Advertise on Opiophile
Closed Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

  1. #1
    OpioNoMo moviebuff927 is an unknown quantity at this point moviebuff927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Land of Nod
    Posts
    807

    Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    I originally posted this a few months ago but the next day the site got hacked and my post was never seen again. I wanted to share a method of preparing MS Contins for IV use that will allow you to get most of the morphine out of the pills without using chemicals and having a chemists degree.

    First off, if you've never IV'ed, I'm not trying to get you to. In fact, it's better that you can take pills or drink tea and get high than poke yourself with a needle. Once you've passed that line, there's no going back no matter how much you hurt. So be warned...

    1. Take the coating off of the MS Contin. I usually put it in my mouth and suck until it is white and then take a cloth or sock and dry it really good. Perhaps put a fan over it for a minute or so to get it super dry.
    2. Take a Time magazine cover (or similar, I use a Playboy centerfold ) or a mortar and pestle and grind the pill until it is nothing but powder. If you use a magazine cover, use a hammer or similar blunt object and hammer or crush until super fine. The finer the better.
    3. Make sure you have a cooker, syringe and needle, cottons, and of course water. I wish I had access to wheel filters, but I don't. If you do, I would highly suggest you use them.
    4. Take 1cc of water per pill, and put it in the cooker. Put .5cc to the side for later use.
    5. Using a Zippo or candle (or even a bic if you want to burn your fingers) heat the water until just boiling.
    6. Immediately take the powder from the pill and pour it in.
    7. Add the .5cc of room temperatur water evenly to the mix
    8. Heat again until the wax turns a pale white. Don't boil it again.
    9. If you can, push the wax to the side of the cooker, or
    10. Throw in the cotton. Put the needle/syringe in and pull back until you get all of the water out of the mix. There should only be wax left.
    11. If you want, you can heat the wax and you can get a little bit more water out of it, but not a significant amount.
    12. I think you know what to do from here.

    Now, I know it's probably not the healthiest for your veins, but any pill isn't going to be. I've never had any particulate matter visible in the syringe. I've done this hundreds of times since I first started using this method because all the other internet recipes weren't producing any real effects. So I concocted this up and this has been the way I do it every time.

  2. #2
    Occasionally Opiated Karlin is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    Valuable info, thx buff.

    I've allways wondered if it makes the shot weaker if you use more water - whadda ya think? {I might use more water 'cuz more water makes it easier to suck thru the filter, doesn't get clogged as easy]. This is when we are taking 100mgs [grays]or more of Contin or Eslon - or do you manage to get it all in a small rig [1cc][100mls?] ??

    I figure Naaa, because 3ccs - a big rig full - with 100mg or more of dope - isn't enough to dilute it to the point where it makes a difference. But what do I know, I am a doper eh, so I am listening...

    Also, One idea is to use an electric heater, and when sucking it up, keep just a very little bit of heat going under the mix so it won't gel up. Anyone try that?
    "Don't tell ME what to do"

  3. #3
    OpioNoMo moviebuff927 is an unknown quantity at this point moviebuff927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Land of Nod
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Valuable info, thx buff.

    I've allways wondered if it makes the shot weaker if you use more water - whadda ya think? {I might use more water 'cuz more water makes it easier to suck thru the filter, doesn't get clogged as easy]. This is when we are taking 100mgs [grays]or more of Contin or Eslon - or do you manage to get it all in a small rig [1cc][100mls?] ??

    I figure Naaa, because 3ccs - a big rig full - with 100mg or more of dope - isn't enough to dilute it to the point where it makes a difference. But what do I know, I am a doper eh, so I am listening...

    Also, One idea is to use an electric heater, and when sucking it up, keep just a very little bit of heat going under the mix so it won't gel up. Anyone try that?
    I myself think that there is such a thing as too much water, but there's also such a thing as too little water. The trick is to find the right amount. No matter what mg the pill is, I try to use at least 1cc per shot. Even if I've got the shitty 15mg's, I still use a full 1cc for that one shot. Sometimes I'll use a bigger rig and shoot a few, but the general rule of thumb for those are 1cc per pill and possibly more if you've got the bigger ones.

