Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what happens if you're 'allergic' to tylenol?

Occasionally Opiated opm is an unknown quantity at this point

Default what happens if you're 'allergic' to tylenol?

if i were to go to the doctor/dentist for pain or whatever and tell them that i am allergic to tylenol when they ask, even tho i am not. what will happen? some friends are telling me then they will give you the 'good shit,' and this is how you do it. tho i find this hard to believe, since vicodin and percs both have apap in them and that is typically what one would get for minor or pain in my experience.

i imagine the alternative would be codeine as far as narcotics go, or they'd probably just give you ibuprofin, or some crap. does anyone have any insight into this theory of working a doctor for stronger medication, or any at all?

also, what are symptoms of tylenol 'allergies?' that sound plausable with a person that has tylenol based meds prescribed in the past, and do doctors lookup/see this information?

Never Looked Back Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy's Avatar

Default Re: what happens if you're 'allergic' to tylenol?

First, they will label you a bull-shitting drug seeker. . .

Departed Opiophile chemboy7 has disabled reputation chemboy7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical_Boy View Post
    A good possibility, docs and dentist know junkies hate APAP in their dope. It's not like saying that is going to get you OCs or Morphine or something, your going to the dentist man; be happy with your vics. Maybe he would write a schedual III narcotic script w/o APAP, most likely he'd give you Ibuprofin or something.

--The Sock Puppet Pervert--

AWOL

You'll get tramadol.

Never Looked Back youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred has much to be proud of youwonhundred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical_Boy View Post
    Thats the fuckin truth.

Departed Opiophile chemboy7 has disabled reputation chemboy7's Avatar

Not to meantion the fact that something as common as APAP would most likely already be marked as an allergy in his medical records, right?

--The Sock Puppet Pervert--

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by opm View Post
    if i were to go to the doctor/dentist for pain or whatever and tell them that i am allergic to tylenol when they ask, even tho i am not. what will happen? some friends are telling me then they will give you the 'good shit,' and this is how you do it. tho i find this hard to believe, since vicodin and percs both have apap in them and that is typically what one would get for minor or pain in my experience.

i imagine the alternative would be codeine as far as narcotics go, or they'd probably just give you ibuprofin, or some crap. does anyone have any insight into this theory of working a doctor for stronger medication, or any at all?

also, what are symptoms of tylenol 'allergies?' that sound plausable with a person that has tylenol based meds prescribed in the past, and do doctors lookup/see this information?
    You could try screaming "give me some decent dope you *******" It helps if you're pointing a gun at them.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Information Warrior HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness's Avatar

vicuprofen. its hydro with ibuprofen instead of APAP.
    fuck happy.

Opiophorum Member Flagg is an unknown quantity at this point Flagg's Avatar

Dentists can't prescribe more than the SIII pain meds IIRC, or if they have to, they'll refer you to an oral surgeon. Only crooked docs will prescribe you SII's just because you ask about not having APAP.

As mentioned above, you'll get hydrocodone without APAP but with Aspirin (which is probably even more dangerous at similar doses), or Tramadol, or maybe Darvon if you don't also convince him that you're just a junkie.

Anyway, just cold-wash the goddam APAP and enjoy.
    FLAGG'S CARDINAL RULE FOR ALL USERS: BUMP EVERYTHING you fucking DO!

Any statement made in my posts regarding depiction of illegal activity is fictional. Only a fool would take what I write in my posts as truth.

But if somebody left you out on a ledge
    If somebody pushed you over the edge
    If somebody loved you and left you for dead
    You gotta hold on to your pride
    And break through these times of
    Trouble

-

I know you're praying, but sometimes the rules get hard

Opiophorum Member Flagg is an unknown quantity at this point Flagg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chemboy7 View Post
    Not to meantion the fact that something as common as APAP would most likely already be marked as an allergy in his medical records, right?
    You don't have to give your dentist or doctor your medical records unless they request it before writing a prescription to establish prior diagnosed conditions (e.g. online docs) or if they work in the same place as a previous doc's visit (like a college student health clinic).
    FLAGG'S CARDINAL RULE FOR ALL USERS: BUMP EVERYTHING you fucking DO!

Any statement made in my posts regarding depiction of illegal activity is fictional. Only a fool would take what I write in my posts as truth.

But if somebody left you out on a ledge
    If somebody pushed you over the edge
    If somebody loved you and left you for dead
    You gotta hold on to your pride
    And break through these times of
    Trouble

-

I know you're praying, but sometimes the rules get hard

Never Looked Back Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy's Avatar

Seriously though, you had better have real documentation (like if an incident) in your medical file if you claim to be allergic to apap, especially if you say this to a regular doctor. They here stuff like that all the time from amateur pill-scammers who think that they are the first ones to think of that. Plus, at the dentist, you will just end up getting yourself some 800mg ibuprofen or at best some Darvon or Tramadol like everyone said.
    However, I imagine the symptoms from an allergy to tylenol would be the same as any other allergy- anything from hives to trouble breathing, etc, etc. . .

Occasionally Opiated blueflutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point

don't say tylenol, say asprin. (i think a tylenol allergy is quite rare...where as asprin, especially if you've asthma and allergies is heard of)

the first experience i had with this allergy being a problem was at the dentist. he told me to go home and take asprin or advil every 4 hours for the pain - i told him i couldn't, was allergic. this was a big problem. (according to him) dentists use/recommend asprin type drugs because of the way they work. they take care of the pain by calming and soothing the nerve(s) being affected...where as tylenol works more in the way of opies by blocking the pain signal in the brain. because of this i got a script for 50 perks...and 50 perks, before becoming addicted, makes for one good time

Opiophile satori is fresh on the scene. satori is fresh on the scene.

I am usual honest. I say "can i have percocet please" or "10 / 325". I know what im talking about and they know i know what im talking about. Now i have kind of run out of times i can say that..... i think 20 is the limit.
    We're on the side of the demons
    We're evil men in the gardens of paradise
    Sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction
    wherever we go.

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

they'd probably give you vicoprofen or percodan instead.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Never Looked Back insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike has a spectacular aura about insaneike's Avatar

Why are all u saying he might get Darvos or Percs if hes allergic to tylenol(acetaminophen)? Those both contain tylenol!!! Lol

Who knows what you'll get dude, there is simply NO WAY to tell! Cause I've seen ppl get Demerol tablets and some get Ibuprofen at most! See how much it varies? Oh, I'm talking about oral surgeons btw. I got like 37 Percocet 7.5/325s when I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled about 3yrs ago like soon as I graduated HS. I met one dude who get freaking demerol!! Lucky POS, was like 50mg tabs or something?
    and this one dude got Fentanyl patches CAUSE when getting the script the dudes dad said "I've got some left over Fentnayl patches, could he use those for pain?" and the doc said 'sure' lol

Later

Occasionally Opiated blueflutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^vicoprofen, percodan, tramadol...none of the above mention'd drugs have acet... in them. you can usually tell which ones do by the name ending...percocet, ultracet/tramacet, etc...

Never Looked Back Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio's Avatar

I know an intermediate EMT who truly is allergic to: apap, aspirin and ibuprofen...her doc gives her darvon to take for everyday probs like headaches, stuff we all take those other OTC meds for....
    don't know what she gets for surgery or something that goes beyond the darvon pain coverage....
    many people who are allergic to aspirin will also be warned about apap...and may also have a pseudo or true allergy to it as well...
    Curio/comaTOES

I wasn't sleeping ! I was IN A COMA!

Quote Originally Posted by insaneike View Post
    Why are all u saying he might get Darvos or Percs if hes allergic to tylenol(acetaminophen)? Those both contain tylenol!!! Lol

Who knows what you'll get dude, there is simply NO WAY to tell! Cause I've seen ppl get Demerol tablets and some get Ibuprofen at most! See how much it varies? Oh, I'm talking about oral surgeons btw. I got like 37 Percocet 7.5/325s when I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled about 3yrs ago like soon as I graduated HS. I met one dude who get freaking demerol!! Lucky POS, was like 50mg tabs or something?
    and this one dude got Fentanyl patches CAUSE when getting the script the dudes dad said "I've got some left over Fentnayl patches, could he use those for pain?" and the doc said 'sure' lol
    Percs definitely have tylenol, but darvon, as opposed to darvacet, is just propoxyphene and some fillers. Kind of like Tramadol as opposed to Unltracet.

Don't get me wrong though, Darvons and tramadol is garbage. There is only one place those two medicines belong :uhhohh:.

Percs are ok though. Still, if you are "allergic to tylenol" you will probably wind up with some ibuprofin or toradol tablets at best.

Opiophorum Member covv799ss will become famous soon enough covv799ss will become famous soon enough covv799ss will become famous soon enough covv799ss will become famous soon enough covv799ss will become famous soon enough covv799ss's Avatar

If you're young they'll probably find it suspicious.

I would imagine they wouldn't give you anything radically different. Instead of vics you'd get vicuprofen, instead of percocet you'd get percodan.

If you told them the large amounts of APAP were giving you a bad reaction (far more common than being allergic to it) and you were worried about your health, you could ask them to give you something with less tylenol and it wouldn't look as suspicious. I (legitimately) had this problem last year and got 10/325's in place of 5/500's. The APAP was getting me so sick, but I needed the hydro for pain relief.

Never Looked Back Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio is fresh on the scene. Curio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by covv799ss View Post
    If you're young they'll probably find it suspicious.

I would imagine they wouldn't give you anything radically different. Instead of vics you'd get vicuprofen, instead of percocet you'd get percodan.

If you told them the large amounts of APAP were giving you a bad reaction (far more common than being allergic to it) and you were worried about your health, you could ask them to give you something with less tylenol and it wouldn't look as suspicious. I (legitimately) had this problem last year and got 10/325's in place of 5/500's. The APAP was getting me so sick, but I needed the hydro for pain relief.
    ditto here on the doc agreeing to less apap relief....instead of two tabs I took one and got less apap at the same time I was getting my two doses of the prior narcotic mg. med formation
    Curio/comaTOES

I wasn't sleeping ! I was IN A COMA!

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

darvon doesn't have tylenol in it darvocet does, that's another thing they might give.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

OpioNoMo moviebuff927 is an unknown quantity at this point moviebuff927's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    I am usual honest. I say "can i have percocet please" or "10 / 325". I know what im talking about and they know i know what im talking about. Now i have kind of run out of times i can say that..... i think 20 is the limit.
    That's interesting...that's the same thing I did and they did the same thing...gave me less tylenol which is better than more tylenol...that probably is your best bet. The same thing cov799ss said (btw, what the hell does cov799ss mean?)

- m o v i e b u f f

Never Looked Back Hammilton is fresh on the scene. Hammilton is fresh on the scene. Hammilton's Avatar

I have a lot of problems with ibuprofen. Last summer I had some major oral pain from root canal infection. I told them I was on methadone but still I was given vicoprofen. Next time I went in I asked for something without Ibuprofen, as the shit really messes with my stomach. Told them I'd prefer tylenol in my meds.

I dunno why, but I can't tolerate hardly any Ibuprofen or Aspirin anymore. I never used to hav problems, but one time I took Ibuprofen and two hours later I vomited and there was a little blood in it. It must not have bled much 'cuz I've never had it happen again. I assume I don't have much stomach lining anymore.

I have poor liver function, but small amounts of acetaminophen are said to be generally "okay" for me.

I would be pretty hesitant to say "i'm allergic"- it''s far more likely for someone to have liver problems or I dunno. If you do, it's probably a good idea to write those sorts of things on your intake information
    your mileage may vary.

+ Reply to Thread