Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teva Generic Opana

Occasionally Opiated OpanaMan is an unknown quantity at this point OpanaMan's Avatar

Icon6 Teva Generic Opana

Any body seen the new generic Opana by Teva? 10's marked 93 O2 and 5's marked 93 O1?
    It's got me realy curious, especialy wondering if they're any good for IV.
    Just in time for the endo shortage too =]

True Opiophile upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007's Avatar

Default Re: New Generic Opana

Generic IR Opana has been out for quite a while which is what you are talking about.

The ER Opana is what everyone is worried about. Especially if they end up like the oxy OPs.

And yes, those generic IRs should be ok for IV. Well, as good as any pill can be for IV use. Be careful
    it's up or out and the ladder's on fire

Occasionally Opiated oxymorphojuanadone is fresh on the scene. oxymorphojuanadone is fresh on the scene. oxymorphojuanadone's Avatar

i'm pretty sure the shortage he's talking about is the endo "opana might be in an excedrin bottle" mix-up that's causing them to not ship as many opanas, hence why it's good that there are companies besides endo making/shipping opana; he wasn't talking about the switch over that opana ER will be receiving.

now back to the topic on hand, i've had a few friends get those specific generic opanas and had no problem IVing them. i'm not an IV user so i don't know firsthand, but i have watched my friends prep them and bang them, so they should be safe (or, as upstate said, as safe as shooting pills in general is).

Health Professional jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill's Avatar

^
    The thing is, he titled it "New Generic Opana". There is no "new" generic Opana, it's the same doses of generic oxymorphone that have been available for a while, the 5 & 10 mg IR's for about a year, and the 7.5 and 15 mg ERs that have been available for about 6-7 months.

We did get a pharmacy notice that there may be delays in delivering Opana brand tablets in specific strengths listed (I don't have the letter at home) to pharmacies for a while.
    JILL
    *Disclaimer: Any information provided or requested in this post is not intended to imply or constitute the existence of a patient/professional relationship between any parties. It is for informational purposes only, unless otherwise under written contract with this writer.

Occasionally Opiated OpanaMan is an unknown quantity at this point OpanaMan's Avatar

Yes, I kno that generic oxymorphone has been out for a while, but ive only seen the endo and roxane brand generics. The roxane brand has microcrystalline cellulose which makes it more dangerous to IV than the endo generics or name brand opana, but I believe that specificaly the teva brand generics are new, although I could be wrong. I was mostly concerned about the aluminum oxide in the teva's, which I dont kno much about. I know that the endo's weather the generic or namebrand are the safest to shoot, and since getting my pharmacy to order the endo brand generics is becoming a hassle, I was wondering if the teva's would be a better alternitave to the roxane's.

Health Professional jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill's Avatar

They're not actually "brands" of generics, they are manufacturers. A lot of times the generic is made by one company and distributed by another.

So, your point of this was to bring up that Teva now has generics? Looked as if there was some confusion by the lack of responses and the guessing in the ones that are here.

Is there something else you would like me to title this thread instead? VM me, if so, with what you want it.
    JILL
    *Disclaimer: Any information provided or requested in this post is not intended to imply or constitute the existence of a patient/professional relationship between any parties. It is for informational purposes only, unless otherwise under written contract with this writer.

Thanks Jill, but I'll just let the thread die out, I guess Its not as significant of a subject as I thought lol. I appreciate the offered help and corrections tho! =]

Never Looked Back Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack's Avatar

I know I'm late to the post but I just wanted to state for future visitors that these generic IR's ARE easy to prep for injection but the pills are harder to crush.
    Wanna play Halo 3, COD: MW2(B BP's too) or Read Dead Redemption via Xbox 360 Live - VM me your account info...

"if youre seeing a sub doctor, are explanations really necessary? " - fauxflavored
    "We just clean up the mess these people make when they shit the bed..." - Brony reguarding banning solicitors
    "I was not at all leery about trying coke. However, I knew something was up when I couldn't smell Thanksgiving dinner one year. " - Dhedmo
    "We still do that? Yeah, the sad thing is [that] we don't even use real people anymore, just socks with buttons sewn on" - In Plain Sight: Season Finale (S02E15)
    "Let's see. Hose clamp = legal. Scripted Oxy = legal. Oxy on hose clamp = jail." - sofitel
    "DO NOT CHEW OR CRUSH & TRY TO INJECT EMBEDA UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT INSTANT ONSET UNTREATABLE WITHDRAWALS.
    You have been forwarned......"-PoppyLvr
    "And when I see the red bloom -- fuck, I'm practically foaming at the mouth. Pavlov would be proud."-dugwylor
    "I don't care how hot the woman is, an asshole has one purpose- and it's not a pretty purpose, LOL! urghh..." - goodgirlgonebad
    "my man fuzzy slippers told me da word on da street is that plugging oxy in your urethra will get you super duper fucked up man. i'm gonna try it as soon as i get the chance...can't wait to penis plug!!! -FiendMan

Junky austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough

how bout railing? Been railin for a while now notice my tolerence is high. used to only do 60 er railed. now, 80mg opana er is hardly anything near what I started in only 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by austinslacker View Post
    how bout railing? Been railin for a while now notice my tolerence is high. used to only do 60 er railed. now, 80mg opana er is hardly anything near what I started in only 6 years.

I don't understand what your question is. What you are describing just sounds like regular tolerance issues.
    JILL

OpioNoMo ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker

Quote Originally Posted by jill View Post
    I don't understand what your question is. What you are describing just sounds like regular tolerance issues.
    i hope it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ausativa View Post
    i hope it was a joke.
    Yeah, I do too...but I feel like he was trying to ask something I wasn't understanding.

Also, BTW, I changed the title to "Teva Generic Opana" rather than "New Generic Opana" as people were still posting in it, and the original title did not accurately reflect the thread content OP intended.
    JILL

Never Looked Back Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay's Avatar

Anyone know when the other strengths like the 40's and such are going to be availible as a generic ?
    I heard it is supposed to happen this year, right about the same time as the new Opana TRF/ERs come out.

OpioNoMo pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about

I think Watson is supposed to start a limited generic Opana this September (old version) Then another manufacturer will start a few months later. This was to settle a lawsuit with Endo. I dont know the specifics, but they are supposed to be the old school opana and they are limited on the amounts, etc. Also, Endo gets a cut. If Watson didn't settle, they could have dragged it out in court for like 3 years. So, the good news about this whole Opana deal is that we will get the old school ones but will have to wait for a few months.

Plus, most doctors "should" know what the differences are and if they write "brand name only" your stuck with the TR kind. So, play the "Im poor" routine and ask for generics. Also, Ive heard that they will be making the TR kind very very soon, (which sucks) Im hoping that the iso method or the soak method works. It should, but who knows...

I know of a few people that swear by the soaking method and dont do it any other way. If the new ones are ok with this, then it really will just be a small bump in the road. Then get generics this fall...

the sky isnt falling, it just looks like it is, lol...

Never Looked Back Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay's Avatar

I have been calling pharmacies all day trying to find any generic 10s and nobody seems to have them and they say they cant order them !
    WTF ? Its not like TEVA and Roxanne us having a shortage !

I am getting pissed becuase when I see my doc in a few days I want to make sure I can at least get some generics !

I found a discount card that has the generic 10s for right around $2 a pill which is pretty darn good !

OpioNoMo pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about

yea, that's weird. Remember, most pharmacies wont give too much info over the phone when it comes to schedule 2's go to a mom and pop and ask them to order them in. It shouldnt be too hard, unless the shortage has hit those as well. I tried to see if a pharmacy that i used to use had the opana 40's in and they said no and couldnt order any. It will just take some phone calling.. btw, where did you get that card?

Quote Originally Posted by pokergooch View Post
    yea, that's weird. Remember, most pharmacies wont give too much info over the phone when it comes to schedule 2's go to a mom and pop and ask them to order them in. It shouldnt be too hard, unless the shortage has hit those as well. I tried to see if a pharmacy that i used to use had the opana 40's in and they said no and couldnt order any. It will just take some phone calling.. btw, where did you get that card?
    Today I spent another 2 hours making calls and all I could come up with as far as the 10s go is 1 place that had brand name 10s , but only had 120 tabs..my script is for 150, plus they wanted $740 damn dollars for them and would not take any discount cards !

Fuck that shit !

I wont spend that much for 120 opanas no matter how good they are for me !

Just got a refill today for my oxymorphone 10 mg tabs and I got these Teva 10 mg IR tabs.
    They are red and oval marked 93/02.
    I will see how they are and report back.

--- auto merge ---

We'll here is the update.

Freaking great pill!

Very little filler compared to both the old brand name Opana. IR by endo and way less filler and hardly any if no talc that swells up like from the Roxanne tablets.

Also they are very soft and very easy to crush .

As far as potency ..I would say just about the same as Roxannebut a little weaker than the Endo tablets.

But as you know the Endo tabs have been on long term back order for over a year .

I am surprised that no one else has talked about these yet.

I checked Tevas website and it looks like they started shipping these out the beginning of April 2013.

Departed Opiophile entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy is one bad motherfucker entropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
    Just got a refill today for my oxymorphone 10 mg tabs and I got these Teva 10 mg IR tabs.
    They are red and oval marked 93/02.
    I will see how they are and report back.

--- auto merge ---

We'll here is the update.

Freaking great pill!

Very little filler compared to both the old brand name Opana. IR by endo and way less filler and hardly any if no talc that swells up like from the Roxanne tablets.

Also they are very soft and very easy to crush .

As far as potency ..I would say just about the same as Roxannebut a little weaker than the Endo tablets.

But as you know the Endo tabs have been on long term back order for over a year .

I am surprised that no one else has talked about these yet.

I checked Tevas website and it looks like they started shipping these out the beginning of April 2013.
    how much does a prescription for these generics cost? i'm thinking about asking my doctor to change me to opana IR instead of oxys, but opana isn't covered by my insurance.
    Phew
    For a minute there
    I lost myself

Find what you love and let it kill you. - Bukowski

The cash price is 4.12 per pill for the 10 mg tabs.

I just wanted to let you guys know that the pharmacy I use has been getting the generic Teva 10 mg oxymorphone IR tabs for about 4 months straight. They used to only be able to get the Roxanne generic but when they switched I got half Roxanne and the other half was Teva.

The tevas were so much better in every aspect.
    they are stronger. They have much less filler. Crush very easily and the bonus is they are the same color as the endo pink IRs. They are absoluteley the best generic breakthrough med I have ever had besides the original brand name 10 mg Opana IRs.

Junky Opana has a spectacular aura about Opana has a spectacular aura about Opana has a spectacular aura about Opana has a spectacular aura about Opana has a spectacular aura about Opana has a spectacular aura about Opana has a spectacular aura about Opana's Avatar

That's awesome man.

Occasionally Opiated LolRJ will become famous soon enough LolRJ will become famous soon enough LolRJ will become famous soon enough LolRJ will become famous soon enough LolRJ will become famous soon enough

I just wanted to let you guys know that the pharmacy I use has been getting the generic Teva 10 mg oxymorphone IR tabs for about 4 months straight. They used to only be able to get the Roxanne generic but when they switched I got half Roxanne and the other half was Teva.

The tevas were so much better in every aspect.
    they are stronger. They have much less filler. Crush very easily and the bonus is they are the same color as the endo pink IRs. They are absoluteley the best generic breakthrough med I have ever had besides the original brand name 10 mg Opana IRs.
    Are these prepped with water or that alcohol extraction method, just curious.

Never Looked Back PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LolRJ View Post
    Are these prepped with water or that alcohol extraction method, just curious.
    i pretty sure they still require the ISO method.

not 100% though as i havent tried them personaly
    The above is not reccomended information as it goes against the harm reduction goal of thise site.

These Teva 10 mg oxymorphone tabs are instant release. they are small pink pills (same color as the brand name ones) the shape is oval .
    They crush up very easy and all you need to do is mix em with water( I use sterile baCTERIOSTSTIC water) .
    There is no need at all to use alcolhol for an extraction. you only do that with the ER type oxymorphones.

These are just as good as the original pink 10s made by Endo, but I have heard from a few people thaqt ever since the regular (IR) OPana 10s have been back on the market that they changed them somehow and they do not mix as well in water.
    I personally have not had the Endo brand since they came back on the market a few months ago.
    The white 10s made by roxanne are really bad becuase they contain a ton of filler but they do still work if you use enough water.

When it comes to oxymorphone/Opana in my opinion its best to sniff the ER tabs and IV the IR tabs (If you are not taking them as prescribed). Of course if I did not have such a high tolerance and I was just put on these meds I would just take them orally as presribed. But its a little too late for that.

Also since we are on this subject I am pretty sure that on Sept 1 2013 Endo has lost its patent completely on Opana ER (old formulation), so we may start to see thr other generic ER start to hit the market soon.

I am curious what types of times release and possible anti-abuse systems they may end up using (if any).
    I am so gld that the whole fiasco that Endo caused by reformulating the Opan Er tabs is finally over and that the FDA has allowed the generic oxymorphone to stay on the market. Especially since at the beginning of the year the same thing came up with the original OC patent, but the FDA banned them for good.

Never Looked Back PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills has conned a lot of people to get this much rep PriceofPills's Avatar

These Teva 10 mg oxymorphone tabs are instant release. they are small pink pills (same color as the brand name ones) the shape is oval .
    They crush up very easy and all you need to do is mix em with water( I use sterile baCTERIOSTSTIC water) .
    There is no need at all to use alcolhol for an extraction. you only do that with the ER type oxymorphones.

These are just as good as the original pink 10s made by Endo, but I have heard from a few people thaqt ever since the regular (IR) OPana 10s have been back on the market that they changed them somehow and they do not mix as well in water.
    I personally have not had the Endo brand since they came back on the market a few months ago.
    The white 10s made by roxanne are really bad becuase they contain a ton of filler but they do still work if you use enough water.

When it comes to oxymorphone/Opana in my opinion its best to sniff the ER tabs and IV the IR tabs (If you are not taking them as prescribed). Of course if I did not have such a high tolerance and I was just put on these meds I would just take them orally as presribed. But its a little too late for that.

Also since we are on this subject I am pretty sure that on Sept 1 2013 Endo has lost its patent completely on Opana ER (old formulation), so we may start to see thr other generic ER start to hit the market soon.

I am curious what types of times release and possible anti-abuse systems they may end up using (if any).
    I am so gld that the whole fiasco that Endo caused by reformulating the Opan Er tabs is finally over and that the FDA has allowed the generic oxymorphone to stay on the market. Especially since at the beginning of the year the same thing came up with the original OC patent, but the FDA banned them for good.
    oops i thought we were talking about ERs
    The above is not reccomended information as it goes against the harm reduction goal of thise site.

+ Reply to Thread