I've been messing around with finding a fast/easy/effective CWE method, and am happy with my process so far, but still have some questions.
The method in its current form is roughly thus:
1. Run 25 Wal-Mart generic AC&C (325/15/8) through a cheap hand crank coffee grinder.
2. Add 35ml bottled water from fridge and stir until dissolved.
3. Wad a coffee filter into a ball and stuff it to the bottom of a 60ml hobby syringe, wet with cold water.
4. Add pill/water paste to the syringe, place the plunger and drive 'er home, squeeze hard and almost all of the liquid can be extracted. Catch the filtrate in a pyrex pan.
5. Place said pan on top rack of oven set to warm (approx. 65-70C measured with thermometer) until dry
This leaves a light brown residue which is presumably most of the codeine and caffeine, and hopefully very little aspirin.
What concerns me is that when this residue is collected it is not really a powder, it is more like the consistency of chewing gum that has been stuck under a table for a month. It is not sticky, just gummy.
Is this what would be expected from codeine/caffeine. I was expecting a dry powder...
Also, I know that codeine is sensitive to heat, but just how sensitive is it? Will 65-70C be causing decomposition?
Thanks in advance for any info