methadone withdrawal

Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: methadone withdrawal

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

Default methadone withdrawal

how long do the physical withdrawal symptoms usually last? I've heard 2-3 weeks and also up to a month. but I've also heard if you take a short acting opiate, like hydrocodone or morphine for example, after you go into withdrawal from methadone that since their half lifes are much shorter that your withdrawal will only last as long as regular morphine withdrawals, like 1-2 weeks, is this true?
    if you were at day 10 or so of methadone withdrawal how much longer would the average person have to wait for the physical symptoms to go away?
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Never Looked Back LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow's Avatar

Default Re: methadone withdrawal

I had to quit methadone cold turkey while I was on MMT at 110mg's a day. It was pure hell.. I don't know how I made it. For me to feel completely normal again it took about 2 1/2 months.

Departed Opiophile dorje is an unknown quantity at this point dorje's Avatar

The Done withdrawal is horribly long...I don't think it ever ends.. I hate that chemical and thank god haven't touched any in years.
    First thing you learn is that you always have to wait.

Opiophorum Member Tar_Baby is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive kicked methadone 3 times...Twice in jail, once at home.
    First kick was off 80 mg's for 2 years + $200 a day tar heroin ..This was in 1997 and was the worst, I had to go to prison for some heroin charges I started to feel human again after 5 weeks.
    At home I tapered off of 170 mgs...I had bi weekly carry outs ( 2 weeks) and I dropped immediately from 170 to 120 without telling clinic..and I dumped the "runoff" 50 mgs a day into a milk jug for about 17 months..at which time I had almost a full gallon of methadone syrup undilluted. I was also using approx 1 gram of high powered ice methamphetamine a day IV and sometimes belly bombing. Anyway I dropped myself from 150 to 0 from january till about june..I didnt go into hardcore WD till I got to about 40 mgs a day..Id say though after I dropped to 0 mg's I was sick for about 9 weeks.
    I really dont like to think or talk about methadone kicks, they are so long and hard on every pore of your mind body and soul..I think methadone kicks literally destroy part of the soul..the rush of emotions and depression etc along with physical symptoms are just indescribeable.

Dont taper any more than 1 % of your total dose per month is the only way to do it in relative comfort. Thing is, the clinics wont taper you this slow.

Never Looked Back Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid has much to be proud of Paregoric Kid's Avatar

so is it your opinion that stimulants are a good tool for methadone wd? I've had mixed results but I was never in full withdrawal taking lots of speed. seems to make sense though they both increase dopamine release. though I imagine people that don't particularly like stimulants would hate it. withdrawal causes norepinephrine release on it's own which is something a lot of stimulants do (this is why they prescribe clonidine for wd sometimes or to counteract the side effects of stimulants, it lowers the levels of NE). or is that not totally right? last time I read about clonidine was too long ago. I know methcathinone doesn't cause NE release and coke only does to a lesser extent than amphetamines.
    any experience on how to make methadone wd better would be appreciated and especially the questions about switching to a shorter acting opiate during methadone wd and how long you thought the physical wd lasted.
    "The magnitude of pleasure reaches its limit in the removal of all pain. When such pleasure is present, so long as it is uninterrupted, there is no pain either of body or of mind or of both together." -Epicurus
    The Sick Life | OpioWiki |
    http://lp.org http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

+ Reply to Thread