Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Buspar do the same thing as Xanax?

Opiophorum Member RobotJones will become famous soon enough RobotJones will become famous soon enough RobotJones will become famous soon enough RobotJones will become famous soon enough RobotJones's Avatar

Default Does Buspar do the same thing as Xanax?

I have a question for any pharmers out there. I've been told that buspar (generic: buspirone) is used as an alternative anti-anxiety medication for xanax. should it therefore induce the same effects that xanax does? someone told me buspar is worthless for getting buzzed but i just wanted a second opinion. i have a whole bottle of 15mg buspar and so i'd also like to know how many it would take to get buzzed (if it works at all) also keeping in mind that i'm on 30mg of methadone a day and usually H too.

one more thing: i also have a few nortriptyline (25mg) and trazodone (50mg) pills. would either of those do anything for me?

thanks in advance for your input and help.
    "Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?" - Trainspotting

Jr. Opiophile vanilla_mlkshake2007 is fresh on the scene. vanilla_mlkshake2007 is fresh on the scene.

Default Re: Does Buspar do the same thing as Xanax?

Absolutely not Buspar is an anti-depressent.Where as Xanax is a Benzo.Two different classes of drugs and I have been prescribed both for different reasons and buspar did nothing for me.It may help you though if you are depressed.I just think good ole opiates are the best anti-depressents around.

zombiewoof23

Buspar fucking sucks. I got sold buspar in place of xanax a long time ago and was sorry. I can recall having some weird shakes every so often on it. No buzz, just over all shitty feeling. Wasn't too overwhelming, but nothing good. No comparison. Not even a benzo.

Information Warrior HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness's Avatar

buspar and xanax are both anti-anxiety meds, but that's where the similarities stop. buspar did nothing but give me vertigo when i moved my head, in a bad bad way. fuck buspar.

trazodone is an old-school antidepressant that is now prescribed in high doses as a sleep aid. i wouldn't take it to get fucked up, but its magical as part of a kick kit. that and clonidine and some immodium and my friend you are going to feel as good as it gets during WD... (throw in some benzos and mj and you might even feel like you're partying)
    fuck happy.

Opiophile Sitar is an unknown quantity at this point Sitar's Avatar

Ughh... Trazodone. That stuff is N A S T Y ! It's what I call "headache in a pill". Horrible stuff and does nothing for sleep nor depression in my experience. Worthless stuff.

And yes, I will have to agree with everyone else here that Buspar is totally useless for recreation. No recreational value whatsoever.

Opiophorum Member 405FREEWAY is fresh on the scene. 405FREEWAY is fresh on the scene. 405FREEWAY's Avatar

Oh, no....no....no.. as people have mentioned above these two drugs have nothing in common. I took some buspar once, recreationally, and this was a very BIG mistake. An ex girlfriend of mine had these laying around, oh this was maybe 5 years ago, and the thought of what followed still brings a chill to my spine. About 45 minutes after taking two of them, i could feel something coming on, then all of the sudden ( like someone mentioned above) the uncontrollable movements began. Picture withdrawl restless type leg movements, along with the crazy arm, and the worst of all....The crazy tongue. For the next two days, and this is not a joke, 48 HOURS, my tongue was moving around and around my mouth uncontrollably. No sleep, laying in bed twitching, and what wigged me out the most was this fucking tongue thing. I looked like a real deal wacko, i couldnt leave the house, and couldnt even close my mouth. My tongue reminded me of one of those snakes that comes out of the basket, when the guy plays the flute, except the flute was playing for two days. So for heavens sake, please nobody take this medication recreationally, you will really regret it.

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 405FREEWAY View Post
    Oh, no....no....no.. as people have mentioned above these two drugs have nothing in common. I took some buspar once, recreationally, and this was a very BIG mistake. An ex girlfriend of mine had these laying around, oh this was maybe 5 years ago, and the thought of what followed still brings a chill to my spine. About 45 minutes after taking two of them, i could feel something coming on, then all of the sudden ( like someone mentioned above) the uncontrollable movements began. Picture withdrawl restless type leg movements, along with the crazy arm, and the worst of all....The crazy tongue. For the next two days, and this is not a joke, 48 HOURS, my tongue was moving around and around my mouth uncontrollably. No sleep, laying in bed twitching, and what wigged me out the most was this fucking tongue thing. I looked like a real deal wacko, i couldnt leave the house, and couldnt even close my mouth. My tongue reminded me of one of those snakes that comes out of the basket, when the guy plays the flute, except the flute was playing for two days. So for heavens sake, please nobody take this medication recreationally, you will really regret it.
    Sounds like you girlfriend might enjoy said side-effect if used properly.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Opiophorum Member RobotJones will become famous soon enough RobotJones will become famous soon enough RobotJones will become famous soon enough RobotJones will become famous soon enough RobotJones's Avatar

thanks for the info guys.

when i did a search for buspar on the forums here, i found a post where someone mentioned buspar. they said they read somewhere that it can help opiate withdrawals. they got it from some website called HEDWEB. i haven't had the time to check out the website thoroughly but it looks interesting. does anyone know anything else about this website?
    "Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?" - Trainspotting

OpioNoMo BigWaves is an unknown quantity at this point BigWaves's Avatar

Re: Does Buspar do the same thing as Xanax?

