Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why does ALL clonazepam taste like mint?

Opiophorum Member njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525's Avatar

Default Why does ALL clonazepam taste like mint?

Ok, for a while I was scripted 1mg K-Pins (Mylan) a while back. Now I'm on Xanax, but K-pins as well, but this time 2mg and there Teva's. My question is why is it that ALL clonazepam tastes/smells like mint, regardless of dosage or manufacture?

*Don't get me wrong, I love that minty flavor .
    ~ Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs. ~ - Robin Williams

Opiophorum Member steppencyde is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Why does ALL clonazepam taste like mint?

er xanax is very menthol-y too. dont have an explanation. def wondered myself.

Health Professional jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill is one bad motherfucker jill's Avatar

I don't know, I do take the Roche brand K perforated Klonopins and don't see anything in the ingredients that would indicate this.

However, in many of the generic brands, they list "flavor" as an inactive ingredient (but don't in the Roche's)
    JILL
    *Disclaimer: Any information provided or requested in this post is not intended to imply or constitute the existence of a patient/professional relationship between any parties. It is for informational purposes only, unless otherwise under written contract with this writer.

OpioNoMo borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker

In 1 acronym? TRBM8 (Transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 8). The amide function of the benzodiazepine binds to the receptor & the '2-chloro activates same.

In English I just mean the body can taste 'coolness' which is why minty things taste minty. Clonazepam just happens to have a chemical structure that will be sensed as such. I've never tasted phenazepam but I would imagine that has a cooling taste...

BTW a decade or more ago I obtained a few grams of clonazepam powder. In pure form it's minty but in bulk it gets more bitter.

True Opiophile duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck is cooler than ice duck's Avatar

so in Kpins where the active ingredient is less than 1% the total mass of the pill, it still gives the pill its flavor, Boro?

Never Looked Back Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Uncle Wiggly's Avatar

All this time I thought it was because these two worked in the lab.

Attached Images
    "Fifteen cents for the morphine, and twenty-five cents for the beer.
    Fifteen cents for the old morphine, now carry me away from here."
    "Soldier's Joy"
    (Traditional Scottish fiddle reel with lyrics added during the American Civil War)

OpioNoMo borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker

Taste is a very potent sense. Some materials are truly disgusting in parts-per-million. The 'coolness' receptors are very sensitive. You cannot make something that's millions of times more butter than salt because a lot of receptors have to be filled for the taste to register. For bitter, cool & spicy you need very little indeed. Bitrex is a good example.

Never Looked Back The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan is one bad motherfucker The Ryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    so in Kpins where the active ingredient is less than 1% the total mass of the pill, it still gives the pill its flavor, Boro?
    i know i can taste dope on an "empty" stamp bag after pouring out all the contents. those little tiny dope particles really take over your entire mouth with that bitter taste. and i cant imagine the tiny particles left on the bag being anymore than 1mg of pure heroin.
    And when there is no hope...
    ...I smoke some crack I shoot some dope.

Granny Nurse Moderator
    PLATINUM MEMBER
    SUPER FUCKING SOLID GOLD MEMBER
    Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Poppylvr's Avatar

Funny question, one I've wondered too. My patients who chew or suck their klonopins have also commented on it. I usually respond with a litte wink (If they're well enough to "get it") - "Yes, it is good tasting but you're supposed to SWALLOW IT, ya know!" Some patient who get it at bedtime laugh when I tell them it's the mint for their pillow.

Opiophorum Member Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis's Avatar

In India they have klonopin that is meant to be taken sublingual. it is called rivotril (sp?), and has a banana flavor.

Very potent...

Rivotril was the original brand-name for clonazepam. I don't think benzodiazepines a reliably absorbed through the mouth so it's a bit odd. I've never noticed much difference between holding the drug in my mouth or swallowing after crushing. YMMV I guess.

Opiophorum Member Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis is a jewel in the rough Actavis's Avatar

you are right.... it is actually clonotril that has the banana flavor... thanks for the correction.

for the record, i always take my xanax (or any benzo) sublingual. seems to work faster and feels a bit more potent. but that could all be in my head.

Since clonazepam doesn't taste bad, is this therefore designed for small children? What a good idea, making the line between sweets & drugs that much more blurred for the little ones (file under 'bad ideas'?).

undercover cop harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik's Avatar

Xanax does not taste minty or menthol-y to me whatsoever. It's the most awful taste next to soma. I cannot fucking stand to hear people tell me that they hold 'em under their tongue..

the taste ends up sticking to my tongue and lasting no matter what i chase/drink - rum, steel reserve, soda.. so fucking nasty!

i wonder if it's the effect related to that chemical that certain people find has a bitter taste while others find no taste at all -- cba to find it's name
    "you should never be embarrassed by your trouble with living, because it's the ones with the sorest throats who have done the most singing."

Quote Originally Posted by harmonik View Post
    Xanax does not taste minty or menthol-y to me whatsoever.
    agreed, tastes quite bitter. but i have actually grown accustomed to the taste. Although i have had some xanax while traveling in SA that tasted a bit sweet. not sure if it was the binders used or what, but it was good alprazolam and did not have the bitter taste that most xanax does.

Departed Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harmonik View Post
    Xanax does not taste minty or menthol-y to me whatsoever. It's the most awful taste next to soma. I cannot fucking stand to hear people tell me that they hold 'em under their tongue..
    u ever chewed up 4 high potency MDMA pills?
    or lab DXM?
    [SIZE=2][B]
    "...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."[/B][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][B] -quantam leaps, bernstein.[/B][/SIZE][/B]

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Occasionally Opiated dazed is fresh on the scene. dazed is fresh on the scene. dazed's Avatar

I've never experienced a minty taste. Its always that same disgusting chalky/bitter flavor that i try and get down as quick as possible.

Occasionally Opiated dazed is fresh on the scene. dazed is fresh on the scene. dazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0s View Post
    or lab DXM?
    The drip from snorted molly is one of the worst things I've ever had the displeasure of tasting. Xanax doesnt even compare.

undercover cop harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0s View Post
    or lab DXM?
    yes on the MDMA.. i can handle that well for some reason..

ever snorted DMT? it beats snorting any of the 2c- series by a long shot. burned the FUCK out of my throat - thought it was from some trace lye so i snorted a bit of soda.. nope, burn still there.. after reading a bit, apparently it burns like hell.
    "you should never be embarrassed by your trouble with living, because it's the ones with the sorest throats who have done the most singing."

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

Xanax is really nasty tasting, can't stand it. Klonopin i've never really tasted on purpose but just putting it on my tongue doesn't make me gag like xanax, and i can taste the minty-ness a little bit. My mom used to give me vitamins(edit: when I was a kid, duh) in applesauce, and these were like "super-vitamins" that were huge, so it was really really gross, I can still taste it when I think about it lol. I still don't eat applesauce to this day.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Opiophorum Member kdog is fresh on the scene. kdog is fresh on the scene. kdog is fresh on the scene. kdog's Avatar

First of all njp, it's good your taking the Teva's now, because the Mylan's are terrible imo. But as far as I know, the k-cuts and Qualitest are the only kpins that didn't taste minty to me. I get the 1mg Teva's and indeed like the flavor and either suck on it or chew it up and swallow. And it doesn't really matter how you take it, if you swallow it, it will just take longer to kick in, but you still achieve the same potency. And as a side note, I love how they make the 1mg Teva's, and Mylans for that matter, green. I guess they figure they'll make it the same color as you would expect it to taste. weird. But the k-cuts and Qualitest 1mg are both blue, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, prolly not, but it's an oddity for sure, and one I'm not complaining about because I love my kpins no matter what color/flavor
    faaaaaling into a deep well

Opiophorum Member njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525 is a jewel in the rough njp2525's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdog View Post
    First of all njp, it's good your taking the Teva's now, because the Mylan's are terrible imo.

...And as a side note, I love how they make the 1mg Teva's, and Mylans for that matter, green. I guess they figure they'll make it the same color as you would expect it to taste. weird. But the k-cuts and Qualitest 1mg are both blue, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, prolly not, but it's an oddity for sure, and one I'm not complaining about because I love my kpins no matter what color/flavor
    Ya I hear you on the Mylans, I don't really like Mylan in general, seems like all there shit is like "the generic of the generic". lol

They did indeed taste minty tho like you said your 1mg Teva's do and they were that same green color.

Funny thing is now I'm on Xanax 1mg as needed and 2mg K-Pin 2xdaily. And what's even weirder is the 2mg Teva K-Pins I get are WHITE! I was bummed when I opened my first script, I was hoping for some cool color, like maybe the darker green the 2mg Mylans have. Or, like bright green with a "2" stamped on one side and a "K" stamped on the other side, lol. Anyway, the interesting thing is that even the WHITE 2mg Teva clonazepam tastes mad minty, even more than the 1 mg Mylan's.

*BTW, I've been on benzo's for 7 years, so I've acquired a high tolerance. Believe it or not I don't really abuse my benzo's, although yes I may take extra if I feel need be.

So you people who don't take benzo's often, don't try to take the kinda amounts I take daily, you WILL BLACK OUT and do crazy, stupid shit. And also, especially please be careful of using benzo's with opies, makes it harder and harder to breath and can kill you if you take to much of either drug.
    *Sorry for all the Opiophile's who know this, but I think this note is important for are guests/new members. I'm all about harm reduction.
    ~ Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs. ~ - Robin Williams

Never Looked Back sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod is a glorious beacon of light sourcecod's Avatar

I personally love my stash of 1mg green klon's,
    the round

ones. Love'em. Not sure about the mint. Not sure why so many haters. But personally, I like to take half of one of those under my tongue in conjuction with a half of a name brand blue 10mg valium. shit calms me. shit makes me not wanna smash computers. shit tastes minty and nice.. and this shit is the shit!

Never Looked Back SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky's Avatar

I take all my benzos under the tongue, love the bitter taste of most drugs. The word "cool" I believe is a great description of clonazepam, better than minty, I love that taste. Sitting here sucking on a 2mg pill right now. Never noticed a difference in taste as far as brand goes, and I've never seen a non-white 2mg Kpin.

If you want the most bitter drug I've ever tasted Fent has to be it (the HCL more so than the citrate or ascorbate but still really bitter).

MDA has a very bizarre taste, not pleasant but after a while you learn to love it. The taste reminded me of dirty street H for some reason with a nice face numbing burn to go along with it. PCP taste something like plastic and something else I can't quite put my finger on, especially before the final work up (Don't do impure half finished drugs, not smart but I suppose I picked up some bad habits but as RJ used to say if your so afraid of the chemicals your taking/working with that you are afraid to lick em then coat your finger and stuff it up your sphincter, and know which you can and can't do this with or are afraid to find out first hand you shouldn't be handling them to begin with ). Even the finished product in minute IV doses is easily tasted, at least for me, then again I taste everything I shoot, and even a <10mg shot can over power the taste of the meth and fent I would bang it along with, straight PCP shots with more than 20mgs has almost a blindingly strong taste that I miss dearly. Someday I will taste all these wonderful things again, some day come hell or high water.

DMT burn is something you have to experience to understand. Burns more than anything that I've ever snorted and I've snorted a lot of painful things, literally makes you tear up if you snort a large dose. I prefer to IV or smoke for that exact reason.

EDIT: The taste of pure DXM Hydrobromide or citrate has to be the worst tasting thing I've ever ingested, the citrate for some reason worst than the standard hbr salt.
    Last edited by SuperJunky; 03-13-2011 at 09:24 AM.

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

Opiophorum Member kdog is fresh on the scene. kdog is fresh on the scene. kdog is fresh on the scene. kdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by njp2525 View Post
    Funny thing is now I'm on Xanax 1mg as needed and 2mg K-Pin 2xdaily. And what's even weirder is the 2mg Teva K-Pins I get are WHITE! I was bummed when I opened my first script, I was hoping for some cool color, like maybe the darker green the 2mg Mylans have. Or, like bright green with a "2" stamped on one side and a "K" stamped on the other side, lol. Anyway, the interesting thing is that even the WHITE 2mg Teva clonazepam tastes mad minty, even more than the 1 mg Mylan's.
    As far as I know, most 2mg kpins I've taken are white, and yeah they're def minty too. I would say even "cooler" than the 1mg ones, at least the Roche ones you get in Europe are, the Rivotril. But when I got scripted the 2mg ones here in states, I got the Teva's, but I would usually only take half. That seemed way more effective to me for some reason then just taking all 2mgs at once, but whatever works for you is best !!

Never Looked Back SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky's Avatar

As far as I know, most 2mg kpins I've taken are white, and yeah they're def minty too. I would say even "cooler" than the 1mg ones, at least the Roche ones you get in Europe are, the Rivotril. But when I got scripted the 2mg ones here in states, I got the Teva's, but I would usually only take half. That seemed way more effective to me for some reason then just taking all 2mgs at once, but whatever works for you is best !!
    I usually break my 2mgs in half as well and dose 4 times per day. The days of me catching a buzz from almost any sane dose of any benzos are long gone but it seems to keep anxiety in check far more effectively than 2mgs 2X per day. I'm hoping to get a short acting benzo for break through anxiety because I've decided I don't want to go back to 6mgs per day. I'm shooting for either lorzepam or temazepam, for some reason I get severe rebound anxiety from Xanax unlike any other benzo I've tried. I'm on buspirone as well which I was surprised helped at all, the exact words my doctor used was spitting into the wind but I find that a 30mg dose at bedtime not only helps (slightly) with sleep but also keeps my anxiety level down during the day.

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJunky View Post
    I'm hoping to get a short acting benzo for break through anxiety because I've decided I don't want to go back to 6mgs per day. I'm shooting for either lorzepam or temazepam
    Just curious, when I first got my hands on some temazepam I was benzo free and took 120mgs and was effed up, in a very good way. But now that I'm back on kpins at a steady dose, I also get 30 of the 30mg temazepam/month and I find that now they just make me tired. Is that what you're shooting for or is it useful for breakthrough anxiety? I guess I just can't tell right now, because I take my kpins during the day and my temazepam at night, and the combo def helps my anxiety issues but now that I'm benzo tolerant, I don't know if it would work for breakthrough but maybe just for sleep. And speaking of sleep, since I got back on benzo's, I actually sleep worse than I did when off them, which is weird. I mean I actually sleep through the night, but maybe tired is more like it. I guess I just feel more tired during the day because now I always wake up too early instead of sleeping in on the weekends when I don't work, and find myself taking 1-2 hr naps during the day.

As far as I know, most 2mg kpins I've taken are white, and yeah they're def minty too.
    Kdog, I noticed you and I think someone else in this thread said they have never seen a 2mg K-Pin that wasn't white. Well, when I was in a psych. ward, (one of the MANY pysch. wards/detox's I have been too), there was this older dude there who had REALLY bad anxiety, and he was on 2mg clonazepam 3xdaily.

We were buddies while in there, so often, I would be right behind him in the med. dosing line when it was med. time. I saw him get his meds., and I even heard the nurse say the word's, "Here's your 2mg clonazepam", one time. Everytime I saw him take this "2mg K-Pin", I remember thinking, "Wow, that's a cool color". It was like a darker version of green than the 1mg clonazepam, and it deffinently wasn't made by Mylan. (Please excuse my post where I said it was the Mylans that had the dark green 2mg, I was mistaken).

I never saw the pill up close enough to read the imprints or anything, but it deffinently was a 2mg K-Pin of some sort. It wasn't a flat round pill. It was more of a rounded pill, looked like it had a good amount of imprinting on it, and was a dark green, like hunter-green. The dude that was getting these K-Pins at the psych. ward said they were much stronger than his K-Pins at home. I wonder what the hell company it was?

*I should note that this was like 5 years ago, so I don't know if anything has changed in that time.
    Last edited by njp2525; 03-13-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Before rules were relaxed & standard dose-forms had to be standard colour, 0.5mg clonazepam was peach, 2mg white. They gave up on it because of pressure from generic manufacturers & the fact it wasn't safe for identification purposes (colour blindness).

Now meds of all shapes & sizes seem to be turning up. It's really not a good thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by borohydride View Post
    Before rules were relaxed & standard dose-forms had to be standard colour, 0.5mg clonazepam was peach, 2mg white. They gave up on it because of pressure from generic manufacturers & the fact it wasn't safe for identification purposes (colour blindness).

Now meds of all shapes & sizes seem to be turning up. It's really not a good thing at all.
    I agree. With some medication I have seen, the pill can be a completely different shape and color, as well as different imprints, just depending on which company makes it. Not very safe...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast