Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ambien, lunesta, and CANCER!

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

Default ambien, lunesta, and CANCER!

I'm watching tv and see a commercial apparently law firmd are sewing the makers of ambien, lunesta, and one other drug.

Any facts behind this?
    It is the deepest darkness that a light shines the brightest.

Never Looked Back OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically's Avatar

Default Re: ambien, lunesta, and CANCER!

A pharmaceutical drug causing severe health problems? NEVER!!!

Did the commercial state a specific type of cancer?

I sure as shit wouldn't be surprised if this were true....

EDIT: Sorry hit submit before pasting this link http://www.latimes.com/health/booste...,2382260.story

The link is an article including a video about this subject
    Last edited by OpiatedChronically; 04-01-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: forgot link
    “I loved when Bush came out and said, 'We are losing the war against drugs." ....You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it!!" ~Bill Hicks

Never Looked Back Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks's Avatar

This is why more people should do heroin you never hear about it giving people cancer

No glory in them stories of the cold cells
    Or sittin' all night chillin in the motel
    Peepin' out the mini blind waitin' for dope sales
    I write a story bout my life, an call it "Coke Tales"
    The truth is, I'm one man
    The street life, I'm countin' friends all on one hand
    The sad part, I aint even got to 5 yet
    Unless you count this pistol and this fuckin pyrex

Never Looked Back Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryan5892 View Post
    I'm watching tv and see a commercial apparently law firmd are sewing the makers of ambien, lunesta, and one other drug.

Any facts behind this?
    They're sewing them? like stitching them together? haha, sorry. I had to fuck with you on that one, lol. I dont know why, but i tend have a strong urge to poke fun at mis-spellings. Love ya Ryan.

back on topic, I saw an article recently about Z drugs causing leukemia and some other form of cancer I can't remember right now. I'll see if I can dig up that article.

Im yo uncle bee bop!!

Health Professional SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opiophelia

back on topic, I saw an article recently about Z drugs causing leukemia and some other form of cancer I can't remember right now. I'll see if I can dig up that article.
    What do you mean by "Z drugs"??

Edit: I had the same thought about "sewing".

Never Looked Back Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks's Avatar

^Lunesta and ambiens drug names both start with a Z and i think some other sleeping pills. I've seen a lot of people here use the term

No glory in them stories of the cold cells
    Or sittin' all night chillin in the motel
    Peepin' out the mini blind waitin' for dope sales
    I write a story bout my life, an call it "Coke Tales"
    The truth is, I'm one man
    The street life, I'm countin' friends all on one hand
    The sad part, I aint even got to 5 yet
    Unless you count this pistol and this fuckin pyrex

Never Looked Back Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlue View Post
    Like B&S said both of those drugs have Zs in their name. Lunesta is Eszopiclone and Ambien is Zolpidem. There's a few others that start with Zs or have Zs in their names. I like to think of it as a double entendre because ZZzzzz indicates sleeping.

Im yo uncle bee bop!!

Opiophile smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey's Avatar

ambien causing cancer i have not heard of, but ambien causing schizophrenia i can tell you is true. a good friend of mine from elementry school developed one of the worst forms of schizophrenia from a short stint of using ambien. the guy is a trained judo fighter, and has schizophrenia that'll make the worst badass' balls shake.
    Everything written by 'smokey' is a work of pure fiction. It's not true folks.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...8.00685.x/full

There's a few good peer reviewed journal articles like the one above linking zolpidem and Eszopiclone to cancer. It has been shown to cause melanoma and other epithelial skin malignancies. If you use Google Scholar (database of scholarly articles) to search for "zolpidem and cancer" you get quite a few articles about the link to cancers.

--- auto merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    ambien causing cancer i have not heard of, but ambien causing schizophrenia i can tell you is true. a good friend of mine from elementry school developed one of the worst forms of schizophrenia from a short stint of using ambien. the guy is a trained judo fighter, and has schizophrenia that'll make the worst badass' balls shake.
    From what Ive read there are is no direct correlation between ambien and schizophrenia. There's evidence that when it's used to treat schizophrenia the patient can get Extrapyramidal Syndrome- that is involuntary movements, such as those hallmarked by parkinson's disease. here's a good article about that: http://www.nature.com/clpt/journal/v.../6100069a.html

Im yo uncle bee bop!!

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlue View Post

Edit: I had the same thought about "sewing".

Worse part is my nod was like a minute too long and i cant edit it.

and whoever asked if they mentioned a specific cancer no, they jsut said cancer.

Opiophile smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opiophelia View Post

From what Ive read there are is no direct correlation between ambien and schizophrenia. There's evidence that when it's used to treat schizophrenia the patient can get Extrapyramidal Syndrome- that is involuntary movements, such as those hallmarked by parkinson's disease. here's a good article about that: http://www.nature.com/clpt/journal/v.../6100069a.html
    ive seen it happen before my eyes hunny maybe rare, maybe not but i assure it is was not caused by anything else. a completely normal kid became a crazy motherfucker that almost killed his mom and sister

ive seen it happen before my eyes hunny maybe rare, maybe not but i assure it is was not caused by anything else. a completely normal kid became a crazy motherfucker that almost killed his mom and sister
    How much ambien and how often?

Departed Opiophile chemboy7 has disabled reputation chemboy7's Avatar

How much ambien and how often?
    And how old was he? Schizophrenia usually sets in in the late teens early 20s.

--The Sock Puppet Pervert--

a few times only, his bro told me just once actually but i believe maybe a few more times. and yes chem boy just under 20, he was 19

it most likely just happened at that time, that's when schizophrenia usually starts showing up.

Never Looked Back OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically's Avatar

it most likely just happened at that time, that's when schizophrenia usually starts showing up.
    I think Ryan is correct on this one, it is most likely a mere coincidence that his symptoms began showing.

I really highly doubt that anyone can become schizophrenic from only a few doses of Ambien...

Either way, I'm sorry for your friend smokey.
    “I loved when Bush came out and said, 'We are losing the war against drugs." ....You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it!!" ~Bill Hicks

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

a few times only, his bro told me just once actually but i believe maybe a few more times. and yes chem boy just under 20, he was 19
    Like Ryan said, Schizo usually starts showing later in life.

Dude this sucks!

I pretty much live off of sleeping pills.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Pill-Popping Attorney opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq is one bad motherfucker opi,esq's Avatar

"Fear of cancer" claims won't survive the pleading stage in most states. Even if those studies are valid, that alone is not enough to create a triable issue. Also, studies have shown if you live long enough, EVERYONE gets cancer.

Fucking bottom-feeding attorneys...

SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero's Avatar

^^^^^Shit I just got a writ of summons (and $250k lawsuit) from a 20 year old woman who I was in an accident with 3 years and 2 weeks ago. It was a bad accident, my car was totaled, I think the other one was too,and I got a ticket-which was dismissed immediately when I went to court-my insurance paid out 3 years ago, now they're back for more at the trough, good work if you can get it I guess. Sucks for me, the best possible scenario is that I pay a couple of thousand in legal fees, fucking parasites- I hope this girl was on the varsity volleyball team the last 3 years. End derail.

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by opi,esq View Post
    ". Also, studies have shown if you live long enough, EVERYONE gets cancer.

Citation please
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

+ Reply to Thread