Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tramadol and Sleep issues

Opiophorum Member Prasch is just really nice Prasch is just really nice Prasch is just really nice Prasch is just really nice Prasch is just really nice Prasch is just really nice Prasch is just really nice Prasch is just really nice Prasch is just really nice Prasch's Avatar

Default Tramadol and Sleep issues

First off, I'm not on Tramadol anymore. I've got about 60 stored in my medicine cabinet just in case I need them for W/Ds or something, but that's it.

I did notice, however, when I was on tramadol for pain, I had some odd side-effects.

restlessness when I was trying to go to bed, odd thoughts, and so on. At first I was just dealing with it, but about two weeks ago I had an awful experience.

I was having very vivid dreams that night, and a sensation of drowning. I woke up, and I was in a state of sleep paralysis (this happened to me when I was very young) and started hallucinating things in my mouth (like an energy bar all chewed up) and I couldn't really breathe.

I tried to move to wake up Phaedra (my partner) for some help, but I couldn't move at all. I just started breathing incredibly heavy and very fast to hopefully get her attention. She woke up and shook me and I got out of it, and just started bawling my eyes out.

It felt like a panic attack + sleep paralysis. I don't know if this is just my anxiety (usually it's very mild) or what, but has anyone ever had any issues with tramadol like this? I was doing some research and I thought it might be symptoms of serotonin syndrome but I'm really hoping I didn't fry my brain with that shit.

Needless to say I stopped immediately as I don't ever want a repeat of that. Plus tramadol makes my orgasms feel like nothing, so I can't even enjoy sex on it.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Default Re: Tramadol and Sleep issues

Sure,tramadol really effects my sleep-I don't.

No sleep when I'm on tramadol.It has a weird almost speed like effect for me.I feel circuits popping in my brain-very similar to either a LOT of coffee or a small amount of bad speed.

Not pleasant,BUT it totally kills a lot of wd for me.In fact purely for combating wd(which is the only reason I take tramadol) it's better than codeine and dihydrocodeine.Even so,I'm wary of tramadol.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Never Looked Back Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Benz's Avatar

Leaf Re: Tramadol and Sleep issues

Have to agree with Nick on tramadol. I believe it has serotonin AND noradrenaline/norepinephrine re-uptake inhibiting properties. The extra noradrenaline kicking around your brain could create anything from insomnia to seizures at high dose.

I don't really trust this drug, it has strange idiosyncratic effects in some people. I would caution against higher doses.

Benz

Scream Queen Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Smaxie's Avatar

yes, also only us it for withdrawing, I also do not trust this drug very much. somehow I think we will be seeing it on one of those lawyer adds in the future. I have only had it make me sleepy, never insomnia, and i have bad insomnia normally. however, it frequently upsets my stomache, makes it very hard to urinate and constipates me worse than any other type of opiate. Strange drug.
    And who in her lonely slip, who by barbiturate,
    Who in these realms of love, who by something blunt,
    And who by avalanche, who by powder,
    Who for his greed, who for his hunger,
    And who shall I say is calling?

And who by brave assent, who by accident,
    Who in solitude, who in this mirror,
    Who by his lady's command, who by his own hand,
    Who in mortal chains, who in power,
    And who shall I say is calling?

~Leonard Cohen

RIP CHEMBOY7

Never Looked Back doctor diesel has disabled reputation doctor diesel's Avatar

There are two highly opposed effects that tramadol engenders, and the only way to know which one you're going to get is by trying the stuff.
    If I take enough of it (200mg) I become energised like a Duracell bunny, it makes me feel lively but wired, and if I've taken it in the evening I won't sleep till dawn.
    But there are two members of my family who are put into deep sleep by the stuff, such that they can sleep 10 hours overnight, pop a dose of tram then fall asleep again after an hour and sleep for another eight hours or so until the effects wear off.
    The effect it has on me is entirely understandable, since the stuff boosts base levels of (nor)adrenaline, but why it should put other people into deep sedation remains a mystery to me.
    Controversially, I think tramadol is a great drug and very useful. It's not a recreational drug unless it's mixed with certain others, but it's a great survival med for junkies and a stimulant drug (for me).

Doc
    TOP JUNK FROM TOP JUNKIES
    PAUPS "A long, narrow foot usually matches a long, narrow face, while stubby toes usually belong to beady eyes"
    DAK "People are worried I'll get so skinny I fall through my asshole and hang myself"
    CHOPS "You gotta be pretty smart to know you're stupid"
    JAMESDIGITS "I've seen horrible people in clinics and had to wait outside due to the stench"
    MAKITA "It wasn't MRSA and it wasn't necrotic fasciitis, it was just some fucked-up shit*"

*Medical term

Occasionally Opiated jaupoon is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what you mean. I got a prescription for them a few months ago and i had the same issues sleepwise. As far as a painkiller i find it very ineffective, not to mention its other bad side effects.

Opiophile smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey is a name known to all smokey's Avatar

tramadol is not a bad drug for wd ime, but i would never take it long term after a while it seems like it inhibits wd after out of wd if that makes any sense
    Everything written by 'smokey' is a work of pure fiction. It's not true folks.

SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero's Avatar

I definitely get that jittery feeling from trams, and a few other not pleasant side effects, I could see where it could fuck up your sleep, I wouldn't do them after mid afternoon unless I had to. Sucks for pain relief too IME, the only thing I ever use them for these days is potentiating pods-3 or 5 on top of the usual pod dose works nicely.

+ Reply to Thread