Potency: Shooting vs. Sniffing

Advertise on Opiophile

View Poll Results: Do you lose potency when shooting pills?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, with some things.

5 9.80%
  • No, never.

19 37.25%
  • I prefer sniffing anyway.

8 15.69%
  • You're just a twat.

25 49.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potency: Shooting vs. Sniffing

Junky gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos's Avatar

Needle Potency: Shooting vs. Sniffing

Maybe it's silly, but after being introduced to the *erhrrmm* "wonderful" world of needles I have found that I just love to shoot anything and everything I can get my hands on. Friends say certain pills and powders are better to sniff but I'd just as soon throw em in the cooker and lose a little... I suppose it's mostly for the ritual and instant rush.

I've been told there are certain things that you will lose potency on if you cook (such as pills that gel up, etc). What are your thoughts? Is it worth it or no?

I suppose the best way to go if you have enough is to shoot a little for the instant rush and sniff a little for the sustained high...

Departed Opiophile entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy's Avatar

Default Re: Potency: Shooting vs. Sniffing

uh, you shouldn't cook pills

and whoever is telling you that snorting is somehow more potent than injecting (or that you're wasting some drug by injecting) is clueless about opioids (probably a nooblight member) and you probably shouldn't be listening to them. let me guess... the same people telling you that snorting is more powerful than injecting probably also either A). smoke pills, or B). snort percocets. if they do neither, i would be highly surprised.

IV = 100% bioavailability
    insufflation tends to max out around 75% bioavailability, but averages about 40-50%.

each drug has a different bioavailability when snorted (for example, oxycodone has about a 40-60% nasal bioavailability), but IV is 100% always

edit: this doesn't apply to pills like TRF opana or OP oxycontins, or otherwise to pills that don't lend themselves easily to injection
    Last edited by entropy; 12-18-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Phew
    For a minute there
    I lost myself

Find what you love and let it kill you. - Bukowski

Never Looked Back PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills's Avatar

look at your poll and i think youll have your answer
    The above is not reccomended information as it goes against the harm reduction goal of thise site.

Junky gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos is a glorious beacon of light gnossos's Avatar

Hahah. Touche...

Let me get down to the specifics: Mainly I was referring to Roxi's and morphines. I have heard that some pills with a coating (such as morphines) can be "toasted like a marshmallow" (without water) first or something.. maybe I misunderstood, but this was from an experienced junkie.

Also I'm about to peruse the Fentanyl section specifically, but I've been having a lot of trouble getting the gel patches to work for me. Read all kinds of different opinions about shooting those.

Never Looked Back PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills's Avatar

oh christ dont bother askin bout iv fent. all youll hear is "dont do it youll die"

...i feel bad about the twat comment now that i know you have one BTW
    The above is not reccomended information as it goes against the harm reduction goal of thise site.

Departed Opiophile entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gnossos View Post
    Hahah. Touche...

Let me get down to the specifics: Mainly I was referring to Roxi's and morphines. I have heard that some pills with a coating (such as morphines) can be "toasted like a marshmallow" (without water) first or something.. maybe I misunderstood, but this was from an experienced junkie.

Also I'm about to peruse the Fentanyl section specifically, but I've been having a lot of trouble getting the gel patches to work for me. Read all kinds of different opinions about shooting those.
    there are many ways to inject ER morphines. the method used depends on the brand of morphine. there is a hot water method, a cold water method, a salt method, a crisping method (which is probably the worst method). use the search engine.
    Phew
    For a minute there
    I lost myself

Find what you love and let it kill you. - Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by PriceofPills View Post
    oh christ dont bother askin bout iv fent. all youll hear is "dont do it youll die"

...i feel bad about the twat comment now that i know you have one BTW
    It's all good, I made it an option so you know I can take a joke! Hah. And yeah, I've noticed no one wants to talk bout IVing Fentanyl... I can understand why. Damage control I guess.

It's all good, I made it an option so you know I can take a joke! Hah. And yeah, I've noticed no one wants to talk bout IVing Fentanyl... I can understand why. Damage control I guess.
    imo its more dangerous not to talk about it. people are gonna to it regardless. the least we can do as far HR is educate them.

that being said. i dont iv but smoking fent is badass if you havent tried any other ROAs

Jr. Opiophile PoppyLlama is a jewel in the rough PoppyLlama is a jewel in the rough PoppyLlama is a jewel in the rough PoppyLlama is a jewel in the rough PoppyLlama is a jewel in the rough PoppyLlama is a jewel in the rough PoppyLlama is a jewel in the rough PoppyLlama is a jewel in the rough PoppyLlama's Avatar

Honestly IMO smoking fentanyl is much more pleasurable than shooting it anyway! No joke, I've had IV fentanyl several times before (once with temazepam IV too) and I think it feels wayy better to just put a blob on the foil and inhale dat shyt. YUM! I love fent.

--- auto merge ---

gnossos, what is your problem getting the gel patches to work? you need to make sure you burn the fent ALL THE WAY, all the gel will evaporate, then when you burn it the residue will turn black, then keep burning and inhaling til the black residue goes away completely (or almost completely) and that residue at the end is the fentanyl that you wanna smoke, at the beginning you're just evaporating the alcohol and inhaling it with little to no fentanyl. that's a mistake alot of fentanyl noobies make. it you have any more questions let me know im a fentanyl master (not to brag, i've just been smoking patches up for a couple of years so I figure I know the game)

SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero's Avatar

Preventive maintenance is what it's called in the accounting industry, it's almost always a good idea.

Never Looked Back TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole's Avatar

where is Jill when ya need her haha
    to cure the soul by means of the senses, and the senses by means of the soul

...and it's the downward spiral, got me suicidal
    but too scared to do it, so these pills will be the rifle

Yeah I've read that smoking Fent is the best, I guess I was just still flirting with the idea of the gel shots. I'm embarrassed to say I believe I was totally fucking it up because I wasn't feeling hardly shit from em. I was cooking the gel with a little water and one time when I was really desperate and didn't have shit left I tried cooking a piece of the patch in water... yeah nothing. Next time I'll just smoke it.

--- auto merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Preventive maintenance is what it's called in the accounting industry, it's almost always a good idea.
    I can feel both sides of the damage control thing, but not talking about IVing something is the same thing as not giving condoms to school kids. Kids are still gonna fuck, and junkies are still gonna plunge.

Noddin' & Moddin' mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline's Avatar

Yeah I've read that smoking Fent is the best, I guess I was just still flirting with the idea of the gel shots. I'm embarrassed to say I believe I was totally fucking it up because I wasn't feeling hardly shit from em. I was cooking the gel with a little water and one time when I was really desperate and didn't have shit left I tried cooking a piece of the patch in water... yeah nothing. Next time I'll just smoke it.

--- auto merge ---

I can feel both sides of the damage control thing, but not talking about IVing something is the same thing as not giving condoms to school kids. Kids are still gonna fuck, and junkies are still gonna plunge.

We're gonna plunge? Odd. BUT you have a small tolerance, you wont need to IV fent. Smoking is more than sufficient.
    “ I can’t think of anything off the top of my head that seems more important than something designed to raise money to keep something going that keeps IV drug users from dying. ” - Elliott Smith

Never Looked Back HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep

Regarding the original question, I think you do lose potency shooting some pills. With certain types of pills some of the drug remains trapped to water insoluble binders and fillers, so you're not actually getting 100% of the drug in the pill when you shoot it.

Prime example: the original OC's

Taking these pills orally or intranasally was pretty efficient, and I think it was just about impossible to get all of the oxycodone into a solution to shoot. For this reason, I think the efficiency of IV oxycontin was either comparable to or slightly less efficient than other ROAs.

Junky FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama is just really nice FreeTwistLlama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HydroMoreFound View Post
    Regarding the original question, I think you do lose potency shooting some pills. With certain types of pills some of the drug remains trapped to water insoluble binders and fillers, so you're not actually getting 100% of the drug in the pill when you shoot it.

Prime example: the original OC's

Taking these pills orally or intranasally was pretty efficient, and I think it was just about impossible to get all of the oxycodone into a solution to shoot. For this reason, I think the efficiency of IV oxycontin was either comparable to or slightly less efficient than other ROAs.
    Exactly, the problem with IV of pharms is that a good amount of the drug doesn't get into the plunger and gets trapped in the cotton or in the residue that remains in the spoon. That's why it's not 100% and also why I think it is better to eat or sniff oxy than injecting it.

Never Looked Back HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroMoreFound has conned a lot of people to get this much rep

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTwistLlama View Post
    Exactly, the problem with IV of pharms is that a good amount of the drug doesn't get into the plunger and gets trapped in the cotton or in the residue that remains in the spoon. That's why it's not 100% and also why I think it is better to eat or sniff oxy than injecting it.
    I think you're probably right. If only you got a rush popping or snorting pills.

Departed Opiophile chemboy7 has disabled reputation chemboy7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTwistLlama View Post
    That's why you do a second wash.

--The Sock Puppet Pervert--

Quote Originally Posted by chemboy7 View Post
    That's why you do a second wash.
    Do a second wash AND then eat the remainder... Wouldn't that mean you'd get all of it? Sometimes I even swallow the cotton with pills... seems like then none would go to waste. Still, is it worth the trouble? I guess it depends on your level of needle fixation.

--- auto merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by mainline View Post
    We're gonna plunge? Odd. BUT you have a small tolerance, you wont need to IV fent. Smoking is more than sufficient.
    C'mon, I think everyone knew what I meant... I thought it was good. :P

Do a second wash AND then eat the remainder... Wouldn't that mean you'd get all of it? Sometimes I even swallow the cotton with pills... seems like then none would go to waste. Still, is it worth the trouble? I guess it depends on your level of needle fixation.
    Yeah, IMO the rush and the satisfaction of a needle fixation are the only real reasons to do this (not that those aren't pretty compelling reasons). I just think the amount of oxy that makes it into your system isn't much higher using this method compared to just swallowing the pill and using other methods to increase bioavalability and potentiate.

Eating a high fat meal before taking oxy orally is supposed to increase the amount of oxy that gets into your system by about 30%. I've experimented enough to know that doing this definitely makes the oxy noticeably stronger.

LIFETIME MEMBER Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Duckfeet's Avatar

I found that most pills, it doesn't do that much to fix them. But since I started out on the old 'crush and shake' knoll dilaudids (k4's) which were unbelievably good, I got in the needle habit, and as you've found out, once you have that habit/obsession with needles, you'll try just about anything...if 9 people on here say *don't* fix percocets, and one says *do* fix them...if you're like me, you'll take the chance....but you'll end up with your veins shot, for not much pleasure, looking back. Something about using the needle, that becomes a problem in itself, where even stupid fixes, like subutex or methadone, get tried every which way, just because we like the needle so much. Takes more than it gives...

The wise ones will just avoid it altogether...but I suspect, on this site, it's a bit late for that....
    Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh....
    -- Junky: The definitive text of "Junk" by William S. Burroughs

True Opiophile duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck's Avatar

Meh, the amount you waste, which surely is <10% just isn't that significant. I really doubt anyone who snorts exclusively would be shooting their drugs if they got that extra 10%.

opio epione has disabled reputation epione's Avatar

lol@ those poll results. hilarious. gnossos 'needle fever' is what you got and it is very dangerous. I had it for a little while. kick that ASAP. save your veins for the good stuff.. just might save your life too.

+1 on that second wash, always seems stronger than the first with MSIRs to me. no idea why really, doing everything the same, strange. Never happens with MSER but I know why.

but no, I don't recall any pill I've had that is less potent when injected. But I don't use codeine, hydrocodone, etc. Smack, morphine, dilaudid yeah. I do try to eat my MSERs, its only when pain is just too much they go in the arm.

Far as fent, I wear them, ocassionally smoke some. Shooting it from a patch just isn't worth the hassle or the risk to me. I'll get dope if I want to get high.
    Last edited by epione; 01-17-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Opiophorum Member downtown has a spectacular aura about downtown has a spectacular aura about downtown has a spectacular aura about downtown has a spectacular aura about downtown has a spectacular aura about downtown has a spectacular aura about

If you love the rush and that instant onset, does the tiny amount that youre wssting really matter all that much. Shooting pills is fun and all but i prefer real dope. Its not worth the hassle and the prep. And IV fentynal? Just smoke the damned things, fent is unpredictable as it, dont need to be IVing it, especially if you dont have a monster tolerence. Shit, i ODed once because i did too fat of a shot after cheeking what i thought was a reasonable amount of fentynal.

-dt
    downtown is a figment of your wild, overly active imagination

Never Looked Back Larkin has disabled reputation Larkin's Avatar

WHO THE FUCK ANSWERS AN OLD ASS POLL AND DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO POST A REPLY.

fuck.

Never Looked Back Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega is a name known to all Jega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    WHO THE FUCK ANSWERS AN OLD ASS POLL AND DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO POST A REPLY.

fuck.

Come on! Inquiring minds need to know what ass-hat-erie you felt posterity needed to know about that topic we talked about 7 months ago! Now we may never know if you prefer...wait...what is thread about?
    Better Living Through Chemistry

"How many other drugs have appeared to be inactive because I didn't know where to look for effects?"-tihkal

Never Looked Back Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid is a name known to all Billy the kid's Avatar

Edit: Nevermind...
    Last edited by Billy the kid; 07-12-2013 at 05:44 AM. Reason: This is an old ass thread, just realized that.

Never Looked Back strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks's Avatar

i was told that the bio availability of morphine orally is 30% but IV is 80-90% so it is a no brainer...but i am slowly killing myself shooting them mallie 200mgs everyday...my legs go numb when i lay on my back and my arm and hand goes numb sometimes....and i am waiting for endocarditis to kill me...urrrgh why they gotta put that shit in them pills??!!?
    THE MONKEY ON MY BACK HAS A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER!!!

FARE THEE WELL!! If we all lived by "an
    eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" we would all be blind and toothless----Mahatma Gandhi
    "You'd rather STAND KNEE DEEP in shit ,then let the world see you with a SHOVEL"----the wire

Jr. Opiophile kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1 is a glorious beacon of light kNOw1's Avatar

100% bio availability IV, always
    "Religion is the opiate of the ignorant."

Junky theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK is a glorious beacon of light theSWPK's Avatar

Bang bang bang
    KNODSVILLE
    theSWPK, fixing in a parking lot near you.

Opiophile srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker is just really nice srqmoviemaker's Avatar

only thing(s) I would snort over shooting would be benzos (and yes I know snorting them is almost useless on paper, but I swear snorting a bar hits me harder than swallowing one, but doesn't last as long... when it comes to opiates, the needle is the best way, even though I try to stay away from the needle since getting on subs... I never found any joy shooting subs... and it didn't ever seem to last as long keeping me from sickness..

+ Reply to Thread