+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What does Hydrocodone show up as in a 10 panel?

OpioNoMo HeroInMyVeins is an unknown quantity at this point

Default What does Hydrocodone show up as in a 10 panel?

Does it show up as just Opiates, or will it fall under oxycodone? Or do they even test for it. Also wondering what specific metabolites they test for on the 'opiates' part.

THAT IS NOT DOSING ADVICE epione has disabled reputation epione's Avatar

Default Re: What does Hydrocodone show up as in a 10 panel?

Hydrocodone will show as hydrocodone, hydromorphone, or both.

edit: extremely high concentrations of oxycodone can pop pos on opiate screen. this may be true for hydrocodone but I don't know for sure.
    Last edited by epione; 10-17-2012 at 10:35 AM.

your nizzle dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle's Avatar

If it's one of those tests that break down the opiates into different classes, it'll show up as Dilaudid, since hydrocodone is a pro-drug (i.e.- not really active on its own) and the liver enzymes (cytochrome P450) will demethylate the 3 position of the Hydrocodone, and thus give you hydromorphone, or dilaudid.

FYI, if you look at a structure of these, you will see that oxyC or oxyM have an OCH3 at the 14 position, and the hepatic enzymes won't touch that position.

So long answer short, NO, you'll not drop dirty for Oxycodone if you've been taking hydrocodone, you'll drop dirty for hydroMORPHONE.
    "he scores......... he shoots!!!!"
    - Krinkov

Never Looked Back Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle View Post
    If it's one of those tests that break down the opiates into different classes, it'll show up as Dilaudid, since hydrocodone is a pro-drug (i.e.- not really active on its own) and the liver enzymes (cytochrome P450) will demethylate the 3 position of the Hydrocodone, and thus give you hydromorphone, or dilaudid.

FYI, if you look at a structure of these, you will see that oxyC or oxyM have an OCH3 at the 14 position, and the hepatic enzymes won't touch that position.

So long answer short, NO, you'll not drop dirty for Oxycodone if you've been taking hydrocodone, you'll drop dirty for hydroMORPHONE.

Yea, What they said.
    This week in drug quotes:

“Among the remedies which it has pleased Almighty God to give to man to relieve his sufferings, none is so universal and so efficacious as opium.”
    -Thomas Sydenham

“I had someone at the Houston police station shoot me with heroin so I could do a story about it. The experience was a special kind of hell. I came out understanding full well how one could be addicted to 'smack,' and quickly.”
    Dan Rather

A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a licence to behave like an asshole. … Frank Zappa

"Reality is a crutch for people who cant handle drugs"-Lily Tomlin

OpioNoMo borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle View Post
    ?

-OH @ 14
    -OCH3 @ 3

WISH it was easy to put -OCH3 at 14 since potency x50 ;-)

your nizzle dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle needs no introduction dizzle's Avatar

OMG you're so right!!!!!! I'm sorry! wow, oops!!

Correction to above post,

In oxycodone/oxymorphone the 14 position has an -OH, NOT an -OCH3!!!

however, what I said about hydrocodone, that the 3 has an -OCH3 and then the liver demethylates it to an -OH is correct. Sorry if that caused any confusion.
    "he scores......... he shoots!!!!"
    - Krinkov

Never Looked Back The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan is now officially a member of the cool kids club The Ryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroInMyVeins View Post
    Also wondering what specific metabolites they test for on the 'opiates' part.
    Morphine.
    And when there is no hope...
    ...I smoke some crack I shoot some dope.

Cherry Fuckin' Syrup Snoops has disabled reputation Snoops's Avatar

On a 10-Panel, you're gonna pop + on the Opi Panel

Upon further inquest, if indeed your UA undergoes confirmation thru GC/MS... Then what dizzle sez.
    "If you're going to be a junky, be a righteous junky" -Nick

Opiophile Weanie More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen's Avatar

Oddly enough, the only opiate I've taken in the past 2 weeks was prescribed dilaudid.

I just took a pee test today, and it showed-up positive under the OPI2000 panel??!!??

I really didn't understand that, I thought that one needed a specific panel for hydromorphone and another for morphine (OPI2000).

Its a good thing I did that (I was just playing around), but I would have confidently strode-in for a real piss test believing:

"Go ahead and check for morphine metabolites idiot. I ain't took nothing that makes morphine metabolites for weeks now!"

There are many ways to go about checking urine, maybe the company that made this test did so to cover: morphine, hydromorphone, codeine, hydrocodone and smack.

IDK, but I swear it was clearly positive.

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

Cherry Fuckin' Syrup Snoops has disabled reputation Snoops's Avatar

Once, I had taken an at home 5 panel test with OPI/METH/THC/COC/AMP... I had only taken Oxycodone for the entire month. I showed negative for OPI's. And I know the test was accurate, cuz I popped + for THC, and I had been smokin' to boot.
    "If you're going to be a junky, be a righteous junky" -Nick

Never Looked Back Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoops View Post
    Once, I had taken an at home 5 panel test with OPI/METH/THC/COC/AMP... I had only taken Oxycodone for the entire month. I showed negative for OPI's. And I know the test was accurate, cuz I popped + for THC, and I had been smokin' to boot.

True. When I was in IOP they used the 5 panels, and I would shoot two 80s before goin every time. They UA'd me like 5-6 diff times and I was always good.
    "we will NEVER go extinct. we're the species that invented Smirnoff ice! and opium! and morphine! which we invented as a cure for opium addiction. and heroin! which we invented to cure the morphine addicts. and then methadone! which we came up with to cure the heroin junkies. my point is, there's no problem too fat for mankind to tackle."

Opiophile scikid is just really nice scikid is just really nice scikid is just really nice scikid is just really nice scikid is just really nice scikid is just really nice scikid is just really nice scikid is just really nice scikid is just really nice scikid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoops View Post
    Because the Codones do not pop positive in standard 5 panels. More and more places are aware of this though and are starting to add 7 or 10 panel tests.
    ----

As Above, So Below

OpioNoMo HeroInMyVeins is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright well I'm on Drug Court (intense probation where we are tested like once a week) and I think they use this one http://www.redwoodtoxicology.com/pro...panel-dip.html And I'm just curious what opiates it won't test for. I don't see Hydromorphone on there, but that's the drug I got arrested for you would think they would test for my drug of choice

Jr. Opiophile havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroInMyVeins View Post
    Alright well I'm on Drug Court (intense probation where we are tested like once a week) and I think they use this one http://www.redwoodtoxicology.com/pro...panel-dip.html And I'm just curious what opiates it won't test for. I don't see Hydromorphone on there, but that's the drug I got arrested for you would think they would test for my drug of choice
    You are lucky they dont send it out to a lab. Most drug courts do especially here in socal. What city are you in?
    From that website, it looks like the opiate related tests are BUP, EDDP, MTD, OPI, OXY, PPX corresponding to Buprenorphine, Methadone Metabolite, Methadone, Opiates (Morphine), Oxycodone, and Propoxyphene. I forget if hydromorphone or oxymorphone will test positive for Opiates. Other than those two, you can get away with Fentanyl, Tramadol

For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled. -Hunter S. Thompson

Departed Opiophile Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by havok View Post
    You are lucky they dont send it out to a lab. Most drug courts do especially here in socal. What city are you in?
    From that website, it looks like the opiate related tests are BUP, EDDP, MTD, OPI, OXY, PPX corresponding to Buprenorphine, Methadone Metabolite, Methadone, Opiates (Morphine), Oxycodone, and Propoxyphene. I forget if hydromorphone or oxymorphone will test positive for Opiates. Other than those two, you can get away with Fentanyl, Tramadol
    oxymorphone will come up if you take oxy or oxymorphone since oxy breaks down to oxymorphone. So if they are checking for oxy they are actually looking for its metabolite oxymorphone . So if you take straight oxymorphone (Opana) its comes up as oxy on a drug screen.

+ Reply to Thread