Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strongest Known Opioid

OpioNoMo borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker

Default Strongest Known Opioid

It seems that most people still think that p-F OHMEfentanyl is the most potent opioid (Well, the 3R,4S,β-S isomer, at least) but it seems not. For starters, adding a second β substituant increases potency an awful lot (adding a β ethyl ketone AKA COCH2CH3 makes the stuff x30,000 M) & swapping the N-propanamide aromatic to, say, a 3-pyrinyl group doubles potency once again. See 'Current Medicinal Chemistry' Volume 4, Number 4 for details.
    Having said which it's NOT a fentanyl-class drug that holds the title.
    The phenanthracene class opioid 'N-Phenethyl-14-ethoxymetopon' is some x60 MILLION morphine in analgesic potency! The Ki (μ) of the MOST active fentanyl tested was 3.48±0.35 whereas the Ki for this stuff is 0.16±0.04.
    Now, people can argue that Ki isn't proof and without efficiasy data it means nothing, but the increased potency of N-Me to N-PE has been proved time & time again and there are results of animal tests on the 'plain' 14-ethoxy metopon (it was x500 M). With that in mind, I would still hazard a guess that it's in the OHMEfentanyl ballpark BUT that it will be far more euphoric. It is also fairly simple to see possible changes to increase euphoria,potency & duration.

Potency - Swap N-PE for N-2 furnylethyl
    Euphoria - Remove ether-bridge to increase NMDA antagonism
    Potency - Add 7 alkyl group (7 methyl morphine has a VERY long T1/2)

Of course, this is just playing. Once you get to x100 M or there abouts, one should forget potency & work on the FEEL of the compound. I suggest that Etonitazine, being both a potent μ agonist (about x1500 M) AND a potent dopamine releasing agent, will be the single most euphoric compound yet discovered. It may be that certain weaker analogs are actually more euphoric. Replacing the ethoxy with an aminoethyl group is MORE potent and increases the TI, but it is thus far uncertain that a potent, high TI dopamine-releasing varient is even possible...
    Last edited by borohydride; 12-10-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Never Looked Back danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) danny's Avatar

Default Re: Strongest Known Opioid

come on then mr hydride, you know your fellow brits are suffering, aint it about time for you to put your skates on....

Never Looked Back SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky's Avatar

It's fun to talk about but it's not smart to do, unless you want to spend the rest of your natural life and a day in prison... It doesn't matter how much stronger etc a drug gets when you get above the 100x morph line, there is a ceiling. As for the other compound,etonitazine, the only case I've read about was a chemist that was taking the stuff in an inhaler and ended up in federal custody on 100mg of methedone and he killed himself. Couldn't face the WD. I've been in that ball park. Now there's not only a ceiling but a floor.

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

OpioNoMo borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker borohydride is one bad motherfucker

Opioids have to be safe both acutely & chronically, as well as euphoric & with a decent duration. As things stand the benzimidazoles are too toxic & short-lived, the fentanyls non-euphoric & short-lived (although α, 3 dimethyl may be OK for potency) & most of the others uncertain.
    At least morphine & diamorphine are PRETTY well researched ;-) One would not like being the cause of something akin to 'The Case of the Frozen Addicts', forgetting legal issues. It's a shame really since the reports given by the MPPP users said it was the most euphoric drug they ever took. B is looking into joint mu agonism/NMDA antagonism/Dopamine release in a single entity. It is clearly possible...
    The Junky was John K. Highsmith of Etonitazine fame, SWIM knows, SWIM found the Salt Lake City newspaper story on the subject...

Never Looked Back SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky is a name known to all SuperJunky's Avatar

As far as I know it's not possible to end up w/ a MPTP like fentanyl analog, not that all analogs are known. Correct me if I'm wrong. As opiates get ungodly potent they tend to become more and more of a mixed agonist/antagonist bupe type effect. They start to block themselves. I've seen a 1/2 dozen reach the ceiling, non have been right since. The whole medically accepted theory of the opiate system doesn't allow for this, but there is no breaking through. Fentanyl compounds should be short acting but at extra high doses you end up w/ the ability to go 18 hours plus w/ out seriouse WD.

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

I've not come across this mixed action problem except in certain classes. The book I recomended shows a fentanyl some x72,000 M (or there abouts). That's the dosage used in rodents, not derived from Ki. Yes, there IS an upper limit, but that resides in Ki values one would assume...

