Just a quick update. My wife takes hydroxychloroquine, which is a derivitive of quinine. I tried 600 mgs with 40 mgs of loperamide and nothing. I guess you have to have quinidine for it to work.

Opiophile insanesteveo will become famous soon enough insanesteveo will become famous soon enough insanesteveo will become famous soon enough insanesteveo will become famous soon enough insanesteveo will become famous soon enough insanesteveo's Avatar
    right outside the gates of la-la land(if im not there, try iowa or nebraska)

Default Re: Possible Way For Loperamide To Cross BBB

so zoop, what happened with your reaction? did you try out the products?

also, whats the deal with snorting loperamide tabs? anyone have good evidence that works? im staring at 12 - 2mg tabs now. ive never snorted anything, but if it works in the least, ill try it.

Opiophorum Member Liptonbuddy will become famous soon enough Liptonbuddy will become famous soon enough Liptonbuddy will become famous soon enough Liptonbuddy will become famous soon enough Liptonbuddy's Avatar

Default Loperamide (immodium AD) and drug tests.

I was just wondering if Loperamide actually would make you fail a drug test for opiates? I know eating poppy seeds in excess could cause you to fail, and was just wondering if high doses of Loperamide can do the same? I've read that Loperamide is technically an opiate, so this kind of intrigues me. Thanks a bunch!

Health Professional candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy's Avatar

Default Re: Loperamide (immodium AD) and drug tests.

To be honest, I really don't know. I am going to say NO, but I could be wrong.

Is this question just purely out of curiosity or are worried about passing a drug test?
    I would imagine that someone here must know the answer to that. Keep checking back here to see if someone knows the answer to your question.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

Opiophorum Member Liptonbuddy will become famous soon enough Liptonbuddy will become famous soon enough Liptonbuddy will become famous soon enough Liptonbuddy will become famous soon enough Liptonbuddy's Avatar

The reason I ask is because my work is just starting a drug screening program where they need 2 people a month to take a test. Now, I'll be fine as long as I don't get it this month. I'm currently in the process of weening myself off the drugs that have hindered my life daily for 7 months now. I'm down to 1 vicodin every 6-8 hours or so, but that's still enough to fail a drug test. I was just wondering if I could actually pass it off as just being on a high dosage of Loperamide, since I do have chronic diahrrea when not taking opiates. Serves me right for being dumb enough to drink heavily creamed coffee all day when I'm lactose intolerant. heh It would just be easier to do that, then do the whole "have a clean friend piss in something, then tape it between your leg and balls" trick all of my friends seem to do. I just don't want to get fired since I really love this job, and it would be a shame to get fired for not even being high anymore. Not to mention the fact they do nothing about the 2 staff members who come in drunk almost every day they work. Then again, alcohol is legal, so it must be alright.

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

That's a real good question. I would think that you would hear of that happening to people. i never have but it could be a possibilty. Maybe you wont fail when you take a standard dose like normal people but a higher dose may show up.
    Hope someone can answer this. It would be good to know.

Good job Lbuddy
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

zombiewoof23

It would be worth using a home test kit to find out, instead of having to explain it to your employers. And then also report back. That is an interesting question.

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

Granted Im not the best when it comes to finding info on the net but from what i can tell noone knows the answer to this question. Ophile.org may be the first to find the answer if you do the experiament. you just gotta manke sure that you have no other opiates in your system. Which i guess is pretty obvious. Anyway I hope that someone can try this.
    I guess I could when I go back on my suboxone later in the week.
    I know the subs wont show in the test but they may interact with the Loperimide so i dont know how conclusive it would be if i tried it while on Subs.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

While at the pharmasist today picking up my Subs and newly prescribed Temazepam Iasked if this was possible. The pharmasist said that it was very possible.
    I didnt realize till afterwards that I was wearing my Opiophile.org T-shirt. I felt proud and a little stupid upon realizing this.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Never Looked Back Hammilton is fresh on the scene. Hammilton is fresh on the scene. Hammilton's Avatar

Depends what the test is for exactly. Most employers just do a dip test with the 5 tests in the standard NIDA battery. If thats what they do you'll be fine even with hydro since the only opiate on that test is morphine. Loperamide is chemically a lot different than morphine so it won't show on that test. I don't know of any that it might. Its my understanding that loperamide is in the piperine-opiate family like meperidine and its cogeners. So maybe for those. i dunno

Never Looked Back WarmCyanide has disabled reputation WarmCyanide's Avatar

Positive test for anti-diarrheal medication :uhhohh:RPh is hitting the smackk??
    ======================================
    David: Is this a game or is it real?

Joshua: what is the difference?

More to the point,why does she want to kill your uncle and his children? - NICK

Departed Opiophile chemboy7 has disabled reputation chemboy7's Avatar

What kind of drug test are you talking about? 5 panel? If they do a 5 panel and you show up dirty most places will send your sample to the lab and have it GC/MS'ed which would tell them the specific substance that caused the possitive result... this way they cover all their bases. If they don't send it into the lab all you have to do is complain, people that don't do drugs and test possitive are known to get defensive and aggrivated, and offer to pay for the labwork to prove your clean. If Loperamide was the only Opaite that you have in your system it should be straight.

--The Sock Puppet Pervert--

High-Functioning Drug Addict Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops is one bad motherfucker Zoops's Avatar

Default Re: Possible Way For Loperamide To Cross BBB

I prolly should wrap this one up. I took the little blue-green ball of putty I recovered from the mixture of loperamide tablets, acetic anhydride and pyridine, mixed it with boiling water, and steep it for about 10 minutes. Then I mixed it with some chai tea hot beverage mix (left over from my 10 month long kratom binge last year. If you wanna make kratom taste good, use Harris Teeter brand chai tea powder). drank it. Had a slight medicinal taste, still smelled slightly of pyrdine. My work-up is not very sophisticated to say the least. More like cave man technology.

I had only gone about 12 hours without bupe. Just can't bring myself to actually go off it for two or three days. Man, I'd be sick! But I guess I'd know I could get well really quick if the acetylated loperamide stuff didn't do anything. But, as I said, I took it. This was about a month ago - I think I pm'd someone about it, but never posted anything? Or did I?

Well, no effects that I could tell, but that definitely doesn't mean it ain't active. My feeling is that if it is, it's not a super-potent one on the level of fentanyl or anything, maybe more like demerol - were you'd need at least 100mg, preferably more to get off. I had only 20mg of this stuff, assuming 100% conversion (and recovery). I prolly ended up with taking 10mg in that mug, after it's all said and done, and on top of bupe about 12 hours earlier, I didn't feel anything. This is definitely not over. I think the real deal is to get some pure loperamide powder and then do the reaction.

If anyone's got the $, you can buy lopermide from this place called 'team life sciences' or something, they're on the web, just yahoo or google it. They only take money orders through the mail, you have to send 'em a blank money order and then trust them to send you your chems. I wasn't really too eager to take that riske, although I did correspond with the dude who works there by e-mail. He was interested in my job that I did for a living, so we talked back and forth about it for a while. I think they're reputable, but not sure.

"sciencelab.com" supposedly sell 5grams of loperamide for like 75 bucks, but it's always on "backorder" tried to order that from them last year. They don't give you any trouble, they just can't get the stuff.

oh well, I will keep my eyes and ears open. Get to work you freaks, grow a pair and buy some friggin acetic anhydride from sciencelab.com - they're the only outfit I know of that'll sell it with no questions asked. It's cheap too. No dea guys are going to come to your house for a 120ml bottle of acetic anhdyride. just say it's for an experiment making esters for high school. DEA has bigger fish to fry than some dude with a four ounce bottle of acetic anhydride.

"I have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

- Mark Twain

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

- Yogi Berra

Si non pro pharmacae, me infelix fore.

Opiophorum Member warmgun is an unknown quantity at this point

Default loperamid : the denied opioid

hi,
    as a means for curbing symptoms i took to loperamide.
    100mg not only took complete care of any symptoms whatsoever and i had undeniable
    slight opioid-like effects.

now i don't take any conventional opioids anymore but just lp.
    i what to stop completely rather soon though it seems easier than
    usual i still cling to the slight positive effects is occasionally get with lp.

i should have known of its powers sooner than i'd never had to suffer w/d.

what are ur exp with lp?

Never Looked Back SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69's Avatar

Default Re: loperamid : the denied opioid

Warmgun- do you think lp's effects would only be noticable to someone with a low tolerance? Do you think that the higher dosage necessary for a higher-tolerance user would have any toxic or negative side effects?

I'm very interested, it would be really nice to be able to just go to the CVS and get something w/no script to cure w/d's!

well i haven't heard of such a thing.
    to be honest: what interests me even more is what a person with no/very little tolerance would feel.

and if one gets too constipitated there's always a huge amount of VitC which will turn you into a fluid man very fast

i have no idea how safe such an attempt would be.
    though beside this constipiation issue which should be treatable suffieciently armed, i am not aware of other dangers beside the usual things to be considered with any opioid.

Jester Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity's Avatar

Loperamide shouldn't produce any euphoric effects. It can't cross the blood-brain barrier and only effects mu-receptors in the colonic tract.

If you felt something from it, either your brain is in your ass or it was placebo effect. But hey, if it gets you high, it gets you high. Some one chop me up a line of Pepto.

^^^^yeah thats definately what I thought. I used it once or twice and it was only to mute the effects of WD's. It worked rather well and I was suprised.Haven't been in a position to need it for awhile now but to here that someone is using it recreationally and it's doing something for them is great. Way to buck the system man.
    I just wish I had a tolerance that would allow that.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Might have confused getting well,with "getting well".Whatever as long as you felt good.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Opiophile vaxn8 is an unknown quantity at this point vaxn8's Avatar

Re: loperamid : the denied opioid

It doesn't cross the bbb in amounts significant enough to get an effect. Now that's true for the recommended human dose range. It is an extremely tiny amount that is able to make it across. When you get up to 25 times the recommended dose, I have no idea how much would cross, and I doubt anyone has even looked at dosages like that to find out.

Seriously, taking it in amounts like that, especially more than once is asking for an impaction! You will cause some serious colon problems and will most likely end up having someone dig in your ass to straighten it all out.

The only way to get central effects with loperamide is to work with the bbb permeability raising compounds. And I am in NO way recommending that or suggesting it is a good idea. I actually think it is a horrible idea, you do not want random things crossing into your brain- well I don't want random things in my brain.

If you're getting some kind of placebo or location reaction I really think it is a dangerous way to do it. Obviously its up to you, just be careful. Fecal impaction is supposed to be quite painful and it is not a pleasant experience to have it taken care of (at least it doesn't sound fun in my opinion!) of course YMMV.
    :git:"PROLLY" is NOT a word!

Jester Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity is a jewel in the rough Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaxn8 View Post
    It doesn't cross the bbb in amounts significant enough to get an effect. Now that's true for the recommended human dose range. It is an extremely tiny amount that is able to make it across. When you get up to 25 times the recommended dose, I have no idea how much would cross, and I doubt anyone has even looked at dosages like that to find out.

Seriously, taking it in amounts like that, especially more than once is asking for an impaction! You will cause some serious colon problems and will most likely end up having someone dig in your ass to straighten it all out.

The only way to get central effects with loperamide is to work with the bbb permeability raising compounds. And I am in NO way recommending that or suggesting it is a good idea. I actually think it is a horrible idea, you do not want random things crossing into your brain- well I don't want random things in my brain.

If you're getting some kind of placebo or location reaction I really think it is a dangerous way to do it. Obviously its up to you, just be careful. Fecal impaction is supposed to be quite painful and it is not a pleasant experience to have it taken care of (at least it doesn't sound fun in my opinion!) of course YMMV.

My thoughts exactly.
    I had a fecal impaction after my accident. Nothing like being doubly anally fisted while a third hand pulls rock hard shit from your ass.

Long story short, just use fucking heroin.

Opiophile Sitar is an unknown quantity at this point Sitar's Avatar

Re: loperamid : the denied opioid

Why would Loperamide be any more constipating than any other opiate? I mean, you're either constipated or you're not. And actually Loperamide is one of the many natural alkaloids present in opium.

In any case, it would probably be a good idea to use a stool softener and/or laxatives with the Loperamide.

I have heard from several different sources that high doses of Loperamide does work to help combat opiate withdrawal. It surely wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

And actually Loperamide is one of the many natural alkaloids present in opium.
    is that true?
    i always thought of it as being a 100% synthetic.

Never Looked Back ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller's Avatar

I can't post a source to back this up, but I remember reading a while back that when Loperamide was being developed (at first, it was thought that it would be another powerful analgesic opioid), one in a hundred people tested reported significant opioid effects.

Maybe you're the one in a hundred lucky ones, warmgun. Wouldn't it be nice to walk into Walgreens and get high as fuck for $2.99....

ZK

OpioNoMo flipside is an unknown quantity at this point flipside's Avatar

I think your thinking of Lomotil ZK, I believe if memory serves ( and that's iffy) it's an RX of atropine w/ codiene, OTC loperamide has no opiates in it, although there have been studies that at extremely high doses delerium has been reported

OpioNoMo Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction Narkotikon needs no introduction

Quote Originally Posted by tm420tm View Post
    Warmgun- do you think lp's effects would only be noticable to someone with a low tolerance? Do you think that the higher dosage necessary for a higher-tolerance user would have any toxic or negative side effects?

I'm very interested, it would be really nice to be able to just go to the CVS and get something w/no script to cure w/d's!

I've taken loperamide several times, and I can't say that it really does much for me. I mean, I think the highest does was 40 milligrams or something like that. I can't imagine taking 100. I just don't see it helping much because it doesn't cross the BBB. It does help with GI problems, but that's about it. I think it must be a placebo effect if it helps with anything else. If you were really desperate and had GI problems, I'd just go to the doctor and get a script for Lomotil. At least that will provide some relief for other things. But it has atropine in it, so it's probably not a good idea to take too much. Yeah, I wish we lived in the days when you could order heroin through the Sears catalog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast