Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how will dillaudid show up on a pain management urine test?

New Opiophile vonwolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Default how will dillaudid show up on a pain management urine test?

I am PM Patient and probably have a test in 2 days, I am prescribed Morphine and oxycodone and need to know how dillaudid will show on a test. Will it be different than the opiates I take normally or will it just show up as Morphine? Should I avoid taking dillaudid or will I be safe I don't want to take unnecessary risks.

Thanks

Never Looked Back HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker HydroMoreFound is one bad motherfucker

Default Re: how will dillaudid show up on a pain management urine test?

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/hydromo..._testing.shtml

According to this source, it isn't commonly tested for. You're in pain management though, so it might be.

It all depends on the type of test.

Flowery Jackass Moderator flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl's Avatar

Hydromorphone will show up as hydromorphone. Morphine could cover that for you because small amounts can metabolize into hydromorphone, but I wouldn't bet on it if you're using it regularly. Definitely depends on the test you're given and if leaves the doctor's office for a lab.

insomniac port rhombus has disabled reputation port rhombus's Avatar

This sort of question comes up frequently, and unfortunately there isn't an authoritative answer. It ultimately depends on what lab and test procedures your PM doctor uses, plus your personal metabolism.

Hydromorphone is a minor metabolite of high-dose morphine in some individuals (e.g., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18430301). Although your hydroM metabolite values would be on the high side, depending on the lab, testing positive for hydroM when you're prescribed morphine might not raise a flag.

If you do test positive for hydroM, and your doctor has a problem with it, there are many reputable sources you could show the doctor which indicate that hydroM is a metabolite of morphine (search google or pubmed for "morphine hydromorphone metabolite", minus the quotes). That said, debating with an uneducated physician who's accusing you of aberrant behavior--especially when you have done something "wrong"--doesn't sound like a good time.

If it were me, I would refrain from using hydroM for as long as possible before the test.
    Last edited by port rhombus; 01-21-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Now I need a guillotine, to get you off my mind.

LIFETIME MEMBER Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet's Avatar

I agree with port rhombus...if something does come up, I'd just act totally surprised and stand your ground, saying you took only the morphine...he'd probably buy your story, if he does a little resarch...but me, I just play every situation by ear, but go in prepared, you know...seem to get a lot of questions lately, on pain meds tests, and there is just no consistency, so there's no way we will know...
    Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh....
    -- Junky: The definitive text of "Junk" by William S. Burroughs

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Safest bet is to enjoy the drugs you ARE prescribed and only use the others when you know a drug screen is in the distant future.

Good luck!!! Just try not to screw a good thing up.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen's Avatar

if this just a regular dipstick test (urine), it can show up on OPI and OPI 2000 sticks as morphine (this surprised me, but I can confirm it).

If it goes to MS/GC, they can specify exactly what you took, sometimes how much you took.

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

Never Looked Back Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by More Feen View Post
    If it goes to MS/GC, they can specify exactly what you took, sometimes how much you took.

M F
    M F is right about the GC/MS. It is expensive and time-consuming though so I don't know how common it is in routine testing.

Interestingly enough, oxycodone is metabolized by cytochrome p450 to oxymorphone among other metabolites. That doesn't necessarily help in this situation. If the OP were scripted hydrocodone though it might be a different story...Hydrocodone is metabolized by cyp450 into hydromorphone, or Dilaudid, among other metabolites.
    Morals get flexible like gymnastics
    Especially when you're after that next fix...

RIP Chemboy 06/12/2013
    RIP Paups and Than0 6/21/2014
    See you on the other side...

New Opiophile vonwolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses you guys have been a great help, I was also getting opanas a couple months ago but new insurance would not pay for it. I'm pretty sure hydromorphone and oxymorphone would show up similar on a urine test but once again I'm not sure. I have bad luck most of the time so if it can go wrong it usually dose go wrong with me.

Opiophorum Member webay is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been a cpp for 6 years now and have been at the same strict pain clinic since I was diagnosed. Im prescibed 40mg Oxycontin (which SUCK NOW) x3 daily and 15mg IR morphine for breakthrough pain. And I dont like needles or the effect from sniffing the morphine it also makes me tired. So alot of the time i trade them for the green 15 mg IR oxycodone. Since the codone an the contin is the same I dont have to worry about my monthly drug test, so Im assuming that where opana and dilaudid are both are just a way stronger version of morphine that they would show up the same. Im not posotive. But I know thats how it works with oxys

Departed Opiophile Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webay View Post
    Ive been a cpp for 6 years now and have been at the same strict pain clinic since I was diagnosed. Im prescibed 40mg Oxycontin (which SUCK NOW) x3 daily and 15mg IR morphine for breakthrough pain. And I dont like needles or the effect from sniffing the morphine it also makes me tired. So alot of the time i trade them for the green 15 mg IR oxycodone. Since the codone an the contin is the same I dont have to worry about my monthly drug test, so Im assuming that where opana and dilaudid are both are just a way stronger version of morphine that they would show up the same. Im not posotive. But I know thats how it works with oxys
    Opana will come up as OXY on a drug screen as long as it is on the actual test.
    The reason why it shows up as oxy is because oxycodone metabolizes into oxymorphone.
    On a dip stick test when they are testing fir oxy they are actually looking for oxymorphone not oxycodone.
    I get tested every now and then and I know it always shows that I have oxy in my system even though I am taking opana.
    As far as dilaudid I know it does not come up as OPI which would be morphine.
    I think they might have to specificity test for dilaudid.
    My doc has never told me whet results he gets for dilaudid.
    I think I may ask him if the right time ever feels right for me to ask.

I thought before that it would pop up as morphine but I have been tested 2 times in the past few months and I know they were just standard 5 panel tests that only tested fir morphine and I came out negative fir all drugs since I am on opana dilaudid and klonopin.

+ Reply to Thread