Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: methadone and iv cocaine

New Opiophile sfsamiam is an unknown quantity at this point

Default methadone and iv cocaine

I am really enjoying it too much.Anyone else have any experience with it?

Never Looked Back 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom is one bad motherfucker 40mgtoFreedom's Avatar

Default Re: methadone and iv cocaine

both together? or done orally then iv coke or wha?

Opiophorum Member Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey is just really nice Güey's Avatar

I've had a little experience. Nothing positive, though. Im not really a stim kinda guy. To each his own, though... Then again, I never got much out of MMT, other than not being sick. Not that that's no small thing...

I take methadone for pain 20mgs 3x daily. Lately I have been iv ing about .2g of cocaine 4or5 Times a night usually waitingabout 30 between each shot...sometimes less. I really like like the feeling I get I guess the nd a keep me from getting overly paranoid but I still get the bells and whistles.and when I'm finished I take 10mgs of methadone and how no problem coming down.Needless to say I know it's super dangerous, but just how bad is it?

It also feels like I can use less powder and still get a good feeling

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

I remember reading some literature that said a lot of folks that get on methadone start using coke when on it, even with little previous history.

I can tell you I love speed balls. Got one left for when i wake up in the morning !!!

Don't like coke and methadone as much, but always took my methadone orally and I'm still not sure it would be the same thing as a traditional speedball.

But I know where your coming from, trust me.

Good luck, Be safe!
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Jr. Opiophile catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth is a glorious beacon of light catmouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeN View Post
    I remember reading some literature that said a lot of folks that get on methadone start using coke when on it, even with little previous history.

I can tell you I love speed balls. Got one left for when i wake up in the morning !!!

Don't like coke and methadone as much, but always took my methadone orally and I'm still not sure it would be the same thing as a traditional speedball.

Good luck, Be safe!
    I admit it, I'm jealous!

If I had the choice I would substitute the methadone out for some heroin, but I have done this a few times (IV coke/Oral done) and would not turn it down if it was being offered...
    My life is..I'm dependent, I can't help it.
    I started at a young age.
    I'm too dependent on it, you know?
    Drugs and music get me where I wanna go now.
    But I gotta make the money for it and it's not that easy nowadays.

-Uncle Howie (R.I.P.)

Never Looked Back PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeN View Post

Good luck, Be safe!
    im not on done but ive noticed my use and cravings for coke have gone up since starting bupe.

probably because I know opiates wont work when im taking subs. might be the same with some on done, though methadone has never blocked other opiates for me, I've heard others say it does
    The above is not reccomended information as it goes against the harm reduction goal of thise site.

Opiophorum Member methadonian will become famous soon enough methadonian will become famous soon enough methadonian will become famous soon enough methadonian will become famous soon enough methadonian's Avatar

Depending on the quality of the heroin I would definitely prefer the heroin but to do that successfully you'd have slow down the methadone almost completely. Methadone does block the euphoria and other side effects but only at higher doses and that varies from person to person. For me anything above 70-80mg and I might as well throw my money in the garbage can because I can't enjoy any other opiate but from a medical view point you don't lose any of the analgesic properties from the additional opiate. In all actuallity most chronic pain patients should be required to use whatever opiod pain medication they are taking in conjunction with methadone as it would probably cut down on the potential for abuse of the additional opiod. Of course you would'nt want to start out a patient with no opiod tolerance on this combination because then we would start having overdoses all over the place. There have been studies that have proven this to be not only a more effective therapy but a safer one as well.My point being that long term MMT clients are statically less likely to abuse any additional opiod they might be prescribed for chronic pain.Most general pratice doctors would disagree with these findings but it makes perfectly good sense to me.......think about it. Still I would'nt turn down a speedball using either.
    Last edited by methadonian; 07-08-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    I wanna die like my grandfather, old and asleep while surrounded by loved one's. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.:speechles

The drunk driver speeds through the stop sign without seeing it.
    The stoned driver stops and patiently waits for it to turn green.

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

yuuuup.

I never was too big into C before methadone, but the boredom and same shit every day make me love the shit, especially shooting it.

I don't have a real problem with it, though. I always take a break after a big bender.

Junky CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater's Avatar

My methadone doctor has one really serious and weird rule.

He REALLY doesn't like cocaine.

