Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opana ER GENERICS are going to be released soon!!!

OpioNoMo pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about

Default Opana ER GENERICS are going to be released soon!!!

Hey,

I've done some research and this is what I've found out.. Endo has let the FDA put the old formulation in their "orange" book (whatever that is) just like they did with the 7.5 and the 15mg ER's and activa was then allowed to make them. Endo basically gave up their right to make the old school..

Then I found that at least 2 other companies have NDC numbers for generic opana ER's Even Endo has a generic of the old school, they will be yellow with the stop sign shape. they will have the imprint of E693 and the number 40 on the other side..

also this number 63629-4177 is from another 40mg generic opana manufacturer.

It looks like the generics will be out in full force sooner rather than later..... Now, dont count your chickens before they hatch, but im being optomistic on this one....

Never Looked Back Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend has much to be proud of Opiofiend's Avatar

Default Re: Opana ER GENERICS are going to be released soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokergooch View Post
    Hey,

I've done some research and this is what I've found out.. Endo has let the FDA put the old formulation in their "orange" book (whatever that is) just like they did with the 7.5 and the 15mg ER's and activa was then allowed to make them. Endo basically gave up their right to make the old school..

Then I found that at least 2 other companies have NDC numbers for generic opana ER's Even Endo has a generic of the old school, they will be yellow with the stop sign shape. they will have the imprint of E693 and the number 40 on the other side..

It looks like the generics will be out in full force sooner rather than later..... Now, dont count your chickens before they hatch, but im being optomistic on this one....
    I personally wouldnt get your hopes up. If the FDA didnt allow the original brand manu to keep making them, there is no way they will allow generics to be made in the original. It would defeat the whole point of the reformu. Im still waiting for the generic version of the OG Ocs to come out.
    This week in drug quotes:

“Among the remedies which it has pleased Almighty God to give to man to relieve his sufferings, none is so universal and so efficacious as opium.”
    -Thomas Sydenham

“I had someone at the Houston police station shoot me with heroin so I could do a story about it. The experience was a special kind of hell. I came out understanding full well how one could be addicted to 'smack,' and quickly.”
    Dan Rather

A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a licence to behave like an asshole. … Frank Zappa

"Reality is a crutch for people who cant handle drugs"-Lily Tomlin

OpioNoMo pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about

Remember that they already have generic opana up to the 15mg strength now... (and they are even better than the old school brand name..)

Never Looked Back hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile is a splendid one to behold hydrophile's Avatar

Yea i cant wait to see a REAL 80 around again! Ive geen getting those A214s here recently but those are so much powder to snort oh well :] i bet they will be expensive as hell though. I get the 15s for $10 so thats not bad.
    Vice, in its true light, is so deformed, that it shocks us at first sight; and would hardly ever seduce us, if it did not at first wear the mask of some virtue.

Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th Earl Chesterfield (1694-1773), British statesman, man of letters. repr. in The Letters of the Earl of Chesterfield to His Son, vol. 1, no. 142, ed. Charles Strachey (1901). letter, Feb. 22, 1748 (1774).

I KNOW THINGS ARE GUNNA CHANGE......BUT I CANT SAY BAD OR GOOD!
    -Neil Young "Look Out For My Love"

LONG LIVE THE SOCK PUPPET PERVERT!
    R.I.P. Chemboy7!

Noddin' & Moddin' mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opiofiend View Post
    I personally wouldnt get your hopes up. If the FDA didnt allow the original brand manu to keep making them, there is no way they will allow generics to be made in the original. It would defeat the whole point of the reformu. Im still waiting for the generic version of the OG Ocs to come out.
    True. I mean, 7.5's and 15's are more or less original 'formu' (rofl) but Endo(the 'manu') kicked those doses completely. BUT Who knows? The 'reformu' of Opana and Oxycontin aren't exactly the same, So it's very possible the generic will be the original, or more or less 'formu'
    “ I can’t think of anything off the top of my head that seems more important than something designed to raise money to keep something going that keeps IV drug users from dying. ” - Elliott Smith

A little more than a year ago, Endo put the 7.5mg and 15mg ER on the orange book, meaning that anyone can then make the generic formula. On June 15th of this year, they did the same with all the other strengths, meaning that others can now make a generic in all other dosages.

