Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Checking for levels of Oxycodone

Opiophorum Member OCD will become famous soon enough OCD will become famous soon enough OCD will become famous soon enough OCD will become famous soon enough OCD's Avatar

Default Checking for levels of Oxycodone

I was always of the belief that when a doctor says that they are checking your levels of a drug when drug testing that they are totally full of shit. Well, after something that happened today I'm not so sure anymore.

I always make sure to save at least 1 of my meds just in case I get drug tested at pain management. Well, today was one of those days. I took my 1 roxi 30 this morning and off I went to my appointment. I got a drug test right when I got there and thought nothing of it. Well I was sitting in the back for a while and started to worry. You know how it is in a situation like that, you start worrying about everything, even when you know everything is fine. Well, after like 30 minutes the doctor comes in and ask me if I'm running low on my meds every month. "No, not at all, why?" Well your levels for oxycodone were rather low in your drug test this morning and he proceeds to hand me a sheet that shows some kind of estimate of my daily intake over the last 72 hrs. It showed that I was "averaging" 15mgs of oxycodone per day over the previous 72 hours.

I said that I had only taken 1 30 this morning, but I didn't know why it would say that. He kind of gave me a look like he didn't believe me and just went ahead and refilled my scripts and off I went.

What the hell? There is NO WAY they can tell what I've been taking over the last 72 hours is there? I mean, a drug test is a snap shot of what is in my system at that moment? I almost think it was some kind of trick to see how I would react. I just don't understand how they could determine what I'm averaging? I've never had any issues with this doctor at all. Never failed a drug test, never tried to get my meds early, and never acted strange in the least bit, but my doctor acted REALLY wierd today. I was somewhat put off by the whole thing honestly.

Any thoughts on this? Do you think he was just testing me to get a reaction? I just didn't think this so called "level" testing was really possible.
    "Res ipsa loquitur"

OpioNoMo ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker ausativa is one bad motherfucker

Default Re: Checking for levels of Oxycodone

when i get tested by the man aka probation.. they have a printout from the lab that shows the percentage of shit in my urine. im not sure if they could say.. YOU TOOK EXACTLY ONE THIRTY! because there are residual levels of past doses still in your bloodstream.. unless you were completely clean and then took one. maybe the DEA is breathing down his neck or something.. good thing you saved that thirty tho.

Never Looked Back normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420 is a splendid one to behold normus420's Avatar

there not full of shit I used to get my levels tested as well. Im not sure how they can tell how many mg's you have had over the last 72 hours but when I used to get tested for my sub doc. I used to use clean piss and add a little sub to it and they cought on cuz the levels were outta wack.

Opiophorum Member OCD will become famous soon enough OCD will become famous soon enough OCD will become famous soon enough OCD will become famous soon enough OCD's Avatar

Hmm, interesting. I mean, I knew they could tell if you had been taking a lot or if you haven't because a drug test is a level test basically because if you're under a certain amount of said drug then you actually don't fail. Like they leave room for things like poppy seeds on bagels and stuff like that for opiates, but them being able to basically say what I've been averaging is a bit strange...
    "Res ipsa loquitur"

Junky callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx has a spectacular aura about callinrx's Avatar

I know that they can do it with GMSM or whatever that test method is...but not on the spot I dont think> I had the same thing done and my levels actully were spot on, and should have read way higher. So many variables to these tests though, so i dont know how they figure an average. Just my experience with a lab test.

"Once you know, you can never go back".

All posts are for entertainment purposes only

LIFETIME MEMBER Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May has much to be proud of Maddi May's Avatar

I get tested periodically, and at the beginning, it seemed to be a test they did there at the clinic, that I believe just showed the meds I had be RX'd were indeed in my system.

Fast forward a few years, and now there is a new director of the clinic, and I am literally on my 5th doctor there since I started 7 yrs ago...they basically get burned out I guess, and I keep ending up with a different doc that then has a whole different approach on how to treat my pain, from the last one.

Anyway, I was tested last May, and I get a bill in the mail for testing that cost over $900, and was asked to pay $330 of it. The clinic said there should be no out of pocket pay, and to ignore it, but I guess I was figuring, if they are sending the urine out, and it's costing them that amount to screen it, what are all the things they are screening it for?

