Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waismann Method of Rapid Detox

Occasionally Opiated sodamnstrong is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Waismann Method of Rapid Detox

I think I tried this back in 1999 or 2000 and I was still sick for like 2 weeks untill I went to use again. It was like movie fuclking sickness I could not move and I was pucking, drooling, and could barley walk======it sucked. Has anyone had any success with this. Nowadays they make you stay for like a week, back then they let you go thje same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAS THE MOST GREEN BARS! port rhombus has disabled reputation port rhombus's Avatar

Default Re: Waismann Method of Rapid Detox

You think you tried it? As in, maybe you underwent anesthesia-assisted opioid antagonist infusion treatment, but maybe you didn't? Seems pretty expensive (and crooked IMO) to be unsure about. But what do I know?
    Now I need a guillotine, to get you off my mind.

Opiophile fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored's Avatar

if i dropped G's on a detox i think i would have more than a vague recollection.

It's no problem
    I'll just keep quiet if it's easier for you
    To make believe then
    That I don't love you as much as I do

OpioNoMo jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker

Its a sham. No true addiction doctor would endorse it. It can be dangerous as well. I am sure a profitable business though.

The OP did not do this.

Junky Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete is just really nice Pantopon Pete's Avatar

To give the OP the benefit of the doubt, I'm gonna suggest that he might have meant "I think it was 1999-2000 when I underwent yada yada yada..."

For his sake and that of all mankind, I hope I'm right about that. Otherwise, yeah, what a dumbass.
    "We took morphine, diamorphine, cyclizine, codeine, temazepam, nitrazepam, phenobarbitone, sodium amytal, dextropropoxyphene, methadone, nalbuphine, pethidine, pentazocine, buprenorphine, dextromoramide, chlormethiazole. The streets are awash with drugs you can have for unhappiness and pain, and we took them all. Fuck it, we would have injected vitimin C if only they'd made it illegal."

Opiophorum Member jspilt is an unknown quantity at this point jspilt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pantopon Pete View Post
    To give the OP the benefit of the doubt, I'm gonna suggest that he might have meant "I think it was 1999-2000 when I underwent yada yada yada..."

For his sake and that of all mankind, I hope I'm right about that. Otherwise, yeah, what a dumbass.
    That's exactly how I read it too. "I think" referencing the time he went through it, not the rehab.
    I tried and tried, I never learn, there's only one way out ...Push Down and Turn

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

LoL

You Think??? Or did you experience withdraws once? In which case they were withdraws, not "waismann" detox.

The idea is that all the opiates are stripped from your receptors and you are asleep for the WD. Chicago tried it and said it worked for starting you opiate naive again. Nothing for the addiction aspect.

Oh and you have movie sickness huh?
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Never Looked Back OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically is one bad motherfucker OpiatedChronically's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeN View Post
    LoL

You Think??? Or did you experience withdraws once? In which case they were withdraws, not "waismann" detox.

The idea is that all the opiates are stripped from your receptors and you are asleep for the WD. Chicago tried it and said it worked for starting you opiate naive again. Nothing for the addiction aspect.

Oh and you have movie sickness huh?
    that shit cracked me UP! LOL you funny muh-fucka you....

and this just sounds like you get to sleep through the most intense part of the WD experience, while being SO FORTUNATE to be awake for the much, MUCH longer, painful mental and physical process of recovery, as you stated. IMO, still suffering from physical WDs after the procedure is fucking pointless and a robbery of people's hopes and money. So I'm gonna pay a few grand to go night-night for the first couple days and then STILL go through hell afterward? No thanks, I'll just kick the regular way, 2 days compared to 2 weeks is NOT worth it IMO.

Good luck to anyone who tries this, seriously, you will need it.
    “I loved when Bush came out and said, 'We are losing the war against drugs." ....You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it!!" ~Bill Hicks

Opiophile Moderator Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

I don't know why people are making a big deal out of his first sentence, I thought it was pretty clear what he meant. Technically he didn't even word it wrong, just a bit awkwardly. And his account of it pretty much jives with the other accounts I've read, so I've no reason to doubt him.

And yeah, it's an idea that seems perfect on paper, but in practice doesn't work and can be downright inhumane. Not much else to say about it IMO, but I'm fascinated to read people's stories about it nonetheless.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Heard a LOT of horror stories and never heard anyone rave about how great it is.

Personally,I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

EDIT,shame Chi ain't here-he had a hell of a story about DR Waismann.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I don't know why people are making a big deal out of his first sentence, I thought it was pretty clear what he meant. Technically he didn't even word it wrong, just a bit awkwardly. And his account of it pretty much jives with the other accounts I've read, so I've no reason to doubt him.

And yeah, it's an idea that seems perfect on paper, but in practice doesn't work and can be downright inhumane. Not much else to say about it IMO, but I'm fascinated to read people's stories about it nonetheless.
    Your reading comprehension trumps mine. I do this all the time, where i type like id talk but dont make things clear enough. From the rambling of his first post I thought he meant he wasnt sure if he tried it or not. I understand now he means hes not sure when it was.

Oh, and as much as i like you Indy I still find Movie Sickness hillarious
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Never Looked Back Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz has much to be proud of Benz's Avatar

They do something similar in Britain called Detox 5. You're sedated & kept in a clinic bed for 5 days. They load you up with non opiate comfort meds then give you naltrexone on day 2 or so.

It costs thousands & appeals to family's of addicts. I've heard NOTHING good about it. You leave feeling like shit with a script for naltrexone which an assigned 'care giver' must give you daily.

I'd rather eat my own flesh than do this. They even accept people on MMT, who suffer horrendously. The only person I can see this method working on is MAYBE someone with a codeine habit or something equally lightweight.

Benz

Opiophorum Member Ksimo05 has a spectacular aura about Ksimo05 has a spectacular aura about Ksimo05 has a spectacular aura about Ksimo05 has a spectacular aura about Ksimo05 has a spectacular aura about Ksimo05 has a spectacular aura about Ksimo05's Avatar

I Think i read somewhere that there have been some deaths due to this method .... maybe even after the fact of dropping the ten g notes
    KS~

OpioNoMo Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice

I saw it done once on one the the "Intervention" type shows.

It was really sad. The girl had various and serious medical problems, obviously in need of meds-yet her family convinced her she would be just fine on non-narcotics for the rest of her, what will no doubt be an ephemeral, very painful life.

If memory serves, she was 23 or 24, so lovely, both in personality and in form.

So, they filmed her going in, scared out of her mind, with her parents beside her. She was put in bed, with soft restraints and went under.-In the show, a "Med Prof."-could have been a transporter for all I know, I don't remember them saying her qualifications, and she didn't do anything except watch the poor girl thrash about and sneeze every 3 seconds-sat next to her reading a book.

-Yeah.

They said it was a 3 hour procedure and showed her going through "serious W/D's"-i.e. sneezing, and body jerks, for the entire time.
    Parents stayed by her side, watching the sleazy looking Dr. who would appear now and then, with very skeptical expressions.

So, next, you see her, (don't remember how many hours had passed since she was taken out of anesthesia), walking with her parents help to the car, with a sad smile on her face, trying to be brave it seemed.

Cut to 3 months later.

She is doing just peachy, on the meds to block the receptors, taking non-narcotics for her significantly reduced pain (not verbatim) and doing freaking yoga.

The show made the method look like a dream come true, as it and the family was surely paid to do, but, at least they were up front about the cost-hers was $25,000 and insurance would not cover any of it.

TBH, after the show, I was all over the Internet getting info on this.
    At that time, there were simply mixed reviews, but no deaths or any serious problems. It just worked for some but not others.

It was my Dr. who talked my husband and I out of it. We were both ready for me to try it, check in hand, ready to purchase plane tickets and accommodations, figuring, "What could it hurt?".
    Dr. told us even if I did go through the procedure, that the likelihood of me being able to walk without pain medicine was infeasible at that point due to multi-various reasons, and the "Method" was too new and not tested on enough ppl to make such claims as it did.

Sure made us hopeful for a time though.

Never Looked Back Larkin has disabled reputation Larkin's Avatar

fae, i dont know your sitch, but if you are a cpp then imho getting off opiates all together will certainly be tough to say the least.

if you are willing to try something so extreme and pricey, look into ibogaine

Occasionally Opiated laxx is an unknown quantity at this point laxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin
    yeah this for sure. although i have my doubts about ibogaine it seems a million times better than the weismann method. doesn't seem like any kind of compassionate recovery method just all about the $$.

OpioNoMo Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice Fae is just really nice

Re: Waismann Method of Rapid Detox

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    fae, i dont know your sitch, but if you are a cpp then imho getting off opiates all together will certainly be tough to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by laxx View Post
    yeah this for sure. although i have my doubts about ibogaine it seems a million times better than the weismann method. doesn't seem like any kind of compassionate recovery method just all about the $$.
    I'll definitely look into it. Thanks guys.

ATM, I have been trying for the past 4 months to schedule a Spine Stem trial.
    That, the SS, is supposed to have a 50/50 chance of working, but my Dr. says it's really only about 1/3.
    And, even if it does work, that there is no guarantee that I still won't need meds.
    Insurance does not want to pay for that either, but we are going through with it anyway.

I'm just so fucking sick and tired of the whole CPP routine.
    Tried everything from therapy, Holistic approaches, Chinese herbs, 2 rhizotomys, 3,000 different injections of every kind-the whole shebang.

So, yeah, after dinner, I'll be researching the Ibogaine.

Opiophorum Member INhead will become famous soon enough INhead will become famous soon enough INhead will become famous soon enough

A friend of mine tried this about the same time as the OP. He was on done and he told me about the same story. He never did make it. He said that it was over ten thousand and there was no definite success stories at the time. I can't believe how inhumane this whole process seems. Like some one said its great on paper. I would like too hear if the process has got any better in the years since my friend had it done. Can anyone let us know if its worked for any hard core junkies?

IN

Never Looked Back The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman is a name known to all The_Highwayman's Avatar

I was fortunate that when I got clean my parents ere willung to do anything to help out. They suggested this detox, among a.bunch of other options but I said no way...i heard way too many bad stories (chi,ago's included) that when yoy wake up your atill in hell...

PS....they did this on House one wpisode and it was another thing they screwed up on
    Philippians 4:13

Opiophile Moderator Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a long time ago the Waismann clinic sponsored an ad on opiophile, and the doctor (or one of the doctors) representing it used to post on here. He was VERY harsh towards anyone who was critical of it, and eventually it got to the point where he was either banned or stopped coming here because it became clear he didn't actually care about his patients.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Never Looked Back poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    They do something similar in Britain called Detox 5. You're sedated & kept in a clinic bed for 5 days. They load you up with non opiate comfort meds then give you naltrexone on day 2 or so.

It costs thousands & appeals to family's of addicts. I've heard NOTHING good about it. You leave feeling like shit with a script for naltrexone which an assigned 'care giver' must give you daily.

I'd rather eat my own flesh than do this. They even accept people on MMT, who suffer horrendously. The only person I can see this method working on is MAYBE someone with a codeine habit or something equally lightweight.

Benz
    A chap I knew did detox five years back using his redundancy money to pay. He came back, went to the chemist to pick up a pack of works then spent two days driving various junkies round to score their gear and inevitably ended up finally succombing to temptation..........................twelve years on he's still using daily.

The only person I know of locally actually died of an overdose a couple of days after getting home. A combination of no tolerance and stupidity on his part (drinking a skinful of lager/drinking a few hundred mil of methadone and then heroin on top) killed him.

I've never heard of a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I don't know if anyone remembers, but a long time ago the Waismann clinic sponsored an ad on opiophile, and the doctor (or one of the doctors) representing it used to post on here. He was VERY harsh towards anyone who was critical of it, and eventually it got to the point where he was either banned or stopped coming here because it became clear he didn't actually care about his patients.
    Yeah Indy, I remember that.

I clicked on to read ppl's experiences with the method to see if there had been any progress.

That guy was ripping the members posts apart and was getting more and more-well, went from, "You just don't comprehend the Method" to, "You're just a junkie fuck" sort of thing.

I was shocked to see his placement (?) in the site and was glad when he was booted, or whatever.

If anything made me positive I made the correct choice it was reading his own words and what a huge ass he was.

You're right, he didn't give a shit for anything but save his income and thought this would be a great place to find suckers.

No different from a dealer across the street from a HS.

OpioNoMo SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice SubHuman is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    I saw it done once on one the the "Intervention" type shows.

It was really sad. The girl had various and serious medical problems, obviously in need of meds-yet her family convinced her she would be just fine on non-narcotics for the rest of her, what will no doubt be an ephemeral, very painful life.

If memory serves, she was 23 or 24, so lovely, both in personality and in form.

So, they filmed her going in, scared out of her mind, with her parents beside her. She was put in bed, with soft restraints and went under.-In the show, a "Med Prof."-could have been a transporter for all I know, I don't remember them saying her qualifications, and she didn't do anything except watch the poor girl thrash about and sneeze every 3 seconds-sat next to her reading a book.

-Yeah.

They said it was a 3 hour procedure and showed her going through "serious W/D's"-i.e. sneezing, and body jerks, for the entire time.
    Parents stayed by her side, watching the sleazy looking Dr. who would appear now and then, with very skeptical expressions.

So, next, you see her, (don't remember how many hours had passed since she was taken out of anesthesia), walking with her parents help to the car, with a sad smile on her face, trying to be brave it seemed.

Cut to 3 months later.

She is doing just peachy, on the meds to block the receptors, taking non-narcotics for her significantly reduced pain (not verbatim) and doing freaking yoga.

The show made the method look like a dream come true, as it and the family was surely paid to do, but, at least they were up front about the cost-hers was $25,000 and insurance would not cover any of it.

TBH, after the show, I was all over the Internet getting info on this.
    At that time, there were simply mixed reviews, but no deaths or any serious problems. It just worked for some but not others.

It was my Dr. who talked my husband and I out of it. We were both ready for me to try it, check in hand, ready to purchase plane tickets and accommodations, figuring, "What could it hurt?".
    Dr. told us even if I did go through the procedure, that the likelihood of me being able to walk without pain medicine was infeasible at that point due to multi-various reasons, and the "Method" was too new and not tested on enough ppl to make such claims as it did.

Sure made us hopeful for a time though.
    I saw that same intervention, its the one with the lady who said she takes like 50 percocets a day and has the little wimpy husband who she treats like dirt and the mom who gave her percocets when she ran out? I was also disgusted by how they represented the waismann method in that episode as well, they purposely made it appear as a a cake walk and a miracle instant cure like another poster said to hopefully get the attention of the familys of addicts. That way the family can all gang up on the addict (like in almost every intervention episode) and tell them "you have no excuse to not quit now, its painless and you get to skip all the withdrawal" what a load of crap.

Health Professional jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Definitely.
    JILL
    *Disclaimer: Any information provided or requested in this post is not intended to imply or constitute the existence of a patient/professional relationship between any parties. It is for informational purposes only, unless otherwise under written contract with this writer.

Never Looked Back irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish's Avatar

Even if the method did work, it wouldn't work for addicts. Maybe for people who are dependent for medical reasons, but it's still iffy. Addiction isn't something that is cured by getting the person off the drug, you need therapy of some sort to change the mind-set, and that may be a life-long process in itself.
    irish
    "too many doses and i'm starting to get an attraction" avenged sevenfold
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
    Violence is rarely the solution, but when it is, it is the only solution.
    If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice.

Never Looked Back sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod's Avatar

Icon8 Re: Waismann Method of Rapid Detox

wait....
    wtf there was a "doctor" "advertising" on here???
    like as in "banner ads" or actualy fucking ads that make money??? I'm kinda pissed and fucking jealous at the same time.

I've been trying for MONTHS to get a fucking advertiser for clean rigs, Luer Loks, wheel filters, etc.
    to put an ad on here and all the affiliate managers have told me to go fuck myself ....

and some "DOCTOR" advertised HERE!!! WTF?

I'm salty. the only ads that should support this site should be those of harm reduction, not propoganda. I'm drunk. and angry. fuck.

EDIT: The only method for detox IMO should be one of three:
    1) MMT / subs
    2) Taper (then find new hobbies)
    3) QUIT OR DIE OR PRISON.

Spork's Naltrexone for rapid detox? I hates the fucking narca----- *FAILS*
    oh and LOPE. right. lope. so theres five actually, maybe seven, or twelve, i dunno

64 daze no opies. alcohol & pot. boring.

+ Reply to Thread