Quote Originally Posted by RobotJones View Post
    I have a question for any pharmers out there. I've been told that buspar (generic: buspirone) is used as an alternative anti-anxiety medication for xanax. should it therefore induce the same effects that xanax does? someone told me buspar is worthless for getting buzzed but i just wanted a second opinion. i have a whole bottle of 15mg buspar and so i'd also like to know how many it would take to get buzzed (if it works at all) also keeping in mind that i'm on 30mg of methadone a day and usually H too.

one more thing: i also have a few nortriptyline (25mg) and trazodone (50mg) pills. would either of those do anything for me?

thanks in advance for your input and help.
    NO. The person who told you they're worthless wasn't lying. Apples and Oranges. Busipirone is NOT a Benzodiazepene.

Flush em.

Occasionally Opiated john_doe is an unknown quantity at this point john_doe's Avatar

Trazodone is probably the best sleeping pill out there. That's all I can say. It will make you feel REALLY tired. It's not recreational at all. It just gives you a really natural tired feeling and you can sleep very easily. Much better than Lunesta/imovane and benzo's for sleep. But to each his own. It has a weird profile of side effects such as a boner for extended periods of times and you end up having to go to the hospital and get surgery on your penis and it may not work agian ever. So....be careful with trazodone i dont recommend it for men. The penis side effect will ruin your sex life forever. If you get a boner on trazodone and it wont go away, go to a doctor after about an hour or two. Don't you dare wait or yourcock will die on you. It will be harmed very badly if you dont see a doc ASAP after prolonged erection. It's a rare side effectr but can happen and it could happen to you just like winning the lottery could happen to you. Kinda scary

Never Looked Back Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum is a splendid one to behold Opiyum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by john_doe View Post
    Trazodone is probably the best sleeping pill out there. That's all I can say. It will make you feel REALLY tired. It's not recreational at all. It just gives you a really natural tired feeling and you can sleep very easily. Much better than Lunesta/imovane and benzo's for sleep. But to each his own. It has a weird profile of side effects such as a boner for extended periods of times and you end up having to go to the hospital and get surgery on your penis and it may not work agian ever. So....be careful with trazodone i dont recommend it for men. The penis side effect will ruin your sex life forever. If you get a boner on trazodone and it wont go away, go to a doctor after about an hour or two. Don't you dare wait or yourcock will die on you. It will be harmed very badly if you dont see a doc ASAP after prolonged erection. It's a rare side effectr but can happen and it could happen to you just like winning the lottery could happen to you. Kinda scary

This is not the case for everyone. I, when taking trazadone, will awake three to four times a night from nightmares and the bed is always soaked from sweat and we all know how much it sucks to wake up to cold sweats.
    Benzos are better for so many reasons that I dont feel like listing.One off the top of my head would be that the hangover isn't nearly as bad. Whereas trazadone can be hard to wake up from even hours after getting out of bed. After a half dozen nights with nightmares due to Trazadone I discontinued use. Doctors and reading I've done claim this can be a common side effect.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

Information Warrior HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness is a glorious beacon of light HistoryofMadness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opiyum View Post
    T Whereas trazadone can be hard to wake up from even hours after getting out of bed.
    damn i never noticed that until you said it, when i took traz it didn't help me go to sleep, only helped me sleep in (when i needed to be up)... good a reason as any to steer clear
    fuck happy.

Opiophile Sitar is an unknown quantity at this point Sitar's Avatar

Re: Does Buspar do the same thing as Xanax?

John_doe, Trazodone is the best sleeping pill out there? Maybe in your experience, but that's gotta be the exception. What about Benzodiazapines, Barbiturates, Phenothiazines, Opiates, even Melatonin and Valerian, or heck even OTC sleep aids like diphenhydramine?

For some reason, they try to give people in drug detox Trazodone for sleep instead of real sleep medicines, which irritates me to no end. The stuff causes a multitude of nasty side effects like intense, horrible, throbbing migraines. Trazodone is an antidepressant and a crappy one at that. And from my experience, and others I've read about, it's about as useful for sleep as bashing your head with a hammer would be.

Funny never had any experience with Buspirone before but my dude gave me one tonight to find out what they were. Now I know. I've had lots of Trazadone...Still have some I think and as I said I dont like but what Im wondering is wether Busp and Traz are the same thing? It seemed as though thats what people were saying here. But as far as I know Traz isnt an anti-anxiety med....
    Anyhow doesnt really matter this little yellow football is going in the trash...It's weird....I gotta say....Throwing away pills just seems wrong no matter what the circumstances.
    There is a part of me that wants to keep it or eat but having read what I have Im sure I wont.....Just weird that's all.
    In somnifera veritas
    In somnifera aequitas

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by 405FREEWAY View Post
    Well if Buspar has anything to do with Serotonin, that was serotonin syndrome. I myself unfortunatly had to endure excruciating serotonin syndrome once. I don't want to get into how that happened but I can assure everyone that it is WORSE than wd, if that's possible. I nearly broke down and went to the hospital at the 48 hour mark, but thank god things improved from there. A friend told me to take some benzo's, valium I believe (I didn't have internet access at that point in time, just moved) and I have an eternal supply of free benzos and that did the trick for sure. But hands down the worst 48 hours of my life, I'm glad I didn't have a gun around.

+ Reply to Thread