Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burning Vein Upon Injection

Opiophorum Member hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo's Avatar

Default Burning Vein Upon Injection

I have pretty good veins, usually, and have never blown or otherwise totally fucked any of them up. I rotate a lot, use small, sharp points, practice good technique, etc.

I did .2 of h last night, then this morning did the rinse of that and a shot of oxy at the same time... used the same vein.

I've noticed, especially with the h, when I shoot into this one vein it BURNS like crazy. It feels like alcohol in my vein until it gets to the top of my arm, and only last for a second. The first time it happened I thought something was way wrong, because it feels so strange and alarming.

I am not missing at all, I feel every bit of my shot there. It just burns. Ideas?

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Default Re: Burning Vein Upon Injection

Artery? could be a lot of things.

Maybe stop using that vein,huh.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Opiophorum Member hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo is just really nice hansardo's Avatar

Yeah... register, depress the plunger, then it burns for a minute.

Obviously not gonna use that vein for a while... I am still curious though. Thought it was the dope at first but it seems to do it with oxy, too.

Definitely not an artery... if my arm is outstretched with the palm of my hand down, its the vein on the topside of my arm, that runs all the way to the hand down the very middle. Its just strange and scared the shit out of me.
    Last edited by hansardo; 12-10-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Opiophile MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC's Avatar

i've noticed a slight burning sensation when i bang my methadone tabs. never have it with dope or any other pharmies, but with the done i can feel a slight burning traveling up my arm. *shrug*

Health Professional candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy's Avatar

It may be that vein is irritated and that is what is causing the burning sensation.
    Hitting an artery is an experience most don't forget. It is extremely painful and difficult to inject.
    I would stop using that vein for a while.
    Have you noticed any redness in that area?
    Are you filtering those shots of oxy well before injection?

Keep an eye on that area and watch for any changes, such as redness, inflammation, and pain.

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen's Avatar

That vein is irritated (phlebitis) so it screams when you mess with it some more.

Are you using BTH? Does your shot taste really sour? You can balance your shot's pH by adding a little bit of baking soda.

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

Candy, yeah, I double filter through tight cotton... and I have noticed a histamine reaction along the vein when shooting the h.

Morefeen, no I'm using ECP.

It may well be irritated... I hadn't really thought of that - never happened before.

Occasionally Opiated Python has a spectacular aura about Python has a spectacular aura about Python has a spectacular aura about Python has a spectacular aura about Python has a spectacular aura about Python has a spectacular aura about Python's Avatar

holy f--k! ive had the same exp. on a tube on the center of both my hands, so i wrote those two off. just 10 min ago, i slammed half a ML into a "new one" on my inner arm, registered ok, so let er have it, before i even got half the load out, my arm literally felt like i just poured LAVA into that pipe, everything from an inch below my elbow to my fingertips was cooking!!! ive never felt anything like that before in my life, unbelievable pain, followed by swelling and a blood red hand. it was my first time in that one, so its gotta be a nerve or an artery.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Departed Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

need a lollipop.
    collapsed far upstream perhaps?
    dunno the condition of your veins but ive had a small number of times where that same vein(likely) LOOKED just fine, still does.
    but the blood in it is black and registers very weakly.
    if im foolish enough to try to push dope into it i find YES it hurts, doesnt fully get me high, and makes a ton of missed/leaking/infecting pools of filth in and around said vein.

that vein may be done for.
    leave it be(AND stay away from anything connected to it)
    maybe it comes back and everything fixes itself.
    maybe it wont.
    maybe youll wind up in a much worse situation because you been ignoring your body and shooting there anyhow?

also,
    after prepping anything, PH will usually do well with some adjustment...

BUFFER DAT SHIZ.
    [SIZE=2][B]
    "...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."[/B][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][B] -quantam leaps, bernstein.[/B][/SIZE][/B]

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Opiophorum Member opi will become famous soon enough opi will become famous soon enough opi will become famous soon enough opi will become famous soon enough opi will become famous soon enough opi's Avatar

It could be a cut in your Heroin. I was reading something the other day saying that they are starting to find levamisole heroin.
    Here is the link :http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/...j8-1_16-23.pdf
    "Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard
    It'll leave you physically, mentally, and emotionally scarred"-50 Cent

Never Looked Back strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks is a glorious beacon of light strikks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by opi View Post
    It could be a cut in your Heroin. I was reading something the other day saying that they are starting to find levamisole heroin.
    Here is the link :http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/...j8-1_16-23.pdf
    EWWW
    THE MONKEY ON MY BACK HAS A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER!!!

FARE THEE WELL!! If we all lived by "an
    eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" we would all be blind and toothless----Mahatma Gandhi
    "You'd rather STAND KNEE DEEP in shit ,then let the world see you with a SHOVEL"----the wire

Never Looked Back pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strikks View Post
    EWWW
    I would also say it is probably be the ph. The natural ph for humans is something like 8.4 IIRC, so if your dope is too acidic or basic, it can be a little painful when shooting. It gets diluted by your blood quite a bit, so I dont think it is enough to completely denature the cells in your veins, but it does do some damage.

“God, but life is loneliness, despite all the opiates, despite the shrill tinsel gaiety of "parties" with no purpose, despite the false grinning faces we all wear. And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter - they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long. Yes, there is joy, fulfillment and companionship - but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering.”
    - Sylvia Plath

If I treated someone else the way I treat myself, I'd be in jail. - Of Montreal

It was happening with oxy, heroin, whatever. I think it was just irritated; I stayed away from that vein and its all good. Thanks.

Never Looked Back Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear has much to be proud of Woody Bear's Avatar
    South East, UK about 1 hour out from London.

Quote Originally Posted by pullmyhair View Post
    I would also say it is probably be the ph. The natural ph for humans is something like 8.4 IIRC, so if your dope is too acidic or basic, it can be a little painful when shooting. It gets diluted by your blood quite a bit, so I dont think it is enough to completely denature the cells in your veins, but it does do some damage.
    pH varies depending on what part of the body you're measuring, but the blood is always kept at pH 7.4. Your body will kill you to keep your blood pH there.

+ Reply to Thread