Kratom becoming illegal in several US states

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kratom becoming illegal in several US states

Occasionally Opiated anonb is fresh on the scene. anonb is fresh on the scene. anonb is fresh on the scene.

Default Kratom becoming illegal in several US states

Following the introduction of a new law to outlaw synthetic cannabinoids, mephedrone and kratom in Indiana, emergency measures have now been taken to add kratom to the list of legal highs now being banned in Iowa:

http://www.woi-tv.com/story/17243268...w-drug-illegal

The measures are expected to be put in place by today.

Concerns have also been raised recently about kratom in Hawaii, Virginia, Arizona, Louisiana (where it's recently been banned for under-18s) and on national news networks.

As you can imagine the big US kratom forums are now starting to panic as kratom gets swept away along with stims and 'boids over there, and a domino effect starts to happen as different state legislatures play catch-up and hard ball to see who can come down the heaviest on legal highs. Kratom's pretty much a casualty of the hysteria about meph and spice that's now sweeping the US, and I don't reckon it'll be long before this becomes more widespread as states copy legislation from state to state to deal with the legal highs 'problem'.

Most people on the US forums don't realise (because vendors are trying to keep quiet about it to avoid even an bigger panic), but several very large consignments of kratom (50 kilos plus) have recently been seized by US Customs citing that it's a substance listed on the DEA's 'substances of concern' list (where it's been for nearly 10 years now). It's only now though that Customs seem to be acting on their concerns.

So things are now looking pretty bad for kratom overthere.

Over in the US, kratom is a multi-million dollar industry of course and a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money and a lot of users are going to be very unhappy. And a lot of them are gun nuts, so legislator's watch out!

Jr. Opiophile OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing's Avatar

Default Re: Kratom becoming illegal in several US states

Well that sucks for those states.

I gotta say whatever you focus your attention on grows. So there's no need to freak out.

Kratom is actually healthy and it's not a dangerous substance like mephedrone. I dont understand how kratom would get put in this "legal high" category when it's been around for along time. It's not a research chemical and it's not dangerous. Most of us that take it arn't looking for a "high".

Occasionally Opiated anonb is fresh on the scene. anonb is fresh on the scene. anonb is fresh on the scene.

lol.

It doesn't have to do with kratom being healthy or not etc it's politics & pharmalobby ofcourse... Luckily I'm living not in US, where I live there was a discussion to bann kratom 1 year ago but they always postponed it and now it's not even on the agenda anymore I think

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

I can't say enough how much bullshit this is? kratom? really?

Why haven't we banned caffeine again? it's much stronger than kratom. nicotine is much mroe dangerous and addictive than kratom.

This is utter stupidity, putting kratom in a group with jwh series, and mephedrone/MPDV/RCs.

Kratom has been out for a decade+ and has killed no one, this is just fucking stupid, I can't believe it.

You humans love your pain, don't you, you just love being in it.

You even consider it a virtue, cry the most at a funeral, you must be the best person.

You promise to never forget each other, you promise to feel the sting of loss forever.

Because for ya'll, forever is just the blink of an eye, your lives are pathetically brief.

When we say forever, we have to mean it, so we move past our pain,

we heal, we move on, because pain, is a worthless emotion

Opiophorum Member DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly is a jewel in the rough DanTilly's Avatar

As a Virginia resident and avid supporter and user of Kratom this is horrible.

Kratom is a major player in why I've been heroin free for close to 6 months now. Yes, I've slipped up with Suboxone but 90% of the time I keep the PAWS away with just a few grams of Kratom. For people like me this just sends me back to the local black market which caused my problems in the first place.

Virginia, don't ban Kratom!! ughh
    Officer, officer, tell me the truth
    How many times can I get in trouble with you
    Before they lock me up for all the bad things that I do?

Jr. Opiophile OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing's Avatar

I finally figured out why this is so ridiculous. Kratom is a viable alternative to more addictive opiates. It's strength is probably the same as codeine if not below. There really isn't any dependence issues with it. Unless your irresponsible and dosing it like everyday, still the withdrawal is probably less severe then caffeine.

So what's the point in coming down so hard on something that is so harmless and if anything safer then the other choices we have? Not to mention it has a lot of benefits. When I first tried kratom I had Irritable bowel syndrom, it took it right away. When I was down it gave me a little boost. It's probably as far from a bad drug as you can get. It has more benefits then down falls by far. /end rant

Never Looked Back HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates's Avatar

Before long everyone is going to move to Colorado, Oregon or California. The only states that don't have their heads up their asses.

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it". -Thomas Jefferson

"Not Rocka-fella, more like Mr. Cinderella, standing in the rain with a ripped umbrella"

These chemicals of Emeralds
    Last of the free tribes
    What kills your pain is what's giving me vibes

Absentee Landlord Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandMeSomeOpiates View Post
    Before long everyone is going to move to Colorado, Oregon or California. The only states that don't have their heads up their asses.
    California may be liberal in terms of drug laws, but they most certainly have their head shoved firmly up their ass.

Jr. Opiophile Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire has much to be proud of Doublewire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronyraur 2.0 View Post
    California may be liberal in terms of drug laws, but they most certainly have their head shoved firmly up their ass.
    Check. Still no gay marriage. 'least we've got civil unions.
    Inhale deep like the words of my breath
    I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death

Never Looked Back HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HandMeSomeOpiates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronyraur 2.0 View Post
    I was speaking in terms of drug laws.

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it". -Thomas Jefferson

"Not Rocka-fella, more like Mr. Cinderella, standing in the rain with a ripped umbrella"

These chemicals of Emeralds
    Last of the free tribes
    What kills your pain is what's giving me vibes

Absentee Landlord Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandMeSomeOpiates View Post
    I was speaking in terms of drug laws.
    I figured that was the case.

Never Looked Back Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz's Avatar

So the tried & tested drugs everyone liked got clamped down on, although I can't imagine a situation where drugs could be more available unless they sold them in corner shops. But not everyone likes breaking the law.

So people look for legal alternatives amongst the literally countless substances that have desirable psychoactive effects. It's like whack-a-mole, the Western world is spending billions of $$s on prohibition during the worst global recession since the 1930s. The government are fighting a losing war & lives are being lost. Fuckin' crazy.

Benz
    Last edited by Benz; 07-01-2012 at 03:30 AM.

True Blockhead Administrator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

This is designed to punish opiate addicts; the DEA (and by proxy the government) wants to be seen to be doing their job while at the same time 'cracking down' on a fucking substitute drug (one that addicts don't have to pay through the ass and jump through hoops for), and the public wants to see a conclusion to a wholly manufactured media hysteria that they're responsible for in the first place ('think of the children!', yadda schmada)!

Everybody wins...oh, except us.
    Blockhead: "Um, what's a conscience?"

Conscience: "Someone who hates you, but...can't do anything about it.

SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero's Avatar

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the bupe and methadone industries are among those pushing to make kratom illegal. It works, it's cheap. non toxic, much less addictive, natural and you don't need any medical professionals to get it, I bet it scares the shit out of them.

True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar

No one can really be surprised by this - it was only a matter of time.
    And unless something happens, it is only a matter of time until it's a nationally controlled substance, right?

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

Dopiophile Moderator jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub is cooler than ice jdub's Avatar

Fucking garbage. I've never tried the stuff, but it seems like a life-saver for some.
    Save Opiophile
    http://www.gofundme.com/Opiophiles-Last-Chance

“Sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whiskey and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind but falling in love and not getting arrested.”― Hunter S. Thompson

I've always lived by the creed that you're never a failure in life if you fall as long as you try and get back up.

-Evel Knievel

Opiophorum Member alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha is a glorious beacon of light alpha's Avatar
    RIP Paups, Than, Dr.McKay, Chemboy7, Entropy, SouthernBelle, Poonwalla, Frenchy, LALifer, Tigerfan

Quote Originally Posted by OpanaKing View Post
    There really isn't any dependence issues with it. Unless your irresponsible and dosing it like everyday, still the withdrawal is probably less severe then caffeine.
    So what is irresponsible about taking something daily that is less habit forming than coffee? I've been taking it every day for about 6 months now, and it beats the shit out of "responsible" dosing of Suboxone. Even then, I would only take 1/8th the prescribed dose of Sub, and the PAWS from it absolutely sucked.

I believe that if kratom is banned, it is 100% due to the Big Pharma companies and the threat from a compound they can't patent.

Junky la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule is a name known to all la somnambule's Avatar

The day I can't buy Kratom legally, is the day I get off my ass and find me a D hookup (despite long ass time not using). Have I expressed my opinion of slime-ball bureaucrat on here yet.
    Jesus is coming . . . , hide the bong!

+ Reply to Thread