Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xanax "Bars" vs. "footballs" (aside from different mg dose)

Relaxed Registered Member Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium's Avatar

Xanax "Bars" vs. "footballs" (aside from different mg dose)

Figured I'd see if anyone else shares my experience when dealing with xanax in the two most common forms (err shapes).

Heres the thing with me, quick sum-up:

I usually take .5-1mg Xanax almost always in the "football" shaped small pills...but pretty often I'll get ahold of some white 2mg "bars" -generics on both-

When I have the 2mg bars I always break them in half for my usual 1mg dose, and I get much better anxiety relief, and an overall "calmer, warmer" feeling than when I take 1mg in the "football" pills (usually 2 x .5mg orange ones, but sometimes the 1mg pill).

The effects are always so different it's almost like they are two totally different drugs.

I am confused as to why it's not the same since its the same mg and the same drug either way...

Weird eh?

I just wondered if anyone has the same experience with this and/or any related thoughts on the topic.

Thanks for reading!

Junky onewayonly will become famous soon enough onewayonly will become famous soon enough onewayonly will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Xanax "Bars" vs. "footballs" (aside from different mg dose)

Im going to have to agree with you. I take
    about 1mg a day as well. Sometimes 2mg.
    A bar always has me feeling better than 2 footballs.
    Cant explain it but i feel ya

Never Looked Back iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon has conned a lot of people to get this much rep iriewon's Avatar

same exact thing here...fuck them foolzballz gimme da barz B)

Relaxed Registered Member Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium will become famous soon enough Richard_Cranium's Avatar

Re: Xanax "Bars" vs. "footballs" (aside from different mg dose)

much appreciate the responses, glad I'm not alone on this... may the good bars be with us!:wink:

I'm still open to any other comments/ideas on this "phenomenon"

Rock On!

Occasionally Opiated Aqfchair is an unknown quantity at this point

It could just be that psychology plays a big part in tolerance (and it does.)

Could also be that the two forms are somehow formulated differently in a way that affects bioavailability/absorption. I've heard this enough about various different forms of various different things that I imagine that, at least in some cases, there must be more to it than just the psychological difference...but who knows.

Never Looked Back Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork is a name known to all Spork's Avatar

If each 1mg football is 15% off and only has .85mg in it, the two of them would only have 1.7mg. Remember the propagation of errors.
    Spork. Not a Sp(F)o(rk)on

Occasionally Opiated anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49's Avatar

placebo.
    I'm high and I'm happy and I'm free

Jr. Opiophile always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated's Avatar

I have fairly severe anxiety issues that date back 10+ years.

I was getting turquoise colored generic BARS or LADDERS and they left me hungover as hell.

My old pharmacy, (big chain) sold yellow bars and I awake feeling great. I've never had the brand name, just generics.

I take 2 MG before bed every evening. It keeps even keeled all day.

OpioNoMo jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker

Always seems to be a debate on what generics are better than others, what brands, etc.

They are all the same. I doubt anyone can tell they took .87 versus .97mg.

The bars are just more popular for some reason and command a higher street price.

Occasionally Opiated Aqfchair is an unknown quantity at this point

It's pretty much impossible for an FDA-regulated pharmaceutical product to differ by that large of an amount anyway. Even a difference of a few % is very, very unlikely, and would be the result of a single batch error that would probably, as far as I know, be a big deal and lead to a recall. Generic manufacturers are absolutely not allowed to arbitrarily produce a generic equivalent for say, 1 mg xanax that only contains 0.87 mg, or even 0.97 mg of alprazolam. They're called equivalents for a reason, and for certain drugs, that big of a difference could potentially be dangerous.

It is possible, however, that if the pills originated from an online pharmacy, they could be something other than what they're supposed to be.

It's got to be either a psychological factor, or a difference in formulation that makes one form more readily absorbed than another, and even that isn't super likely.

Departed Opiophile Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay's Avatar

I had a doc once tell me that since a 2mg bar is bigger that even thiough the pill has been thoroughly mixed, sometimes the strength of the pill is not evenly distributed. so if you break a 2mg "bar " in half you may not get exactly 1 mg per half. It mostly could be cooncentrated in only one portion of the bar. He also told me that the bars have some sort of "time release to them unlike the footballs.
    I dont think this is true, but this was some eally old doc that told me these things. I dont think he correct though on the time release, but I can see the bars not being exactly 1 mg per half.

Never Looked Back Larkin has disabled reputation Larkin's Avatar

personally i thought the round bars or "wagon wheels" were the best

Thanks for all the feedback guys, pretty interesting responses...with the exception of the simple "placebo" response,
    no offense but I think you could swim around this entire forum tossing around that generic response. I mean, I didnt start taking these things yesterday...it's definitely not just in my head.
    I am constantly able to repeatedly test this scenario, and it has had this effect everytime...every single time.

I feel like the bioavailablity/absorption responses probably have the most logical thought behind them. Also, the bars dont command any more "street" value per mg than any of the others 'round here, if anything you can work out to get more mg for your money with the bars.

