Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making Hash Oil + My Trip to the E.R.- A Couple of Safety Tips...

Opiophile To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome's Avatar

Default Making Hash Oil + My Trip to the E.R.- A Couple of Safety Tips...

So yesterday, a friend and I were making some hash oil using the PVC tube/butane method, and I learned a couple of very valuable lessons from it.

First of all- if you don't know anything about the method of making hash oil which I am speaking of, check out this link and you'll see what I'm talking about:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3083.html

Anyways- on our previous hash making session, I noticed that the oil/butane mixture that was dripping out of the bottom of the tube had some plant particulates in it. So this time I wanted to add an extra filter to the bottom to try and filter out this particulate and get an even cleaner finished product. I usually just use a single layer of cotton cloth as a filter, but this time I put a coffee filter under the cloth, in the hopes that the coffee filter would catch any particulate which I didn't want in my final product- BAD IDEA.

I started squirting my first can of butane through the tube, and just towards the end of the first can (which is usually when the liquid starts dripping out the bottom), I noticed that nothing was dripping out yet. I just figured it was taking longer than usual for the liquid butane to make its way down through all the plant material. What was really happening was that the extra filter that I put on the end of the tube (the coffee filter) was fine enough that it wasn't even letting vapors pass through it; and therefore, the pressure inside the tube was building and building...

Then- BAM! The top cap flew off the tube and the dried plant material sprayed with extremely high pressure out of the tube and directly into my right eye. I freaked the fuck out- I seriously thought I was blind in that eye. After a few minutes of painful hysterics, I calmed down enough to actually pry my eye open and look at it in a mirror. There was plant material PACKED underneath both eyelids. I mean, it really fuckin shot my eye with some high fucking pressure.

So I laid down on the floor, and my buddy grabbed a fresh rig with a 25 G needle and began flushing the shit out from underneath my eyelids (which was EXTREMELY painful, I was screaming and wincing in pain like a little bitch the whole time). But- my buddy managed to rinse the majority of the plant material out from under my eyelids. Some of it just would not come out though, not even with q-tips.

So I called my Moms because she is a permanent makeup artist and has a really awesome light in her procedure room (it's exactly the type of light that they have in dentist's offices). I asked her to just take a look at it under the light and see if she could get any more of the shit out of my eye. She tried and tried, but despite all the irrigating and q-tipping, she still couldn't get it all out, because some of it was actually embedded into the insides of both eyelids. So she said "Um, we're going to the ER, because that shit is absolutely embedded into your eyeball and eyelids..." (OH, by the way I told my mom and everyone else that I got the shit in my eye by cleaning out a hole [with compressed air] that I had drilled into a piece of wood- was trying to get the compacted wood shavings out of the hole...etc., etc.)

So I get to the ER, and the doctor looks at my eye with a special light so he could see all the particles, and sees specs of green and brown all up in my eye. He had to pry my eyelids back, one by one, and literally use these tiny little tweezers to dig individual chunks out of there. By the time he was done, he had pulled 18 slivers of plant material out of my eyeball and eyelids. He then put this special dye in my eyeball and put a blacklight over it, in order to see just how bad the scratches were in my eye. The scratched areas are supposed to glow yellow under a blacklight, and both the doc and my Ma were like "Holy shit!" when they saw it. My eye was solid fucking yellow almost. Pretty much nothing but scratches.

So the doctor gave me some Amoxacillin eyedrops, some lubricating eyedrops, and (6) 5/500 mg Vikes and sent me on my way. I took all 6 of the Vikes (which pretty much did absolutely nothing) just so I could try and get some fucking sleep. But the doctor did say that if my eye still hurt as bad this morning, he would prescribe my something stronger for the pain, and you bet your ass I'm gonna follow through on that shit. And not just because I'm a junky, but because my eye still hurts extremely badly and is almost completely swollen shut.

So, the whole point of this, so none of you have to learn the hard way is this:

WEAR FUCKING SAFETY GLASSES! (and of course, I feel totally retarded, because even the article above on making hash oil stresses several times to wear safety glasses, and I still didn't because I had done this so many times before without the slightest problem) DON'T GET COMPLACENT ABOUT SAFETY SHIT!

