Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reducing pain and numbness after missing vein with subutex

Occasionally Opiated PoppyHeadStoner is fresh on the scene. PoppyHeadStoner is fresh on the scene. PoppyHeadStoner is fresh on the scene. PoppyHeadStoner's Avatar

Needle Reducing pain and numbness after missing vein with subutex

Problem: My friend missed a vein while shooting Subutex, she used a vein that was located between her wrist and her elbow and had about 60cc's under her skin. When she missed almost immediately she began to lose feeling. The numbness ran all the way to her fingers and trying to pick up even as much as an empty water bottle was painful. She couldnt move her wrist or her arm very well and she also had trouble spreading and clenching her fingers. The pain was almost unbearable.

Solution: When she got home she got a bucket of water and filled with ice and took 400mg of ibuprofen in case of swelling. She stuck her forearm in the ice for as long as she could and had to take it out occasionally but overall she had it in there for over twenty minutes. After this what seemed to be a soon doctors visit was reduced to minimal pain and numbess and was able to move her arm. She still has time to see if the pain will come back but the bucket of ice helped a whole lot.l

Edit: she was startled by a loud noise and accidentally slammed 60 units (not cc's into her wrist along with the needle. the shot was not intentional.
    Last edited by PoppyHeadStoner; 08-14-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: missing info
    Doug and Sally inside
    They cookin' for the Down Pipe
    Who's staring at Miss Rayon
    Who's busy licking off her Pig Pen
    I'm searching for my mainline
    I said I couldn't hit it sideways
    Aw just like Sister Ray said
    Whip it on em

Never Looked Back thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy has much to be proud of thatoneguy's Avatar

Default Re: Reducing pain and numbness after missing vein with subutex

60cc's? or do you mean 60 units on a syringe?
    IM IN HOT PURSUIT OF A PROSTITUTE

OpioNoMo ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker

use a heating pad, and massage the shit out of it, even though it hurts. the numbness could be from knicking a nerve or maybe an artery, but more likely a nerve. for future reference, re-register if you are prone to missing your shots. develop a better technique and never unload a full syringe knowing that your probably missing. recipe for abscess.

Occasionally Opiated PoppyHeadStoner is fresh on the scene. PoppyHeadStoner is fresh on the scene. PoppyHeadStoner is fresh on the scene. PoppyHeadStoner's Avatar

so basically i'm worried about her getting an abscess. the feeling is returning to her arm but it is still very painful. the skin was not discolored, and i don't think a doctor is necessary at this point... Like I said before the loud noise startled her into slamming the half inch needle all the way into her forearm (not her wrist) while the slamming the shot at the same time. I'm still concerned. Any advice you guys?
    Doug and Sally inside
    They cookin' for the Down Pipe
    Who's staring at Miss Rayon
    Who's busy licking off her Pig Pen
    I'm searching for my mainline
    Aw just like Sister Ray said
    Whip it on em

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

Like Aus said the numbness is most likely from nicking a nerve, cocaine will numb you when missed but no opiates will.

Second just get a bucket of steaming water (epsom salt optional) and a rag, dip the rag in the steaming hot water and compress the area you missed in.
    And when there is no hope...
    ...I smoke some crack I shoot some dope.

True Blockhead Administrator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

Sounds like your friend hit an artery to me, which can be very painful (arteries aren't supposed to carry injected solutions, and can be very sensitive, due to nerve endings or something); there'll be some possible swelling, but it'll go down eventually. Usually arteries are deeper down under the skin, but sometimes they can be right next to veins, and even register like 'em too!

The real danger is if your friend had hit an artery in her neck; if stuff starts swelling up 'round there, it could stop you breathing!

Subs are full of lactose and other gunk as well, so shooting them's a bad idea; watch for abscesses over the next few days too.
    Blockhead: "Um, what's a conscience?"

Conscience: "Someone who hates you, but...can't do anything about it.

Health Professional jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill's Avatar

Nothing to do right now, if it 'looks' normal. Watch for the signs of an abscess developing and then seek appropriate treatment.

Hope it all works out ok!
    JILL
    *Disclaimer: Any information provided or requested in this post is not intended to imply or constitute the existence of a patient/professional relationship between any parties. It is for informational purposes only, unless otherwise under written contract with this writer.

Health Professional candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy is cooler than ice candy's Avatar

Sounds like she hit a nerve! With the numbness and pain it has to be a nerve she hit. I would just watch the area for signs of an abscess and treat it accordingly. Hitting an artery is painful yes, but you would know you hit an artery. Much different scenario that hitting a nerve.

Injecting subs is just a bad idea all around!

True Blockhead Administrator Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie is better than sex! Fat Pie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Sounds like she hit a nerve! With the numbness and pain it has to be a nerve she hit.
    Could indeed be a nerve too.
    Blockhead: "Um, what's a conscience?"

Conscience: "Someone who hates you, but...can't do anything about it.

+ Reply to Thread