First time with methadone--how much to take?

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First time with methadone--how much to take?

Occasionally Opiated Adormidera is an unknown quantity at this point Adormidera's Avatar

First time with methadone--how much to take?

So I have the chance to try some methadone today, which I've never been super eager to try, but I'm out of morphine, and pod tea and Vicodin is getting old fast, and I still have almost two weeks to go. So the methadone is looking pretty good right now.

I gather that it's not really worth shooting it, if not an outright bad idea. So if I take it orally, how much should I take? My usual habit is about 6 of the MS Contin 30mg pills daily, IV. I don't know exactly what that equates to in mg's because of the sustained release thing. I don't want to overdo it because I have to go to work tomorrow and be functional. But I want to avoid withdrawal and get decently high if possible.

I am thinking maybe 30-40 mg?

Any advice?
    -adormi

"I used to just have thoughts. Now my thoughts are having thoughts."

Never Looked Back ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller is one bad motherfucker ZodiacKiller's Avatar

Default Re: First time with methadone--how much to take?

Depends on your personal tolerance level...but just as a comparison, when I was in the 100mg of OC range, a 40mg methadone wafer would be enough to fucker me up good. It is some pretty strong stuff, and it takes a lot longer to come on, so be ready for that. Also, methadone has a very long half-life in your body, so be careful if you're gonna do multiple days/doses. But you will enjoy the high if that's what you're after.

ZK

Occasionally Opiated Bad Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea,30~40mg would probabley be a safe singular dose,for a day.And should'nt fuck you up for work the next day.But take Zodiackiller advice air on the side of caution,Methadone is a real creeper,don't start re-dosing yourself if the effects don't hit you as quick as you'd like.And injesting Methadone for the first time be extra carefull with this drug, make sure you've got people around you.(just in case)Better safe than sorry.
    And remember Methadone has a half life that can last over 36hrs so if you felt that your first dose did sweet Fuck all.Don't go Berzerk the following day.Stay safe.
    Regards BM

Jr. Opiophile orangejuice is an unknown quantity at this point orangejuice's Avatar

well regarding the methadone helping escape w/ds yeah im pretty sure that it'll do tha job. and about going to work the next day and being functional, in my experience moderate dose of methadone from midday-nite the day before lasts me and when i wake up the next morning it should feel like youre somewhat opiated and definitly not sick.. have fun ... meth is my fav... but it can suck soo fucking bad if you dont control it like i didnt....be safe will ya
    "Im in here making sense, cuz im out there making dollars.

O.J.

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Unless you're really desperate don't take methadone.It's an ugly,ugly drug.It will screw your tolerance and kicking it is very tough.

OpioNoMo HeidiW is an unknown quantity at this point HeidiW's Avatar

Re: First time with methadone--how much to take?

Please, LEAVE THE METHADONE ALONE! I think I'm more addicted to that bullshit than I was real dope. Don't fool with it unless you have nothing else to use.

Never Looked Back poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy is one bad motherfucker poppy's Avatar

40mg methadone wafer
    What do you guys mean by a 'wafer'. In the past eight years I've been prescribed methadone in various forms: injectable amps, oral mixture (medicine), and tablets, but I have never come across this 'wafer' which I've heard so many of you guys over the pond describe?
    PS Adormidera, Think long and hard before taking methadone, its a tough drug to get off believe me!! I thought the withdrawals from heroin were hard until I tried to kick meth!!!

Occasionally Opiated Adormidera is an unknown quantity at this point Adormidera's Avatar

Thanks for the advice, all; I tried about 30 mg last night and it wiped out the w/d's, and even left me with a nice little buzz. I did have to take a couple more this AM because of morning withdrawal. Then this afternoon I decided to try shooting it--just couldn't resist. I wasn't expecting too much, but I got a pretty intense rush that lasted like five minutes. Wow! It wasn't super powerful, but I've been out for days except for pod tea, so it was great!

I hear that it is really bad on your veins though so I probably won't shoot it often. And I will keep it in mind about not going berserk, although I'm not sure what amount equals berserk. My boyfriend got really nauseated after using some, so I took some Xanax along with mine. So far so good!

I'll keep you all informed--
    -adormi

Please DO NOT make shooting your methadone a habit. If you want to see the result of what this will do to your body, find my posts on here around October 2 or 3, 2005. I ended up in horrible withdrawals (due to shooting up my prescription the first 10 days of month, leaving me with nothing the last 3 weeks). The end result was ending up the hospital in cardiac arrest!!! Please, STOP NOW! I would hate to see anyone go thru that awful mess I did last year.
    Also, shooting methadone will COMPLETELY COLLASPSE what veins you have left! I'm assuming you're shooting the methadone because you can't find your drug of choice.
    Last edited by HeidiW; 08-25-2006 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Need to add what this does to your veins!!

Ok, I will listen to you all and resist the temptation to shoot any more of the 'done I've got. Why is it that it collapses your veins, btw? Is it something about the filler in the tablets or is it even that way when you have ampoules?

As far as withdrawal is concerned I am not too worried because I'll be getting my regular morphine on the 5th. (Which I went through way too fast this month, leaving me to get by on pod tea and a few Vicodin I had laying around, until the methadone came along--and yes, Heidi, I can't find any heroin. ) So withdrawal shouldn't be a problem, I would think--because I will just switch back to the morphine. Methadone is not so unique that morphine won't take care of the withdrawal from it, right?

Thanks for all the advice--I have a feeling I'm going to be needing it soon!
    -adormi

Jr. Opiophile vanilla_mlkshake2007 is fresh on the scene. vanilla_mlkshake2007 is fresh on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    What do you guys mean by a 'wafer'. In the past eight years I've been prescribed methadone in various forms: injectable amps, oral mixture (medicine), and tablets, but I have never come across this 'wafer' which I've heard so many of you guys over the pond describe?
    PS Adormidera, Think long and hard before taking methadone, its a tough drug to get off believe me!! I thought the withdrawals from heroin were hard until I tried to kick meth!!!
    Poppy we have wafers over here which are flat pills about as big as an american dime ,that has a + on it therefore you can split it up four ways.10 milligrams a dose.Picture a circle with a plus sign in it and each time you break off a triangle you are getting 10 milligrams if you eat half a wafer you are eating 20 milligrams.A whole wafer is 40 milligrams.
    These pills also dissolve very quickly in water,juice or any beverage that is what most people do with it,although I imagine this form of the drug is easier also to inject.
    I get the 10 milligram ones which don't dissolve in water and they are full of fillers,but I don't want to inject my morphine anyways.
    Unlike where you live we don't get the injectable methadone but we do get the liquid,the pills and the wafers,I hope this helps.

When the bastard,corrupt drug company Chiron screwed up diamorphine production I got physeptone,which is injectable methadone.Sadly it says on the box for SC and IM use only.
    I of course mainlined it.You get a really weird cold sensation running around your veins.
    Given a choice I would never take that crap,but desperate times and all that.

Opiophorum Member handsome rob is fresh on the scene. handsome rob is fresh on the scene. handsome rob is fresh on the scene. handsome rob's Avatar

The first time I did methadone I bought 3 40mg wafers and my oxy habit was at about 200mg/day. I dissolved one wafer and dramk it down. After an hour I felt nothing so I did another one. I didn't know it took so long to kick in and was way too messed up on 80mg. Be careful it can be pretty powerful.

If you must start taking methadone, please, be consertive. It creeps up on ya and has a tendancy to knock you on your ass!!

Wise words from HeidiW.Please be careful with the 'done.

I had a heart attack last October, brought on from METHADONE WITHDRAWAL. I was shooting up a month's supply in 8-9 days. DON'T SHOOT THIS CRAP, SAVE YOUR VEINS FOR REAL DOPE!!

Opiophorum Member warmgun is an unknown quantity at this point

SAVE YOUR VEINS FOR REAL DOPE!!
    now that's good advice. i guess even better advice could be given by stating:

SAVE YOUR VEINS! just save them FOR LIFE!

if you've got medical grade amps, i guess there is not much which speaks against (apart from
    all the conventional wisdom advising against taking opiates for pleasure ) it.

and if you don't believe just remember the second latest monk episode:
    there you can see what mean heroin dealers are willing to put your dope through. AND STILL SELL IT!

New Opiophile samdasnake is an unknown quantity at this point

You really must be careful with 'done. When I was 16, before I had any tolerance to speak of, I took 75mgs of 'done and od'd. Stopped breathing, turned blue, ambulance, the works. Just be careful, and know your tolerance for opiates before you take anything new.

Jr. Opiophile vanilla_mlkshake2007 is fresh on the scene. vanilla_mlkshake2007 is fresh on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_mlkshake2007 View Post
    Poppy we have wafers over here which are flat pills about as big as an american dime ,that has a + on it therefore you can split it up four ways.10 milligrams a dose.Picture a circle with a plus sign in it and each time you break off a triangle you are getting 10 milligrams if you eat half a wafer you are eating 20 milligrams.A whole wafer is 40 milligrams.
    These pills also dissolve very quickly in water,juice or any beverage that is what most people do with it,although I imagine this form of the drug is easier also to inject.
    I get the 10 milligram ones which don't dissolve in water and they are full of fillers,but I don't want to inject my morphine anyways.
    Unlike where you live we don't get the injectable methadone but we do get the liquid,the pills and the wafers,I hope this helps.

I know its late but I meant I don't want to inject my ":methadone anyways" sorry bout the confusion

Opiophile Sitar is an unknown quantity at this point Sitar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_mlkshake2007 View Post
    LOL... what dimes have you been seeing? The only wafers I've come across are huge; more like the size of a half-dollar coin. Now the 10 milligram Methadose pills are more like a dime size, though.

Never Looked Back LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sitar View Post
    LOL... what dimes have you been seeing? The only wafers I've come across are huge; more like the size of a half-dollar coin. Now the 10 milligram Methadose pills are more like a dime size, though.
    shit even the methadose 10mg are quarter size. The wafers are huge.

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

Note - this is an old thread

I saw someone reading this, checked and couldn't find a quick answer so:

First time opiate niaive thrillseekers should take an oral dose from 15-20 mgs, depending on body weight. Then wait for 3 hours. If you are still not satisfied and you don't feel nauseous when you drink a glass of water, have another 5 mgs and stop there!

That's it. Be safe and DON'T keep dosing. Don't have any benzos. Don't have any alcohol.

If you feel good then don't attempt this the next day as it will accumulate! - Wait at least 14 days before trying again if you wish to feel the same thing and repeat it.

You have been warned. If you mess up then you will feel sick for 36 hours or you might OD/die. So take it easy!!!!
    Last edited by Chipper; 09-09-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    "Shoot drugs not people"

Never Looked Back bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty is just really nice bigNasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Note - this is an old thread

!!
    Three years TO THE DAY!! Did you do that on purpose?

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

Of course, I have just been waiting for this day ()

I'm only messing with ya. I had no idea, actually but i saw someone reading it, knew it was an old question but still a very relevant one.

Even thought the OP is opiate tolerant, the question doesn't state this. Maybe it will save someone life, who knows ?
    Last edited by Chipper; 09-09-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    "Shoot drugs not people"

+ Reply to Thread