I would not doubt that they could maybe tell how much is in your system at the time you did the test, but I would believe they would need blood to check any levels going back 72 hrs, and I find it very difficult to believe that they would have that kind of capablility to test your urine on the spot, and find out so much info, unless they had a lab in that clinic as well.

So, do I believe they can find amounts? Yes...done with the right tests, at the proper lab, and it probably would cost them more. Do I believe they can do it in 30 min without a lab at your clinic? No...at least not with it being so detailed.

Just my 2 cents!

MM

undercover cop harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik has much to be proud of harmonik's Avatar

they can definitely tell how much of a substance is in your system...

it was a piss test tho, right?

I remember getting a "trough check" at my done clinic.. they took my blood and checked what the levels were at to make sure I was doing my takehomes or whatever it was..
    "you should never be embarrassed by your trouble with living, because it's the ones with the sorest throats who have done the most singing."

Opiophile digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby has much to be proud of digby's Avatar

It depends on the kind of test that is done. My clinic does a simple urine test which simply tells what drugs are in my system. It doesn't show specific percentages and only tests for the drugs on this particular panel. I would guess that most clinics do this because it is cheap, simple and shows most of what they need to know.

One month there was a problem with one of the patients ODing, and every patient at the clinic was required to have blood drawn for blood-gas testing. Now these tests are VERY specific and will list very detailed levels of chemicals in your bloodstream. But the simple urine tests will not do that. If they sent urine samples out to a lab with more sophisticated ways of testing, then I would think they could establish some basic levels, but nothing as detailed as the blood or hair testing that is available.
    "You must respect the chemistry."

Never Looked Back Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow's Avatar

Testing is available to check "averages" over a 10 to 30 day period. Helps screen out script diverters.

When I saw my medical records they almost always said "pt's eyes dialated normally" (meaning I had not taken my meds).

I never miss appointments, never call early refills and never tell anyone who my dr. is anymore and have avoided most problems in last 7 years of 8ish years with this clinic.

My ins. will not pay for expensive drug tests as of this year.

Will

Yes, it was a urine test.

One other question. I have searched and searched for this and I get all kinds of different answers. How long will oxycodone be in your urine and/or blood from IV use? One web site said that oxycodone was only in your piss for 24 hours? This can't be right can it?

Like I said, I've searched and found so many different answers it's ridiculous.
    "Res ipsa loquitur"

Junky Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    I was always of the belief that when a doctor says that they are checking your levels of a drug when drug testing that they are totally full of shit. Well, after something that happened today I'm not so sure anymore.

I always make sure to save at least 1 of my meds just in case I get drug tested at pain management. Well, today was one of those days. I took my 1 roxi 30 this morning and off I went to my appointment. I got a drug test right when I got there and thought nothing of it. Well I was sitting in the back for a while and started to worry. You know how it is in a situation like that, you start worrying about everything, even when you know everything is fine. Well, after like 30 minutes the doctor comes in and ask me if I'm running low on my meds every month. "No, not at all, why?" Well your levels for oxycodone were rather low in your drug test this morning and he proceeds to hand me a sheet that shows some kind of estimate of my daily intake over the last 72 hrs. It showed that I was "averaging" 15mgs of oxycodone per day over the previous 72 hours.

I said that I had only taken 1 30 this morning, but I didn't know why it would say that. He kind of gave me a look like he didn't believe me and just went ahead and refilled my scripts and off I went.

What the hell? There is NO WAY they can tell what I've been taking over the last 72 hours is there? I mean, a drug test is a snap shot of what is in my system at that moment? I almost think it was some kind of trick to see how I would react. I just don't understand how they could determine what I'm averaging? I've never had any issues with this doctor at all. Never failed a drug test, never tried to get my meds early, and never acted strange in the least bit, but my doctor acted REALLY wierd today. I was somewhat put off by the whole thing honestly.

Any thoughts on this? Do you think he was just testing me to get a reaction? I just didn't think this so called "level" testing was really possible.
    He asked if you if you are running low and then said you aren't taking enough? Sounds like he just asked you if you are selling your scripts without asking you to try and gauge your response. You said the right thing obv cause now he doesn't know if you sell them or just don't need as much. If you would have said yes you run out early he would have known for sure you sell them. Sounds like you played this one well.
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    Yes, it was a urine test.

One other question. I have searched and searched for this and I get all kinds of different answers. How long will oxycodone be in your urine and/or blood from IV use? One web site said that oxycodone was only in your piss for 24 hours? This can't be right can it?

Like I said, I've searched and found so many different answers it's ridiculous.
    It stays in there for more than 24 hours. I tested myself with a five panel the other week after 3 days of not using and I tested + for opiates. Didn't even think oxycodone would show for opiates since some of the seven panel ones list it specifically but it does.

PLATINUM MEMBER
    Opiophorum Member
    PaythePiper will become famous soon enough PaythePiper will become famous soon enough PaythePiper will become famous soon enough PaythePiper will become famous soon enough PaythePiper will become famous soon enough

The reason that site said oxycodone gets out of your system within 24 hours is because with a basic 5 panel test that is only testing for morphine, high enough levels of oxycodone will actually trigger that test. The reason the poster above me was positive after three days was because his oxycodone levels were still really high.

So say you haven't done oxycodone for weeks and do 80mg one day. You would most likely trigger the test for the next 24 hrs but not afterwards. But say you've done 120mg for a week or two. Then your body would have enough oxycodone in your body to trigger the test for three, four or even five days.

Now of course if your specifically testing for oxycodone they can test for it usually between 3 to 5 days, but for heavy users that could be up to seven. I remember when I was chipping years and years ago on oxycodone I had a pretty heavy tolerance still and after about a week of using about 160mgs a day I was still positive for oxycodone after seven days of staying clean. So really there are a lot of variables you need to take into account including metabolism, height and weight, amount of use, tolerance, length of use, etc.

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

A lab test that shows levels could detect it for longer than a standard x-panel test...but 24 hours sounds about right for oxycodone. The thing is that's for a SINGLE use. If you're using every day it will take a LOT longer than whatever the estimate for one time is.

a general rule, though not something to live by, is that it takes 5 half-lives for something to be out of your system. oxycodone's HL is 3-4.5 hours, so 24 hours isn't really that far-fetched. but I can't stress enough that it depends on so many factors that it's different for everyone and that's an AVERAGE....and again, a SINGLE dose.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

Occasionally Opiated fizzled428 is an unknown quantity at this point fizzled428's Avatar

I've been on two diff. states of probation and had many various other screenings just like many here. I can tell you from what I know is the GC/MS (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spec.) are the only ones that can tell "levels" I think (besides hair testing). Anyway, the levels are going to be diminished based on your body factors no matter how much you took. Its been it your body being metbolized and reduced somewhat.
    Obilvously if you care about your scripts just make sure you take as directed the previous 72 hrs. or whatever time frame there supposedly looking at. The more expensive tests they usually have to send out witch are more in-depth view of numbers and substances. Like someone mentioned above sometimes the docs do get scared from dea or w/e and just wanna make sure they cover their own ass.
    "Now I'm of prison, I've got me a friend at last
    He don't steal or cheat or lie
    His name is codeine, he's the nicest thing I've seen
    Together we're gonna wait around and die
    Together we're gonna wait around and die." - TVZ

Junky Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light Garbage is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    The reason that site said oxycodone gets out of your system within 24 hours is because with a basic 5 panel test that is only testing for morphine, high enough levels of oxycodone will actually trigger that test. The reason the poster above me was positive after three days was because his oxycodone levels were still really high.

So say you haven't done oxycodone for weeks and do 80mg one day. You would most likely trigger the test for the next 24 hrs but not afterwards. But say you've done 120mg for a week or two. Then your body would have enough oxycodone in your body to trigger the test for three, four or even five days.

Now of course if your specifically testing for oxycodone they can test for it usually between 3 to 5 days, but for heavy users that could be up to seven. I remember when I was chipping years and years ago on oxycodone I had a pretty heavy tolerance still and after about a week of using about 160mgs a day I was still positive for oxycodone after seven days of staying clean. So really there are a lot of variables you need to take into account including metabolism, height and weight, amount of use, tolerance, length of use, etc.
    I took the test after my last run which got way out of hand for me. I ran through 34 5mg roxis in 6 days ending a week before T-giving. Prior to that I had been going strong since April sans August of this year. Maybe a few 5 day breaks. I took the test about 65-72 hours after my last daily dose of 7.5mg. I also know I take forever to clean out from pot as last time it took me 43 days to test negative for THC.

Edit: My tolerance is such that 10-15mg intranasal still works for me.

+ Reply to Thread