Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Generic Opana IR-a mixed review

Occasionally Opiated Kapable is fresh on the scene. Kapable is fresh on the scene. Kapable's Avatar

Default Generic Opana IR-a mixed review

Script day blissfully came this week and to top off my usual
    high-speed pharmacy run, the sticker shock was 30 bucks short
    the usual damages for my CP meds. After sniffing around the
    waxy pharm bag, I was a bit surprised to find bland white pills
    in lieu of the pretty pink gems my Opana IR 10mg usually resemble.
    Right away I tried to naw a corner off one because they seemed like
    hard little pebbles. I nearly broke a tooth on the petified matter.
    Then I noticed the abscence of the sweet tinged bitter taste they
    are so infamous for. When I finally got them home, where I tried the
    crushing technique I like to use, and I nearly broke the mirror I was
    smashing them on. As I took a second crack at the white nemesis, it
    gave way only as shards flew across the room at warp speed. Once I was able to crush'em to a powder, the result was much more fine than the brand name ones
    and if someone tried to insufflate these it would be very easy to suck
    it to the throat and lungs no matter how gentle one may inhale. Do they work?
    Hell YAH! Overall, however, a pain in the arse to prep, they taste like crap, they cause coughing and gagging if someone was such a outlaw to sniff 'em, and the
    projectiles formed when crushing one up may be lethal! LOL! On pro side, they are cheap and most important of all EFFECTIVE!:speechles

Opiophorum Member MEKONE is an unknown quantity at this point MEKONE's Avatar

Default Re: Generic Opana IR-a mixed review

Even though mine are still pink,and the same texture as the originals I was getting I still don't like the Generics over the "Name Brand". Glad you like them.
    Here is a link to a post I put up a few weeks ago about the same thing.
    http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=32620

Occasionally Opiated Kapable is fresh on the scene. Kapable is fresh on the scene. Kapable's Avatar

Yah I saw your thread, but mine are so much different I wondered if we are both getting the right thing or real thing. Mine are made by Roxane and definetly more abuse-proof than the original pink(10) and blue(5) gems. They have that rock hard thing going on that the new OP's have and I swear they gel in the nose a bit per SWIM. DO NOT like them as well as the old original as they are too fine of a powder, and like I said, they end up gagging SWIM. They say 54 814 on the one side of the white pill. Am I mistaken in thinking these were not due til' a year from Feb?:xmas-smil Thanks for any help!

Opiophile digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby's Avatar

Unless they aren't listing all the inactive ingredients, the only change between brand and generic (other than perhaps the quantity of certain inactive ingredients) is that the brand contains lactose monohydrate which is replaced in the generic by microcrystalline cellulose. The other inactive ingredients, magnesium stearate and pregelatinized starch are the same.
    "You must respect the chemistry."

Opiophorum Member Weefa is an unknown quantity at this point Weefa's Avatar

I had one of these last night... and I got high as fuckin rigging one. I don't kno if its cuz ive been clean for a week or what... but as soon as i pushed off my dome got fuckin rocked... and im used to doin the 40 ERs and the 10 IR pinks. Fuck what you heard about the generics people... these things still do the trick.
    This god of mine relaxes. World dies i still pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapable View Post
    Mine are made by Roxane and definetly more abuse-proof than the original pink(10) and blue(5) gems.
    They say 54 814 on the one side of the white pill.
    I was originally getting "Opana" from Endo,now these come in the same bottle except the lable is red instead of blue and they say Oxymorphone instead of Opana.
    These are from Endo labs as well.As for the inprint these have a big #10 on one side and series of numbers on the other (I'll have to check).
    I'll try and post a pic so you can see the differences,see if you can do the same.

OpioNoMo pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about pokergooch has a spectacular aura about

So, are the pink originals still the best? I get mine in a couple days and this would be good info to know..

thanks

PG

The 10mg IR's from Roxane are harder to sniff because they are hard as fuck to crush,
    and when ya finally get it crushed up, it's a finer powder (if that makes sense).
    The finer powder is hard to not suck back into your throat even if one only
    inhales very gently. SWIM ends up gagging and coughing. Also don't seem to
    get any additional therapeutic benefit when taking them bucally(which is a
    nice ROA when ill with flu, no drink handy, or no private area to prep). With the
    Opana 10 mg(pink) got a lot out of taking them in the cheek over a large molar
    (much more than just taking orally). These white generic Roxanes notta! Insufflating
    still works well, but have concerns over all the extra that may end up in the lungs.
    Price is nice if one plans on taking them as directed! My lungs hurt and are wheezing,
    wonder why!

Occasionally Opiated anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49 is a jewel in the rough anonymous49's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kapable View Post
    The 10mg IR's from Roxane are harder to sniff because they are hard as fuck to crush,
    and when ya finally get it crushed up, it's a finer powder (if that makes sense).
    The finer powder is hard to not suck back into your throat even if one only
    inhales very gently. SWIM ends up gagging and coughing. Also don't seem to
    get any additional therapeutic benefit when taking them bucally(which is a
    nice ROA when ill with flu, no drink handy, or no private area to prep). With the
    Opana 10 mg(pink) got a lot out of taking them in the cheek over a large molar
    (much more than just taking orally). These white generic Roxanes notta! Insufflating
    still works well, but have concerns over all the extra that may end up in the lungs.
    Price is nice if one plans on taking them as directed! My lungs hurt and are wheezing,
    wonder why!
    I didnt know people actually sniffed these things..... Hmmm i guess some people have a lot more self-obedience then myself
    I'm high and I'm happy and I'm free

Never Looked Back Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack is a name known to all Synack's Avatar

glad I get mine right from Endo - hopefully I won't experience the generic any time soon...

anyone know the cash pay value on these?
    Wanna play Halo 3, COD: MW2(B BP's too) or Read Dead Redemption via Xbox 360 Live - VM me your account info...