At first, I thought only Watson would be allowed to make the old school generic, but after my readings, I have come to the conclusion that there will be many generic manufactures of the opana ER's..

Endo just retained the right to the new formulation. So when a doc writes brand name only, you will get the TRF kind. When I saw that Endo actually has a pill already documented for the generics is when my optimism shot way way up...

I wish I would have saved all the links. i think that most of you would agree with me that the old school opana ER's are not too far off....Also, there is a rumor that they will be making a 50mg and a 36mg version. (Don't know if they will be brand name of generic).

Departed Opiophile Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay's Avatar

I also belive that there wil be generics coiming out in 2013. But I dont see why they would make a 36 mg tablet. I can see a 50mg tablet though since I think that there should definatly be higher strengths than only a 40mg tablet.
    I am pretty sure that Watson can make their pills in Sept 2012. That was the date in the original ruling.

at one point my doc had me on 1 40mg and 1 10mg taken every 12 hours. But we found that no matter how much I took every 12 hours it just would not last me for 13 hours, so my doc switched me to every 8 hours, and that has worked out very well for me.

I dont see the price coming down too much on the generics until there are more than just one manufacturer of the generic tabs.

Also I dont think that there will be too many docs tha are goig to write on the scripts "name brand only" especially since so many people have ben complaining about the new TRF style pills.

The really do suck compared to the old style Opana Er pills.

So only 2 more months until Sept 1. 2012 !

hopefully they dont take forever to show up in the pharmacies!

Occasionally Opiated HaZe_X is an unknown quantity at this point HaZe_X's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pokergooch View Post
    Hey,

The NDC "63629-4177" is not another manufacture, its just a repack facility--Bryant I believe.

The "E693" was the first Opana tablet that was approved back in 2006. Endo than changed the design in 2008 to what most of are used to, just having the MG printed on the pill.

These are the current Manufactures that have been approved to make Opana.

Yea, thats what i figured.. but, in the agreement with watson, its stated that they can start making generics sept 15 or earlier, now that they have Orange booked it, i believe that they can start doing it. Also, since watson and avtiva are owned by the same company, it would only make sense that they just start out making the other strengths... Im betting we will see generics come out before september, but it will depend on how fast they can start making them and getting them out.. But, Im sure it will happen by the end of september..

The bad thing to all of this is that the price wont come down much if any. Watson knows that they will make a killing. Also, why wouldn't Endo make a generic too? it would only make sense.. But, Im fairly confident that the generics will come and they should be the old school kind.. they will just have the crescent moon on them.. I've heard good things about the 15mg'ers.

But hey, I was lucky and found a pharmacy that has 2 months worth of the stop signs, he says he will hold them, but I wont hold my breath..Ill be okay this month. but only dealing with a month or two of the new kind is a small price to pay...

--- auto merge ---

To Dr Mkay... Yea, I just read that a 50m ER and one that was like 38mg or 36mg didn't make much sense to me either... But also they were going to make a 15mg IR pill that never materialized.. I really hope that they do come out with a 50mg. but, Hey, Ill just be glad when the generics come out in all sizes and that they will be the old formula..

I just talked with a pharmacist today and he said that he has had many complaints that the new kind don't work as well.. Duhh, i knew this. even at Endos site they compare the two and they state that there isn't too much of difference but when i looked at it, I saw a huge difference. they were only close at hour 5 or so, but every other other the old kind was much higher in the blood plasma concentrations....

Occasionally Opiated oxymorphojuanadone is fresh on the scene. oxymorphojuanadone is fresh on the scene. oxymorphojuanadone's Avatar

there has been a rumor about a 50 mg and 36 mg (or whatever) being released for as long as i can remember... and i hope your "research" didn't involve wikipedia, where the rumor originated and where it still sits on the oxymorphone page, lying to people.

sorry for the mini-rant, i'm just sick of people thinking they're gonna get something higher than a 40 any time soon; it's been going on for years.

however, in a good rant, i'm excited for the generics to get released, if only to see what they're like. i pray for the original formula (or at least the original-ish formula); pretty much anything that i can crush and put my nose without something terrible happening.

Occasionally Opiated HaZe_X is an unknown quantity at this point HaZe_X's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oxymorphojuanadone View Post
    there has been a rumor about a 50 mg and 36 mg (or whatever) being released for as long as i can remember... and i hope your "research" didn't involve wikipedia, where the rumor originated and where it still sits on the oxymorphone page, lying to people.

sorry for the mini-rant, i'm just sick of people thinking they're gonna get something higher than a 40 any time soon; it's been going on for years.

however, in a good rant, i'm excited for the generics to get released, if only to see what they're like. i pray for the original formula (or at least the original-ish formula); pretty much anything that i can crush and put my nose without something terrible happening.

Im praying for generics in the Org. formula. But honestly Im doubting it since I only see Impax approved on the FDA list.

Could always go with the Actavis 15mg, thats what Im using.

According to the agreement that endo made with Watson and impax: Watson can start making them Sept. 15th (or earlier under certain circumstances) and Impax can start making them in Jan of '13.. But, I believe that the "other circumstances" is when endo put them in the orange book. By doing that, they basically gave up their right to the old formulation. Thats why Activa was able to make the 7.5 and 15mg ER last year.. Endo put those in the orange book..

That info that i got about the 50mg and 36 was not from wikipedia, it was from a AP report that was undated. I'm doubting that they would be made since the 15mg ir was nixed, im sure the other formulations were nixed too.

But, I wonder if Impax will start making them sooner since they are now in the orange book.. this will be interesting to see what happens. I just dont want to wait a year before they firgure things out.. Im hoping that it will be figured out by sept.. but with my luck, we will be lucky to see them by the end of the year...

Opiophorum Member chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart is just really nice chemicalchart's Avatar

A very Watson Christmas would be nice. I so miss the old formula 40 ERs.

Occasionally Opiated Kapable is fresh on the scene. Kapable is fresh on the scene. Kapable's Avatar

I can not tell you how I know outright but the generic ER's are set for manufacture in Sept and sheould be distibuted widely by Oct-Nov.. The 15mg ER generic are already out so why not hit that until then? I take 30mg ER's every 12 hrs and next week will be getiing 4 15's a day instaed of those crappy TRF's. Am I missing something? Anyone try the 15mg generics and what is your take?

Opiophorum Member warbux is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the description of the one at the top of the list "injectable injection"

Quote Originally Posted by Kapable View Post
    I can not tell you how I know outright but the generic ER's are set for manufacture in Sept and sheould be distibuted widely by Oct-Nov.. The 15mg ER generic are already out so why not hit that until then? I take 30mg ER's every 12 hrs and next week will be getiing 4 15's a day instaed of those crappy TRF's. Am I missing something? Anyone try the 15mg generics and what is your take?
    So your 100% sure? You can't shed any more info? I know I'm new, but a PM would be nice if you shed some more light to me, I wouldn't share it at all.

As for the 15mg Generics, I have them now. They work absolutely fine for snorting. I feel they gel maybe a little less than the OG's. However they are a tad harder to crush/grind, and they taste like CHALK..makes me gag every time, I always need a drink near me. I use a mircoplane to grind it down, then crush the pieces left for a fine powder, works great this way.

For oral users, They are VERY close to the OG's, not quite as good, as I feel thy take a little longer to kickin and not last as long. But they are a 100% improvement of whats out there now.

I dont IV, so I can't help anyone there.

Along with you I get 4 15's also a day, 30mg every 12hours.

The way the industry is, no one can guarantee anything until you see them behind the counter. Even then, changes can be made very easily..

I am very optimistic that the generics in all strengths will be available this fall. I also believe that they will be very close to the old school version...

+ Reply to Thread