OpioNoMo OxyRush Limbaugh is just really nice OxyRush Limbaugh is just really nice OxyRush Limbaugh is just really nice OxyRush Limbaugh is just really nice OxyRush Limbaugh is just really nice OxyRush Limbaugh is just really nice OxyRush Limbaugh is just really nice OxyRush Limbaugh is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by borohydride View Post

The phenanthracene class opioid 'N-Phenethyl-14-ethoxymetopon' is some x60 MILLION morphine in analgesic potency! The Ki (μ) of the MOST active fentanyl tested was 3.48±0.35 whereas the Ki for this stuff is 0.16±0.04.
    dammit waiter!

weren't you paying attention?

I specifically ordered a k of .017 and you bring me this shit? .016?

Do you think I'm an IDIOT that won't know the DIFFERENCE?

After I speak to your manager you'll be lucky to get a job serving .01

/bozo mode off

dude, you may as well post recipies in Martian for all the good it does the rest of us...when you post something I can make in my thermos with the stuff from my medicine cabinet, I'll be all ears. In the interim, why dontcha join the rest of us in the other, non-brainiac type forums...?

Quote Originally Posted by OxyRush Limbaugh View Post
    dammit waiter!

weren't you paying attention?

I specifically ordered a k of .017 and you bring me this shit? .016?

Do you think I'm an IDIOT that won't know the DIFFERENCE?

After I speak to your manager you'll be lucky to get a job serving .01

/bozo mode off

dude, you may as well post recipies in Martian for all the good it does the rest of us...when you post something I can make in my thermos with the stuff from my medicine cabinet, I'll be all ears. In the interim, why dontcha join the rest of us in the other, non-brainiac type forums...?
    Sadly I agree, post all the chem you want, but I know opiate chemistry isn't the only thing you do. Seems very odd you almost seem to know my prior conversations. Honestly you scare me, I do understand the majority of what you post, but if you have experience w/ all these opiods you must have a habit. Yet you really don't act the part. A junky's a junky. PHD or not.

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

OpioNoMo GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJunky View Post
    Sadly I agree, post all the chem you want, but I know opiate chemistry isn't the only thing you do. Seems very odd you almost seem to know my prior conversations. Honestly you scare me, I do understand the majority of what you post, but if you have experience w/ all these opiods you must have a habit. Yet you really don't act the part. A junky's a junky. PHD or not.
    Yes agreed, he scares me too
    and all his threads are a bit ODD

Check out his prior threads gong back to late Oct, when he started to spam the board daily.
    almost all threads with 'trigger keywords' in the title
    and about some analog that 6 billion times strength of 'M'
    oh
    and some nifty info on how to set up a 'Shell Corp'
    just what evryone wants to know-
    ya knows?

( wonder- how long it take for 'STRONGEST KNOW OPIOID' to show up with goggle?)

If you have no idea how to set up a shell company (and your into this stuff) you have no business trying, all it'll do is get you popped. These ultra strong opiates have no place in "the real world."

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

Opiophorum Member Hookahed is fresh on the scene. Hookahed is fresh on the scene. Hookahed's Avatar

Our previous chemists always threw in a connections to real life situations, reasons and explanations for why they were posting.

Boro seems to be strictly about extreme opi chemistry and UG business setups which would seem to attract unwanted attention to this, my favorite message board...

Very few here seem interested in your chemistry Boro and many have made that clear. What motivates you to continue your posts?

H'head

Occasionally Opiated KhaosKronik is fresh on the scene. KhaosKronik is fresh on the scene. KhaosKronik's Avatar

Just my 2 cents, I love to hear that hard core chemistry stuff. I can't comment on boro specifically, but it think the chemistry is something worth having posted
    All statements are implictly false as they are part of a fictional story being written from the inside of an Saudi Arabian insane asylm.

My Motto: You can always do more, but you can never do less!

Jr. Opiophile havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hookahed View Post
    Our previous chemists always threw in a connections to real life situations, reasons and explanations for why they were posting.

Boro seems to be strictly about extreme opi chemistry and UG business setups which would seem to attract unwanted attention to this, my favorite message board...

Very few here seem interested in your chemistry Boro and many have made that clear. What motivates you to continue your posts?

H'head
    Nothing he posts is illegal, and is all easily found elsewhere on the internet (like say Wikipedia), so I don't see how it would attract any "unwanted attention".

While I am glad that this is "your" favorite message board, it doesn't just belong to you. Other people are free to post whatever they want as long as it doesn't break the forum rules.

I think it is valuable to have people on the board with advanced chemistry knowledge, even if they are a bit eccentric.

OpioNoMo GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) GOLD N DIEMONDS is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by havok View Post
    Nothing he posts is illegal, and is all easily found elsewhere on the internet (like say Wikipedia), so I don't see how it would attract any "unwanted attention".

