Unable to urinate; very worried; please help

Advertise on Opiophile
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unable to urinate; very worried; please help

Occasionally Opiated SobrietyBinge is an unknown quantity at this point SobrietyBinge's Avatar

Default Unable to urinate; very worried; please help

yesterday swim took, over the course of the day, 8 pods from a vender with the initials ccp. couldn't pee a few hours ago, went to sleep, went back still can't pee. very uncomfortable. wiith very much pressure, barely able to get a trickle. bloated. this has never happened before, swim has never done pods before. could this be a bowel obstruction? difficult bowels too. so worried, please help. could this be pod mold?

took half the pods after cooked in water, other half dry in pills with plenty of water. any info, please help. should swim go to the emergency room or is this likely to pass? urgent discomfort.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Default Re: Unable to urinate; very worried; please help

first BE CALM.If you're in pain get to an er pronto.This could be an unrelated kidney problem or related to the pods.Either way if you haven't urinated after 36 hours get to an er anyway.Good luck.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Occasionally Opiated SobrietyBinge is an unknown quantity at this point SobrietyBinge's Avatar

Took a shower, managed to pee a decent but fairly small amount. feeling a lot better. before when swim put pressure just below and to the right of naval there was some pain. now there is not. must have been bladder. swim will wait this out for a little while to see if this will pass with time. swim knows opiates make the bowels sluggish; is the same true with urinary tract?

forgot to mention in addition to this, swim also drank poppy seed tea that had been sitting around in container in room for one day. drank half, made from about one pound of seeds before swim found shipment on porch.

Never Looked Back devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice devilsdrug is just really nice

the teas always make me pee a lot

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mryuck View Post
    swim knows opiates make the bowels sluggish; is the same true with urinary tract?
    I believe so. Heroin and Morphine makes SWIM have similar problems and uses the same shower trick as you did.

the problem is definitely not solved yet so if anyone else can weigh in...

other info: having a great deal of difficulty focusing eyes while reading. reads fine with one eye closed. have a mild headache, particularly when trying to go to the bathroom

Never Looked Back kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss's Avatar

coffee makes me
    piss a lot
    might be worth
    a try
    Higher than
    the 4th of July

Whatever ya do
    don't tell anyone

Quote Originally Posted by kyuss View Post
    coffee makes me
    piss a lot
    might be worth
    a try

I'm worried that if I take anything that makes me have to go the pain is just going to be worse and I won't be able to go still. what's the name of that drug that they give during an OD? Maybe if the doc gave me something that would stop the effects of the pods I'd be able to go again. just took another shower with no luck this time. it seems like if I can't go at all, there's no way for this stuff to exit my body but it must break down into other stuff eventually right? still can't focus my eyes well.

Never Looked Back kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss is a glorious beacon of light kyuss's Avatar

I'm worried that if I take anything that makes me have to go the pain is just going to be worse and I won't be able to go still. what's the name of that drug that they give during an OD? Maybe if the doc gave me something that would stop the effects of the pods I'd be able to go again. just took another shower with no luck this time. it seems like if I can't go at all, there's no way for this stuff to exit my body but it must break down into other stuff eventually right? still can't focus my eyes well.

narcan?
    If I were you
    I'd go see the doc.

They sell otc pills
    to make you pee
    maybe you could
    try them first
    Higher than
    the 4th of July

Whatever ya do
    don't tell anyone

Never Looked Back SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69's Avatar

if you took 4 pods worth in pills, you'd have all that dry material in your stomach sucking up all the moisture. So, anything you drank would just go to moisten those dry pods and not make you piss. Opiates slow down your whole metabolism, pee included. I've had a hard time pissing before, too. But I think you compounded it by putting all that dry material in your stomach.

So, I'm sure if you drink a lot of water you'll piss, but you're probably psyching yourself out of it now, making it worse by thinking about it too much.

OpioNoMo flipside is an unknown quantity at this point flipside's Avatar

the problem is definitely not solved yet so if anyone else can weigh in...

other info: having a great deal of difficulty focusing eyes while reading. reads fine with one eye closed. have a mild headache, particularly when trying to go to the bathroom
    Sounds like the same side effects I get from tea very often

Narcotics ( in any form) can indeed cause difficulty urinating. Making it hard to get going, keep going.
    Some people are not bothered by this at all. But it is a fairly common side effect.
    If you are not having any pain ( back, flank, abdomninal //othere than uncomfortable from your bladder beig full), burning, fever or any other sypmtoms it's most likely tea related, ,, and will eventually wear off and you wil pee fine.

If you think if might be a UTI or something else go in and see the doc. You haven't had any problems like this before and your not old enough to worry about your prostate right?
    If if you have not peed in more than 24 hours go in for sure.

For God's sake do not get Narcan to reverse the tea efects. That is only nec. in an OD situation. Keep up with the hot showers, or even better warm bath, try to relax and eventually you should be able to go. Try not to concentrate on it further causing yourself to tense even more. And of course don't forget the usual tricks like running water etc. And do keep your fluid intake up..water, cranberry juice or gatorade to help flush your system. Even if it's a UTI water can only help.
    Good luck and let us know how you make out.

OpioNoMo greenfox is an unknown quantity at this point

I called the family doc.. he said that if you piss, even a little, you're ok./ pissing blood on the other hand., no no no.. eh...

drink coffee... don't take anything more stimulating that caffine tho..

OpioNoMo OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice OxyContinuously is just really nice

You should be ok. Opes do that to me sometimes too. It should pass. But if you dont go for a day or so, then try to get to a doc, just cause it's not healthy not to pee.

OxyC

Occasionally Opiated mxinfect is an unknown quantity at this point mxinfect's Avatar

go to doc/er tell him you can't pee to save your life and they'll stick a cather tupe in your penis to automatically drain the pee out, the process is painful to so they'll give you some painkillers. if the problem is chronic they'll defnitley prescribe im pretty sure they'll give you at least vicodin for it.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mxinfect View Post
    go to doc/er tell him you can't pee to save your life and they'll stick a cather tupe in your penis to automatically drain the pee out, the process is painful to so they'll give you some painkillers. if the problem is chronic they'll defnitley prescribe im pretty sure they'll give you at least vicodin for it.
    Ah a possible silver lining to the cloud hanging over your bladder.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Never Looked Back Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine is one bad motherfucker Papa Verine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mxinfect View Post
    On second thought...

AWOL

There's nothing wrong, that's normal man. I remember reading someones story here on the board that they got injured went to the ER got some D's or something and couldn't piss and they thought their bladder was going to explode. It's happened to me before, both from DXM and pods but if you take some caffiene pills (don't drink coffee, more fluid) both ends of your digestion are gonna be flowing better than you'd want. You may puke too from the caffiene, but atleast you'll be peeing. It's normal if your tollerance to opiates is low, there's nothing wrong. And yeah, if you're in pain you can get a catheter.

Opiophorum Member sk8opium is an unknown quantity at this point

This has been mentioned but I wanted to let you know that one of the side effects of Avinza (tr morphine sulfate) and many other opiates is actually urin retention.

My trick is actually to sit down to piss and hold my hand under the bathtub faucet. It takes me a few minutes but usually works.

When you sit down there is less stress on your body, so you can relax easier. Give it a try if you havent already. I usually have to do it every night that I'm heavily medicated.

Peace.
    Last edited by sk8opium; 12-20-2006 at 11:10 AM. Reason: mistake
    Today is harvest day for the carrots...today...is the holocaust.

Health Professional candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy's Avatar

yesterday swim took, over the course of the day, 8 pods from a vender with the initials ccp. couldn't pee a few hours ago, went to sleep, went back still can't pee. very uncomfortable. wiith very much pressure, barely able to get a trickle. bloated. this has never happened before, swim has never done pods before. could this be a bowel obstruction? difficult bowels too. so worried, please help. could this be pod mold?

took half the pods after cooked in water, other half dry in pills with plenty of water. any info, please help. should swim go to the emergency room or is this likely to pass? urgent discomfort.
    If you cannot urinate than you should consult medical attention. This is a common side-effect from opiates, but this cannot continue for long.
    Be careful about overloading on too much water. If your not urinating at all at this time, cut down on the fluids.

Opiates cause many changes and one is an increase in the tone of the vestical sphincter and this leads to urinary retention.

If you have not gone since your first post, try sitting on the toilet and running water, but don't overload on water or fluids and contact a doc or go to the ER if you cannot go!

AWOL

Do let us know what ended up happening. I'm guessing that by now you went to the ER and got probed, or you were so happy about finaly being able to take a piss that you did some more opiates and can't piss again.

Never Looked Back slugbone will become famous soon enough slugbone will become famous soon enough slugbone will become famous soon enough slugbone will become famous soon enough slugbone will become famous soon enough slugbone's Avatar

trouble pissing while high still happens to me time to time.

the first time it happened i thought "fuck it i aint gonna pee sitting down" and after a few minutes of concentration due to my semi-nodding state i fell over onto the toilet tank. i fucked up my wrist but i didn't feel it till much later.

the moral of the story is, pissing while high make sure to think safety first, wear proper gear and DONT FUCKING FALL OVER THE CRAPPER!!!

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by slugbone View Post
    trouble pissing while high still happens to me time to time.

the first time it happened i thought "fuck it i aint gonna pee sitting down" and after a few minutes of concentration due to my semi-nodding state i fell over onto the toilet tank. i fucked up my wrist but i didn't feel it till much later.

the moral of the story is, pissing while high make sure to think safety first, wear proper gear and DONT FUCKING FALL OVER THE CRAPPER!!!
    You said it. Best to just turn the water on, get in the shower and let everything out a-la alowishus style.

robojunkie

Used to have trouble pissing on opes when I had low tolerance but could always eventually get it out. But when I robotripped a lot there was two or three (I can't remember) times where I tried for hours and it eventually got so fucking painful I had to go to the ER to get cathetered, which really sucks (getting a tube shoved up your limp dick)! One time the doc said he never saw so much urine come out at one time (something like nearly two liters, they had to change bags). That sucked.

Jr. Opiophile euphoria2002 is an unknown quantity at this point euphoria2002's Avatar

Well, you were able to pee a little bit in the shower.... so it looks like there's a trend towards improvement in your condition.

I get the same thing every single time with the "Tea"..... what tea was it? Not too sure, hmmmmm.
    Anyways, you also mentioned that this was a first time for you as well so you mught be experiencing the anti-pee effect really strongly.

This stuff affects different people differently. Some here have said it makes them pee a lot. For me, it get's really hard to take a decent whiz a cuple of hours later. This condition lasts even well into the next day.

SWIM used tea on a weekly basis for a couple of months and this problem lessend a little bit, but it never really went away. SWIM does not get this problem from any other opiates, eg, codiene, demerol, morphine or oxycontin.

My guess would be it's a stimulant effect from the thebaine. Your batch may have been high in thebaine. It's acting on your urinary sphincter (always wanted to use that word in a legit conversation )...... causing it to be constricted. Enough pressure from your urine can overcome the constriction, allowing a bit to come out. As the thebaine in your systems clears out, the effects decrease.

All of this, of course, is being written from the perspective of my idiot friend Henry who is always fucking things up:

"All right, I'm back. I was away from the house today so I couldn't get back to this thread. I did end up going to the er, totally wish I hadn't because who knows how much it's going to cost. I got a sonogram and they said that there was still retention and that I should really get a catheter put in. I was not psyched about this, particularly because they said that I would have to come back to have the catheter taken out. goddamn I wasn't going to walk around with that thing in all day. I said that I wanted to wait a little while and see if it would eventually work itself out. Just as I was about to give in to the penis probe fate after sitting around there for about three hours, I took one last college try and Kabooya I had the biggest pee of my life, happy to leave but pretty bummed out about the bill that would eventually be coming for me."

"Here's the big mistake I made--I told them why I couldn't take a piss. I knew what it was and I thought maybe by telling them would allow them to come up with a better solution. It didn't seem to provide them with any useful information, except for something to write down on the reason for my visit. So now whatever forms they filled out say that I was there for "opiate intoxication." I told them I didn't want to pay with insurance, because I didn't really want it to get to my insurance company, also, I'm on a family medical plan and I really didn't want it to show up on a form other people would see. I wonder how much this is going to cost out of pocket once I get the bill?"

Henry is pretty niave. One of these days he's going to get some sense. Would it be a bad idea for Henry to submit this visit to the ER for an insurance claim? Would "opiate intoxication" come back as the reason for the visit when the insurance bill comes back to the primary insurance carrier on this family medical plan? Because that would suck. It would be hard enough explaining how this visit to the ER didn't get mentioned on the day that it happened. Henry is probably just going to pay it himself.

Junky tonyk has a spectacular aura about tonyk has a spectacular aura about tonyk has a spectacular aura about tonyk has a spectacular aura about tonyk has a spectacular aura about tonyk has a spectacular aura about

ooooooooo, bad idea to tell them that. Now they put it in your chart. It probably will be on the ins. claim, if not initially, it will be there if someone looks into the claim. Don't ever go back to that ED expecting to cop some pain meds as you are probably "red flagged" to be a poss. drug seeker. Be careful. Glad you got to pee, tho. That's the most important thing. There are always other hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    ooooooooo, bad idea to tell them that. Now they put it in your chart. It probably will be on the ins. claim, if not initially, it will be there if someone looks into the claim. Don't ever go back to that ED expecting to cop some pain meds as you are probably "red flagged" to be a poss. drug seeker. Be careful. Glad you got to pee, tho. That's the most important thing. There are always other hospitals.

so this would probably be a reason not to make an insurance claim? if swim did make a claim the insurance company would see this, but would the bill that is sent home having "opiate intoxication" listed on it? swim won't be returning to this hospital in the foreseeable future.

OpioNoMo flipside is an unknown quantity at this point flipside's Avatar

I don't thin your diagnosis is on your copy of the bill. uslally just eh ER visit, charges and supplies.

You could always call your insurance company and aks them if the reason for your ER visit would show up on your bill ( of course without telling them the reason) just tell them you could not pee and thought you had an STD or something and you would not want your family/SO seeing it that's why you are askiing. Good luck.

Glad u got to pee.

AWOL

(answer to posted file): No I can't, I'm suffering opiate intoxication. ... Glad you got yer buisness taken care of man.
    Attached Images

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast