(UPDATING WEBSITE, BE BACK ONLINE SOON - Debora)

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Methadone shelf life (at room temp)

Opiophorum Member Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot's Avatar

Default Methadone shelf life (at room temp)

Hi guys,

Im going to spend the next 9 days with my family for the holidays and I got my self 2 bottles of methadone in juice that contain 100mgs each. (20mgs/day should hold me while Im gone, and I may even taper me clean if all works out)

Ive been keeping them both frozen and one is expired by 2 months and the other has a label saying its good till next month. The guy who sold me the bottles kept them frozen too and I know his expired methadone is still good (probably because he freezes it)

I cant keep them cold during my holiday, the bottles will just be in my bag at room temperature (for 9 days) and Im a little worried they will go bad...or lose potency. Will that happen?

Thanks

PS I bought another bottle a few days ago and have drank 20mgs per day during the last few days with no other opiates....and I havent felt a single WD!! Sweet
    Some fancy phrase goes here.

The Legend GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS's Avatar

Default Re: Methadone shelf life (at room temp)

well don't quote me on this
    Butt- I can not image any reason why a bottle of clinic methadone would "GO BAD"
    in 9 days or 2 weeks at room temp.
    The methadone itself certainly won't
    best to keep all meds in a safe dark spot, avoid direct sunlight

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

slightl ot, but a few years ago when i was still pretty new to opiate addiction i had arranged to go on a road trip with a friend (who had no idea of my habit at the time, but funnily enough was the guy who introduced me to pst, and also picked up a habit soon after me). i'd only experienced withdrawals once, and knew travelling with a habit would be a bitch. I made up a brew of pst from about 2kg of seeds and reduced it enough to fit in a 1l plastic bottle. i added raro (juice powder) to make it palatable. after about 4 days (it was mid summer) the juice had started to ferment and by day 5-6 it was probably about 5% alcohol and each time i'd go to take a drink the bottle was all expanded with gas! of course it didn't stop me drinking it, and i swear i got a better buzz after it had started fermenting.

moral of the story: i was fine. until it ran out.

Opiophorum Member Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot has a spectacular aura about Buckshot's Avatar

Icon6 Re: Methadone shelf life (at room temp)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD N DIEMONDS View Post
    well don't quote me on this
    Butt- I can not image any reason why a bottle of clinic methadone would "GO BAD"
    in 9 days or 2 weeks at room temp.
    The methadone itself certainly won't
    best to keep all meds in a safe dark spot, avoid direct sunlight
    Thank you soooo much, I cant tell you the confidence you have given me and how this lets me enjoy my Christmas holiday....Not having to spend so much energy avoiding WD's will allow me to enjoy Christmas a lot more.

Happy Holidays guys

:cool:

Never Looked Back danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny's Avatar

i posted a similar thread to this some time ago, only the methadone in question was - i think - over 2 years old, and i got pretty much the same response on here ie yeah, it should be good....drank it and it seemed alright, i thought it had maybe lost a tiny bit of poke but i dunno whether that was me being overly aware of it being old, i think if id drank it as normal not knowing it was a couple years old i wouldnt have noticed the blindest little bit of difference, in other words go for it and dont worry....

ps whats the score with freezing your methadone, does that make it last better? it dont separate it out or anything does it?
    IN THE G-BUILDING/TAKIN ALL KINDS OF MEDICINES...
    'scooby doo' - sunrise unknown...sunset 1200am 4/11/2013...rest in peace my son...

After reading this the only good reason I can see for freezing the methadone is to keep the juice from getting sour and growing bacteria

Occasionally Opiated NYC STAMPS is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah you will be fine, I went to Europe for 2 weeks and had 14 bottles in my bag for those 2 weeks, didn't notice any difference. I always use ice cold water or cold juice to drink, just goes down easier, it shouldn't be any problem.

Occasionally Opiated DESIBEAR is fresh on the scene. DESIBEAR is fresh on the scene. DESIBEAR's Avatar

The only thing that happens to most expired meds is they lose potency so I dont think you have much to worry about...other than your juice. that might go bad.
    Desi Bear :cool:

Opiophorum Member whiterobot122 is an unknown quantity at this point whiterobot122's Avatar

as long as the syrup isn't watered down it doesn't need to be frozen. No syrups are required to be frozen, methadone syrup is to be kept at room temperature out of light. It won't go bad or lose potency at all.

Occasionally Opiated Supreme is fresh on the scene. Supreme is fresh on the scene. Supreme's Avatar

The clinic im at you can get 28 bottles if you been there long enough,I asked one guy who had a huge lock-box where does he keep it and he told me in his sock drawer.I wouldnt freeze it that could mess the potency up.I got 3 vitamin bottles from the days I get bottles but go out and cop and I keep them in a sock at room temp never had a problem with it.Gotta save some meth in case the clinic burns down

+ Reply to Thread