Anything else like weed, which he doesn't even test for, benzos (usually 3 strikes without a script), pharmaceutical amphetamines (he'll likely prescribe you some ritalin himself if he catches you dirty with it, since he has a theory that most addicts have ADHD) or almost anything else, you'll get a warning, maybe a few strikes.

But with cocaine, ONE strike, and you're out. No ifs ands or buts. First dirty for cocaine (besides your first UA to prove dirty for opiates) and you're gone without warning. It's written in big, bold letters on the contract he makes you sign when you become accepted into his program.

I guess, like someone else here said, when the opiate avenues start closing down, a new freeway opens up to Coke town. Seems like a natural transition. You can't get high on the opiates anymore, but you find the coke still works GREAT, so you do more of that. And usually start drinking with it. The you've got a whole new can of worms opened and a brand new temptation to start "battling."

How do you battle coke temptation? Why, you IV .2 of it, of course!

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

CCW, that is so fucking stupid for him to be so hard up about coke, especially compared to his benzo policy. just fuckin pure individual bias.

if anything, methadone helps when on C, helps keep my heart rate at least reasonable.

edit: oh, and a .2 shot is what made me OD on C. fucking horrible OD.

Junky ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh is a name known to all ratgirldjh's Avatar

i did coke a lot IV and crack too (smoked and IV) when i was on high doses of methadone (80 - 120).

the methadone seemed to make the come down easier. when i got off methadone i didn't have the urge to do it again and haven't for years thank goodness

however back then it was the only thing i could feel through all that methadone.

almost everyone on my clinic did it as well but you would lose your take homes if you came up positive for it so usually i used clean pee if i had done it recently.

i had a friend who i used to do this with and she was on a taper and got off methadone. one day she did her usual crack hit and fell out and turned blue. i wasn't there but her husband called EMS and they took her to the hospital. she was in a coma for 2 weeks! she recovered but later theorized that she had overdosed since she didn't think to lower her hit size from what she had been doing on methadone.

be careful.
    worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want

Jr. Opiophile abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham's Avatar

when I was on done that's all I did was shoot coke because heroin didn't do shit for me except sometimes we would mix in a little h with huge coke shots so it didn't get us to geeked out
    I WAS BLIND ALL THE TIME I WAS LEARNING TO SEE!!
    EVERY SILVER LINING HAS A TOUCH OF GREY

your nizzle dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle is cooler than ice dizzle's Avatar

IV cocaine= yuk!!!!!

for me it's 10 seconds of "OMG. Am I gonna die?" and then 2 hours of "the cops are DEFINITELY outside, and they're just waiting for more people to arrive till they break down my door.............sssssshhhhhhh!!!! they'll hear you talking! wait there's no one else in here and I'm thinking, not talking, wait, I'll do another shot"

Cycle repeats, till I do a shot of D big enough to put down an elephant, then I finally pass out.
    "he scores......... he shoots!!!!"
    - Kirkinov

Junky CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater is a name known to all CanadianColdWater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    CCW, that is so fucking stupid for him to be so hard up about coke, especially compared to his benzo policy. just fuckin pure individual bias.

if anything, methadone helps when on C, helps keep my heart rate at least reasonable.

edit: oh, and a .2 shot is what made me OD on C. fucking horrible OD.
    You said it, just pure individual, preconceived BIAS. I mean, I guess his rationale is that he is holding the benzo leash, and 99% of the time if you're on his methadone program (he does subs too) AND receiving a legit benzo script, it's HIS script that he wrote for you, and not from some other doctor. Canadian law states that you can't see more than one psychiatrist at a time anyways, so it would have to be from a GP. Like I said, it's usually him writing the scripts (and for piddly amounts of kpin ONLY, I get 14 tabs a week... pffft)

But when it comes to cocaine, he figures, it's one of those connections to the "street drug life" and one he's quick to want to sever. He wants you, like most methadone clinics in the states, to be playing by HIS rules in HIS ball game. Really stupid, but I can follow his flawed logic to see at least where he's coming from, but it doesn't make it correct or even tolerable to some patients. I mean, there are TONS of patients out there with a poly drug addiction, who are (psychologically at least) JUST as addicted to the coke as the opiates, and the fact that they use them together is just happenstance.

This is why I so admire and look up to doctors like Dr. Gabor Mate, who, in Vancouver's East Side (one of the largest open air drug markets in the world, and by far the largest in Canada), is accomplishing some VERY big and new things. Very new and exciting but controversial treatments including prescribing methylphenidate to stimulant addicts (mainly coke and meth users) as a "stimulant maintenance" of sorts.

He's also working on Heroin Assisted Treatment and slow release oral Morphine treatment as viable maintenance options for those who have trouble with methadone. He's actually been experimenting with using a low background dose of methadone (say 20 to 40mg) along with 3 shots of injectable diamorphine ampoules a day, to be dispensed and used at Insite, Vancouver's safe injection room. VERY cool stuff. I'm anxious to see some studies done on the quality of life of these people who were doing bad on heroin, fell to pieces on methadone, and now have this heroin+methadone treatment as sort of the "last option" for really "hopeless" users.

I also hear he wants to introduce methadone ampoules for injection like they (used to) have in the UK, for folks who are unable to give up the needle but still want to continue their methadone treatments. They can use these amps at Insite.

Sounds like my kind of doctor, that's for sure.

Damn, that coke OD sounds nasty. I have never properly "ODed" on anything, really. Never to the point of falling out or completely losing consciousness. Maybe a couple times with alcohol and benzos, but nothing I didn't recover from.

But there have been a few times, particularly with stimulants, that I have taken so much that I genuinely feared for my life. Laying down in bed, hand resting over my chest, feeling my heart pound through my breast plate. Watching as my shirt flutters and my eyesight bounces with the POUNDING of my heart. Panicking and swearing to whatever god or dog there may be, that if you can just live through this, you will never do coke or ritalin or dex EVER AGAIN!

...Then, in an hour or so, when you figure you're going live, you cut out another line or prep another shot.
    Last edited by CanadianColdWater; 07-08-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Junky Bubbz is just really nice Bubbz is just really nice Bubbz is just really nice Bubbz is just really nice Bubbz is just really nice Bubbz is just really nice Bubbz is just really nice Bubbz is just really nice Bubbz's Avatar

once i got on the done i stopped buying h or fent unless it was a large enuff amount to make it worth it (doesnt really seem like there is one lol) and just shot coke everyday and used benzo's for comedown.

so as others said my iv coke use went up dramaticly once got on the done....ugh but i miss a traditional speedball so bad.

yeah, CCW, the endless nights of sitting up feeling my chest for my absurdly beating heart, not falling asleep if at all until 4-5AM when I had to get up at 6... ughh. This was back before I knew how well opiates and benzos and booze counteracted coke comedowns. But this was back like 10 years ago before I really knew which way was up with re to drugs.
    Last edited by duck; 07-08-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    yeah, CCW, the endless nights of sitting up feeling my chest for my absurdly beating heart, not falling asleep if at all until 4-5AM when I had to get up at 6. This was back before I knew how well opiates and benzos and booze counteracted coke comedowns. But this was back like 10 years ago before I really knew which way was up with re to drugs.
    Man, there's really no worse feeling of terror than that "uh oh" as soon as you realize you did too much. I mean, I can do a wee bit too much opiate and kinda hyperventilate my way through it. But with too much stim, it's like, you feel your entire jaw go numb (and not from coke or amphets, but raw fear) and it spreads down through your stomach and you feel those belly butterflies, heart aflutter, and then I get this crotch-tightening tension in my nether regions, just pure fuckin' FEAR man! Mad shit.

Makes you feel so stupid each time it happens. It's like "Okay, I just spent an hour talking myself down from the last dose, now instead of doing one pill I had to do 2 and make my heart race... and now I'll likely waste THIS high talking myself down from the panic again."

It's the vicious cycle of panic and tachycardia.

1. You worry you may have done a wee bit too much in that shot, or that line was a TEENY bit too big.
    2. You feel your heart rate increase, which is normal with stimulants, but you feel that it shouldn't be increasing THIS much.
    3. You panic about your heart beating too fast, which, in turn, makes your heart beat faster.
    4. You feel you heart rate get ever FASTER, you might even feel dizzy at this point and have to sit or lie down.
    5. You continue to obsess about your heart rate, which makes you panic, which makes your heart continue to beat too fast.

and on and on into the night.

Like you mentioned earlier in the poker thread: a fool's errand.

In-fucking-deed, my friend.

+ Reply to Thread