Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sick after taking suboxone for first time?

OpioNoMo Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough

Sub Sick after taking suboxone for first time?

Forgive me if this is not in the right place, but this is the area I really use...

So my sister, who ONLY takes pills...vikes, percs, occasional piece of a roxy or an OC if doesnt have vikes or percs...and can go through WD without them for a day or whatever.

So ran short and had given her a 8mg suboxone film a while ago for this "just in case" time, which happend to occur yesterday..so I get home from work to find out she had been throwing up and sick throughout the day...pretty badly...ice pack on forehead voice was week, diarhea, nausau all the good stuff. This is the FIRST and only time taking a suboxone of any kind and has been tkaing pills for maybe a straight 6 years or so...any ideas on why this may have happened?

Oh and she took a half of a 5mg blue perc the afternoon prior and the following morning 8AM took the suboxone film.

True Blockhead Administrator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

Default Re: Sick after taking suboxone for first time?

Blockhead: "Um, what's a conscience?"

Conscience: "Someone who hates you, but...can't do anything about it.

Occasionally Opiated BrewCity Opi is an unknown quantity at this point BrewCity Opi's Avatar

She took it way to soon after her last dose of DOC so it sent her into PWS. That's why you should always try to wait at least 24 hours before you try taking any sub

True Blockhead Administrator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

This .pdf explains it better than I ever could (technically, at least):

http://www.naabt.org/documents/naabt_precipwd.pdf

True Opiophile upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007 is one bad motherfucker upstate_007's Avatar

If it is not PW, it could be that bupe was way too strong for her. I know opiate naive people who have taken a sub and puked their brains out, high as fuck, feeling like they wanted to die for over 24 hours.

If she just takes a hydrocodone or a perc here and there, that might be the case.

I would still think precip withdrawal though.
    it's up or out and the ladder's on fire

Junky onewayonly will become famous soon enough onewayonly will become famous soon enough onewayonly will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by upstate_007 View Post
    If it is not PW, it could be that bupe was way too strong for her. I know opiate naive people who have taken a sub and puked their brains out, high as fuck, feeling like they wanted to die for over 24 hours.

If she just takes a hydrocodone or a perc here and there, that might be the case.

This is what i would agree with PWS dont last 6 hours. I have had PWS taking sub a few hours after doing a 10 bags of H and it does not last all day.

PWS suck balls but you are not throwing up and shit all day. Max i would say is 2 hours. Mine was 1 hour of hell.

Bupe can be very strong to a person who has never taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by onewayonly View Post
    This is what i would agree with PWS dont last 6 hours. I have had PWS taking sub a few hours after doing a 10 bags of H and it does not last all day.

PWS suck balls but you are not throwing up and shit all day. Max i would say is 2 hours. Mine was 1 hour of hell.

Bupe can be very strong to a person who has never taken it.
    PWS symptoms and length can vary from person to person; I once stupidly took bupe straight after a shot (had no idea what PSW was at the time), and it had no ill effect whatsoever.

YMMV.

Flowery Jackass Moderator flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl needs no introduction flowergirl's Avatar

From 5mg percs to a whole 8mg strip is a LOT. IMO, she took entirely too much. Who know if it was PWD for her, since that varies from person to person. Maybe a combo of that AND too much...

PDO, I moved your thread from the heroin forum to the bupe forum.
    Last edited by flowergirl; 08-25-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: inform of thread move

Opiophile Moderator SeVeN has disabled reputation SeVeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
    From 5mg percs to a whole 8mg strip is a LOT. IMO, she took entirely too much. Who know if it was PWD for her, since that varies from person to person. Maybe a combo of that AND too much...
    ^^^ Either your sister is holding out and using more than you think, or if what you say is true, she took way too much bupe. She should have taken a quarter of an 8mg strip.
    Tiocfaidh ar la

Trust No One

“It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom”
    ― Alfred Jarry

“People who boast about their IQ’s are losers.” Stephen Hawking

Never Looked Back doctor diesel has disabled reputation doctor diesel's Avatar

Yep, that was definitely much too big a dose of bupe - 0.5mg would have been more like it.
    Incidentally, when I am not used to bupe and I take even a small dose of it, it makes me throw up for a few hours.

Doc
    TOP JUNK FROM TOP JUNKIES
    PAUPS "A long, narrow foot usually matches a long, narrow face, while stubby toes usually belong to beady eyes"
    DAK "People are worried I'll get so skinny I fall through my asshole and hang myself"
    CHOPS "You gotta be pretty smart to know you're stupid"
    JAMESDIGITS "I've seen horrible people in clinics and had to wait outside due to the stench"
    MAKITA "It wasn't MRSA and it wasn't necrotic fasciitis, it was just some fucked-up shit*"

*Medical term

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeN View Post
    She should have taken a quarter of an 8mg strip.
    If even that much.

OpioNoMo ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker

it think maybe she just needs a swift kick in the ass.. hydros? please.. i got hangovers that are worse than the withdrawal from 20mg OC or hydro.

OpioNoMo Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough Pdotizzle will become famous soon enough

Wow...congratulations Ausativa! Heres to your awesome hangovers dude!

--- auto merge ---

AND MODERATORS BITCH? EHH...OR JUST ONE? YEA, IM DECIDED. YOU FEEL THE NEED TO JUST WHAT GET YOUR POSTS UP BY JUST THROWING NONSENSE INTO A THREAD? INSTEAD OF CONTRIBUTING?...DEF GONNA JUST LEAVE IT AT THIS, BUT HOPE YOU ARE AS COOL AS YOU SEEM, CUZ YOUR WD'S MUST BE THE SHIT.

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

I think it was precipitated withdrawal, if she was too high it wouldn't have caused diarrhea....yeah everyone's different but it's REALLY weird for someone to get diarrhea from opiates.

From the original post it seems like you're under the impression that suboxone only causes precipitated withdrawal once you're already on suboxone or something? If you're taking regular opiates, and take suboxone before you go into serious withdrawal, it'll cause precipitated withdrawals.

And like someone else said, consider the possibility that she's downplaying her level of usage, she might be more tolerant/dependent than you think.

Either way she'll feel better soon enough, as long as she isn't falling out of consciousness she'll be fine.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Opiophorum Member miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138's Avatar

sounds like too much sub for her tolerance to me,8mg is a hell of a lot for her habit, i just don't see 2.5mg of oxy roughly 18 hours (lunchtime to 8am)before subs causing pws, granted everyone is different, but oxy has such a short half life. when i decide to use subs (rare occasion as i hate them) i usually try to stop dope for at least 2-3 days and just maintain on oxy for those 2-3 days and once the dope is out of my system i can take oxy and 6 hours later jump to small doses of sub with no problem.
    i do this because i just find it way easier to switch from oc to sub than dope to sub, one of the main reasons being, i don't have to wait as long or be nearly as sick,with dope i have waited 24 hours and still got pws.

Occasionally Opiated Podcom is fresh on the scene. Podcom is fresh on the scene. Podcom's Avatar

This shot happened to me recently. I waited a full 24 hours. Runny nose, aches, tired as shit. Luckily I had 2 xanax bats that I took right before but immediately, like 2 mind after taking the sub my entire body got really hot (exactly like getting hit with narcan) and I began shivering violently. I was comingg off a 3 week 100dollr a day h habbit and only took two mg subs. The bars ended up knocking me out but the initial onset was hell

Never Looked Back odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd is a splendid one to behold odd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upstate_007 View Post

Same. I gave my friend a 8MG 'bupe pill when I was first on them not knowing how they were on a non-opiate person. I told my buddy about them and he went for it anyway. For hours afterward he was regretting it. Puking non-stop, sweating, shakes, super dry mouth, etc all while he was crazy high.

Cherry Fuckin' Syrup Snoops has disabled reputation Snoops's Avatar

I took an 8mg Suboxone for the first time when I was only using similar drugs at similar doses (Percocets, Vicodin) so, I basically had a reset tolly... I was a far cry from daily use.

Anyway, yeah. My brother had been on Suboxone for a little while. I knew that it was a maintenance med, so I knew that it would be pretty decent.

So my bro gives me one, and he tells me to let it melt under my tounge. I was kinda puzzled, as it was the first sublingual tablet I'd ever had. So I go ahead and do the damn thing, then finish getting ready for work.

There I am, bout 15mins later on a heavy ass nod at a stop sign. Some asshole blowing his horn at me.
    I got to work and had all the signs of being "Smacked Back". I was nauseous. I was in a cold sweat. I felt like I could puke. I was all pale n' shit... I was simply put, "Too High"

I'd bet that was the case, as I have been thrown into PWD's before as well, and it only goes on for about a few hrs. It ain't an all day long event. Then again, everyones different. And I've seen people work themselves up into some pretty good psychosomatic sicks before.

Kinda too close to call... But if I had to guess, I'd say that the potency of the Bupe had more to do with it.

Buprenoriphine has a mutant like affinity for the mu opioid receptors, and is terribly strong stuff for someone with little to no tolerance.
    "If you're going to be a junky, be a righteous junky" -Nick

True Opiophile alowishus has disabled reputation alowishus's Avatar

Don't let the door hit y..... it already did.

Thanx for playing.

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    - Emo Phillips

+ Reply to Thread