+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long does it take an employer to get drug test results?

Opiophorum Member whiterobot122 is an unknown quantity at this point whiterobot122's Avatar

Default How long does it take an employer to get drug test results?

Okay, I'm not asking how long it takes for the results to be prodcued, but rather how long it takes the employer to get the results. I took a test for a pharmacy job June 17th, I got a call on June 23rd from the Medical Review Officer stating that methadone had come up in my urine and if there is any reason for it to be there. I am on an MMT program and immediately after getting off the phone with him, my clinic faxed over a great letter stating everything needed to prove I am scritped it, this was very early in the morning when faxed over. I called the employer friday evening to ask if there was anything else I needed to do before starting and they stated "Nope, we're just still waiting on your test results, your background is clear but we haven't gotten the test results from the lab, but as soon as we do, and they're clear, we'll start you immediately. I'll have _____ check tonight to see if the results are in and call you." So that was a nice relief...except for the fact that the results are not in the computer and I never got a call back that night. There is no way for them to know I am on MMT, so that's not an issue and I know for fact that they want me to work there, I was offered the job on spot in a 10 minute interview pending my results/background check and within 7 days of putting in my application they contacted me asking if I could come in immediately for an interview. So now I'm just wondering why the results aren't getting published in the database? I called the MRO's office and they stated to call back on Monday...

Why would it take so long to get the results when the MRO has already contacted me and my prescription information was already received by the MRO that same day, 15 minutes after getting off the phone with him? I know they just plug the results in the database and the employer logs in to see them. Any suggestions as to why?

Shoot, the suspense on waiting for the employer to get the results which are clean, is worse than waiting for the drug test results in general. I wanna start work!

Opiophorum Member Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart's Avatar

Default Re: How long does it take an employer to get drug test results?

Congratulations on the job man! That's awesome that you got it.

Sorry I'm no help with your Q just wanted to say ^^

Maybe someone is just being slow at one of there positions?

Sig made by Disconnect

Opiophorum Member whiterobot122 is an unknown quantity at this point whiterobot122's Avatar

Thanks man! Didn't run into you today but I came very early, that's probably why. Hope all is well on your side.

I will work in the medical field one day and this is a great opening to start in that direction. I'm very lucky to land a pharmacy job.

Yea that's what I'm thinking...someone is not doing their job right or on time. The company says it takes 1 to 2 days max to get results...so I don't know why mine are taking so long. I understand that at first my test came up positive for methadone..so in turn they had to do GC/MS, resulting in my test taking longer to get back, but the day after giving the MRO my script info, the results should have been published. I hope by monday I get a call

Opiophorum Member Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart is just really nice Candy Heart's Avatar

Yea your good bro. I went in around 715ish and had... Well, a little problem with the dosing nurse... Email me through my page. I need to ask you a couple Q's

Sig made by Disconnect

+ Reply to Thread