(UPDATING WEBSITE, BE BACK ONLINE SOON - Debora)

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strange experience at CVS buying insulin syringes (PA)

Occasionally Opiated BobTheFiend will become famous soon enough BobTheFiend will become famous soon enough BobTheFiend will become famous soon enough BobTheFiend will become famous soon enough BobTheFiend's Avatar

Needle Strange experience at CVS buying insulin syringes (PA)

So I went to a CVS pharmacy in PA to grab a 10 ct. bag of pokes today and the pharmacy employee threw me for a loop. She asked for ID, which I assumed was for age verification so I complied. She then whipped out a pen and started to copy down my information onto a list. I have purchased rigs at that very store many times in the past and was never carded, much less had records taken.

I tried to get a glance at the title on top of the list, but she quickly covered it up with her free arm. There were about 15 entries already on it. I assumed she thought I was trying to see the names, but I explained I wasn't comfortable with her recording my information without knowing why. She got annoyed and said they needed to know "who was buying what". I tried to press her for specifics, but she ignored me and continued writing my information down. She copied information from the bag of syringes as well (numbers).

I considered snatching my ID back from her, but with all the recent pharmacy robberies I thought it unwise to reach across the counter. I told her I wasn't interested in purchasing the bag of syringes any longer and I did not want my name included in any lists without knowing it's purpose. She said she couldn't remove names from the list so I decided I might as well purchase the syringes since the damage had been done. All this for a few dollar transaction! I can't imagine what the process is to purchase pseudo at this pharmacy.

Does anyone know why they would be gathering this information and can they release this information without my consent?

I would've raised more of a stink, but I had to be at work in 10min and I may have had stuff in my car outside. Tomorrow I have a lot of free time so I will be calling them to get a better explanation. I'm willing to work my way up the chain if needed. Meanwhile, I'd like to get more information about this practice (legality and purpose of it?) so I have my ducks in a row when I call them.

Opiophile smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey's Avatar

Default Re: Strange experience at CVS buying insulin syringes (PA)...

if you decide to move up the chain demanding information, your name may rise up the list of ppl buying insulin rigs, for non insulin injecting purposes, and may get them suspicious to dig deeper in your file(s) know what i mean. unwanted attention if you ask me, just forget about it and don't go back. Sounds to me like another tactic in the """"""drug war""""""
    Everything written by 'smokey' is a work of pure fiction. It's not true folks.

Occasionally Opiated tilly will become famous soon enough tilly will become famous soon enough tilly will become famous soon enough tilly will become famous soon enough

This happened to me once at a cvs in Santa Cruz CA. I used to go there all the time and then one day this girl I did not recognize asked for my id and started lecturing me on how I could be arrested for buying my rigs. I told her it was just for insulin and that I did not understand why she was being so rude...I dont look like the typical junkie but she knew anyways and called me out on my bullshit. I continued to deny it, bought my shit and worried about it for a couple of days. Eventually I realized they cant do anything to me...How do they know you were not buying your rigs for an overweight friend that cant leave the house. Its not enough evidence to prove anything...just a way to get junkies to stop buying their rigs. I would not worry about it too much but either way it could not hurt to have a prepared excuse as to why you were buying rigs that day.

Never Looked Back normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420 has much to be proud of normus420's Avatar

weird I get id'ed all the time when I buy rigs but the coping all your info seems odd. It might just be a new policy there like when you buy stuff containing pseudoephedrine. Or it could be something more sinister like some dea shit or local police collecting info idk but let us know what you find out if you call.

Never Looked Back Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks is one bad motherfucker Bricks & Stacks's Avatar

They just made them legal to buy in PA without a script a couple years ago, like who the fuck did they think would be buying them?

No glory in them stories of the cold cells
    Or sittin' all night chillin in the motel
    Peepin' out the mini blind waitin' for dope sales
    I write a story bout my life, an call it "Coke Tales"
    The truth is, I'm one man
    The street life, I'm countin' friends all on one hand
    The sad part, I aint even got to 5 yet
    Unless you count this pistol and this fuckin pyrex

Junky mac is just really nice mac is just really nice mac is just really nice mac is just really nice mac is just really nice mac is just really nice mac is just really nice mac is just really nice mac is just really nice mac's Avatar

I haven't needed to buy rigs in PA in a few years, and when I did they had just legalized nonprescription purchase. I searched all over the local area to find a place that would sell to me and was rarely successful. I found it easier just to go over the NY border and get them there, where they asked no questions, gave no weird looks, and would rarely ask for ID. In PA, however, the few times they did sell to me they treated me like a piece of garbage and had me provide ID. No one, however, wrote down my information. That doesn't seem right. As a business, I'm pretty sure they need your consent to give your information to a third party.

I agree with smokey that this is probably some kind of drug war tactic, and on one hand I wouldn't want to draw any unwanted attention, but on the other hand I'd really like to find out why they're taking down personal information. Let us know what you find out.
    "We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

"Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Let me be clear about this: I don't have a drug problem, I have a police problem."
    - Keith Richards

Occasionally Opiated BobTheFiend will become famous soon enough BobTheFiend will become famous soon enough BobTheFiend will become famous soon enough BobTheFiend will become famous soon enough BobTheFiend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    if you decide to move up the chain demanding information, your name may rise up the list of ppl buying insulin rigs, for non insulin injecting purposes, and may get them suspicious to dig deeper in your file(s) know what i mean. unwanted attention if you ask me, just forget about it and don't go back. Sounds to me like another tactic in the """"""drug war""""""
    They won't find anything interesting. I'm more pissed off that this is the first time in months I decide to partake and I get treated like a terror suspect/Meth cook (don't mind the avatar ) and now I'm on a list...for buying mundane, inert, non-RX medical supplies! It would've been more agreeable if she had been honest about the records and their purpose. Instead she's making it her personal mission to abruptly, underhandedly collect information about possible drug users (or diabetics)...at a pharmacy no less! And then I get treated like an unreasonable asshole for questioning it!?!? Are people who buy their morning after pills, hemorrhoid cream ,or anal douche kits subjected to such scrutiny? Where is Ms. Nancy Drew pharmacy tech keeping those lists and who has access to them?

I expect a certain amount of privacy at a business that is a major facet of healthcare , especially when I'm buying legitimate, non-prescription items. Any other time it seems like people make medical privacy a priority (HIPAA is borderline ridiculous at times).

What's to stop CVS from selling my information to insurance companies? Is my insurance provider going to pull up this information up when I start becoming too expensive for their liking? What about the gov't using it to determine I'm unfit to hold certain licenses or maybe they'll decide I'm prohibited from owning firearms because I'm an active drug user (just like they did with the Medical Marijuana card holders)?

On a more local, and likely, level; What's to stop Ms. Nancy D. from discussing my purchases with 50 of her closest friends?

I didn't sign any release and nobody provided me with a privacy policy, so is my ass just hanging out in the breeze on this one?

I realize I might be taking this to an extreme, but I'm sick and tired of everyone from fucking Google to the do-gooder pharmacy tech keeping tabs on me.

--- auto merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I haven't needed to buy rigs in PA in a few years, and when I did they had just legalized nonprescription purchase. I searched all over the local area to find a place that would sell to me and was rarely successful. I found it easier just to go over the NY border and get them there, where they asked no questions, gave no weird looks, and would rarely ask for ID. In PA, however, the few times they did sell to me they treated me like a piece of garbage and had me provide ID. No one, however, wrote down my information. That doesn't seem right. As a business, I'm pretty sure they need your consent to give your information to a third party.

I agree with smokey that this is probably some kind of drug war tactic, and on one hand I wouldn't want to draw any unwanted attention, but on the other hand I'd really like to find out why they're taking down personal information. Let us know what you find out.
    I definitely will keep you all posted. It's important for people to know how this information is being used and while I can stand a bit a scrutiny, I'm sure others would rather avoid it.

--- auto merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks & Stacks View Post
    They just made them legal to buy in PA without a script a couple years ago, like who the fuck did they think would be buying them?
    Exactly.

I've been to other pharmacies that refused to sell them without a script. I'm fine with that because it's their prerogative as a private business... I just cross them off the mental list and move on. The CVS thing is passive-aggressive bullshit! I can respect the pharmacies that outright refuse to sell them instead of instituting a bunch of intrusive bullshit to keep a closer eye on them thieving smackheads all while taking their cash.

There's a Rite-Aid in town that will only part with the 100 count boxes instead of the 10 count bags after getting knocked over a few times. I guess the reasoning was to limit the amount of junkie traffic at the pickup counter. I'm sure it was freaking out the blue-hairs too I cut them a little more slack because of the circumstances, plus who wants to deal with a ton of $3 sales when you can unload 10x the amount with the same effort.

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

One of the CVS pharmacies in the ghetto used to do this when you bought rigs (ghetto like you buy the rigs behind the front counter where the cigarettes are, not the pharmacy, crazy), they stopped doing it, I used to do it all the time, they just take my name and I had to sign for them, they also wrote down the batch number or whatever on the rigs, I figured as long as I didn't throw the bag of rigs on the side of the road for a cop to find I'd be fine, no other pharmacy has done this to me?

Does the pharmacy you talking about sell rigs at the front counter or do you gotta go to the pharmacy?
    And when there is no hope...
    ...I smoke some crack I shoot some dope.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan5892 View Post
    One of the CVS pharmacies in the ghetto used to do this when you bought rigs (ghetto like you buy the rigs behind the front counter where the cigarettes are, not the pharmacy, crazy), they stopped doing it, I used to do it all the time, they just take my name and I had to sign for them, they also wrote down the batch number or whatever on the rigs, I figured as long as I didn't throw the bag of rigs on the side of the road for a cop to find I'd be fine, no other pharmacy has done this to me?

Does the pharmacy you talking about sell rigs at the front counter or do you gotta go to the pharmacy?
    At the pharmacy, specifically at the pickup counter.

OpioNoMo SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex!

every cvs and walgreens that sells rigs does that here
    it's a "sharps registry"
    i don't give a fuck as long as i get my cleans

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

yea, I really wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you aren't throwing the bag of rigs on the side of the road like an idiot you will be fine.

Shit I just lost a huge reply I had typed out.

I read a Pharmaceutical journal that discussed the various state laws regarding syringe distribution. The pharmacists can exercise their discretion as long as they follow the minimum standards set by the state laws. There are requirements called "preperscription" limits that require certain information be collected (state specific). The form I saw was likely a generic catch-all form designed to be used in several states. The counterwench did skip several fields on the form and just copied my name and some info from the package (from what I could see).

The pharmacists probably decided to exercise his discretion and go the extra mile to cover his ass. They are dealing with items that can be considered paraphernalia depending on circumstances and who's definition you go by.

I'm still interested to find out who has access to the information, where it's stored, and for how long. Hopefully I'll get in contact with a more reasonable employee tomorrow. Stay tuned...

--- auto merge ---

yea, I really wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you aren't throwing the bag of rigs on the side of the road like an idiot you will be fine.
    It's cool, I usually just pitch them in your yard

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheFiend View Post
    I'm still interested to find out who has access to the information, where it's stored, and for how long. Hopefully I'll get in contact with a more reasonable employee tomorrow. Stay tuned...[COLOR="blue"]
    Looking forward to see what you find.

True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar

CVS was just busted by the fed's for pill pushing.
    The war has moved to the higher ups now - not just users.
    So I would think it's part of their "we're on the right track uncle Sam" new approach.

Let's say they find a rig on the ground some where, they can trace that back to the store that sold it and the person that bought it....

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

Departed Opiophile paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups is better than sex! paups's Avatar

Looking forward to see what you find.
    Me too.

I've been asked for ID but never had my info taken down.

I wouldn't put it past them to go through the log and compare it to peoples RX history. Say you buy rigs weekly and also fill scripts for PM..they could make a call to your Dr. to "unofficially" warn of a possible "medication contraindication"..

I hate CVS. I would just order online in the future..
    [CENTER][URL="http://DEQUINCEYJYNXIE.BLOGSPOT.COM"][IMG]http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/wassytcm/8f14fe52-dc44-474f-b8d3-a0eecde2ed28_zpsec3f742f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]S T A M P[COLOR=white].[/COLOR][COLOR=dimgray] A R C H I V E[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=white].[/COLOR]EST[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=2][COLOR=dimgray][SIZE=3].[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]200[/SIZE]9[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Never Looked Back Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect's Avatar

ain't no thang.
    I've been made to sign shit, show ID, have all kinds of info copied.
    I asked what the deal was once.
    they said "it's to make sure we don't have the same people coming in all of the time for them."
    so just don't go to the same place twice in a row and you should be golden.
    I wouldn't sweat it if I were you, man.

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
    ain't no thang.
    they said "it's to make sure we don't have the same people coming in all of the time for them."
    This is what i was thinking^^^ We have a type of cough syrup that has very minimal codein in it that you can buy at certain pharmacies, they copy down your info and you can only buy it like every three days or something.

Did the lady look at previous pages on the list, like she was checking to see if you had recently bought some rigs?

On the flip side, i say fuck that. Try to find a diff pharm if you can. I'm sure my name is already on enough lists. Im sure if they ever cross reference these lists Ill be labeled a drug addicted, lascivous horn dog junky PE no 1.

I try to avoid lists made by the goct as they never seem to lead to good things.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

OpioNoMo SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex! SHELLEY is better than sex!

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
    ain't no thang.
    i go to the same places all the time, it ain't a thing, if it's legal it's legal no?
    just don't have the goodies in your pocket when you go pick up the rigs just in case

True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEY
    just don't have the goodies in your pocket when you go pick up the rigs just in case
    Or have your gear wrapped in a ticket for having your gear...
    *I still love that one*

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by alowishus View Post
    Or have your gear wrapped in a ticket for having your gear...
    *I still love that one*
    LOL!

I got a late start today. I'm composing myself before I call. Last night was a good night, but I'm paying for it today

I'm going to ask what the purpose the documentation serves, who has access to the records, is there any expectation of privacy concerning these records, and how long the records are kept. Hopefully I won't get shot down and I can wrap this up in a single call, but I'll go where ever it takes me.

--- auto merge ---

Just spoke to the pharmacist, nice guy.

He said they just started the practice of recording who is buying syringes in order to keep track of how frequently individuals purchase them. He said that if the same people are buying small packages of syringes frequently it is an indicator of illegal use.

I asked who has access to the records and he said they keep them in house. I then asked what happens if they determine and individual is buying them for illegal use, and he stated they simply refuse to sell them syringes. I asked if they would be compelled to notify law enforcement after they make that determination and he said no.

He freely admitted that logging syringe purchases (without a script) isn't required by PA law and he's using his personal discretion with this practice.

I did ask how long they keep the records and a bit more about the privacy stuff, but he didn't really have an answer. Honestly, it seems like they're kinda making it up as they go along so there's no definite procedures about handling the records.

Reading between the lines and using some information I learned from my research, I believe this guy is just covering his ass. He's documented that he made a reasonable effort to ensure he's not supplying syringes for illegal purposes by keeping and reviewing these records. Some of of the laws in other states pretty much require pharmacists to make these hollow efforts.

Occasionally Opiated BlueDevil863 is fine is an unknown quantity at this point

This is one reason I am a huge advocate of the Syringe Exchange program. I don't know the availability of them in your area, but in NYC they're pretty prevalent. While they're big in NYC, there isn't a single one on Long Island because of the abundance of rich conservatives.

So whenever I head into Brooklyn to pickup a bundle or 2, I stop by the exchange in Bushwick and pickup a box of 27g 1cc 1/2" syringes and whatever other supplies I need/need to distribute. I would prefer 30-31g short(1/4")tip, but 27g isn't horrible and it's a free box so I'm definitely not turning them down.

They also supply me with Naloxone(Narcan) in 2 different forms. Obviously the first being the vials of liquid .4mg/ml and the other is a nasal preparation which I think is cool, but I would prefer the more rapid onset of IM administration. The few minutes it takes for the insufflated Naloxone to get into your bloodstream could be there difference between life and death.

Never Looked Back lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings has much to be proud of lord of the pings's Avatar

I buy my rigs at wallgreens all the time i have never been asked for ID and i sure as fuck would never allow them to take my info. The excuse they are using makes no sense. how can they say if you are using them illegally based on how frequent you buy them. sure if you were buying a bag everyday but buying a bag a week is not unreasonable. sounds like bullshit man

Opiophile smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey's Avatar

When me and the homie would enter walgreens for him to buy his 10pack, like clockwork they would do a coded announcement for security to get on the floor. and im talking about every single 1 we went to in all of LA, and we had never done an illegal thing in any 1 of them. I think once they did ask for ID tho, i don't remember a worker noting his info though, I think the pharmacists was telling the truth, like some1 said to cover his ass basically. 3bucks aint worth attention from official drug war enforcers.
    Everything written by 'smokey' is a work of pure fiction. It's not true folks.

Never Looked Back Larkin has disabled reputation Larkin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheFiend View Post
    LOL!

I got a late start today. I'm composing myself before I call. Last night was a good night, but I'm paying for it today

I'm going to ask what the purpose the documentation serves, who has access to the records, is there any expectation of privacy concerning these records, and how long the records are kept. Hopefully I won't get shot down and I can wrap this up in a single call, but I'll go where ever it takes me.

--- auto merge ---

Just spoke to the pharmacist, nice guy.

He said they just started the practice of recording who is buying syringes in order to keep track of how frequently individuals purchase them. He said that if the same people are buying small packages of syringes frequently it is an indicator of illegal use.

I asked who has access to the records and he said they keep them in house. I then asked what happens if they determine and individual is buying them for illegal use, and he stated they simply refuse to sell them syringes. I asked if they would be compelled to notify law enforcement after they make that determination and he said no.

He freely admitted that logging syringe purchases (without a script) isn't required by PA law and he's using his personal discretion with this practice.

I did ask how long they keep the records and a bit more about the privacy stuff, but he didn't really have an answer. Honestly, it seems like they're kinda making it up as they go along so there's no definite procedures about handling the records.

Reading between the lines and using some information I learned from my research, I believe this guy is just covering his ass. He's documented that he made a reasonable effort to ensure he's not supplying syringes for illegal purposes by keeping and reviewing these records. Some of of the laws in other states pretty much require pharmacists to make these hollow efforts.
    because diabetics wouldnt frequently buy syringes? dont they need to IM insulin atleast once daily?

Occasionally Opiated Enigma is an unknown quantity at this point

I buy boxes of syringes at Walgreens about once a month. I've never been asked ID. Not even to check my age. I know they recognize me by now, but I don't give hoot. They are way to busy to give me a second look. Apparently, it's legal to buy syringes in WA state without a prescription. I'm extremely grateful I can buy them without a hassle. The exchange program around here does not give out the smaller gauge needles that I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    because diabetics wouldnt frequently buy syringes? dont they need to IM insulin atleast once daily?
    The pharmacist believes legitimate customers would be buying rigs less frequently and in bulk, OR buying small packages infrequently due to mistakes in their regular scripted supply.

I understand the reasoning behind it, flawed as it is.

More to the point, I don't really believe it's a sincere effort to begin with. He's just doing it to protect himself and isn't concerned with the validity of his standards.

All The Rage Back Home FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin

Diabetics with insurance still get a script written for them, otherwise insurance won't cover them....not that there aren't plenty of diabetics without insurance, just making an observation.

What I find most interesting about this whole thread isn't so much the collection of personal information, but the lot number of the rigs coupled with it.

That means if you give a clean rig to your buddy in the name of harm reduction and he/she OD's and dies, your info is now attached to that syringe.

I find it hard to believe that those two pieces of information are solely for the pharmacies internal use only, and even if it is, LE could probably get reasonably easy access to it anyway.

Junky Shanellie is a jewel in the rough Shanellie is a jewel in the rough Shanellie is a jewel in the rough Shanellie is a jewel in the rough Shanellie is a jewel in the rough Shanellie is a jewel in the rough Shanellie is a jewel in the rough Shanellie is a jewel in the rough Shanellie's Avatar

Default Re: Strange experience at CVS buying insulin syringes (PA)

I hate CVS... They make me so mad. What happened to harm reduction? What gives some stick-up-the-ass pharmacist the right to decide who gets to use a clean sharp? if they are legal to be sold without a prescription, that should be that. Enough with the whole 'at the discretion ofthe pharmacist" BS. They are legal in my state. I look very 'normal'. I went to try to buy at a CVS that others had told me they had success at when I ran out of supply.

When I asked the tech (younger girl) to buy a box, she first said yes, then noticed the older woman pharm looking at her- and asked her 'we sell insulin syringes, don't we?" and this bitch looked at me and says, "no, only if you have your insulin script here." I told her I lived 30 min away and had my script at a different chain- even knewvenough to explain why I needed what I was looking for, but at that point they are both looking at me like I'm total trash, and had nothing see to say. So humiliating. It's just wrong that people are allowed not only to judge others on the spot, but to make a decision to withhold an item that reduces harm.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofnormalcy View Post
    What I find most interesting about this whole thread isn't so much the collection of personal information, but the lot number of the rigs coupled with it.

That means if you give a clean rig to your buddy in the name of harm reduction and he/she OD's and dies, your info is now attached to that syringe.

I find it hard to believe that those two pieces of information are solely for the pharmacies internal use only, and even if it is, LE could probably get reasonably easy access to it anyway.

I'm looking at BD and reli-on (walmart) syringes right now, the lot number isn't availiable on the syringe, only the bag.

Maybe just rip the bag to shreds right after you buy em, in case you get fucked up and leave the bag somewhere it doesn't need to be...

A lot of pharmacies around me stopped selling rigs cuz junkies will buy rigs from their pharmacy then shoot up and throw the used fits out into their parking lot, fucking ignorant people....

Never Looked Back Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia has much to be proud of Opiophelia's Avatar

I just went to a CVS here in Chicago and they copied down my info! Ive bought rigs at this pharmacy numerous times and never had them write down my info. When I asked her why she was writing down my info she said "new company policy"

Good thing I use a fake ID when I buy needles.

But, still, its fucking intrusive as hell. There's no need for them to keep a "junkie register"... shit for all they know, I really am diabetic. assholes.

Im yo uncle bee bop!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast