Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exalgo

Occasionally Opiated Yellow_Donkey is an unknown quantity at this point Yellow_Donkey's Avatar

Default Exalgo

I was recently scripted these and was hoping somone knew if there was anyway to break them down to make sniffable. At a minumium are they chewable to any benefit? I am unable to find any real solid discussion on the potential abuse of thse abuse proof meds.

I have 90; 16s and the whole idea 48mg of dilauded sounded great but now I am starting to queston that idea. Anyone have any ideas? Thank a lot.
    "Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference." -Barack Obama

Health Professional jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill's Avatar

Default Re: Exalgo

Not a whole lot of tamper proof formulation info out yet as this med is fairly new and not Rx'd often due to the Alliance agreements that must take place.

In short, the formulation characteristics are an osmotic-release oral system that alters the pharmacokinetics resulting in a potentially lower abuse potential. It contains BHT and polyethlyene oxide, the 2 new ingredients in the reformulated OxyContin (OP's).

Exalgo uses a novel bilayer tablet system, the OROS® Push-Pull™ technology, to release hydromorphone at a relatively constant rate during a 24-hour period. The outside is a very hard shell, difficult to break. The osmotic delivery system is designed to release hydromorphone at a controlled rate over an extended period of time (24hrs).

The oral ingestion of an intact pill will result in the passing of a "ghost" pill, after it is fully absorbed.

With intravenous abuse, the tablet excipients, especially polyethylene oxide, can be expected to result in necrosis and inflammation of cardiac tissues.

Severe alcohol interaction: Alcohol appears to disrupt the extended release mechanism, causing 'dose-dumping' into the bloodstream, which may result in respiratory depression, coma and death.

As far as sniffing goes, I would imagine it to be slightly similar to the OP's, but with the difference of the bilayer tablet that the OPs don't have, I don't know how that would affect things.
    JILL
    *Disclaimer: Any information provided or requested in this post is not intended to imply or constitute the existence of a patient/professional relationship between any parties. It is for informational purposes only, unless otherwise under written contract with this writer.

Opiophorum Member bl4cklabel will become famous soon enough bl4cklabel will become famous soon enough bl4cklabel will become famous soon enough bl4cklabel will become famous soon enough bl4cklabel will become famous soon enough bl4cklabel's Avatar

Isn't that an extremely pricey script? does ins cover it?

PEO(polyethylene oxide) is insoluble in diethyl ether and hexane, not sure about other solvents,
    but just do a little research everything you need is def. somewhere on the interwebs.

Never Looked Back seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids's Avatar

sounds like this drug sucks major yellow donkey balls
    better the devil you know than the devil you don't

Opiophile gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface is a splendid one to behold gameface's Avatar

let however many mg's you want in the rig or up ur nose to sit and soak/ dissolve in the smallest amount of water possible for 12-24 hours (the longer the better) then do ur thang.

Health Professional SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue is one bad motherfucker SapphireBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    Not a whole lot of tamper proof formulation info out yet as this med is fairly new and not Rx'd often due to the Alliance agreements that must take place.

In short, the formulation characteristics are an osmotic-release oral system that alters the pharmacokinetics resulting in a potentially lower abuse potential. It contains BHT and polyethlyene oxide, the 2 new ingredients in the reformulated OxyContin (OP's).

Exalgo uses a novel bilayer tablet system, the OROS® Push-Pull™ technology, to release hydromorphone at a relatively constant rate during a 24-hour period. The outside is a very hard shell, difficult to break. The osmotic delivery system is designed to release hydromorphone at a controlled rate over an extended period of time (24hrs).

With intravenous abuse, the tablet excipients, especially polyethylene oxide, can be expected to result in necrosis and inflammation of cardiac tissues.

Severe alcohol interaction: Alcohol appears to disrupt the extended release mechanism, causing 'dose-dumping' into the bloodstream, which may result in respiratory depression, coma and death.

Sounds like dissolving in ETOH, not water might do it. However, it ALSO sounds like it's definitely NOT worth the risk of cardiac tissue necrosis...Jesus that is some serious shit there. I like my heart nice and healthy, thanks.

Jill, what are Alliance agreements??

Health Professional jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlue View Post
    Jill, what are Alliance agreements??
    It's part of Exalgo's REMS program. Basically, the prescriber of Exalgo and the patient both have to participate in the program in order to be prescribed the med and it's the pharmacists job to make sure that this criteria is met and completed before filling a Rx for the patient.

It was essentially done to win FDA approval by the manufacturer.

Here it is in more detail:
    A REMS program called the “Exalgo Alliance (The Alliance for Responsible Exalgo Prescribing and Use),” which is a controlled access program including the following elements:

Exalgo will be available exclusively through the Alliance program and practitioners can only prescribe the product after they have demonstrated their understanding of the drug’s risks and enrolled in the program.

