Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rectal suboxone-- naloxone activity?

New Opiophile CidneyIndole is an unknown quantity at this point CidneyIndole's Avatar

Rectal suboxone-- naloxone activity?

I've used suboxone rectally on a handful of occasions.

Simple solution was made and administered via syringe after a thorough cleaning. Doses have ranged from around 1mg to about 4mg.

I've found the method to be nice, and sometimes even gives a little "rush." (This is something I don't get a lot with opiates, as I haven't used IV in many years, and don't really plan to...)

I am,however,wondering about the rectal bioavailability for naloxone? And, at what dose do you think this might negatively impact one's experience?

Junky degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser is a glorious beacon of light degausser's Avatar

Default Re: Rectal suboxone-- naloxone activity?

Quote Originally Posted by CidneyIndole View Post
    I've used suboxone rectally on a handful of occasions.

Simple solution was made and administered via syringe after a thorough cleaning. Doses have ranged from around 1mg to about 4mg.

I've found the method to be nice, and sometimes even gives a little "rush." (This is something I don't get a lot with opiates, as I haven't used IV in many years, and don't really plan to...)

I am,however,wondering about the rectal bioavailability for naloxone? And, at what dose do you think this might negatively impact one's experience?
    Considering the binding-affinities and the 4:1 ratio of bupe:naloxone, the buprenorphine will always out compete with the nalaxone for your receptors no matter what the ROA (SL, nasal, IV, IM, or rectal. You shouldn't have any issues. With the high BA of rectal bupe, you shouldn't be thinking about how high you can dose, you should be thinking about how low you can dose.

I dont know the exact figures, but I know naloxone has a high ba intra-nasally. I snort my dose all the time, and have never had any issues with it.

New Opiophile CidneyIndole is an unknown quantity at this point CidneyIndole's Avatar

Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure if the naloxone was detracting from the quality of my experience.

I wasn't really thinking about dosing higher. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable putting a whole lot more up there anyway. lol Without a high tolerance, 4mg rectal is pretty heavy.

I also wondered the same about naloxone nasal availablity--I have tried that route with success as well. However, I think I still prefer rectal for this one.

Departed Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

the nalox is very limitedly active even IV.

it may have SOME impact in the first 30min of dosing,
    but with the 4:1 ratio
    its not even enough to bring on a full sick...

just seems to MAYBE sometimes delay the onset of glow vs pure bupre.

please dose 'xone just as you would pure bupre,
    just might need to be a wee bit patient depending on you specific sensitivity to Nalox.

EDIT:

OP: INTRO MUCH?!?!
    Last edited by Thanat0s; 11-18-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: intro motherfucker.
    [SIZE=2][B]
    "...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."[/B][/SIZE][B][SIZE=1][B] -quantam leaps, bernstein.[/B][/SIZE][/B]

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

OpioNoMo jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker jimmyfingers is one bad motherfucker

From my understanding, the naloxone is barely active no matter what the ROA.

I used to prefer xone to tex even though I remained on the tex for a long time. However, this was because I did not want to put another chemical into my body and a pointless one at that. The preference might have been placebo or mental. I thought I could feel a stronger 'glow' from the xone.

Oh yea, this will be the last sub question I will answer until you give a solid 5 start into.

With Deep Sincerity,
    Dr. Fingers

Junky kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough
    My body lets me have an infinite honeymoon with bupe...thats where i'm at...

for any drug the dose is entirely dependant on the person taking the dose.. if your taking 1-4mg rectally i wouldn't go anymore than double that or it might make you feel sick...i know if i take more than double my normal dose i feel like complete shit.

the naloxone is honestly a huge myth...i mean yes it'll bind to the receptors for a tiny fraction of a moment but the bupe itself will rip them all off and take their place..that's why even if you IV brand suboxone the naloxone in it doesn't do a damn thing. you might say, what about precipitated withdrawal then?...that can only happen if you have a full opiate still in your system on your brains receptors...PWD only really happens when someone is still high but they think they arn't...and they take a dose of subs..the subs rip all the other drug off the receptors and take their places...because subs don't offer the same euphoria and effects as a full opiate..it can't make you feel anywhere near as good as the full opiate it just ripped off..and hence you start feeling mad shitty insanely quick..especially if you were stupid enough to shoot it in this situation..your fucked..lol

other than that...i personally only use brand name suboxone rectally...for some reason the generic subutex has some bullshit in it that really really agitates sensitive skin...this goes for IV'ing, IM'ing and rectal...i can take a huge rectal shot of brand name suboxone...but if i tried to take half that dose in Roxane generic subutex in 5 fucking minutes i'd be running to the toilet cuz it's coming back out no matter fucking what...it's ridiculous...that shoulda been my hint when i was trying those IV experiments...if it bothers your asshole it's obviously gonna fuck up your veins...derrr..lol by the way my body is completely healed from the thrombosis that the generic's caused...thank fucking god..that shit was fucking with me bad...

I'm really sorry for not responding further on this. Stupidly, I forgot I even had this account.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I did not (when I initially read this thread) get the

"Intro Much?"

and

"Oh yea, this will be the last sub question I will answer until you give a solid 5 start into."

I'm afraid I either didn't see them, or didn't understand them. I'm afraid I don't *wholly* get them now, but I'm going to assume it's customary here for members to give introductions of some sort?

I again apologize for my ignorance. I have come here and browsed for many years, but I have limited interactions as a member (as you can see on this page..)

+ Reply to Thread