    I just can't see you shooting 100mg of morphine in .5cc of water. But I could be wrong...

  4. #4
    Opiophile vaxn8 is an unknown quantity at this point vaxn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    Quote Originally Posted by moviebuff927 View Post

    I just can't see you shooting 100mg of morphine in .5cc of water. But I could be wrong...
    you could, but you wouldn't have it all in solution, the solubility under ideal condidtions (pure morphine sulphate) is between 50 and 60 mg/ml
    :git:"PROLLY" is NOT a word!

  5. #5
    Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perdition's flame
    Posts
    20,298

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    Just like to say about shooting MST,the washs can be better than the first hit.No matter how good at prep you are,you're leaving some behind.I'd hate to see you guys waste any.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

  6. #6
    Occasionally Opiated lizard1409 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    My experience with MSContin has been that the extraction described ( I do it a little differently, but essentially the same) get about 50% out each time. I usually get the orange 60's. so first shot, i'll get around 30mg, 2nd - 15mg, 3rd 7.5mg. anything remaining after that I save when the stuff has dried, combine with a couple others, and get a decent shot when I'm feindin' 2 days later. Granted, I'm just guessing on the approximate milligrams, but using 10mg shakers as my baseline comparison, the above feels about right. But I should note, that my experience with the grays is basically the same as described above. Not sure why the extraction would differ that much between the doses. Might be the morphine to filler/time release matrix ratio that effects that, cuz the pills are like the same size, thus with the higher dose in a hundred there would be less filler/matrix to interfere with extraction. Any thoughts?

    -Lizard1409

  7. #7
    Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perdition's flame
    Posts
    20,298

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    I'm with Lizard roughly,I'm not sure how much is being left behind,but there is a worthwhile amount in the wash.
    I can't really say,not enough experience.Coupled with the fact that I'd use the same cooker for several hits then do the wash.
    Last edited by nick; 11-21-2006 at 05:26 AM. Reason: I'm half awake man.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

  8. #8
    New Opiophile CDN-HITLER is an unknown quantity at this point CDN-HITLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ont.
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    I always thought you are not meant to put the pills in your mouth. Because of alot of bacteria in the saliva. I use a t-shirt and wet it with water to get the wax off.

  9. #9
    OpioNoMo moviebuff927 is an unknown quantity at this point moviebuff927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Land of Nod
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    Quote Originally Posted by CDN-HITLER View Post
    I always thought you are not meant to put the pills in your mouth. Because of alot of bacteria in the saliva. I use a t-shirt and wet it with water to get the wax off.
    That's a good point...though heating the solution probably kills any bad bacteria.

    It's probably better to do what you mentioned or even use an alcohol prep pad to get the coating off...I use my mouth though because when you're hurting, I'm trying to get that in my arm as fast as I can and I don't like to wait

  10. #10
    Occasionally Opiated TABAKMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    CANBERRA, ACT, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    very simpel

    but if you want to do it the proper way I suggest you read these made by QLD harm reduction and NT harm reductooon
    Last edited by jill; 08-30-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: links no longer active-removed

  11. #11
    AWOL
    Guest

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo s

    bump asfasdfasfasdfasfd

  12. #12
    Never Looked Back pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy is a jewel in the rough pharmboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    S.E.PA
    Posts
    1,877

    Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo s

    Has any body seen " HEROIN PURIFICATION TO NEARLY USP " on Erowid?

    I was wonderin if you could use somthin like this to turn crushed up

    MS into Morphine hydrochloride? Why dont they sell Morphine Hydrocloride?

    Its always sulfate.

  13. #13
    AWOL
    Guest

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo s

    Quote Originally Posted by pharmboy View Post
    Has any body seen " HEROIN PURIFICATION TO NEARLY USP " on Erowid?

    I was wonderin if you could use somthin like this to turn crushed up

    MS into Morphine hydrochloride? Why dont they sell Morphine Hydrocloride?

    Its always sulfate.
    I don't think there is any practical difference, it's just what pharmaceutical companies use to increase the solubility of the morphine.

  14. #14
    Occasionally Opiated thbronze is an unknown quantity at this point thbronze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    sunshine,md
    Posts
    67

    Default Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo since someone hacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Valuable info, thx buff.

    I've allways wondered if it makes the shot weaker if you use more water - whadda ya think? {I might use more water 'cuz more water makes it easier to suck thru the filter, doesn't get clogged as easy]. This is when we are taking 100mgs [grays]or more of Contin or Eslon - or do you manage to get it all in a small rig [1cc][100mls?] ??

    I figure Naaa, because 3ccs - a big rig full - with 100mg or more of dope - isn't enough to dilute it to the point where it makes a difference. But what do I know, I am a doper eh, so I am listening...

    Also, One idea is to use an electric heater, and when sucking it up, keep just a very little bit of heat going under the mix so it won't gel up. Anyone try that?
    I use electric stove burner keeping spoon right above burner-works great

    Quote Originally Posted by CDN-HITLER View Post
    I always thought you are not meant to put the pills in your mouth. Because of alot of bacteria in the saliva. I use a t-shirt and wet it with water to get the wax off.
    Personally,just run the pill under some water,dry w/paper towel

    Quote Originally Posted by moviebuff927 View Post
    I originally posted this a few months ago but the next day the site got hacked and my post was never seen again. I wanted to share a method of preparing MS Contins for IV use that will allow you to get most of the morphine out of the pills without using chemicals and having a chemists degree.

    First off, if you've never IV'ed, I'm not trying to get you to. In fact, it's better that you can take pills or drink tea and get high than poke yourself with a needle. Once you've passed that line, there's no going back no matter how much you hurt. So be warned...

    1. Take the coating off of the MS Contin. I usually put it in my mouth and suck until it is white and then take a cloth or sock and dry it really good. Perhaps put a fan over it for a minute or so to get it super dry.
    2. Take a Time magazine cover (or similar, I use a Playboy centerfold ) or a mortar and pestle and grind the pill until it is nothing but powder. If you use a magazine cover, use a hammer or similar blunt object and hammer or crush until super fine. The finer the better.
    3. Make sure you have a cooker, syringe and needle, cottons, and of course water. I wish I had access to wheel filters, but I don't. If you do, I would highly suggest you use them.
    4. Take 1cc of water per pill, and put it in the cooker. Put .5cc to the side for later use.
    5. Using a Zippo or candle (or even a bic if you want to burn your fingers) heat the water until just boiling.
    6. Immediately take the powder from the pill and pour it in.
    7. Add the .5cc of room temperatur water evenly to the mix
    8. Heat again until the wax turns a pale white. Don't boil it again.
    9. If you can, push the wax to the side of the cooker, or
    10. Throw in the cotton. Put the needle/syringe in and pull back until you get all of the water out of the mix. There should only be wax left.
    11. If you want, you can heat the wax and you can get a little bit more water out of it, but not a significant amount.
    12. I think you know what to do from here.

    Now, I know it's probably not the healthiest for your veins, but any pill isn't going to be. I've never had any particulate matter visible in the syringe. I've done this hundreds of times since I first started using this method because all the other internet recipes weren't producing any real effects. So I concocted this up and this has been the way I do it every time.
    I was in a rush the other day-whatever-developed weird rash forearm/upper arm.Eventually went away,just a tale in precaution
    Moviebuff,haven't added cold water like you mentioned,what does that do?Just makes up for evaporation?

    Talking about mscontin i was thinking thats what was bootin up until i remembered it was H! talk about a nice surprise.Off to run errands,amf
    Last edited by Uncle Wiggly; 03-16-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Merge

  15. #15
    OpioNoMo moviebuff927 is an unknown quantity at this point moviebuff927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Land of Nod
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo s

    UPDATE:

    My method only works for the Ethex generic MS Contin and the Mallinckrodt as far as I know. I have only tried this method with these 2 and gotten good results. I tried this method on Watsons and IT DOES NOT WORK WITH THOSE GENERICS UNFORTUNATELY. I have found that crisping the Watsons does work well, though.

    I will try and write a new and updated thread on the different materials used for all generic formulations of MS Contin and how to break down the different brands individually.

    Again, only ETHEX and MALLINCKRODT generic forms of MS Contin have been tried and successfully shot with this method. The WATSON brand of MS Contin DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS METHOD OF PREPPING FOR IV USE! The other brands (Teva, etc.) have not been experimented on by me so I cannot comment on the methods those will work. But I will try and post the ingredients that you can use for this method, and the ingredients that will not work with this method. Off the top of my head, I believe that if the pill contains hydroxyethyl cellulose, then this method will not work. But give me a minute to update this information...

    - m o v i e b u f f

  16. #16
    Opiophorum Member 2HI2C is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo s

    Quote Originally Posted by moviebuff927 View Post
    UPDATE:

    My method only works for the Ethex generic MS Contin and the Mallinckrodt as far as I know. I have only tried this method with these 2 and gotten good results. I tried this method on Watsons and IT DOES NOT WORK WITH THOSE GENERICS UNFORTUNATELY. I have found that crisping the Watsons does work well, though.

    I will try and write a new and updated thread on the different materials used for all generic formulations of MS Contin and how to break down the different brands individually.

    Again, only ETHEX and MALLINCKRODT generic forms of MS Contin have been tried and successfully shot with this method. The WATSON brand of MS Contin DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS METHOD OF PREPPING FOR IV USE! The other brands (Teva, etc.) have not been experimented on by me so I cannot comment on the methods those will work. But I will try and post the ingredients that you can use for this method, and the ingredients that will not work with this method. Off the top of my head, I believe that if the pill contains hydroxyethyl cellulose, then this method will not work. But give me a minute to update this information...

    - m o v i e b u f f
    Dude! Can you post this info??

    Maybe what I did wrong with the Ethex MS ER's was to use COLD tap water and then heat it up in the spoon. Will putting water in the spoon, heating it up, THEN adding the powder, aide in slowing down the gelling of the material?

  17. #17
    Occasionally Opiated BLOODY is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo s

    i believe if u get those ir.wit low amount of M. and they gel up like jelly,i wouldnt shoot dem,wheel filt. or not.try pluggin,hey dat really works much better than orally,just try to shit first,if u can,hell this is gettin sick so hear from ya.
    bloody

  18. #18
    OpioNoMo moviebuff927 is an unknown quantity at this point moviebuff927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Land of Nod
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Preparing MS Contins for IV injection...redo s

    Quote Originally Posted by 2HI2C View Post
    Dude! Can you post this info??

    Maybe what I did wrong with the Ethex MS ER's was to use COLD tap water and then heat it up in the spoon. Will putting water in the spoon, heating it up, THEN adding the powder, aide in slowing down the gelling of the material?
    Certainly will update tonight...I believe if you have the Ethex or Mallinckrodt brands then heating the water up FIRST, then adding the powder, and add another half a cc then heating just a tad more will work so much better and WILL NOT gel at all. You will be left with a very clear solution that is not syrupy, jelly-like, or otherwise any other form besides water. This method only works with the 2 I mentioned as far as I have tested. There is an ingredient in which if it contains, then you will have to crisp because heating the water will make it gel. One type I know does this is the Watsons. You HAVE to crisp those to get any morphine out of the solution. I'm hoping to post the ingredient tonight for sure, so you read the prescribing information from the generic company (Watson, Teva, Mallinckrodt, Ethex, etc) and if the pill contains that inactive ingredient, you will have to crisp. If it lacks that ingredient, you can just heat the water and add the crushed up powder after you take the coating off of course. Again, will add this for sure tonight, give me a second...

    ALSO DOING ANOTHER "10 BASIC FACTS EVERY OPIOPHILE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT: MARIJUANA" AND ALSO "10 BASIC FACTS EVERY OPIOPHILE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT: ALCOHOL"

    And tomorrow I will add "10 BASIC FACTS EVERY OPIOPHILE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT: AMPHETAMINES" and "10 BASIC FACTS EVERY OPIOPHILE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT: COCAINE"

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. First injection.
    By opos in forum Heroin
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 05:04 PM
  2. Preparing endo morphine 100's
    By beamin in forum Morphine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
  3. Preparing medics for injection
    By bogumil in forum Pharmaceuticals
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 03:21 PM
  4. IM'ing MS-Contins
    By paesan in forum Morphine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts