Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Precipitated withdrawal

Occasionally Opiated Karb Dog is fresh on the scene. Karb Dog is fresh on the scene. Karb Dog is fresh on the scene. Karb Dog's Avatar

Sub Precipitated withdrawal

So yesterday I experienced precipitated withdrawal for the second time in my life. For anyone who hasn't experiend precipitated withdrawal it's far worse than any normal wd I've ever had.

Everytime i've ever switched from fentanyl to subs I always take the patch off right before I fall asleep that way when I wake up in the morning I can snort usually one mg of suboxone in the morning with no problem. Now i also sleep about 12 hours a night due to my sleeping med. Well anyway I decided to wear my patch one extra day which means yesterday at 1 pm was exactly 96 hours with the patch on.

My dumbass thought I would be able to take the patch off during the middle of the day and make it all the way till say, midnight and then do my 1mg of sub. Turns out I couldn't make it past 5 pm. I had forgotten how danm strong fent wd is. I cracked and did something dumb and snorted 1mg of suboxone 4 hours after taking a 100mcg duragesic patch off.

This in turn spun me into one of the worst precipitated wd of my life. It was literally like beads of sweat were popping out of my face . I just wanted to rip my skin off my body. Even though I've got pain in my leg I was kicking them so hard I probably could have kicked my door down. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to die. After about 45 minutes of living hell I crawled over to my closet and literally ripped two fent packages open with my teeth and jammed them in my mouth hoping that it would be enough to break thorough the suboxone. Sure enough about ten minutes later my face dried up, my legs suddenly calmed down, my heart slowed, my thoughts slowed down, and I just fell in to a comfortable relaxation.

I'm just so thankful I had 4 patches at my disposal and that it is strong enough to break through the binding effects of suboxone. I'm pissed bc I was trying to save those 4 patches but I'll settle with 2 if that means I don't have to experience precipitated wd. So to anyone who has experienced a precipitated wd from subs, did anything work for you to break through the effects of it?
    What's my drug of choice?..... Well what have you got?

Never Looked Back Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import's Avatar
    Restaurant at the end of the universe, AKA Seattle

Default Re: Precipitated withdrawal

If you think the pwd from one mg of bupe is bad, just be happy you didn't take more! The low dose of bupe is why you were able to break through it so easily I'd wager.

I've only had one experience w/pwd and it was an utter nightmare. I had been in methadone w/d for a couple days so I figured that it would be OK to take some bupe. I ended up snorting somewhere around 6-8mg, and 5 minutes later I thought I was gonna kill myself. The worst part of w/d for me is the restless leg/hand stuff (not that the uber shitting/puking, panic attacks, depression, insomnia and uber-flu are all that great...) and those symptoms just went INSANE.

Fortunately, it only lasted for about 45 minutes. I had thought that it would last for a couple days, and I was getting ready to go to the hospital or commit suicide. After that, the normal w/d actually felt like sweet relief. This whole thing was off of my 105mg MMT dose. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like for the people who are on like 300mg...

I also can't imagine how bad the pwd would be from taking naltrexone... ugh.

EDIT re:breaking through. I didn't have anything to try and break through with, but I believe that some hospitals use potent fent analogues to do it with some success. If not, then they give you an ativan shot.
    Cheeseburger in paradise

Occasionally Opiated KyleJD1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man I know that feeling too well! I have had it 5 times because of being careless, and I took too big of a dose to breakthrough it. I had to wait it out, and it was HELL! I have never felt worse in my life. I'm glad to hear you got to breakthrough PWD though, its rough to wait it out.

Opiophile panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda's Avatar

NEVER got PWD and when i first started on subs i was using my DOC like 3-4 days(if not more) a week. i wouldn't wait till i was in WD or anything just one day i would do H or oxy and the next day or later on that night i would do 4-8mg's of sub and be fine.

i guess i'm lucky.

Occasionally Opiated Tdigit is an unknown quantity at this point Tdigit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    NEVER got PWD and when i first started on subs i was using my DOC like 3-4 days(if not more) a week. i wouldn't wait till i was in WD or anything just one day i would do H or oxy and the next day or later on that night i would do 4-8mg's of sub and be fine.

i guess i'm lucky.
    I wouldn't call it lucky, you just probably always had bupe on your receptors from being on a higher dose. From the experiences I've read about on here, if you have bupe on your receptors then do your DOC but still have some bupe on your receptors when you go back to bupe you will be fine.

Never Looked Back danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny needs no introduction danny's Avatar

ive never met ANYONE whose changed over from methadone to subutex without some fun and games, everyone forgets just how long that dirty shit clings on to your receptors, hence the biblical rattle
    please someone call my bluff if theyve changed from meth to subbies without feeling like shit on toast, please tell me what dose of both you were on and how long you left it before you took your first subutex, i know people whove left it 4 and 5 days before they changed over and STILL went in to pwds....

Occasionally Opiated Makaveli34 will become famous soon enough Makaveli34 will become famous soon enough Makaveli34 will become famous soon enough Makaveli34 will become famous soon enough Makaveli34 will become famous soon enough Makaveli34's Avatar

I went from methadone to suboxone. I remeber taking waiting 36 hours after my last dose of methadone. I layed down in bed I new it was gonna suck and put a whole 8mg sub under my tounge. Well five minutes later I was shitting and throwing up almost at the same time. I took another one an hour later. Finally started to feel better. I didn't actually feel well for a couple of weeks. Switching to subs got some taking use to. I went thru a pretty bad depression!

+ Reply to Thread