Exalgo can only be used to treat patients who are enrolled in the Alliance program and have signed an agreement with their prescriber acknowledging that they understand the risks and will adhere to responsible drug use and handling.

The product can only be dispensed by pharmacies and in other healthcare settings that have demonstrated an understanding of Exalgo risks and are enrolled in the Alliance program.

Wholesalers and distributors must agree to sell Exalgo only to enrolled pharmacies and healthcare settings.

Pharmacists must verify that both the prescriber and the patient presenting a prescription are enrolled in the Exalgo Alliance and that they are adhering to program requirements, including safe-use conditions being followed by the patient.
    JILL
    *Disclaimer: Any information provided or requested in this post is not intended to imply or constitute the existence of a patient/professional relationship between any parties. It is for informational purposes only, unless otherwise under written contract with this writer.

Opiophile panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda is just really nice panda's Avatar

Exalgo Alliance sounds like some star trek shit lol. all those hoops to jump through for a med thats like the OP's?

everything i have been reading on them is that they are a big pain. other then some site that i found that is for doctors and pharm reps to talk. other pharm reps and some doctors are really clueless in thinking this drug is just as easily abusable as the OG's. they think you can just crush into a fine powder real easy and sniff/iv it. the exalgo reps tried saying it wasn't that easy but....

i don't like all this new pain medication that have came out recently. the OP's, embeda, Exalgo, people are still going to get something else to get high and these meds are probably going to cause nothing but problems with the ingredients or way they are made.

Occasionally Opiated Yellow_Donkey is an unknown quantity at this point Yellow_Donkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jill View Post
    It's part of Exalgo's REMS program. Basically, the prescriber of Exalgo and the patient both have to participate in the program in order to be prescribed the med and it's the pharmacists job to make sure that this criteria is met and completed before filling a Rx for the patient.

It was essentially done to win FDA approval by the manufacturer.

Here it is in more detail:
    A REMS program called the “Exalgo Alliance (The Alliance for Responsible Exalgo Prescribing and Use),” which is a controlled access program including the following elements:

Exalgo will be available exclusively through the Alliance program and practitioners can only prescribe the product after they have demonstrated their understanding of the drug’s risks and enrolled in the program.

Exalgo can only be used to treat patients who are enrolled in the Alliance program and have signed an agreement with their prescriber acknowledging that they understand the risks and will adhere to responsible drug use and handling.

The product can only be dispensed by pharmacies and in other healthcare settings that have demonstrated an understanding of Exalgo risks and are enrolled in the Alliance program.

Wholesalers and distributors must agree to sell Exalgo only to enrolled pharmacies and healthcare settings.

Pharmacists must verify that both the prescriber and the patient presenting a prescription are enrolled in the Exalgo Alliance and that they are adhering to program requirements, including safe-use conditions being followed by the patient.
    Well the dude handed me the scripted, I walked into my mom and pop and it was ordered. I picked it up the next day. Not a word about anything. However, CVS, Rite-aid, Walgreens and Gaint all refused to fill it. Mom and pop must have fucked up. So far its keeping withdrawls away, two in morning and two at night. No high nothing. Day 4 now. I will be returning the next 2 months of scripts I have and going back to oxy, unless this shit changes drastically. I would have thought fucking 64 mg of hydromorphone even over 24 hours would have provided some head. But not really. 26 days until I can get my oxy back!

Pain is about 3/4 of what it would be with no meds in me though, so maybe its actually doing what its supposed to do... But who wants that... I want some head.

As for breaking the pill down I take scissors and easily cut the pill in half. Then outer coating shell can be peeled away with your fingernail like a hard boiled egg. Thats leaves you a double layer oval with one side grey and the other side white. Tonite I will try to break is down in some alcohol and let you'll know what happens. I'd be happy with 64 mg a day if I could get it out of this delivery system easily enough.

SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero is better than sex! Count Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jill View Post

Someone needs to congratulate the fuckers who make this shit on their brilliant work in the field of harm maximization. WTF? The make a pill that can cause necrosis on purpose? They should be tied down given the drug IV a few times, maybe then they'll stop trying to poison people with their products.

Ok after reading everything I could find I have found the best way to get at the good stuff;

1. With your fingernail peel off the outer most colorful layer. This should come off in one to two large eggshell like piece. Inside you will see two layers. One layer is white and one is off-grey.
    2. Hidden is another clear layer shell. Cut the pill in half with scissors and then again with your fingernail or exacto peel off this clear layer which reminds me of tape. This layer is difficult to get off and you may get some big pieces but plan on several breaks.
    3. Now you have a white layer and grey layer. Cut the white layer off and retain this portion as you can disregard all other parts of the pill at this time. This includes the grey layer (ejection layer) which as far as I can tell contains no good shit and is only part of the delivery system.
    4. Crush up the white layer as it will crumble with preassure now that the clear shell has been removed. This white clumpy powder is now able to be worked with. I will not sniff this as it gels once it gets moists. However, orally taking the 16mg of clumpy powder will show that you now have full access to the good stuff of the pill and it is no longer extended locked. Enjoy... and be careful. Thats a lot of shit in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Someone needs to congratulate the fuckers who make this shit on their brilliant work in the field of harm maximization. WTF? The make a pill that can cause necrosis on purpose? They should be tied down given the drug IV a few times, maybe then they'll stop trying to poison people with their products.
    I agree with your thoughts, Count, but I don't think that was the intention. The polyethylene oxide is also in the new OPs, but that ingredient is made to make it gel, so it supposedly 'can't be' IV'd. They really didn't add it for the intention of doing cardiac damage. That's a very unfortunate side effect.

And yes, we are going to see lots of changes in future years with the REMS programs, etc.

Also, I can see why pharmacies are not wanting to get involved in drug manufacturer Alliances....it is a P.I.A. and a lot of extra work for the institutions, the pharmacists and the prescribers.
    JILL

Opiophile Technician JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong is a splendid one to behold JonWrong's Avatar

Im on a 120 D8mg's a month and for ONE single month my Dr wanted me to try these Exalgo's as well along with my IR Dilaudid and I must say they complete SUCK & I'm good at looking at the bright side of any anti-abuse opiate but these just flat out SUCK. Not to mention without insurance they cost a few G's just to pick up! If anyone ever finds a good use for these let me know as I still have 3/4 of a bottle of the 16mg ones that I stash as emergency w/d pills. Thank the gods I'm on my way to pick up my RX of D8's right now. The good ol' shootable kind ;-)
    Image Shack finally deleted my ill signature... so it's time for a new one. Adobe ps6 and a little bit of time & I'll have a new one up shortly

New Opiophile DcJack is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know howto IV Jurnista hydromorhpone tablets?

Never Looked Back MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC is a splendid one to behold MMC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DcJack View Post
    seems like it's nearly impossible according to what i've seen on here about the OROS system.

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthrea...Easy-to-defeat

*edit - i found some extraction methods that people use on concerta, since it uses the OROS system as well, but since it uses alcohol, and hm isn't really soluble in alcohol, it'd be kinda pointless i suppose.
    Last edited by MMC; 06-04-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Opiophile digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DcJack View Post
    If you check back through the posts, you will find a few that point out how it can be done. If I remember right, one of the posts was by Irish.
    "You must respect the chemistry."

Never Looked Back Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Disconnect's Avatar

do mscontins have that chemical too? If so, my old, extremely unsafe prep practices just got a little more worrysome.

Never Looked Back seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids is a glorious beacon of light seven10kids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
    do mscontins have that chemical too? If so, my old, extremely unsafe prep practices just got a little more worrysome.
    no,they have different gel.

I heard that gel in the mscontin was more to make it time release than to detour abuse at first then they realized it worked for that too so it was like new concept and they ran with it in newer meds. pretty soon we will have all "dangerous" meds be taken one time a day, then sooner or later once week, then once month. they already have fent injections that they shoot into your spine and you get it once a month. Pretty much impossible to divert that, unless someone wants to putt that shit out of their kneck and smoke it.

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

all I have to say is fuck this drug. why do big pharma put out drugs with shitty oral BA when your supposed to swallow a pill, you would think they would just use methadone instead of trying to give hydromorphone legs.
    And when there is no hope...
    ...I smoke some crack I shoot some dope.

big pharma wants to get ALL pills down to one time a day. It is easier for old people to remember.

Wake up, take your pills,, and your are good.

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

Im also almost 100% positive I read somewhere that when you take these you shit out the case of the pill every day. I wouldn't want something that my entire digestive track couldn't break down anywhere near my veins! I would be 100% against any method anyone tried to come up with for shooting these. These things are much worse than even the dreaded OPs, The only ER meds I have shot is the mscontin (i did a couple OGs in the past,) and only do that because I've never seen morphine IRs. This deterrent gel has to be terrible on your circulatory system. yuck.
    And when there is no hope...
    ...I smoke some crack I shoot some dope.

PLATINUM MEMBER LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha's Avatar

Yep. You shit out a "ghost" pill. Yuck.

Actually, many medications have "ghost" pills.
    JILL

PLATINUM MEMBER LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha is one bad motherfucker LorTabitha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    Actually, many medications have "ghost" pills.
    Just out of curiosity, which ones? I don't know why, but this really creeps me out. LOL!

It's probably BETTER for your body to expel what you don't "need" but it's still icky to me. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread