FREAKING OUT - Injecting hand is hot, very *swollen* and painful.

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FREAKING OUT - Injecting hand is hot, very *swollen* and painful.

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

Default FREAKING OUT - Injecting hand is hot, very *swollen* and painful.

I went into an injecting frenzy - I've been having issues and being the big, fucking baby that I can be - hit myself very hard, with cloudy mixes of 5ml. after 5 ml. of re-filtered drug+cottons (Dex, Ritalin, Methadone, unknown party pill, Oxy etc ... I think that's it).

You could call it a form of suicide; I implied self-harm at work and they sent the cops around - all cool, I know how to act sane.

I have had to stop working because I'm physically exhausted, cold sores and generally looking like what I am.

Now my left hand is quite swollen, not very red, painful and very hot and the lower part of the arm is very red.

It's not going down but I am.

I've been missing and not giving a fuck, too - injecting away because I can't drink/chuck it.

If I see a doctor then they're probably going to say/think "fucking stupid junkies and tell me to go to ER" and if I go to the clinic then I will lose my T/A's.

Any ideas what it may be ? Please ?
    "Shoot drugs not people"

Never Looked Back Larkin has disabled reputation Larkin's Avatar

Default Re: FREAKING OUT - Injecting hand is hot, very *swollen* and painful.

how long ago did you do it? was it long ago enough that an abscess could have started?

goto the ER

True Opiophile Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger is better than sex! Der Alte Krieger's Avatar

I cant offer any advise like you want to hear, like drink a bottle of caugh syrup and it will all be better in the morning, but there are sometimes you need to just bite the bullet and see a medical professional and tell them that you have fucked up.

I used to be on the program with a real pretty black girl that had lost her hand from shooting some witches brew in her wrist. The life of a one armed junkie is just double fucked. I hope its something simple and gos away.
    Scarab Blues

Gray day, no dawn,
    Everyone that's here, is gone
    Except of course my Junkie son
    And me
    Draw the black flag cross the moon
    Burn the bottom of a thousand spoons
    The Poppy frees us from the gloom
    And restlessness
    Star light, star bright
    Heart pounding in my chest tonight
    Vampires shrinking from the light
    Of sanity
    Oh, God whose image we are in
    Christ, who frees us of our sins
    Bless you for the Heroin
    And everything

DAK, 11/1/12

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafengehn
    kann man uns am Himmel sehn
    wir haben Angst und sind allein
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

How long has it been? ^^^ The fact that your arm is getting red and swelling might mean infection (abcess). At first sounded like you hit a nerve, but the arm going red and swollen too man......... proly not good.

Id see a doc and get some antibiotics if needed.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

It started about 48 hours ago and ER might be the best option.

Any body else interested in being a junkie ? Hurry, get your forms in now - all this misery could be yours and the price is the best part !
    "Shoot drugs not people"

Never Looked Back Larkin has disabled reputation Larkin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    It started about 48 hours ago and ER might be the best option.

Any body else interested in being a junkie ? Hurry, get your forms in now - all this misery could be yours and the price is the best part !
    go to the ER now, its definitely an abscess impo...

I have NEVER had a bump last that long!!

True Opiophile upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007's Avatar

We're not punished for our sins, but by them.

Hope it gets better, and get your ass to the ER soon.
    it's up or out and the ladder's on fire

Scream Queen Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie's Avatar

Ok, you prob will need medical assistance, but it's only been 48 hours. First off, don't freak. Deep breaths. Clean it thoroughly with some type of antibacterial. If you have some antibiotic ointment, even neosporin, put it on the affected area. Wrap it loosly with guaze, just to keep the cream from getting wiped off right away. Then stick the whole thing in a wrapped heating pad. Keep it on low, and keep it on as long as you can.
    I have saved myself many an abcess using this method. Remember, heat is your friend in these situations. I even sleep with mine on when necessary. Vm me if you need to, I will help any way I can. I am assuming you have no access to antibiotics. If by chance you do, hit me back and I will tell you which ones work best. Good luck, man. Sorry.

Chief Blockhead Moderator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

Could be an infection or that you hit an artery. ER is obviously the best bet (just to be safe), but if that ain't possible, compress the area with ice and watch for signs of it getting better or worse. If it's an artery the area will gradually calm down after a while (was there any sudden pain during those injections?). If it stays bad it's likely an abscess that needs lancing, and I don't recommend you do it yourself (the doctor will know how to properly clear the wound so it won't become infected again). If worst comes to worst though, wait for the area to come to a head (like a pimple), then lance it with a clean, sterile needle, drain the area and wash with antibacterial soap. Make sure all the pus vacates the area and then dress the wound with a clean bandage. Swap bandages every so often until the area clears. I still recommend the ER though.

Seriously, you don't wanna lose a hand over this shit, so be safe rather than sorry (if you can).
    Blockhead: "Um, what's a conscience?"

Conscience: "Someone who hates you, but...can't do anything about it.

Scream Queen Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie is one bad motherfucker Smaxie's Avatar

Sorry FP, gotta disagree with you on this one, I know ice seems logical, but sometimes it actually helps harden the gunk inside. Heat is the ticket. I have been through this more times than I can count. I came back to suggest also taking some ibuprofin or any other anti inflamitoriy you have on hand.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

It sounds like the beginning of an abscess.Put hot compresses on the injection site and lower arm.Try Chops garlic and vodka diet-although you may have left it too late for that it can't hurt-not too much vodka,huh.

If it spreads,increases in pain or gets hotter and discolors.Get to an er if in any doubt,bro.

EDIT,By hot I mean warm not very hot.
    Last edited by nick; 09-22-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Chief Blockhead Moderator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxie View Post
    Sorry FP, gotta disagree with you on this one, I know ice seems logical, but sometimes it actually helps harden the gunk inside. Heat is the ticket. I have been through this more times than I can count. I came back to suggest also taking some ibuprofin or any other anti inflamitoriy you have on hand.
    No, ice if it's an arterial hit. A hot compress would be much better for an abscess (as I found out to my chagrin when it happened to me and I thought it was just regular swelling).

In ER as we speak. It's my lower arm and hand. Very hot and sore. Some cut themselves, I use a needle. This is a result of frustration from the little cunt that stole my car and insurance want me to pick up the 20k tab. Fuck that.

I told them that I might just tattoo the claim number on my chest and kill myself in their building. You know what, don't push me you dirty cunts!
    "Shoot drugs not people"

True Opiophile clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton is one bad motherfucker clinton's Avatar

go to the hospital, better safe than sorry

keep us updated

edit: good to see you went, now stop acting like your nuts before they tie you to a gurney and put you on suicide watch

and i dont know why im telling you this because you know already..but all the self harm in the world will do nothing to resolve your issue with the girl

care to share what happened?

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    In ER as we speak. It's my lower arm and hand. Very hot and sore. Some cut themselves, I use a needle. This is a result of frustration from the little cunt that stole my car and insurance want me to pick up the 20k tab. Fuck that.

I told them that I might just tattoo the claim number on my chest and kill myself in their building. You know what, don't push me you dirty cunts!
    I hear your frustration,but engaging in dangerous behaviour isn't going to sort things out-it will just kill or maim you.Try and forget the little creep,he's not worth messing yourself up over and the claim can be dealt with.
    You're worth a damn site more than 20K,bro-don't sell yourself short.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Never Looked Back reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668 is one bad motherfucker reddragon3668's Avatar

Aw man, I am so sorry you are going through all this. I told a person recently who was going through shit, an older person like us, that the only consolation that we can find in this shit is that we've lived long enough to know that usually, even this will pass away. Thankfully, we're at least mature enough to realize that life changes. We're not a 13 year old who kills themselves over a negative comment on facebook, ya know. Try and hang in there man, keep your head up, don't let the world eat you. You're a great person and I really hope things get better for you!

Good to hear you are in the ER. Better safe than sorry when it comes to this kind of stuff. Sounds like in your frustration, you are making things a bit worse. Been there, done that. Never ends well. Didn't you leave a car running in a drive way with a friend inside and it somehow ended up in gear and hit a house of something and then you friend took off leaving you holding the bad? Trying to remember.

Anyways, what Nick says below. Every word of it exactly. Great advice! Let us know how your hand/arm is doing!

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    ...the claim can be dealt with.
    You're worth a damn site more than 20K,bro-don't sell yourself short.
    Last edited by reddragon3668; 09-22-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: had to make complete sentences out of my chicken shit first attempt

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Chip, that bear's been danicng an awfully long time. I don't want to see him stop. Please don't harm yourself.

Jr. Opiophile happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze is one bad motherfucker happy daze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pie View Post
    Chip, that bear's been danicng an awfully long time. I don't want to see him stop. Please don't harm yourself.
    +1 I'm sorry to hear you're in a bad spot, hang in there, sweet stuff yet to come

Yeah man, it's all peaks and vallies, and it's damn hard to see the peak when you are in the valley, but you will be back on top before you know it. All things in life are cyclical.

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

i thought i hadn't seen you round for a while chipper. sorry to hear things have turned a bit pear shaped. as has been said, it will get better so hang in there!

Never Looked Back tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui needs no introduction tui's Avatar

Any news Chipper?

Nicks right, you're worth a hell of a lot more than 20k.

Please don't do anything rash! Get looked at, go home, tuck up in bed with a good book or funny movie, get some rest.

Be kind to yourself sweetheart. Kia kaha

Big hugs

Opiophile fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored's Avatar

i hope you heal up fast, chip. quit dumping!

It's no problem
    I'll just keep quiet if it's easier for you
    To make believe then
    That I don't love you as much as I do

Never Looked Back Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew has much to be proud of Bartholomew's Avatar

chipper, you know i love ya. please go see a medical professional asap <3

here's to you and healing as fast as is humanly possible
    "we will NEVER go extinct. we're the species that invented Smirnoff ice! and opium! and morphine! which we invented as a cure for opium addiction. and heroin! which we invented to cure the morphine addicts. and then methadone! which we came up with to cure the heroin junkies. my point is, there's no problem too fat for mankind to tackle."

Occasionally Opiated Seb is fresh on the scene. Seb is fresh on the scene. Seb is fresh on the scene.

First of all, I know all about cars getting stolen. Had a Jeep of my stolen TWICE. I also know about fighting and struggling with insurance companies. You're right, that shit is enough to make anyone a furious & nervous wreck.

I sincerely hope that you're getting it taken care of properly. Safety first! (heh)

Next question is, "Is this shit that I'm doing to myself worth it anymore?"

Take care bro.

Never Looked Back HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe has conned a lot of people to get this much rep HydroApe's Avatar

So Chip,
    Still ambidextrous?
    Let us know the scoop when you can.

Thanks guys - I'm on a drip getting the full treatment.
    "Shoot drugs not people"

Never Looked Back Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect's Avatar

glad you got to a doc and are getting that taken care of. keep us posted.

Never Looked Back Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay is just really nice Dr. McKay's Avatar

You are in the best place possible for your "situation" the best thing is not to tell them exactly what you were doing. Just tell them you had an infection there and it just got worse and worse.
    I am sure they will know what is really going on, but once you tell them that you disd it from injecting drugs , it can open up a can of worms that you dont want to deal with.
    they may think you are suicdal, and possibly stick you in the mental part of the hospital.
    I had the samwe thing happen to a good friend of mine.She had a huge abcess on her ass from IMing some oxy concoction. Her ass blew up and they had to lance it and drain it, then thy put her on IV antibiotics for about 3 days . During that time they had her on morphine for the pain .
    Just dont tell them more info than they need.
    all they have to do is look at what you have and they will figure out what is going on.

Junky austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough austinslacker will become famous soon enough

Chipper, seems you got the answers to your physical problem taken care of. However, I hope there is not a next time. But if you still feel as badly as it sounds and can't rant on anyone, don't forget your opio family. Here, you will always find someone to listen to you before you go out and make a porcupine out of yourself. Take care.

Opiophorum Member viking is fresh on the scene. viking is fresh on the scene. viking is fresh on the scene. viking's Avatar

+1 on the dancing bear and also when I was a lurker, before I had an account you were one of the ones who's posts I sought out. Shit sucks sometimes bro but don't cash in the chips quite yet, im sure still a few more good hands to go. (Oh Fuck bad pun.... sorry)
    An old bull and a young bull are standing on a hill as a rancher leads a group of cows into the pasture, at the sight the young bulk turn to the old and says "Hey let's run down there and Fuck us one of them cows!!" The old bull in reply says "how bout we walk down there and Fuck 'em all"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast