Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sniffing Heroin: Toll on the nose?

Occasionally Opiated YetAnotherDirtyJunky will become famous soon enough YetAnotherDirtyJunky will become famous soon enough YetAnotherDirtyJunky will become famous soon enough

Default Sniffing Heroin: Toll on the nose?

Hello,

i mostly sniff the smack i use. I've always considered it a kinda safe way to use but as of lately i'm worrying what the consequences of longterm use might be.

Funny enough, i don't think to ever have 'researched' that, so what do you n
    know about H and it's toll on the nose ?! I also don't know of any 'horror'/war-stories
    related to H-induced nose-damage, only when lots of coke was involved. But does that mean its safe doing it long-term???

Stay safe

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Default Re: Sniffing Heroin: Toll on the nose?

Depends on what your dope is cut with really.Although,i think it's safe to say that,sticking a bunch of powder up your nose probably isn't great for your septum.How bad depends on exactly what you're sticking up your nose.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Occasionally Opiated YetAnotherDirtyJunky will become famous soon enough YetAnotherDirtyJunky will become famous soon enough YetAnotherDirtyJunky will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Depends on what your dope is cut with really.Although,i think it's safe to say that,sticking a bunch of powder up your nose probably isn't great for your septum.How bad depends on exactly what you're sticking up your nose.
    Yeah, i mean nose, septum whatever part is involved (even the lung).
    I'm getting the usual streetndope we have in Germany, doesnt feel bad, like a burning sensation or so, on the nose but only contains 5-10%. To support my habit i'd need 2.5g per day (or more) - which is an awesome amount of powder, yuck. Ive heard the cut is mostly paracetamol, mannitol, caffeine - but thats hearsay.

Mentioning the lung, iVe heard of one person who seemed to have gotten severe lung problems due to sniffing H 'for only 3years. daily'. However, i'm pretty sure other stuff must be involved here, like talcum-containing tablets or sth like that.

Stay safe,

Yadj

SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero's Avatar

I have never had any lung problems (knock on wood) but sniffing US east coast powder for 15 or 20 years definitely fucks with your nose, I have some cartilage damage, somewhat prone to sinus infections, that kind of thing. Not a huge deal but for sure it is side effects of snorting drugs. The worst dope for your nose here is the DC/Baltimore scramble cut with quinine, 5 years of that did more damage than 12-15 years of NYC powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I have never had any lung problems (knock on wood) but sniffing US east coast powder for 15 or 20 years definitely fucks with your nose, I have some cartilage damage, somewhat prone to sinus infections, that kind of thing. Not a huge deal but for sure it is side effects of snorting drugs. The worst dope for your nose here is the DC/Baltimore scramble cut with quinine, 5 years of that did more damage than 12-15 years of NYC powder.
    Did you feel that the quinine did you bad when sniffing ?
    Or did you discover that later on? After what time?

Occasionally Opiated LolRJ will become famous soon enough LolRJ will become famous soon enough LolRJ will become famous soon enough LolRJ will become famous soon enough

I only sniffed ECP, and it was for about 2 years. Never really noticed any problems, especially compared to the damage other drugs caused me such as sniffing roxys, ocs, and coke or Molly. Molly def. being the harshest on the nose. I'd say dope is pretty easy going on the nasal passages, but then again perhaps the shit I always got was cut with something not that bad, who knows.

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) More Feen's Avatar
    Don't Stare at Flashing Brain (may cause seizures)

Like others have said above:

Some of the finer particles are going to find their way past the mucous membranes and get lodged in the lung-->

If that happens to be heroin, it will likely be absorbed; if its talc, its probably gonna stay there, and your body will react to it.

Sniffing cocaine causes problems because it is a vaso-constrictor, and if done frequently enough, it will kill more & more areas of your sinus/septum, due to decreased blood flow.

I don't know of any such problems with heroin, but, one usually doesn't snort pure heroin, but stuff that has been cut with *god knows what!

I guess other considerations are things like pH: ECP should be fairly neutral (again, what was it cut with?). I've heard of some ppl making BTH a liquid, then snortling that. Never touched BTH, but it is usually very acidic (right?) that can cause direct tissue damage to one's sinuses.

If one were snorting BTH liquid, it would be a great idea to buffer the pH a bit (if its really acidic). A pinch or two of bicarb would be helpful. I'd mix in the bicarb, taste it, if it was still hella-tart, add more bicarb until it was reasonably buffered.

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

Junky SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded's Avatar

When I first started doing dope (Chicago, dorm cut), before I started IV'ing, I was primarily sniffing. My use progressed from 2 or 3 bags a day, to as much as 12-18 bags a day, all up the nose.

Also done plenty of coke, but not nearly as much as I have of diesel.

Absolutely no problems with my nose what-so-ever, even at the time. Not a single nose bleed that I can recall.

Plenty of violent sneeze-attacks though.

Seems clean ECP isn't too too bad on the shnoz.
    Only users lose drugs.

SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Count Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherDirtyJunky View Post
    Did you feel that the quinine did you bad when sniffing ?
    Or did you discover that later on? After what time?
    No I didn't feel it at the time, only a year or so later when I noticed hey I have a hole inside of my nose. Nasal is a lousy ROA for quinine dope, it makes it sort of damp and clumpy and hard to snort and the shit collects in your nose (hence the issues^), it was made to be Ived, I never heard of many people muscling it either, the one guy I knew who did had abcesses all over his legs.
    edit: unlike other EC powder it absolutely cannot be smoked either

Opiophorum Member Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus is a glorious beacon of light Daughter of Dionysus's Avatar

I used to sniff a lot of china white when I lived in New Orleans
    And pills
    Still sniff pills one in a great while
    Mostly if I'm really sick
    B/c being dope sick makes veins almost impossible to find
    Esp mine
    So I will sniff a few pills or a bag just to get off sick
    Then I can do a fat shot
    But after all these years I can really only use one nostril

Wouldn't be a better idea to cook the dope like you're gonna shoot it
    Draw the filtered liquid up & snort that?

I do this sometimes
    Yo
    I'm a lazy arse
    Scruffy head outta bed stumblin'
    Grumblin' where's my coffee?
    Illegal cigarette smokin'
    Mix it up with the best dope
    Then get my head open
    Then I get the freak mode munchies
    I'm so famous the police don't bust me
    That's right it's all about me
    Yolandi Vi$$er

FOK JULLE NIAAERS

Health Professional SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue's Avatar

I'm no expert on heroin but I can tell you that if you're snorting powder some of it WILL get into your lungs, especially if it's large amounts of powder. The only way to avoid this is to use the bendy straw technique where you blow the powder into your nose rather than snort it.

Like Morfy said, cocaine presents a different problem due to its vasoconstrictive properties and from what you've said, I assume this isn't your DOC. When my PM nurse practitioner switched me to hydromorphone, I started out snorting them bc HM has such a shitty oral bioavailability. Within 2-3 months I developed a horrible cough. At first I didn't realize it was the pills so it just continued to get worse.

By the time I finally figured it out and decided to quit snorting them, I was not able to sleep unless I propped myself up with pillows. I had also started wheezing and I have never had asthma in my life!! I had to use an albuterol inhaler at least once a day, sometimes twice. About 4-6 months AFTER I quit snorting my pills, I ended up getting pneumonia - another first for me. Thankfully my pills don't contain talc but I have no way to know if the damage I did is permanent or not. Unfortunately I also smoke so that didn't help matters at ALL.

Now I plug my pills; I will NEVER snort them ever again!!! So unless you have a burning desire to possibly end up with asthma or COPD, I would advise against snorting ANYTHING on a regular basis unless it's a REALLY small amount. DoD's suggestion is a good one; if it's a small enough amount of liquid, I would go with that. Or just plug it.

To give you some kind of a point of reference, one dose for me was three 4 mg pills. They are pretty small but when you crush them up, I'd guess it's about 1 to 1.5 tsp of powder. Doesn't sound like a lot, but believe me, when you're putting it up your nose it IS a lot!!

Just my .02.

SE Asian number four, the only heroin I've ever done, fucks my nose up. When I go for a few day run, I'm left with lots if boogers, and scabs on the inside of my nose. It's been the same way over the fifteen years I've used. Sucks. The other odd effect I get is that my balls develop a weird slime. That eventually dries up and can be pulled off like a layer of dried skin. Weird shit.

Opiophorum Member Sedated will become famous soon enough Sedated will become famous soon enough Sedated will become famous soon enough Sedated will become famous soon enough Sedated will become famous soon enough Sedated's Avatar

I have been sniffing 10+ bags a day for over 6 months and I have no problems. Sometimes in the morning my nose is really stuffed up but I just use some water to clear it up. Honestly tho I think nose problems are nothing compared to son of the possible side effects of IV use
    "The men and women wander the streets and alleys with a threatening, violent want. Takers looking to take, hustlers looking to hustle--all trying to satisfy a craving that is perpetually unsatisfiable. And tonight, I am one of them."

-Nic Sheff, author of Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines

Junky SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded is just really nice SpadedJaded&Faded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by everythingmustcease View Post
    The other odd effect I get is that my balls develop a weird slime. That eventually dries up and can be pulled off like a layer of dried skin. Weird shit.
    What- the fuck?
    Only users lose drugs.

Yeah man, its weird. But has been consistent over my usage, which has always been chipping, over the last decade and a half. I hope this wasn't TMI. Maybe someone out the has a similar experience. If not, then I'll be the laughing stock of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by everythingmustcease View Post
    Yeah man, its weird. But has been consistent over my usage, which has always been chipping, over the last decade and a half. I hope this wasn't TMI. Maybe someone out the has a similar experience. If not, then I'll be the laughing stock of this thread.
    Dude when I first read that, it didn't even really "click" at first. I thought to myself, no. No, he couldn't have said that. Yea, he did. Oh he mist have been joking. No, no he wasn't joking. Dead serious.

What-the fuck!? Lmao
    Only users lose drugs.

OpioNoMo Blacky Sheepster is a jewel in the rough Blacky Sheepster is a jewel in the rough Blacky Sheepster is a jewel in the rough Blacky Sheepster is a jewel in the rough Blacky Sheepster is a jewel in the rough Blacky Sheepster is a jewel in the rough Blacky Sheepster is a jewel in the rough

I think dissolving in water and using a needleless syringe to squirt it in your nose helps. One, for some reason, it makes shit that burns burn a lot less. Two you're not snorting real hard and potentially getting things in your lungs... you're just dripping the water down your nasal passages. This, I'm guessing, should eliminate anything getting in your lungs. I use this method with tar and I find it the most effective way. Less of a drip and more absorption doing it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlue View Post
    Like Morfy said, cocaine presents a different problem due to its vasoconstrictive properties and from what you've said, I assume this isn't your DOC. When my PM nurse practitioner switched me to hydromorphone, I started out snorting them bc HM has such a shitty oral bioavailability. Within 2-3 months I developed a horrible cough. At first I didn't realize it was the pills so it just continued to get worse.

By the time I finally figured it out and decided to quit snorting them, I was not able to sleep unless I propped myself up with pillows. I had also started wheezing and I have never had asthma in my life!! I had to use an albuterol inhaler at least once a day, sometimes twice. About 4-6 months AFTER I quit snorting my pills, I ended up getting pneumonia - another first for me. Thankfully my pills don't contain talc but I have no way to know if the damage I did is permanent or not. Unfortunately I also smoke so that didn't help matters at ALL.

Now I plug my pills; I will NEVER snort them ever again!!! So unless you have a burning desire to possibly end up with asthma or COPD, I would advise against snorting ANYTHING on a regular basis unless it's a REALLY small amount. DoD's suggestion is a good one; if it's a small enough amount of liquid, I would go with that. Or just plug it.

To give you some kind of a point of reference, one dose for me was three 4 mg pills. They are pretty small but when you crush them up, I'd guess it's about 1 to 1.5 tsp of powder. Doesn't sound like a lot, but believe me, when you're putting it up your nose it IS a lot!!

Just my .02.
    1 tsp seems a lot to me, especially for a single dose. But getting these issues after some months only sounds harsh: even pneumonia, man that sounds really nasty. But i dont think i'll eber come across a significant amont of hydrmorphone, never heard of it on the streets. I somehow envy the US or alltheir fancy stuff, on the other hamd they seem to have caused an epedemic from what i read here (like 'normal', well-off people suddenly starting to use H because they cannot afford their pills anymore or have been cut off by their doc).

Morfy's explanatin for cokes were eye-opening ;-). I knew it causes damage, but didnt know exactly why (I just assumed coke itself was harsh and then considering the cocainists lifestyle i dint wonder). Lukily i'm not very fond of coke. I do my 1/2g or more ebery other week, but doesnt exceed like 2g a month, so i'm not worrying about that.

--- auto merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by SpadedJaded&Faded View Post
    Dude when I first read that, it didn't even really "click" at first. I thought to myself, no. No, he couldn't have said that. Yea, he did. Oh he mist have been joking. No, no he wasn't joking. Dead serious.

What-the fuck!? Lmao
    Haha, i actually thought the same. Howver it's probably not so funny to actually experience it.