While I am glad that this is "your" favorite message board, it doesn't just belong to you. Other people are free to post whatever they want as long as it doesn't break the forum rules.

I think it is valuable to have people on the board with advanced chemistry knowledge, even if they are a bit eccentric.
    If you think advanced chemistry knowlegde is so valuable
    Hey- then I suggest you go read all of his threads,
    let me know when you pull off one of his 'simple' conversations

I don't see anyone claiming they "OWE' the board.
    we are simply posting our thoughts to his thread(s)
    Just because you can see that a thread might be 'SELF SERVING'
    does not mean - IT IS NOT

undercover cop harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD N DIEMONDS View Post
    Yes agreed, he scares me too
    and all his threads are a bit ODD

Check out his prior threads gong back to late Oct, when he started to spam the board daily.
    almost all threads with 'trigger keywords' in the title
    and about some analog that 6 billion times strength of 'M'
    oh
    and some nifty info on how to set up a 'Shell Corp'
    just what evryone wants to know-
    ya knows?

( wonder- how long it take for 'STRONGEST KNOW OPIOID' to show up with goggle?)
    ah, let's not get started with this borohydride bashing again. as someone else said, he's simply aggregating data that can be found in the internet with some digging. hell, he's even posting great references to journals. none of this is illegal, none of this is to worry about.

a bit paranoid, gnd? what do you think will happen?
    "you should never be embarrassed by your trouble with living, because it's the ones with the sorest throats who have done the most singing."

I'm paranoid and for a damned good reason.

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

I did actually state, quite clearly, that it's pretty pointless looking for more potency once you get to about x100, I mean, how much can one person USE? It's the FEEL of the high that becomes important, then the duration. It seems that whatever you do to the fentanyl class, you just end up with pure μ binding - pretty dull.
    Levorphanol, ketobemidone (and to some extent methadone) are also NMDA antagonists and give a different feeling high. Lefetamine is an opioid AND a DRI/NRI which is a good idea! Etonitazene is an opioid and DRA.
    A triple acting drug would seem the way forward & some benzimidazoles fit the bill - except for toxicity... that's the current stumbling block...

Can anyone else actually ADD to my work; that would be a great help to all...

Never Looked Back limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria has much to be proud of limitless_euphoria's Avatar

In fairness, as I understood Bi11i and Jacky's intent behind opiophile when I first joined is that it's supposed to be a home for all opiate/opioid-related matters. I think boro deserves a chance to engage in theoretical discussions about these compounds, as esoteric as they are, but I think also there should really be a chemistry sub forum for those truly interested in it (for the nerdiest of the nerds on here). That seems like a fair compromise.

What's more, he's in the U.K. and opiophile is based in the U.S. so, as long as he plays by the rules and doesn't solicit people to participate in the manufacture or sale of these chemicals he talks about on the forum, I don't see a major problem. That's just my view.

Truth be told, your average opiophile is nowhere near this well-versed in chemistry. I never did anything beyond high-school level chem but that doesn't mean we don't have some real brains around here. Your average junky is not interested so much the theoretical as what's possible for them to obtain or try (as in, what's something they could actually purchase, get high from or make in their home (HYPOTHETICALLY) without having a Ph.D. in chemistry.
    LiMiTLeSS
    * My posts have been produced for entertainment value only.

I just wish someone else would chip in with ideas; the compound I mentioned obviously shows great binding character (the 14 ethoxy is important). I would suggest that oxycodone->14 ehtoxycodone would jump potency AND duration quite a bit, but I need someone to bounce off, of...

True Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

boro,
    with the recent and very real, very fucking serious trouble some chemisrty inclined members of this board have had with law enforcement recently im not at all surprised at the reluctance to openly speak on these matters.

the other half of it is most members have very little if ANY knowledge in such an esoteric topic.

feel free to post, i always read your threads,
    but really stop begging for responses that may be incriminating for some members.

K?thx.

"...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."
    -quantam leaps, bernstein.

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0s View Post
    boro,
    with the recent and very real, very fucking serious trouble some chemisrty inclined members of this board have had with law enforcement recently im not at all surprised at the reluctance to openly speak on these matters.

the other half of it is most members have very little if ANY knowledge in such an esoteric topic.

but really stop begging for responses that may be incriminating for some members.

K?thx.
    Word.It must be emphasized that any discussion on the manufacture of a drug is HYPOTHETICAL.

The dangers of manufacturing FAR outweigh the benefits.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Word.It must be emphasized that any discussion on the manufacture of a drug is HYPOTHETICAL.

Understatement.

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

Never Looked Back Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import has much to be proud of Import's Avatar
    Restaurant at the end of the universe, AKA Seattle

Boro- I really do appreciate the stuff you post, and find it very interesting. But you should have realized by now that this forum, in its current formulation, isn't going to satisfy your conversational needs. As I said, I like the stuff you post, but you should know by now that opiophile doesn't CURRENTLY have what you are looking for.
    Cheeseburger in paradise

Unless you can post to those in prison. I find it interesting as well, and luckily we have a bunch thats smart enough to not attempt some crazy shit and kill themselves, I hope...

FREE RoboJunkie

/Broken and battered/

Jr. Opiophile China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough

not if anyone has said it.......but one word ETORPHINE .....used to immobilize elephants( i love elephants)
    "If the glove doesn't fit, you must aquit."

Johnny Cochran

"I'll Flip ya"

"..........it's easy if you try." John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post

Not sure of the UK laws,
    But in the US even a HYPOTHETICAL discussion with a person that has the KNOWLEDGE and the means can at the very least bring unwanted attention to that person of KNOWLEDGE
    But more so-
    Hypothetical Discussion" can result in a 'Conspiracy' charge with our DEA.
    you don't have to actually carry out the manufacturing part of it,
    JUST Having the KNOWLEDGE and the WILLFUL exchange or engagement of IDEAS constitutes 'Conspiracy'

(especially w/ someone who has lay the 'BACKGROUND' that they have a "SHELL CORP." and has done X of this type of work ,etc)

Plus the real live dangers of drugs as potent as Fent on the streets,
    we have already see the dead bodies, in 06 from poorly mixed Fent/Dope

when you talking of a class of drugs- 60million X of 'M'
    that is NOT even talk opiates anymore.

Jr. Opiophile China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough China white is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0s View Post
    boro,

K?thx.
    what happened with the chemist people of this board with LE, I havent been paying attention lately
    "If the glove doesn't fit, you must aquit."

Johnny Cochran

"I'll Flip ya"

"..........it's easy if you try." John Lennon

True Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

Not sure of the UK laws,
    But in the US even a HYPOTHETICAL discussion with a person that has the KNOWLEDGE and the means can at the very least bring unwanted attention to that person of KNOWLEDGE
    But more so-
    JUST Having the KNOWLEDGE and the WILLFUL exchange or engagement of IDEAS constitutes 'Conspiracy'

(especially w/ someone who has lay the 'BACKGROUND' that they have a "SHELL CORP." and has done X of this type of work ,etc)

whos to say hes from the UK?

dea aint gonna put DEA in 'location.'

edit:
    ENTRAPMENT also doesnt exist in their moral vocab...
    Last edited by Thanat0s; 12-11-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: is it not fairly obvious yet? too many coincidences=INTENT.

"...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."
    -quantam leaps, bernstein.

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Opiophile Moderator Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

If he were trying to entrap anyone, I'd guess he'd post things that were at least somewhat kinda maybe feasible for any of us to do in the next 20 years.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Jr. Opiophile havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok is just really nice havok's Avatar

Not sure of the UK laws,
    But more so-

Little paranoid are we?

A hypothetical discussion CAN NOT be used as the basis for a conspiracy charge. In order to be charged with conspiracy, there has to be evidence that you were actually planning to carry out an illegal act. Just having the knowledge/information is not enough to be charged with a crime, you have to actually be planning to carry it out. If the hypothetical discussion of an illegal act could get you arrested, we would all be in jail right now.

That is why it is perfectly legal to possess the instructions to manufacture/synthesize methamphetamine or any other illegal substance. You can buy a book on how to cook meth from major bookstores. The information itself is not illegal, its what you do with it. That is why it is perfectly legal to discuss chemical synthesis on the board in a hypothetical sense.

Basically what it comes down to is that it is legal to discuss illegal acts as long as you aren't planning to actually commit them. Freedom of speech/information is still alive and well last time I checked (although the gov is attacking it every chance they get).

From http://www.lectlaw.com/def/c103.htm
    To establish the offense of 'conspiracy' the Government must prove all 4 of the following:

(1) That two or more persons in some way or manner, came to a mutual understanding to try to accomplish a common and unlawful plan, as charged in the indictment; (2) That the person willfully became a member of such conspiracy; (3) That one of the conspirators during the existence of the conspiracy knowingly committed at least one of the methods (or 'overt acts') described in the indictment; and (4) That such 'overt act' was knowingly committed at or about the time alleged in an effort to effect or accomplish some object or purpose of the conspiracy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast