Get paid to do a gram of heroin a day for a year to see if its better than dilaudid.

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Get paid to do a gram of heroin a day for a year to see if its better than dilaudid.

Never Looked Back Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar's Avatar

Icon10 Get paid to do a gram of heroin a day for a year to see if its better than dilaudid.

(or vice versa)

My prayers of what to do with my life just got answered.

Requirements; get to Vancouver BC (lucky for us in the Pacific Northwest)
    Have been a junkie for 5 years
    Have used in the past year
    Two attempts at treatment
    Legal adult

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01447212

What you get

3 injections a day, up to 500mg a day, of hydromorphone for 6 months, then depending on the control group you are in, another 6 months of HM IV, or another 6 months of HM of an equivalent oral dose (greater amount)

or; all the same, but up to 1,000mg a day of diacetylmorphine, same conditions of one group switching half way through the year to equivalent oral dose.
    Last edited by Nagelfar; 08-27-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    And behold, all things are written by the Father; therefore out of the books which shall be written shall the world be judged. 3 Nephi 27:26

Jr. Opiophile makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita's Avatar

Default Re: Get paid to do a gram of heroin a day for a year to see if its better than dilaud

oh my fucking god. This is probably the only time in my current life I can say I have ever wished I had been chronically relapsing for a year.

I can just see explaining this to my partners and my parents/friends. Yeah guys, I just got a job in Vancouver! I'm going to be a professional junkbox! I'll just pick my life right back up when I get back. Isn't it awesome?!

says study is not yet open for enrollment on the clinical trial page, but if you click through to the website it says that it is open now and gives a number and an email, fyi.

I actually remember when I was younger, seeing ads for inpatient studies on opiate use that were like 2 weeks long, and you got paid $1500 or some shit. Pretty sure those studies were also studying withdrawal or pain sensitivity, due to the high price tag, but I don't know. I cannot imagine how much they might give you for a year of this stuff...I wonder if it's enough to live off of? unless they just basically think the meds are the main reward and maybe they give you a little stipend for coming into the clinic each day to get your drugs.

(looks up graduate programs in BC)

This study is now going to totally become the official oPhile family reunion.

Opiophile lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup is a splendid one to behold lawyerup's Avatar

Default Re: Get paid to do a gram of heroin a day for a year to see if its better than dilaud

Sign me da fuck up. I wonder if it's inpatient or outpatient.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

This is the SALOME trial that started last November.It was WAY over subscribed long,LONG before it started.

Sorry.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Jr. Opiophile makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita is one bad motherfucker makita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    This is the SALOME trial that started last November.It was WAY over subscribed long,LONG before it started.

Sorry.
    From the official Salome site:

On December 19, 2011, SALOME investigators started the recruitment and selection process for the patients that will participate in the study. Please call 604-682-7515 if you are interested in volunteering for the study.
    Those who meet the following criteria MAY be eligible for SALOME:
    • Regular use of opioids for five years
    • Injecting opioids in the last year
    • Two attempts at treatment including opioid substitution (eg. methadone)
    • Must be a legal adult
    • Struggling with drug related problems
    If you have any further questions or concerns, please email salome.study@gmail.com or call 604-682-7515.

So wish I was doing this right now, instead of rockily trying to transition from 60mg methadone to 150mg (aka way not enough) MS Contin. Fucking doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by makita View Post
    From the official Salome site:

On December 19, 2011, SALOME investigators started the recruitment and selection process for the patients that will participate in the study. Please call 604-682-7515 if you are interested in volunteering for the study.
    Those who meet the following criteria MAY be eligible for SALOME:
    • Regular use of opioids for five years
    • Injecting opioids in the last year
    • Two attempts at treatment including opioid substitution (eg. methadone)
    • Must be a legal adult
    • Struggling with drug related problems
    If you have any further questions or concerns, please email salome.study@gmail.com or call 604-682-7515.

So wish I was doing this right now, instead of rockily trying to transition from 60mg methadone to 150mg (aka way not enough) MS Contin. Fucking doctors.
    Lot of addicts in Vancouver wish they were on the trial too.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Jr. Opiophile abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham is a glorious beacon of light abe or ham's Avatar

nah,just move there and pay 100$ for 80mg oxys!!!
    I WAS BLIND ALL THE TIME I WAS LEARNING TO SEE!!
    EVERY SILVER LINING HAS A TOUCH OF GREY

Jr. Opiophile Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire's Avatar

How can they possibly ascertain that you meet all of those conditions? Talk to your junky friends as references? "Yep, he's been gettin' fucked up for the past year." "Okay."
    Inhale deep like the words of my breath
    I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death

True Blockhead Administrator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doublewire View Post
    How can they possibly ascertain that you meet all of those conditions? Talk to your junky friends as references? "Yep, he's been gettin' fucked up for the past year." "Okay."
    I assume you'd have to be in some kind of treatment so they could reference you.
    Blockhead: "Um, what's a conscience?"

Conscience: "Someone who hates you, but...can't do anything about it.

Opiophile Moderator Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael. is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Michael.'s Avatar

This sounds amazing. Pity cool stuff like this doesn't happen here. We don't even get dilaudid. A friends father bought some back from Canada but he actually needed them so we didn't touch em

Never Looked Back Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt is a name known to all Matt's Avatar

This is a junkhead's dream "job." And what would one do with the money they're being paid for this experiment? Well get more dope on the street of course! Hell of a way to augment one's dope budget. How would they really know you've been using the five years prior without some sort of credentials like treatment or drug-related arrests or whatever? At any rate I'd certainly be a very willing participant in this trial. "Hey family I finally got a job being a guinea pig for the FDA!"
    Last edited by Matt; 08-28-2012 at 01:51 AM.

True Blockhead Administrator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

At least studies like this are being done.

Give it about a hundred years or so, we'll see what happens...

Compulsive Fuck Up Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix is one bad motherfucker Just1Fix's Avatar

5 years is pretty easily verified...granted not all junkies get arrested or go to rehab/maintenance- but quite a few do... and I could see junkies coming out of retirement for a gig like this...

Wonder if I said 'fuck the money, just gimme an extra shot a day' would up my chances of acceptance

Opiophile taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip's Avatar

If only they did some sort of reverse bidding war for spots...i'll do it for only 2 shots a day And half the money! Anyone care to under bid me

Never Looked Back Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time Tea Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taytoechip View Post
    If only they did some sort of reverse bidding war for spots...i'll do it for only 2 shots a day And half the money! Anyone care to under bid me
    That was fucking funny!
    Morals get flexible like gymnastics
    Especially when you're after that next fix...

RIP Chemboy 06/12/2013
    RIP Paups and Than0 6/21/2014
    See you on the other side...

True Opiophile duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) duck's Avatar

Are you allowed to give yourself the injections, or does a nurse have to do it? I would not trust a nurse to inject me 3 times a day. That could get bad after 1000+ injections in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pie View Post
    At least studies like this are being done.

Give it about a hundred years or so, we'll see what happens...
    Rubbish! Trials are just a way of kicking the issue into the long grass-there's a whole evidence base(fuck evidence mountain) going back decades supporting the use of IV opaites for maintenance.

P.S. Be careful what you wish for,guys.I believe there's on going legal action in relation to the original Naomi trial due to a lack of after care that amounted to negligence.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Junky michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines's Avatar

Would be awesome to be able to be a part of this kind of thing lol. I was just thinking about an ep of Vanguard (Current TV) I saw a few months ago. Doesn't/didn't Vancouver also have like a "safe house" place where IV users could go and shoot in a safe, clean environment? If I remember right, they would give out all the supplies you needed to shoot "safely" (clean rigs, citric acid, alcohol pads, cookers etc), all you had to provide was your DOC.

It was like a pilot program. They were hoping to export it to other Canadian cities depending on the outcome. Anybody else hear about this? Is it still around?

http://morenowagain.wordpress.com

Do not go gentle into that good night
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day

Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Dylan Thomas (1914-1953)

True Opiophile Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just1Fix View Post
    5 years is pretty easily verified...granted not all junkies get arrested or go to rehab/maintenance- but quite a few do... and I could see junkies coming out of retirement for a gig like this...

Wonder if I said 'fuck the money, just gimme an extra shot a day' would up my chances of acceptance
    You mean they PAY you too? Shit,I'd pay to get on it.
    Scarab Blues

Gray day, no dawn,
    Everyone that's here, is gone
    Except of course my Junkie son
    And me
    Draw the black flag cross the moon
    Burn the bottom of a thousand spoons
    The Poppy frees us from the gloom
    And restlessness
    Star light, star bright
    Heart pounding in my chest tonight
    Vampires shrinking from the light
    Of sanity
    Oh, God whose image we are in
    Christ, who frees us of our sins
    Bless you for the Heroin
    And everything

DAK, 11/1/12

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn
    kann man uns am Himmel sehn
    wir haben Angst und sind allein
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Opiophile taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip has much to be proud of taytoechip's Avatar

Yes michelle I have seen that on a couple programs. Looks awesome. So clean and a judgement free place. Upstairs they even have people to help you when You're ready to quit

Never Looked Back poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy's Avatar

What happens at the end of the trial? Do they just wave you and your habit goodbye and wish you luck?

Never Looked Back Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar has much to be proud of Nagelfar's Avatar

No one pointed out my most drastic faux pause in this entire thread (save maybe that the trial is over as Nick pointed out, though to my defense the page, which is a government page, implies the opposite)

Which is: it doesn't seem they mention specifically anywhere that they actually *pay* you. It might just be for the drug, and they'd get just as many applicants and they know it without paying a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    What happens at the end of the trial? Do they just wave you and your habit goodbye and wish you luck?
    They say they ween you on to a legal methadone (or equivalent) maintenance program.
    And behold, all things are written by the Father; therefore out of the books which shall be written shall the world be judged. 3 Nephi 27:26

Rubbish! Trials are just a way of kicking the issue into the long grass-there's a whole evidence base(fuck evidence mountain) going back decades supporting the use of IV opaites for maintenance.
    Like I said, give it a hundred years or so...

It'll be a general shift in attitudes that does it.

Like I said, give it a hundred years or so...

It'll be a general shift in attitudes that does it.
    No-it just takes the political will and funding.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

No-it just takes the political will and funding.
    And that will require popular support (I think).

Or maybe not, I dunno, I'm just off a plane here.
    Last edited by Fat Pie; 08-28-2012 at 03:09 PM.

And that will require popular support (I think).

Or maybe not, I dunno, I'm just off a plane here.

Popular support!! That was funny!!
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Popular support!! That was funny!!
    Yeah, politicians have never really relied on that, have they?

Told you I was fucked. Some hard drugs injected into me should make things so much better.

Junky XxGanjaXXGOD has a spectacular aura about XxGanjaXXGOD has a spectacular aura about XxGanjaXXGOD has a spectacular aura about XxGanjaXXGOD has a spectacular aura about XxGanjaXXGOD has a spectacular aura about XxGanjaXXGOD has a spectacular aura about XxGanjaXXGOD's Avatar

Sounds like it would be cool(if the heroin is pharmaceutical grade),But I think I'd still pass.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGanjaXXGOD View Post
    Sounds like it would be cool(if the heroin is pharmaceutical grade),But I think I'd still pass.
    You would pass the opportunity if you were selected? Wish everyone but me thought that way, I'd maybe be able to get in on one of these then.

Yeah, politicians have never really relied on that, have they?

Told you I was fucked. Some hard drugs injected into me should make things so much better.
    Good thinking!-IV dope's never let me down!
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast