Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xanax 3mg XR

Departed Opiophile rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s's Avatar

Default Xanax 3mg XR

Hola people.....I have not posted or visited opiophile in quite awhile... I do love this site though it is very informing. Anywhoo I guess I will get to the point =) Ok, so I normally get prescribed xanax, the 2mg bars each month, but yesterday at my doctors appointment I told my doc that i was researching the Xanax 3mg XR pills and wanted to try them, and she said yes =)

SO....what I am wondering is, has anyone else tried these and how do you like them? I know that the regular xanax pills are instant release meaning they hit you in no longer than like 20-30 minutes and then they only work for like 4 hours or so. Now, the XR stands for Extended Release, and its 3mg instead of 2. I have been digging around online to find out as much info as possible and I cant find what I am looking for I just want to know if they are better, or.....GOOD. I just took my first one so I guess I will know shortly, or rather, in a while how I like them.

Im still not communcating the best I can about what exactly my question or concern is. If any one has experience with this particular form of xanax can you reply and tell me how they worked for you? I guess that might help me to understand exactly how an extended release pill works....I mean I KNOW that it is released over alonger period of time I just want to know that it is still as strong as the regular form. ah geez....i hope this makes some kind of sense. haha....thx
    Last edited by flowergirl; 05-20-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: paragraph breaks just for TTA ;-)

Never Looked Back candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20's Avatar

Default Re: Xanax 3mg XR

i hate them the green triangles if u try and chew it up its like spongy and gets stuck in ur teeth and they taste worse than regular xannies

Never Looked Back TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole is one bad motherfucker TheTalkingAsshole's Avatar

please throw some paragraph breaks on dat bitch
    to cure the soul by means of the senses, and the senses by means of the soul

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

O these are wonderful for relieving anxiety.

I still seem to have to take 2 doses a day even though it is XR. So I'd still prefer my klonopin over these, pretty much just making a pill with a tiny half life and stretching it out, just like any XR opioid pain reliever.

I think if the 2mg IR gave you good results (as far as relieving anxiety,) then you will see even better results with these.

How many times are you supposed to be taking these pills a day?

Are you taking them for anxiety? sleep? getting fucked up?

If your trying to get fucked up or fall asleep real fast id say the 2mg IRs will be better, for anxiety, the 3mg XRs are great.
    It is the deepest darkness that a light shines the brightest.

Never Looked Back seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryan5892 View Post
    O these are wonderful for relieving anxiety.

I still seem to have to take 2 doses a day even though it is XR. So I'd still prefer my klonopin over these, pretty much just making a pill with a tiny half life and stretching it out, just like any XR opioid pain reliever.

I think if the 2mg IR gave you good results (as far as relieving anxiety,) then you will see even better results with these.

How many times are you supposed to be taking these pills a day?

Are you taking them for anxiety? sleep? getting fucked up?

If your trying to get fucked up or fall asleep real fast id say the 2mg IRs will be better, for anxiety, the 3mg XRs are great.
    this is pretty much right on. They are great if you use them as prescribed. they stretch out a short acting drug. its quite a nice option to have. they are way expensive unless you have insurance. that is what turned me away. i never remembered them having gel in them , been a while, i could be wrong.

I would rather have the bars really but if you have bad anxiety and the 3mg xrs work better for you then there you go. if you are taking them more recreationally, then obviously go for the normal 2mg IRs. Go with what makes you feel better. dont get high off your meds =)
    better the devil you know than the devil you don't

Noddin' & Moddin' mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline's Avatar

Think of it similarly to how Oxycontin and MS-contin work when taken orally(and not chewed or crushed). They are both short acting Opi's, But the pill theyre trapped in makes them release half of the medication immediately, then around the timethe half life runs out, it releases the other half.

Example: Oxycontin 80mg Tablet swallowed whole at 120pm. 40mg of Oxycodone will be released now (half hour-ish), then in 6 hours when the first 40mg starts to wear off, the pill finishes dissolving and the other 40mg is released to keep the levels in your blood steady without major peaks and declines.

The Xanax XR works smilarly to this. You'll get 1.5mg immediatley, then another 1.5mg in 4-6 hours (I think). Xanax XR is a great anxiety drug, (i'm more of a K-pin/Valium man myself) but you wont enjoy it as much as 2mg bars if you're using them to get all bar'd out. ( Term I hard recently for being fucked out of your mind on Benzos, lol)

How many a day did she RX you? How many 2mg's were you on daily?
    “ I can’t think of anything off the top of my head that seems more important than something designed to raise money to keep something going that keeps IV drug users from dying. ” - Elliott Smith

Departed Opiophile rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s will become famous soon enough rolln7s's Avatar

So I tried them today i took two of them right before dialysis (this is what i use the anxiety meds for) so I had 2 of the 3mg XR's in my system then after like 15 minutes I was possessed by the druggie inside me and I swallowed 2 of the 2mg bars. heh. so.....i dont know yet how they work when taken by themself BUT, It did seem like my benzo "high" went on for a loooong time. so, i kinda like that, take a couple bars and a couple XR's and Im good to go for dialysis. I mean I gotta sit in that damn chair for like 4 hours......plus they give me benadryl IV and BOOM...nighty night =)

Opiophile panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda's Avatar

i hated them things, i am surprised other people liked them for anxiety use. they have very little rec value, but i take my benzos for my panic attacks and my doctor tried me on these. my usual script is 3 bars a day and 2, 1mg kpins a day(it gets flipped every other month like next month 3, 2mg kpins + 2, 1 mg xanax).

anyway before when i wasn't getting them flipped my doctor tried giving me 2 of the 3mg xr's a day along with the kpins(at that time i might have been at 1, 1mg kpin a day though). i wouldn't say the month was all hell and i didn't want to complain but that month did suck. they didn't seem to hit you with that relief, you need(hard to explain without sounding like i want to get high). it just seemed like i was on a borderline panic attack most the time, the kpins helped make it so i didn't have to call and try getting my normal script. no more experimenting for me! i do want restoril for sleep, but he said that be to much benzo's.

i had them one other time as well after that. i asked for something a little extra for the flight to vegas and he gave me those. he did give me 6, even though i was only taking two flights from pittsburgh-vegas and back, i might still have a few hidden somewhere lol.

+ Reply to Thread