--- auto merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky Sheepster View Post
    I think dissolving in water and using a needleless syringe to squirt it in your nose helps. One, for some reason, it makes shit that burns burn a lot less. Two you're not snorting real hard and potentially getting things in your lungs... you're just dripping the water down your nasal passages. This, I'm guessing, should eliminate anything getting in your lungs. I use this method with tar and I find it the most effective way. Less of a drip and more absorption doing it like this.
    I got me an emty bottle used for nose-spray in a pharmacy. Was cheap, too. I just don't use it as often as i could :-(
    Stupid me.

Health Professional SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue has conned a lot of people to get this much rep SapphireBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherDirtyJunky View Post
    1 tsp seems a lot to me, especially for a single dose. But getting these issues after some months only sounds harsh: even pneumonia, man that sounds really nasty. But i dont think i'll eber come across a significant amont of hydrmorphone, never heard of it on the streets. I somehow envy the US or alltheir fancy stuff, on the other hamd they seem to have caused an epedemic from what i read here (like 'normal', well-off people suddenly starting to use H because they cannot afford their pills anymore or have been cut off by their doc).
    It IS a lot; I had to do it a little bit at a time. Hell idk, maybe my estimate is off; I never measured the shit. All I know is that I would have to get some water on my fingers and sniff it up there a couple times as well to be able to get it all up there. And I was dosing twice a day most days.

I'm not sure if the pneumonia was a direct result of it, but I can't help but think it had something to do with it. To be fair, I was pulling a lot of late night homework sessions at that time so I'm sure my immune system took a big hit, but I don't think I'd have ended up with pneumonia had I not already trashed my lungs doing that shit.

Suffice to say, I learned my lesson!

Junky ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh's Avatar

i've been doing this with BTH for several years. i cook it up and then put it in a little eyedropper bottle. i use up the bottle daily so it doesn't sit around.

i have noticed more sinus infections and i know this has something to do with it.

it hasn't bothered my actual nose though - more like my sinuses.

i do wash out my nose several times daily with saline solution. occasionally i will use the neti pot and wash out my sinuses as well. this really helps and i need to do it more often.
    worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want

Occasionally Opiated david.saint will become famous soon enough david.saint will become famous soon enough david.saint will become famous soon enough david.saint will become famous soon enough david.saint's Avatar

2+ years of sniffing NYC powder has left me with a very dry nose. Like it never runs or gets boogers. I've since switched to the needle for the past 2 years and my nose has not recovered at all.

When i twitch my nose with my hand it clicks, like cartilage rubbing together.

wierd.

Jr. Opiophile IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated is a glorious beacon of light IWannaBeSedated's Avatar
    Up to a brownstone, up three flights of stairs.

Has anyones sense of smell been messed up at all? Or can snorting drugs even do that? lol

When I was snorting opanas and roxis, toward the end of it, every time I would snort one my nose would bleed. And it was always inflamed and was stuffy a lot. Sometimes would get scabs and would get painful pimples in my nose. When I went to rehab my nose got a lot better. I would always steam my face and that would unclog my nose, for a few hours lol.

Does snorting subutex have more of a detrimental effect than heroin? Or where is it on the scale of harm?
    Last edited by IWannaBeSedated; 09-05-2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: clarification

opio epione has disabled reputation epione's Avatar

Dope alone can effect your sense of smell IWBS, regardless of ROA I think. don't know if you knew that.

geez 5-10% stuff? that is terrible. keep the tolly down i suppose. damn that is crap.

You talkin about the base form dirty? I didn't see. Almost everyone -99%- around here (rockies) who snorts makes a thick mix with water. Its different stuff than what you get tho. much stronger. It works well, with the acid form, and they have few bad effects from it. Smarter ones change their bottle every couple weeks, and filter it like a shot. Definitely safer than iv that way, and don't know anyone who has ODd from it, yet.

They don't have to carry around works either, easy to toss. sure if you can give up the rush this is a good roa. Also believe water prevents stuff getting in your lungs and tearing up your nose (not a health mod). It doesn't smell either like smoking. When someone was using, wish they'd started with this roa. it is so much safer if you do it right.
    After prep all you do is make the whole a little bigger, and it works great for whats around here.

guys been doing it for decades, and have no bad effects from the roa. they aren't using 5% cut to crap stuff tho. that will likely make a difference. a few snort the powder, but i don't think its good long term. not even for ECP, although many use that roa (not for long usually).
    Stay Safe Everyone

+ Reply to Thread