Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mallinckrodt brand fentanyl patches

Junky chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski's Avatar

Icon8 Mallinckrodt brand fentanyl patches

Tried to search for something on this, but since we have a use named mallinckrodt, the search is fucked.

Anyway, I got my hands on 5 50mcg/h mallinckrodt patches the other day. I'm used to the duragesic matrix type -- I cheek them and can get quite high on 1/3 of a 75mcg/h dura patch. The mallinckrodts are matrix style, but smaller and 'thicker' than duras. For my first try I cut one in half and cheeked it. 25mcg/h would normally give me a nice buzz in 25 minutes. I didn't feel anything for an hour or more, so I added the other (cheeked). Having underestimated the duragesics before, I was kind of worried about having 50 in my mouth, but I really was feeling nothing. 2 hours later and I still don't feel ANYTHING. I keep trying to convince myself something's happening, but it was placebo affect at best.

So I think, maybe they are abuse proof so I'll have to use them as directed. The next day I start putting them on and end up with over 150 worth all over me (please don't do this, it's stupid). Tried heating them up, ect. NOTHING! These came from sealed, unexpired 'envelopes' (whatever you call them). the only thing I can think is the person they came from left them in a REALLY hot car or something and they got fucked. I talked to the person I got them from and her boyfriend had the same experience -- she thought he was just trying to get more when he complained they didn't work.

I just got a buzz off of 2 roxies so this isn't some ridiculous tolerance thing, or because I take small amounts of suboxone (2-3 mgs) between runs.

TLR
    Based on FDA docs I saw on google, mallin has been making fent patches for less than a year. Has anyone else tried them? Do they work buccally? WTF do you think might have happened with the ones I got?

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

Default Re: Mallinckrodt brand fentanyl patches

Strange. I have never had the Malli matrix patches but the other patches have always worked really well. For cheeking ...sucks really.

LIFETIME MEMBER Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May's Avatar

I have just started to get them as well, from my pharmacy in the last few months, and I can tell you that they are not my favorite. I am not quite sure what it is about them, but they just don't seem to work as fast, or give you what many look for when cheeked.

For whatever reason, intentional or not, the delivery system sucks, and even when used as directed, I have problems.

My favorites are the Sandoz brand, which are thinner and larger, and are exactly the same as the Durgesic (non-gel) brand in every way. I can take one of those off when it's time, and wait until the next morning to reapply....the meds seem to stay pretty steady for up to 12 hrs in your system, before I feel the need to put on a brand new one.

With the Mallies, I can take it off, take a shower, and within hours, I can feel almost w/d effects, quickly needing to put another new one one, within a short time of removing the first one.

So, I really don't think it has to do with the way it was handled before you aquired them....I just believe that they progress slowly in your system, and for whatever reason, just don't work as well as the others.

Unfortunately, for the last several months, the mom and pop pharmacy that I love to use, b/c they're just so fast, close to my clinic, and usually have everything I need in stock, unfortunately seem to be getting ONLY the Malli's last several months.

I mentioned to them that I really liked the Sandoz better, even because the Malli's adhesive makes me break out as well. She said she would try and ask for those, but mainly are just sent, whatever brand the wholesaler has in stock at that moment.

If it continues, I may just have to start using a new pharmacy....not sure I can take a 3rd month of these....and I get 15 of the 100's, which feel more like the 50's.

The medications is in their obviously...and even though all patches do take certain amounts of time for them to reach their useful stage, these do seem to take MUCH longer. So my friend...unfortunately, you are NOT ALONE! Thumbs down for Mallies....so much harder to get the proper relief out of them, at least for me!!

Hope this is of some help to you Chinaski!

Junky chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski is a glorious beacon of light chinaski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maddi May View Post
    I have just started to get them as well, from my pharmacy in the last few months, and I can tell you that they are not my favorite. I am not quite sure what it is about them, but they just don't seem to work as fast, or give you what many look for when cheeked.

For whatever reason, intentional or not, the delivery system sucks, and even when used as directed, I have problems.

Hope this is of some help to you Chinaski!
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm wondering. If it's true (the Mallie patches are that fucked up in general), I want to make sure it's easy to find on here. I couldn't find anything about it at bluelight or the other usual suspects -- and nothing here of course.

For me, the adhesive was the best I've ever seen. It's like it fuses to your skin. The duragesics always need a bandaid or something over them to keep them on over a day or too much movement, for me at least. But after 2 days and 5 patches I can only say the ones I got were about 1/100th effective, if that. That's why I think something happened to them, even on top of what you're saying.

LIFETIME MEMBER Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May's Avatar

Yes...so true about the great adhesive. I wonder if it's harder for the meds to pass through that part of the system?

I am not surprised you haven't found much info on them, as far as I can tell at least, they just made it to the market within the last 4 months....no more then the last 6. Even the pharmacy I go to, seemed surprised to see patches made by Malli, so I suspect they are fairly new to the public.

Sorry to hear about the problems....especially when you get pretty excited to finally find some!

Good Luck and if ya find anything else about them, let me know! All the best! MM

Opiophorum Member OP8world is just really nice OP8world is just really nice OP8world is just really nice OP8world is just really nice OP8world is just really nice OP8world is just really nice OP8world is just really nice OP8world is just really nice OP8world is just really nice OP8world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm wondering. If it's true (the Mallie patches are that fucked up in general), I want to make sure it's easy to find on here. I couldn't find anything about it at bluelight or the other usual suspects -- and nothing here of course.

For me, the adhesive was the best I've ever seen. It's like it fuses to your skin. The duragesics always need a bandaid or something over them to keep them on over a day or too much movement, for me at least. But after 2 days and 5 patches I can only say the ones I got were about 1/100th effective, if that. That's why I think something happened to them, even on top of what you're saying.
    I have extensive experience with the Mallinckrodt brand, Sandoz, and Duragesic. I only recently acquired the Mallinckrodt brand.
    I share your experience. Even when cheeking a brand new 50mcg patch (which would be dangerous and stupid if it were another brand), I just barely feel anything,... and I'm not sure if it is any more than placebo effect. If I cheeked a new 50mcg Sandoz brand, I might OD.

The adhesive on Mallinckrodt brand is fantastic. The only downside is that it seems to release close to zero fentanyl whether I use it transdermally, or place it under my tongue, or chew it up like chewing gum. With a brand new patch I do experience that familiar fentanyl taste, but the sensation it provides could be mistaken for a placebo.
    I thought that they must just be super-duper abuse proof, and assumed that if I wear it as I should it will work as well as other brands of fentanyl patches. This assumption was wrong. wrong. wrong. I wore double what I was normally wearing at the time, and felt ill 18 hours later (when they should have been working as well as they ever will). I felt as though I had no opiates at all in my system. At that time, I felt dope-sick and had two 75mcg patches on. I had cold sweats, was sneezing like crazy, and reinspected the packaging of the patches. I thought "There is no way this can be fentanyl!!!" After thorough examination and internet searches of photos I had to accept that these are real, legit Mallinckrodt pacthes. They were new when I put them on.

18 hours after applying double the usual dose should have had me in a state of oblivion, but I was dopesick. The way I realized that I was correct to believe that zero, or close to no fentanyl was entering my system was when I ate 20mg morphine, I felt much much better. I wasn't high by any means, but certainly less dope-sick.
    A person who normally uses 75mcg Sandoz patches, who has applied 150mcg fentanyl (Mallinckrodt) 18 hours prior should have enough opiates in the system to not even feel 20mg morphine. My experience was that 20 mg morphine brought me from complete withdrawls to a state of manageable withdrawls.

Like you, all I can do it assume that even though the patches appear new and are actual name-brand (not fake), that they must have been exposed to extreme heat, or that they must have endured some incident that effectively killed 99% of the fentanyl in them.

I have tried Mallinkrodt patches fresh from a pharmacy as well as Mallinkrodt patches that had previously been in the hands of strangers (and stored by strangers). Every time, my experience is that they are not real. They are some kind of joke.

It's a mystery to me. I absolutely concur that Mallinckrodt brand fentanyl patches are just awful, and flawed beyond belief.

One of two things MUST be true. Either Mallinckrodt brand patches do not contain as much fentanyl as they should, OR the release system permanently traps the fentanyl, thereby inhibiting any body's ability to absorb more than 1% or 2% of the fentanyl in the patch. I wonder which is true,... it doesn't contain the drug? or it cannot release the drug. Which is it?

Cherry Fuckin' Syrup Snoops has disabled reputation Snoops's Avatar

Way trippy to me that this topic has surfaced... I myself was able to procure 5 of the 100mcg/hr patches of the same Mallie brand.

Now, I am also on 110mg of maintenance methadone. So I really wasn't expecting more than perhaps some better management of my CP (as I only get a few hrs of relief from my once daily dose of 'done)

My reasoning was that if I were to wear the patch as directed, surely I would be able to find some relief from my CP, later on in the day...

BUUUUUZZZZZZZZ!!! Wrong.

I felt as though I had been had as well. I searched with a great ferver on the web for some kinda info on these imposter MF'ers. But to no avail. I couldn't turn up a single nugget of useful info.

Mind you, I tried all the known techniques (I.e. Heat, time, proper placement, etc.)

Nada. Zip. Zilcho. Moot. Buttkus. Nothin' doing.

So I did the next best desperate thing that I could think of... And please, don't judge me.

I opened a new patch (leaving the original one from the day prior on). I placed it sticky side down on a square of foil. And I lit the fucker up.

The patch began to curl up. And a vape rose up from the curling square of a fent patch. I got a nice big ol' fat good hit (not placebo) of vape. And a very pleasant rush. Mind you, on my dose of M'done... It had been waaaay too long since I've experienced such a rush.

Now I know that this isn't exactly the wisest decision I've ever made. But nevertheless. I did it.

Now... There is a downside. And isn't there always a downside?

As I continued to put flame to the now gooey plastic atop my foil, the vape was now rising up with an acrid plastic smoke. But being the opio-trooper that I am. I hung in there and took it down into my lungs like a man gatdammit!

I mean, why not? I've smoked more than my share of OC's and Roxys (and those things fuckin kill my lungs) especially being a pack a day Marlboro Red 100's smoker.

I eventually let the plastic goo cool down to a warm state, rolled it up into a ball. And began to put flame to it at an angle, much like you would when chasing the dragon with a Roxy or OG/OC. And with surprisingly good results...

Now I know that I will receive a ton of scoffs from the Nay-Sayers. But as I whole heartedly admitted. This practice isn't the best of ideas. But I did get quite a few good hits of Fent using this technique.

And seeing that I am not alone in this "Mallie Fent Patch" experience. I felt obligated to tell my tale to my fellows here at opi.

Side Note: I would barely let the very tip of my flame to touch to the foil, at very short intervals. Don't go scorching the hell outta it, to yeild best results. In my experience.

Thanx for playing... -Snoops
    "If you're going to be a junky, be a righteous junky" -Nick

Occasionally Opiated PdoubleE is an unknown quantity at this point

Scrape the thick glue adhesive off. Then they are on par with mylan. They actually hit harder but only last like 2 hours.

Occasionally Opiated OxyDieselMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I jus got 5 of the 100 mcg patches they work if u separate the adhesive membrane they work great bucally it's annoying to get the adhesive off but once you do they hit hard bucally. I also when removed the adhesive the patch is cellulose like rolling papers I put a small piece on foil and Smoked the patch I got a nice fat fent hit from tiny cut pieces of patch.
    Last edited by OxyDieselMan; 03-30-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Occasionally Opiated Hazy is an unknown quantity at this point Hazy's Avatar

I've been on the patches for 7 years now. I have Chronic Pancreatitis. From my experience some brands work better than others. I prefer Durogesic but sometimes have had to make do with patches called Matrifen. They're thicker and will stop me from withdrawing, but they just don't give the same type of pain relief as the Durogesics. It used to say on my prescription Fentanyl 100 mcg patch but I got my doctor to change it to Durogesic 100 mcg patch to make sure I always get the brand that I prefer. The Durogesic stick better than the Matrifen anyway, and that's what I told my G.P so I had a good enough reason to change brands.

Opiophorum Member Swy will become famous soon enough Swy will become famous soon enough Swy will become famous soon enough Swy's Avatar

Glad I'm not the only one who had this issue. I'd gotten a few gels but now it's back to the mally mylans. I gave a couple to my mom (chronic pain patient) and she said that they didn't work near as well as the brands she was prescribed in the past. That's transdermal use with no abuse/tampering. I tried cutting them up and cheeking them like I'd done back in the day with other mylan brands. I thought my tolerance was fucked up or something but after removing the adhesive and gumming that and the plastic tops for 20 min, I caught a deep nod, pupils were gone and I was itchy as hell.

I had read and tried removing the adhesive, balling it up and smoking it or even smoking a small piece of both plastic and adhesive, all I got was a weak hit and it fucked my lungs up/coated my teeth with this weird film. After the adhesive is off and most of it absorbed off the top, I tried ODM's smoking the cellulose type top. It is the closest to smoking gel as I've gotten. edit: maybe the first piece was a fluke or was different somehow, the other pieces were same as any mylan smoking effects I got. That first rip gave me that "whole body orgasm" that gel rips give
    Last edited by Swy; 05-31-2013 at 02:09 PM.

"Number 4, this don't really fly no more. Cuz who don't get high on they own supply?"

+ Reply to Thread