Can I use Vicodin to block Suboxone withdrawal?

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I use Vicodin to block Suboxone withdrawal?

Occasionally Opiated Billy Goat is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Can I use Vicodin to block Suboxone withdrawal?

I took a 2mg of Suboxone yesterday at 11AM and 2mg at 4PM. If I take some vicodin 24 hours after my last dose will it at least block withdrawal from the Suboxone?

Occasionally Opiated seagullsuber is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Can I use Vicodin to block Suboxone withdrawal?

I have used oxycontin like this. Not on purpose, ofcourse. I waited about 24 hours after my last dose of suboxone and tried to get high of a few 40's. I was in slight w/d from the sub. the oc's didnt get me high but they took the w/d away. I felt a little something but it wasnt until a week later that I could feel anything good. So YES in my opinion you can. Be careful, in some people, what you are saying could precipitate w/d's.

How much Sub were you taking a day?

AWOL

You mean you withdrawl from subs? I didn't think they did anything but ack as an antagonist.

I just want to feel normal for two days and not get sick. I want to know if the Vicodin will take over for the Suboxone. I'm not trying to get high, I just can't be sick for the next 2 days.

AWOL

Yes, I'm pretty sure it would. 99% sure, someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know anything about sub's, I was just surprised to read that they did anything more than just block receptors. But as the sub wears off the receptors should be open for opiates.

Occasionally Opiated seagullsuber is an unknown quantity at this point

i was taking betwenn 8 and 16 mgs a day. I have done this numerous times (coming from different doses of subs to an opiate) It is different for everyone, but with me, it did just what you want it to do. Not get high but take away w/d's. HELL YES SUBS CAN CAUSE W/D -- they arent as bad as opiate w/d's but they last longer and it sucks. BUT - u can taper much easier than when you tried tapering off your DOC (we all know that is damn near impossible!!) "ok. i'll save one pill for blah, blah, blah -- that shit was gone within the hour"

Opiophile Sitar is an unknown quantity at this point Sitar's Avatar

Re: Can I use Vicodin to block Suboxone withdrawal?

You will NOT go into withdrawal from using an opiate AFTER Suboxone!!!

I repeat, you WILL NOT go into withdrawal from using an opiate AFTER Suboxone!!!

You could go into withdrawal from using Suboxone after an opiate, but NOT the other way around. And yes, you could use Hydrocodone to avoid withdrawal from Suboxone, but Sub WD lasts quite a while, so you'd have to use the Hydro for a few days.

Never Looked Back SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69 is just really nice SpecialGuy69's Avatar

yes this will (mostly) work. You are safe to go from subs-> vicodin, but not safe to go from vicodin-> subs. Taking subutex or suboxone while you have opiates in your body will throw you into immediate, horrible withdrawl. There is some really good information out there on this site, but, unfortunately, a few people who don't know what they are talking about have put some dangerously incorrect information out there, so in this case, UTFSE doesn't really apply. Ask away, but be careful who's advice you trust- there was someone saying that it was perfectly okay to dose subutex along with heroin. If you did that, best case, your not an addict so you waste your dope. Worst case, you go into horrible withdrawls.

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

You will NOT go into withdrawal from using an opiate AFTER Suboxone!!!

I repeat, you WILL NOT go into withdrawal from using an opiate AFTER Suboxone!!!

You could go into withdrawal from using Suboxone after an opiate, but NOT the other way around. And yes, you could use Hydrocodone to avoid withdrawal from Suboxone, but Sub WD lasts quite a while, so you'd have to use the Hydro for a few days.

^^^^....which would then defeat the purpose of tapering with suboxone....you see how a cycle will develop>?
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

There's so many people telling me I have to wait 5 days or I could go into a horrible death spin. Thanks for all the info.

Re: Can I use Vicodin to block Suboxone withdrawal?

Quote Originally Posted by Opiyum View Post
    ^^^^....which would then defeat the purpose of tapering with suboxone....you see how a cycle will develop>?
    Yes, but that's not what he was asking. And actually, it could be debated that taking a weak, short-acting opiate like Hydro for just a few days to get through the Sub WD could actually work to get off everything. Taking the Hydro just long enough to get through Sub WD but not long enough to get WD from the Hydro would be a great way to get clean.

However, it may not work as simply as that. I suppose it would really depend on how much and how long the Sub has been used and how long you've been using opiates in general. And how much willpower you have to actually be able to STOP taking the Hydro after just a few days.

But to reiterate my previous statement, taking the Hydro while coming off of Sub will NOT put you into withdrawal. It is totally safe. You may not get much from the Hydro, but it will not CAUSE withdrawal symptoms.

Occasionally Opiated geanine.aurora is an unknown quantity at this point

I know from experience that Hydrocodone even in small doses eases Sub W/d. Problem is it's easy to just jump back into original DOC. If you're just trying to get through a couple of days and go back on Sub. You will need to be careful to wait long enough before dosing on the sub

My doctor said you have to wait 12 hours after your last Vicodin before taking Sub again.

15 hours after my failed swap I'm back on the sub. I wasn't sick at all, just felt weird and stupid. I was taking two 80 oc's a day before the sub and for some reason thought I would feel six 7.5/750 stomach burning vic's. <---What a dumbass... This guy at my job just hands me 20 vic's a few times a month for nothing. Maybe I should quit my job The good thing is I have 18 vic's left and decided to go back on the sub instead of trying them again today.

Jr. Opiophile madnesscult is fresh on the scene. madnesscult is fresh on the scene. madnesscult's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
    My doctor said you have to wait 12 hours after your last Vicodin before taking Sub again.
    How long you must wait after your last dose before taking any subs depends upon the strength of your dose. You shouldn't depend too much on any certain number of hours. When taking subs after another opiate, you have to wait until you're in at least moderate withdrawl if you don't want to be thrown into precipitated withdrawl (which is worse than anything you'd be feeling whilst waiting to take the subs). I've developed a pretty good system for going back to subs after using other opaties...I'll take my last dose of heroin in mid- to late-afternoon, and just do enough to get me through the evening and be able to go to sleep. Then, by the time I wake up the next day, I am usually sufficiently in withdrawl to take the subs. Pretty much, I wait until I'm feeling really shitty, and have waited at least 12 hours since my last dose, but I do not rely on any magic number of hours.

Sitar is correct - taking a full-antagonist opiate after dosing subs WILL NOT send you into withdrawl, but if you take the subs too soon after taking another opiate IT WILL.

And for your original question about taking vicodin to get through withdrawls, the vicodin may help. It depends upon how much vic you take. After 24 hours, there's still going to be most of what you took of the subs still in your system, and they'll block other opiates to a certain extent. But you should be able to use them to keep withdrawls at bay. The longer you wait after taking subs to take another opiate the more effective that opiate will be.
    give in to your madness

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sitar View Post
    Yes, but that's not what he was asking. And actually, it could be debated that taking a weak, short-acting opiate like Hydro for just a few days to get through the Sub WD could actually work to get off everything. Taking the Hydro just long enough to get through Sub WD but not long enough to get WD from the Hydro would be a great way to get clean.

However, it may not work as simply as that. I suppose it would really depend on how much and how long the Sub has been used and how long you've been using opiates in general. And how much willpower you have to actually be able to STOP taking the Hydro after just a few days.

But to reiterate my previous statement, taking the Hydro while coming off of Sub will NOT put you into withdrawal. It is totally safe. You may not get much from the Hydro, but it will not CAUSE withdrawal symptoms.
    Man the whole point to subs is to stay away fromth shit for a long period of time. He comes of subs starts catching a buzz, even if its slight, form the hydro and then what you think hes just gonna stop using the hydro, That shit aint gonna work in the least if your goal is to stay clean. If your biding your time till you can use again sure but if your start taking any opiate directly after coming of subs to ease that WC you are going to end up right back on the shit. Ive seen it a thousand times and experienced it a few.
    It is definately not a means to a sober end.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

I was never arguing with you on that.

Occasionally Opiated stross is an unknown quantity at this point

The only problem with using Vicodin is the half-life issue. You will have to dose multiple times throughout the day in order to relieve the W/D symptoms. Perhaps if you can restrict yourself to only taking Vicodin at night to help sleep. I'd be careful playing with a full-opioid agonist. You might find yourself addicted again. It's much better to taper off of buprenorphine and make the jump at .25mg or .5mg as opposed to switching to another drug and jumping off at a higher dose. Just my two cents.
    -stross

That's Poppycock! - Tons of information on opioids: OxyContin, Suboxone, and Opioids FAQs, pharmacology, law, over-the-counter comfort medicine guide, and pill imprint guides for 10 opioids.

Never Looked Back shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about shaunclo has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by stross View Post
    The only problem with using Vicodin is the half-life issue. You will have to dose multiple times throughout the day in order to relieve the W/D symptoms. Perhaps if you can restrict yourself to only taking Vicodin at night to help sleep. I'd be careful playing with a full-opioid agonist. You might find yourself addicted again. It's much better to taper off of buprenorphine and make the jump at .25mg or .5mg as opposed to switching to another drug and jumping off at a higher dose. Just my two cents.
    I agree, I mean who are we all kidding here, we are all ddicts with little or no self control whatsoever, like we can start taking a full-agonist (even one as weak as hydro) responsibly for a couple of days. I mean it can be done, but your chances arent good.

I would just taper your sub dose down as low as you can go, then stick to that dose and start skipping days, then when you feel like you can hang, start skipping every other day.

Dont think there is going to be a full proof way out, there is not, but you can try and make it as easy as possible (which can still be hellish if you work a fulltime job) But if feels good to get clean every now and then. Your DOC is just that much sweeter when you return to it.
    Like taking the hair off a monkey.........dont try this at home

Jr. Opiophile madnesscult is fresh on the scene. madnesscult is fresh on the scene. madnesscult's Avatar

I don't think he's trying to use the vics to help get off of the subs, just to hold him over for a few days. I would assume that he's run out, and was thinking of using the vicodin to get well until he gets more subs, or something like that.
    give in to your madness

Occasionally Opiated stross is an unknown quantity at this point

My goal is to NEVER return to my DOC. It's friggin' evil. EVIL. Thank science for Suboxone. Geez. I wouldn't be where I am today without it.
    -stross

That's Poppycock! - Tons of information on opioids: OxyContin, Suboxone, and Opioids FAQs, pharmacology, law, over-the-counter comfort medicine guide, and pill imprint guides for 10 opioids.

+ Reply to Thread