"if youre seeing a sub doctor, are explanations really necessary? " - fauxflavored
    "We just clean up the mess these people make when they shit the bed..." - Brony reguarding banning solicitors
    "I was not at all leery about trying coke. However, I knew something was up when I couldn't smell Thanksgiving dinner one year. " - Dhedmo
    "We still do that? Yeah, the sad thing is [that] we don't even use real people anymore, just socks with buttons sewn on" - In Plain Sight: Season Finale (S02E15)
    "Let's see. Hose clamp = legal. Scripted Oxy = legal. Oxy on hose clamp = jail." - sofitel
    "DO NOT CHEW OR CRUSH & TRY TO INJECT EMBEDA UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT INSTANT ONSET UNTREATABLE WITHDRAWALS.
    You have been forwarned......"-PoppyLvr
    "And when I see the red bloom -- fuck, I'm practically foaming at the mouth. Pavlov would be proud."-dugwylor
    "I don't care how hot the woman is, an asshole has one purpose- and it's not a pretty purpose, LOL! urghh..." - goodgirlgonebad
    "my man fuzzy slippers told me da word on da street is that plugging oxy in your urethra will get you super duper fucked up man. i'm gonna try it as soon as i get the chance...can't wait to penis plug!!! -FiendMan

Quote Originally Posted by pokergooch View Post
    So, are the pink originals still the best? I get mine in a couple days and this would be good info to know..
    thanks
    PG
    IMO,if you never experienced the "Named Brand"(Opana) and get scripted these you'll enjoy them just fine.I guess it's just that I REALLY liked the "Named Brand" ones and I'm comparing these new ones to them.
    However,for the price of the new co-pay it's a decent deal (20-30 dollar savings in some places).
    Unlike Kap's,mine look like and break up just like the old ones but they do taste very different.

Occasionally Opiated Aces N 8s will become famous soon enough Aces N 8s will become famous soon enough Aces N 8s will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by MEKONE View Post
    Even though mine are still pink,and the same texture as the originals I was getting I still don't like the Generics over the "Name Brand". Glad you like them.
    Here is a link to a post I put up a few weeks ago about the same thing.
    http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=32620
    Right now there are 2 companies making generic Opana IR. They are Roxane pharms and Endo (the same company that makes the name brand). When a medication is allowed to be manufactured as a generic, the company that makes the name brand can distribute generics 6 months before anyone else can.

Logically speaking, I can think of no reason why the pharm company that makes the name brand would change the formulation when making their generics (the inactive ingredients can be different for generics but all of the active ingredients, their quantities and qualities must be the exact same). It is possible that they could change some of the inactive ingredients if, say, between the time of getting FDA approval for the brand name and for the generic they find that some other inactive works better or is cheaper then they may decide to use that instead. But otherwise there is no reason to spend extra money on R&D when they already have a formulation that they know works.

That being said, it sounds like what you have are the generics made by Endo and therefore should be the exact same as the brand name. No disrespect but it is possible that the difference you perceive is just a placebo effect (technically a "nocebo" effect - which is just a placebo effect as applies to side effects instead of the intended effect) that is very common and is pretty much always the reason that someone will say that they think the "brand name" anything works better when there is actually no difference between the brand name and the generic. Like someone who thinks their car "just runs better with chevron gas" so they pay the extra 20 cents per gallon over the am/pm across the street, even though the same tanker fills up both stations.

Quote Originally Posted by digby View Post
    Unless they aren't listing all the inactive ingredients, the only change between brand and generic (other than perhaps the quantity of certain inactive ingredients) is that the brand contains lactose monohydrate which is replaced in the generic by microcrystalline cellulose. The other inactive ingredients, magnesium stearate and pregelatinized starch are the same.
    Is that referring to the generics made by Endo or by Roxane?

Opiophile digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby's Avatar

I was referring to the generic made by Roxane.

The description and ingredient information of the Roxane oxymorphone is listed below.

The 5 mg dosage form is a white to off-white, round, standard convex tablet debossed with “54 956” on one side and plain on the other.
    The 10 mg dosage form is a white to off-white round, standard convex tablet debossed with “54 814” on one side and plain on the other.

11 DESCRIPTION

Oxymorphone Hydrochloride Tablets are a semi-synthetic opioid analgesic supplied in 5 mg and 10 mg tablet strengths for oral administration. The tablet strengths describe the amount of oxymorphone hydrochloride per tablet. The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and pregelatinized starch.

The ingredients in the generic made by Endo are listed below and except for possible quantities of ingredient and the debossing numbers, are the same as the brand.

The 10 mg dosage form is a red, round, convex tablet debossed with E795 on one side and 10 on the other.

11 DESCRIPTION
    Oxymorphone hydrochloride is a semi-synthetic opioid analgesic supplied in 5 mg and 10 mg tablet strengths for oral administration. The tablet strengths describe the amount of oxymorphone hydrochloride per tablet. The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, and pregelatinized starch. In addition, the 5 mg tablets contain FD&C blue No. 2 aluminum lake. The 10 mg tablets contain D&C red No. 30 aluminum lake.
    Last edited by digby; 12-16-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    "You must respect the chemistry."

+ Reply to Thread