Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ways to make oral morphine stronger

Opiophile SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid's Avatar

Default Ways to make oral morphine stronger

All the glory of morphine having been touted in my last post, I obviously can't go around with an oral syringe in my pocket, fixing in the bathroom of every place I go. I had always wondered if there are any ways to make oral morphine sulfate more effective. Any liver enzyme potentiators or some such?

Having said that, I wonder why this hasn't been an aim of the pharmaceutical industry. I know they could do it and probably pretty easily. Like how testosterone was made to be an orally effective agent by methylating it. I know they have to have the capability to do it, I suppose it's just not profitable.
    - "I've found that the darkest times are often the greatest catalyst for change and eventual happiness." -import

- "Fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words. They are perspectives." -V from V For Vendetta

HRH The Princess Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon is cooler than ice Narkotikon's Avatar

Default Re: Ways to make oral morphine stronger

Probably not very profitable, like you were saying, mainly because they have better orally-active opiates / opioids. But, I suspect that it being morphine and a C-II has something to do with it as well. I don't think the pharm industry is very concerned with how to make C-II's even more orally active, because oral abuse is probably the easiest form of abusing a pill. I mean, you just swallow it. It's not like you have to fix it or anything.

Anyway, yes, there are ways to make morphine better orally. Look up morphine on Wikipedia. Look specifically for it's pharmacokinetics section. Basically you want to know how morphine is metabolized. Then, once you figure out how it's metabolized, you look for drugs that INHIBIT those enzymes.

You want drugs to INHIBIT those metabolizing enzymes because less enzyme production / inhibition means less enzyme to metabolize the morphine, which means higher blood-serum levels / more morphine in your system.

Here's a hint: Morphine is mostly metabolized by the liver (hepatic).

A list of drugs / drug classes that will enhance morphine's side-effects include:

1. Any form of CNS depressant
    2. Benzos
    3. Barbiturates.
    4. Ketamine / PCP / DXM
    5. Anti-histamines like diphenhydramine (Benadryl), Promethazine (Phenergan), and hydrozyzine (Atarax, Vistaril)
    6. Alcohol
    7. Nitrous Oxide
    8. Alpha Blockers like Clonidine, and Beta Blockers like Propranolol.

These can all be used as a "potentiator" to enhance the effects of an opiate. But, to be honest, the BEST potentiator for an opiate is another opiate (either the same one, or a different one).

Just please be careful. You just posted that you just found out that you really enjoy morphine orally. If you're going to use these types of things to potentiate, please be careful and work your way up slowly. Since you don't seem to have much experience with abusing morphine, just be careful. You don't want to OD.
    Taceant colloquia; effugiat risus.
    Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

+ Reply to Thread