Also, on the split bar theory...I get the better effect with both halves, so I dunno about that.

Anyways, thanks again.

Junky Tylercwxzy is fresh on the scene. Tylercwxzy is fresh on the scene. Tylercwxzy's Avatar

Yeah i love the white wheels, I think I get more feeling out of them. Little stronger generic maybe? I like to mix match and get half bars and half circles and comparing the buzz.
    If time is subjective, and life is truly a tapestry of little squares of moments of clarity, drugs are the space in between those squares.
    Code:
    <div id="change_BottomBar"><span id="change_Powered"><a href="http://www.change.org/" target="_blank">Change.org</a></span><a>|</a><span id="change_Start"><a href='http://www.change.org/start-a-petition'>How to Start a Petition</a></span></div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://e.change.org:80/flash_petitions_widget.js?width=300&petition_id=748714&color=1A3563"></script>

Never Looked Back reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqfchair View Post
    It's pretty much impossible for an FDA-regulated pharmaceutical product to differ by that large of an amount anyway. Even a difference of a few % is very, very unlikely, and would be the result of a single batch error that would probably, as far as I know, be a big deal and lead to a recall. Generic manufacturers are absolutely not allowed to arbitrarily produce a generic equivalent for say, 1 mg xanax that only contains 0.87 mg, or even 0.97 mg of alprazolam. They're called equivalents for a reason, and for certain drugs, that big of a difference could potentially be dangerous.

It is possible, however, that if the pills originated from an online pharmacy, they could be something other than what they're supposed to be.

It's got to be either a psychological factor, or a difference in formulation that makes one form more readily absorbed than another, and even that isn't super likely.
    I thought generic drugs were allowed a 15% variance, give or take? Surely, none of them would ever want it to get out that their product is 15 % weaker than a name brand product (especially where potency is an issue).

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Never Looked Back Larkin has disabled reputation Larkin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon3668 View Post
    I thought generic drugs were allowed a 15% variance, give or take? Surely, none of them would ever want it to get out that their product is 15 % weaker than a name brand product (especially where potency is an issue).
    has anyone ever posted a source verifying that? I know its been debated

Never Looked Back candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    personally i thought the round bars or "wagon wheels" were the best
    me too the round mylans are my favorite every other mylan benzo i hate tho, i eat just about every kind of xanax except the .25s and im partial to different generics but size doesnt matter i feel the same eating 8 peaches as i do 2 bars or 4 blues( FYI in philly if u say blues it means xanax not roxis)

Opiophile Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tylercwxzy View Post
    I like to mix match and get half bars and half circles and comparing the buzz.
    I wish I could compare the buzz, I can take 2mg or 8 and not tell you which one I've taken I've been on high doses for so long, stupid.

Generic manufacturers are absolutely not allowed to arbitrarily produce a generic equivalent for say, 1 mg xanax that only contains 0.87 mg, or even 0.97 mg of alprazolam.
    I always thought they were allowed somewhat of a variance as well.

Junky Tylercwxzy is fresh on the scene. Tylercwxzy is fresh on the scene. Tylercwxzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolofinell View Post
    I wish I could compare the buzz, I can take 2mg or 8 and not tell you which one I've taken I've been on high doses for so long, stupid.
    I always thought they were allowed somewhat of a variance as well.
    I feel you, when I got back on subs (which I need to find a different doc already because mines a quack.) I slowed down, because i was taking 10-12mg a day of xanz. I weened myself down abit then took a 2 week break. I still have a tolerance but it takes about half as much to get a nice benzo buzz. Try a few day break maybe if you can? Unless you'll w/d.
    Been there too, horrible shit benzo w/d.
    If time is subjective, and life is truly a tapestry of little squares of moments of clarity, drugs are the space in between those squares.
    Code:
    <div id="change_BottomBar"><span id="change_Powered"><a href="http://www.change.org/" target="_blank">Change.org</a></span><a>|</a><span id="change_Start"><a href='http://www.change.org/start-a-petition'>How to Start a Petition</a></span></div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://e.change.org:80/flash_petitions_widget.js?width=300&petition_id=748714&color=1A3563"></script>

Scream Queen Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie's Avatar

I am not sure on the drug formularies, but I have always noticed differences in the different generics in different dosages especially where xanax is concerned, not so much with other drugs. Could it have something to do with the fillers they add? I am sure different peoples body chemistry plays a role here, and I would be almost positive some of it is psychsomatic. Even as has been shown here it seems to be a matter of personal preference.

Candyman, here in the south, if you ask for blues, you're going to get valium. Funny how it's different elsewhere, I would have never known that.
    And who in her lonely slip, who by barbiturate,
    Who in these realms of love, who by something blunt,
    And who by avalanche, who by powder,
    Who for his greed, who for his hunger,
    And who shall I say is calling?

And who by brave assent, who by accident,
    Who in solitude, who in this mirror,
    Who by his lady's command, who by his own hand,
    Who in mortal chains, who in power,

~Leonard Cohen

RIP CHEMBOY7

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxie View Post
    Candyman, here in the south, if you ask for blues, you're going to get valium. Funny how it's different elsewhere, I would have never known that.
    thats funny Smaxie...here in my part of the south if your talking blues, your talking blue watson 10 hydrocodones

Opiophile To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome's Avatar

I get prescribed the 1 mg blue "footballs", while a friend of mine gets prescribed the 1 mg green "footballs" (just different generic versions of the exact same thing), and my friend who gets the green ones swears up and down that they are "WAY more potent" than the blue ones I get. I think they feel pretty much exactly the same (as they should).

As for bars- doctors around here do not prescribe bars for some reason. I know a ton of people with xanax scripts, and they are ALL footballs. Not sure why. Come to think of it, I haven't even SEEN a bar in at least 5 years; and the last ones I did see came from out of state. I've also gotten the blue round Mylan generics (just for one refill- wasn't my usual pharmacy), and didn't notice any difference (that I can remember, anyway) from the footballs.
    "Now I've got that needle
    And I can shake, but I can't breathe
    Take it away, but I want more and more
    One day I'm gonna lose the war..."

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Listen to Gnome's music at: www.myspace.com/gnometothedome

Scream Queen Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Cranium View Post
    thats funny Smaxie...here in my part of the south if your talking blues, your talking blue watson 10 hydrocodones
    Yes, I was going to say that lortab 10 would be second behind the V's someone might even ask which one you wanted, but it would never be roxi's or xanny's. Good catch
    And who in her lonely slip, who by barbiturate,
    Who in these realms of love, who by something blunt,
    And who by avalanche, who by powder,
    Who for his greed, who for his hunger,

And who by brave assent, who by accident,
    Who in solitude, who in this mirror,
    Who by his lady's command, who by his own hand,
    Who in mortal chains, who in power,

~Leonard Cohen

RIP CHEMBOY7

Opiophile To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Cranium View Post
    Haha, yeah around here, "blues" could mean Valium, Xanax footballs, 10 mg Vikes, 15 mg Morphine, or Roxis... You REALLY have to make the person specify when they say they can get "blues" around here.

On a side note: stupid ass kids around here have started calling Fent patches "Morphine patches". Double fucking facepalm. I can't even count the amount of times I've had to sit some stupid kid down and very slowly explain the ENORMOUS difference between Morph and Fent. If someone's gonna sell a drug, they really should know WHAT THE FUCK IT IS (i.e. 500 mg vicodin...ppft). I swear, I'm the only dude in town who actually researches his drugs... (Thank you Opiophile... ; )
    "Now I've got that needle
    And I can shake, but I can't breathe
    Take it away, but I want more and more
    One day I'm gonna lose the war..."

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Listen to Gnome's music at: www.myspace.com/gnometothedome

Jr. Opiophile OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing is just really nice OpanaKing's Avatar

it's been ages. I only used to get the bars. But from what I remember, the ones with the gg were better then the ones with the single G. There can be a slight difference in potency in different brands. Most people probably barely notice.

Opiophorum Member Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz is just really nice Sydewayz's Avatar

I got some round 1mg from Walmart and liked the blue footballs better.. I guess everyone is different, I found some green footballs I bought and they were the best. Just can't find a pharmacy that carries them.

As for the bars I got some yellow ones and they were pretty good.

Granny Nurse Moderator
    PLATINUM MEMBER
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER
    Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr's Avatar

Interesting...in the phunny pharm where I work we give the bloo footballs- when we use xanax which is ONLY when someone comes in already prescribed it.
    Otherwise we use ativan IM for fast short action or clonazepam for long smooth action.

Opiophorum Member retrogradeamnesia will become famous soon enough retrogradeamnesia will become famous soon enough retrogradeamnesia will become famous soon enough retrogradeamnesia will become famous soon enough retrogradeamnesia will become famous soon enough retrogradeamnesia's Avatar

Have to agree with the majorty here, also for me 1 brick will grab me more than 2x tabs?

Most peculiar indeed...
    I am too connected to you to
    Slip away, to fade away.

Days away I still feel you

Touching me, changing me,
    And considerately killing me.

Never Looked Back seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids's Avatar

didnt read all posts, but I have to agree with OP, seems like footballs are a bit weaker than half a bar. very weird. Like I can take 2 1mg pills and it doesnt seem to hit me anywhere near like how one bar would hit me. weird shit... been like that for a while so i know its not an "off batch" of something. . .
    better the devil you know than the devil you don't

Quote Originally Posted by seven10kids View Post
    didnt read all posts, but I have to agree with OP, seems like footballs are a bit weaker than half a bar. very weird. Like I can take 2 1mg pills and it doesnt seem to hit me anywhere near like how one bar would hit me. weird shit... been like that for a while so i know its not an "off batch" of something. . .
    Thanks, looking back I should have ran a poll on this topic, didnt realize so many people who be interested enough to give their thoughts....seems pretty split on peoples thoughts about this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast