Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dronabinol, 10 mg, Experience?

Never Looked Back Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import's Avatar
    Restaurant at the end of the universe, AKA Seattle

Default dronabinol, 10 mg, Experience?

So, I have 6 orange, oblong pills with imprint "PAR 869", which are 10mg dronabinol.

I haven't had experience with this sort of thing in quite a few years (had some that were orange and round in high school).

My weed tolerance is that of a newb... I smoked yesterday for the first time in 4 months (that I can readily recall...) with some random guy from a gas station. No sexual favors were traded (unless he gets off on watching people smoke weed, in which case more power to him). He gave me the pills as well.

Any experience with these? Dosage recommendations (Yes, we are all different, and I will be taking any dosage advice with a grain of grateful salt)?

God, I smoked yesterday afternoon, and I think I'm still high. But, on a positive note, I experienced none of the bad effects which have driven me away from weed for the last couple years. Except that I feel like my head is full of cotton (not oxy-cotton) this AM.
    Cheeseburger in paradise

Opiophorum Member opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic has a spectacular aura about opiophanatic's Avatar

Default Re: dronabinol, 10 mg, Experience?

they don't really work for shit in terms of getting stoned...

eat all 6 and you might get something slightly resembling an edible high...

synthetic THC alone isn't going to produce anything near what you would get from smoking real herb. weed has up to around 60 different possible cannabinoids and they all affect they "high" that you feel...

when you eat those pills i would recommend drinking a glass of milk or having something else a bit fatty with them. just my 2 cents

Opiophile methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972 is a name known to all methadoniac1972's Avatar

my exp, is that w/opis they had me floored the round ball shaped red ones (marinol) and it is like good hash brownies w/out the long hangover of no slleep and just tiredness i got wasted on two and i hardly ever smoke so thats me
    "I grew up, went into rehab
    they said son you're gonna be a new man
    'I said thank you very much
    can I borrow fifty bucks."

..Layne Staley/Alice In Chains

"Spoof, dope, crank, creep, bomb, spank, shit, bang, zip, tweak, chard. Call it what you will it's all methamphetamine. That's what I'm here for."
    - The opening line from the movie Spun

Never Looked Back Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import's Avatar
    Restaurant at the end of the universe, AKA Seattle

Yeah, I have ZERO tolerance guys.

I ate three yesterday, and was stoned OFF MY ASS. STILL stoned, ate them at 20 yesterday afternoon! Felt pretty close to real weed too... I think the problem some of you guys had was simply high tolerance (not the dude above me obviously). These pills are made for folks with no tolerance.

Seriously, I said no tolerance you guys... eat all six? I would have had a horrible time.

DanK-Yeah, that's how we did it when I had some in high school! I don't remember if it added anything... I was in a permanently stoned state. Nowadays I can count the number of times I smoke in a year on two (and a half) hands.
    Cheeseburger in paradise

Occasionally Opiated Incubus13417 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to bump this thread, but I had some useful info for those out there prescribed Marinol, or looking to get recreational effects out of it. I've been prescribed 10mg BID for the past year and a half for my Crohns, and while it does help, it falls very, very short in comparison to the real thing (not that this is any new info, lol). As a result, I rarely take it and smoke instead (been going on about 1g/day of some potent hydro for a couple years now, makes my stomach feel ~90% normal), which has increased my tolerance to the point that eating a few (30mg+) Marinol does nothing but make me a little sleepy. However, I have discovered a way to get more out of the pills than I previously thought possible, and while this isn't any miracle that will get you baked off your ass on Marinol, it will make you actually feel the effects. I've only really done this in a pinch when I was on vacation without weed for an extended period of time and got desperate b/c I had been too nauseated to eat for a few days, but I did feel the effects. What I did was take the pills (they're soft gel caps so this is quite easy) and poke a small hole in one end with a pushpin. Then I squeeze the sesame oil that contains the THC from inside the pill into the front part of my mouth, under my tongue. I figure that b/c the oral BA is so terrible (somewhere around 10% if I remember correctly), sublingual administration can only serve to boost the BA (not to mention the time it takes to kick in - fuck waiting 2 hours for that shit to start working). I usually have a stockpile of the 10mg pills around since I refill the script regularly but choose to smoke rather than take it, so the one time I did get thoroughly stoned from it was after doing this with 6 of them, but I hadn't smoked in a around 2 weeks at that point so my tolerance was most likely pretty low. Hope this helps those out there who have the same problems I do with this medication. If only my state would pass medical marijuana bills... *sigh*

+ Reply to Thread