Also- when making hash oil, don't use anything more for your filter than a single layer of clean cotton. If you wish to filter it more, then do it AFTER it comes out of the tube, before you start evaporating the butane off. Make sure that as you're administering the butane, either vapors or liquid is coming out the bottom. Pay close attention to make sure that the pressure in there isn't just building and building.

Learn from my fucking fail, folks. This was a dumbshit move on my part which could have very easily been prevented... Now I have a lovely hospital bill to pay (which I can't afford)... But at least I was able to salvage most of the plant material and the hash DID get made. And it's GOOD.
    "Now I've got that needle
    And I can shake, but I can't breathe
    Take it away, but I want more and more
    One day I'm gonna lose the war..."

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Listen to Gnome's music at: www.myspace.com/gnometothedome

xMODCOREx FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR is better than sex! FEAR's Avatar

Default Re: Making Hash Oil + My Trip to the E.R.- A Couple of Safety Tips...

Scary shit, my man! I really hope that eye heals properly. Wouldn't wish something like that on one of my enemies, let alone a fellow Opiophile.

Thank the Norse gods for opiates, huh?

"it's gonna be uncomfortable in the normalcy household tonight." - LorTabitha

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Hope you're on the mend soon,man and I,personally,wouldn't bother with oil-it's just not worth the hassle.

Stick with hash and you won't go far wrong.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Junky Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik's Avatar

Holy shit gnome that really sucks getting stuff in your eye is a real pita.

And i was totally caught off guard with where this story went i figured it woulda been a explosion story like when i was making hash oil and forgot to turn of the pilot lite on my stove before i evaporated all the butane out....
    Im Heroin and Sex in One - Dope as Fuck!

Opiophile To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome is a splendid one to behold To Each His Gnome's Avatar

Well, I appreciate the well-wishing, guys. That's cool of ya. Called my doctor back this morning and he called me in 20 more hydro 5/500s. Pretty much skittles I guess, but it's better than nothing! Actually I think the hash is giving me just as much pain relief as the hydros are... ; ) <==(That's not a wink, that's me and my gimp eye)

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"

OpioNoMo ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker

dude gnome i am so sorry but i have been laughing so hard for the last 5 minutes or so reading the originial post. thanks for making my day. too bad you didnt get it on tape or you could of won americas funniest home videos. on a serious note im sorry that has happened to you. im sure it sucks really bad. maybe you can milk an opthamologist or something for some real pain meds eventually. anyway good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ausativa View Post
    dude gnome i am so sorry but i have been laughing so hard for the last 5 minutes or so reading the originial post. thanks for making my day. too bad you didnt get it on tape or you could of won americas funniest home videos.
    Dude- I thought exactly the same thing! If I had a tape of the event happening + the 10 minutes that followed, I bet I'd be gut rollin' on the floor watching that shit over and over. Makes me laugh still just thinking about how fuckin goofy it all musta looked. Kinda like on The Sandlot when the vacuum blows up all over that kid and he's just packed with shit- imagine that only with powdered weed and a lot of cursing... : )

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"

Health Professional jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill's Avatar

Geez, Gnome, I am glad it wasn't worse!!! Hope you heal quickly (luckily, eyes heal very fast, that and the mouth!) So, if everything is out, it shouldn't be too long.
    Take care, man!!

I'm wondering if this should go in Harm Reduction...it is, but in a different way than we usually use it!

EDIT: Thread move to Harm Reduction---> Incidentals/Induction section
    Last edited by jill; 05-16-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: thread moved
    JILL
    *Disclaimer: Any information provided or requested in this post is not intended to imply or constitute the existence of a patient/professional relationship between any parties. It is for informational purposes only, unless otherwise under written contract with this writer.

Never Looked Back Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy has much to be proud of Seedy's Avatar

oh shit man, that must have scared the crap out of you!! i've done something far more stupid making hash oil - i was in my room and had left the heater on. i was real lucky, it went up a few feet away from me and i was able to dive back but it still burnt my hand pretty bad and set my room on fire. still dealing with the consequences of that stupidity.

Never Looked Back AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi is one bad motherfucker AndiPandi's Avatar

Wow Gnome, glad your peepers are going to be ok. The first thing that came to mind was "well, did he get the oil made or not?". heh I would have had to finish making it just out of spite.

Stay safe next time, k.

Health Professional SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by To Each His Gnome View Post
    Well, I appreciate the well-wishing, guys. That's cool of ya. Called my doctor back this morning and he called me in 20 more hydro 5/500s. Pretty much skittles I guess, but it's better than nothing! Actually I think the hash is giving me just as much pain relief as the hydros are... ; ) <==(That's not a wink, that's me and my gimp eye)
    I can't believe the asswipe only gave you 6 pills -seriously, SIX??? That's just not right. Anyway, glad you're ok and it wasn't worse - because it sure could've been (not like I need to tell you that, huh?).

Big time lulz on that last sentence!

Never Looked Back normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420's Avatar

ouch eye shit hurts wear safety glasses always. I get rocks and shit shot in my eyes almost daily at work while weed wacking and its a bitch. you would think Ive learned by now but nope still do it all the time.

Junky Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik has a spectacular aura about Metrik's Avatar

Yea safety glasses really are a godsend. But it always seems to take that one time u get poked/weed explodes in ur eye to get people including myself to wear them when needed. I mean i used to straight refuse to wear them when i was working in a cabinet shop until one day when i was opening a can of lacquer i had pre-mixed with thinner and as soon as i put a tiny bit of pressure on the lid it popped off violently and i got sprayed in both eyes with lacquer and thinner. That shit burned like a mother fucker and i took a whole day for my sight to come all the way back. needless to say i always wear my safety glasses when i even think i might need em.

Safety first kids!
    Im Heroin and Sex in One - Dope as Fuck!

Opiophorum Member steppencyde is an unknown quantity at this point

that rly sux dude im sry. did ur buddy save the bho run?

Never Looked Back poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy's Avatar

Good news that you can still see and it can go down in Gnome history as a painful lesson learned the hardway.

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

I was making same but with isopropyl ... burnt my hand when it caught alight (my fault) and had to go to ER, also. This hash-making has a lot to answer for.
    "Shoot drugs not people"

Never Looked Back seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids's Avatar

Icon9 Re: Making Hash Oil + My Trip to the E.R.- A Couple of Safety Tips...

bho is the best. (that is what my sn is all about, 710 is oil upisde down, and kids cuz we were kids eating it, vaping it, etc)

seriously man, good to hear you are somewhat ok....

you need to change up your tek. Use a stanless steel turkey baster. all the pros use them :biggrin:. you are using way too much butane too. what brand are you using? I suggest using Vector. there are a few other good ones out there too but Vector has never done me wrong. Produces golden SHATTER.

You want to pack about 10-14ish grams in a stanless steel turkey baster. They sell the good ones at bed bath and beyond. they are about 10$. you can order them off their website too.

off the 10-14 grams you pack, you will get at best about 20% on adverage (good run, use full buds, break down to five sack size,or really good sugar leaf).

ANOTHER thing that you did wrong (besides using a pvc piece and not going out side it sounds) is that you only need a lil bit of tane. If you use a full baster and put a half oz in it, you want to use about 1/3 of a 300ml Vector can, so about 100ml of tane. it seems like a little, but you will make the best quality oil out of it.

Oil even makes it sound worse than it is, you should get golden shatter that is plyable and can be balled up, fuck all that shit that is dark black motor oil looking garbage. nasty.

Good luck, i hope you try it again but use cation and google up some good info. Always go outside, use some goggles if you have problems blasting your eye out, and use a LOT less butane.
    better the devil you know than the devil you don't

Quote Originally Posted by seven10kids View Post
    you need to change up your tek. Use a stanless steel turkey baster. all the pros use them :biggrin:. you are using way too much butane too. what brand are you using? I suggest using Vector. there are a few other good ones out there too but Vector has never done me wrong. Produces golden SHATTER.

You want to pack about 10-14ish grams in a stanless steel turkey baster. They sell the good ones at bed bath and beyond. they are about 10$. you can order them off their website too.

off the 10-14 grams you pack, you will get at best about 20% on adverage (good run, use full buds, break down to five sack size,or really good sugar leaf).

ANOTHER thing that you did wrong (besides using a pvc piece and not going out side it sounds) is that you only need a lil bit of tane. If you use a full baster and put a half oz in it, you want to use about 1/3 of a 300ml Vector can, so about 100ml of tane. it seems like a little, but you will make the best quality oil out of it.

Oil even makes it sound worse than it is, you should get golden shatter that is plyable and can be balled up, fuck all that shit that is dark black motor oil looking garbage. nasty.
    I hear ya Bro, and I appreciate your input. But the reason why I use a PVC tube and a bunch of butane (3-4 of the large 228 g cans- and this particular time I used Martin brand stove butane- I've found it to be a tad cleaner than some of the other brands I've used) is because I was making a WAY bigger batch than you are referring to. My starting point was about 1.2 lbs of dried plant material (bud trimmings and top leaf), so It wasn't your typical .5 oz of material procedure. I use PVC for the tube because there is a lot of plant material and I need a tube which is 2" in diameter and about 32" long just to fit all the powdered plant material in it (maybe I'll throw up a couple of pics later so you can see what I'm talking about).

This is also the reason why I use so much butane. If I have 3-4 cans of butane to work with, I'll start squirting the first can in, and nothing starts dripping out the bottom until I have about a full can in there at least- it takes a full can's worth before the plant material inside is even saturated. After it starts dripping into the pan (by the time I've put a full can in there), I'll put 2-3 more cans of butane through it before the plant material is spent of its goodies.

But- like I said- I totally agree with ya. If I was making a smaller batch (.5 oz), I would use a stainless tube and 1 can of butane TOPS. The oil I make is decent quality, too. It's not quite golden honey color like it is when you make it out of straight nugs, but it isn't that black motor oil looking shit, either (like it is when ya make it out of stems and bottom leaf-yuk!). It's right in between, because I make it out of trimmings instead of nugs, but it's the GOOD trimmings (the crystal-y leaf that gets trimmed off of the nugs, mostly. but some regular top leaf in there too). And out of a typical batch this size, I get about 3.5 vials of finished product; whereas if I was making it out of .5 oz of nugs, I would maybe get half a vial in the end.

So, yeah, I appreciate your advice, man. I just figured I'd explain that my reasoning behind the mega-big tube and seemingly excessive amount of butane is the very large amount of material I'm working with.

Peace and honey oil to all... ; )

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"

Opiophorum Member steppencyde is an unknown quantity at this point

ok if u have a pound of plant material bho is the last thing u want to make. bho is for kids who dont have the materials to make good full melt bubble. and i love oil.

Gives No Shits chopstix has disabled reputation chopstix's Avatar

BHO is the purest product you can produce, I use a copper tube & cap and brown paper/duct tape on the business end..

Drop that shit on incense charcoal and it smokes s00per clean.. Yum.
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
    Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by steppencyde View Post
    ok if u have a pound of plant material bho is the last thing u want to make. bho is for kids who dont have the materials to make good full melt bubble. and i love oil.
    As a matter of fact, I don't have (nor can I afford) the materials to make full melt bubble. But I'm an electrician, so pipe and other materials for making BHO are plentiful and free. And besides that, I'd rather have the 3.5 vials of BHO I got out of it than the .6-.7 gram chunk of bubble that I MIGHT have gotten out of it. Remember, we're talking about trimmings and leaf here- not crystal coated nugs. There's a lot more THC to be had by extracting the oils from this stuff than by trying to collect the extremely minute amount of keif that's there.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstix View Post
    BHO is the purest product you can produce, I use a copper tube & cap and brown paper/duct tape on the business end..

Drop that shit on incense charcoal and it smokes s00per clean.. Yum.
    I agree- and have you ever tried bottle tokes? It's essentially the same thing you're talking about. You put a hole in the side of a bottle towards the bottom, then you drip a drop of BHO onto the cherried tip of a cigarette and put just the tip into the hole in the bottle and watch the hash smoke billowing off and collecting inside the bottle. Wait for the hash smoke to stop billowing off, remove the cig, take off the bottle cap and give 'er hell...most def my favorite way to smoke it. I'll have to try the charcoal idea- I have some hookah charcoals laying around here somewhere, sounds quite promising...

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"

Never Looked Back seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids's Avatar

if you find yourself doing larger runs on the regular, get a glass blower to make you a large tube. real easy to come by if you know where to look. i have seen some commercially made actually, but i dont know where they sell em. they are a company called U.S. Hemp. make glass extractors. maybe a website will pop up soon if it hasnt already.

A glass blower can easily make you whatever size you need. the glass tubes are already made in perfect diameters for different size applications. Look at a bong, they just use that tubing. You can make one 2 feet long if you need.

I just like the glass too because you can see the butane penetrating thru the herb and all, you would have never had this problem with glass tube because you could have seen the tane was not coming out right.

Use a coffee filter and a screen like from a screen door or I got mine off one of those grease strainers from a kitchen store. works great but you gotta use the screen or if you use just the coffee filter the butane will just blast the herb thru it and into your purging dish.

you can also look into a glass on glass extractor. it is a tube with a female glass on glass piece on each end. you pack the herb in it then attach the male plugs on each end and the male plugs just have little holes on the other side of the male joint. the butane come out of there and is blasted on the other end.

keep on rockin the bho. it is the future of herb imo. the newest more purely refined stuff. no plant matter is better for the lungs and you can use less to get the desired effect (easy to get really really REALLY baked)
    better the devil you know than the devil you don't

^^^ Hellz yeah Bro, the glass tube sounds like the shizznit; I'm gonna hafta look into it w/ my glass blower buddy- I bet he could knock one out for me in no time...

As far as smoking/vaping BHO, the past couple nights I've been just dropping a nice big glorp of it onto a bowl of dried homegrown spearmint leaf- it tastes amazing and I highly recommend trying it if you get a chance. I would normally just throw it on top of weed if I wanted to actually smoke it, but despite my decently hefty supply of BHO at the moment, I've got no weed, so a was rummaging around looking for smokable herbs to drop it onto and was very pleasantly surprised with the awesome flavor/smoothness of the spearmint/BHO combo...

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"

Gives No Shits chopstix has disabled reputation chopstix's Avatar

^^ I just made some Changa with spearmint, it is nice to smoke..

I like BHO cos if smoked proper, it's very smooth and it being pure CBN&THC, it's extremely potent - I get pretty strong body rushes smoking it... IMO bubble hash tastes better, but BHO is potent shit and super easy to make..
    All posts made under the user account 'Chopstix' are exercises of creative fiction and in no way represent fact or truth. The user account 'Chopstix' is open to multiple authors with a common interest in lawful research and authoring fiction; and as such, no single user is responsible for the entirety of the post content of this account. No content may be reproduced in any form or fashion via any medium whatsoever unless specified with written and notarized permission of the original post author, without exception. Got that? Good! Have a bitchin' day.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
    Krishnamurti

Opiophorum Member miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138 will become famous soon enough miked138's Avatar

wow, glad you are ok, bho is a great product but must be done carefully, there are many stories floating around about people screwing this method up and ending up maimed. imho bho is nice but just too much of a hassle to store etc sticky mess, bubble bags are way to go

Never Looked Back irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish has much to be proud of irish's Avatar

If you are using screen and coffee filter, make sure that it is METAL screen. A lot of what is used on doors and windows is plastic, and depending on the type, the butane may dissolve it and ruin you final product.
    irish
    "too many doses and i'm starting to get an attraction" avenged sevenfold
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
    Violence is rarely the solution, but when it is, it is the only solution.
    If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice.

Oh yeah, since this thread was brought up again- I just got the bill in the mail today for that little E.R. trip...fuckin $904.27. FML...seriously

-Sublime- "Pool Shark"

Opiophorum Member opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by To Each His Gnome View Post
    As a matter of fact, I don't have (nor can I afford) the materials to make full melt bubble. But I'm an electrician, so pipe and other materials for making BHO are plentiful and free. And besides that, I'd rather have the 3.5 vials of BHO I got out of it than the .6-.7 gram chunk of bubble that I MIGHT have gotten out of it. Remember, we're talking about trimmings and leaf here- not crystal coated nugs. There's a lot more THC to be had by extracting the oils from this stuff than by trying to collect the extremely minute amount of keif that's there.
    bubble bags ARE somewhat expensive, but it's a one time expense...

i don't know anyone who's making bho OR bubble hash out of nugs... we use sugar leaf/trim. from 100g of trim we're pulling 20+ grams of dang hash from our bags, and this is a 2 bag system. so if you only figure coming up with less than a gram of hash from over a lb of trim you simply don't know how to make bubble hash. sorry, but it's true.

when we do our BHO i like to do several smaller batches with the our steel tube setup that's made for one can of B. IME there has been a better yield with a consistent stream of butane rather than switching cans and what not... YMMV

i like both bubble and bho, hard to choose one over the other though... i like having both around
    A person may be smart, but people en masse are less than intelligent, to put it lightly

+ Reply to Thread