Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How the hell do you guys prep morphine for IV??

Never Looked Back krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov is just really nice krinkov's Avatar

Default How the hell do you guys prep morphine for IV??

I've read all of the how to guides and what not, but I still can't successfully prep a shot of morphine!!! I've tried Kadians, Avinza's, and MS Contin's. They all seem to either gel up or for some reason, the needles plug up or draw up cloudy as hell. I use a cotton to filter and everything. For some reason, I just can't get it. Any tips or ideas what is going wrong? I use a 28 gauge, 1/2" needle. I heat the solution slightly and have tried without heat. Same thing each time. WTF??? Any help is appreciated.

Krinkov
    He scores! He shoots!!!

I HATE PEOPLE THAT TAKE DRUGS!
    Like Cops, DEA Agents, and Customs Officials.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

FREE ROBOJUNKIE!!!

Opiophorum Member jlaw666 is fresh on the scene. jlaw666 is fresh on the scene. jlaw666 is fresh on the scene. jlaw666's Avatar

Default Re: How the hell do you guys prep morphine for IV??

If you are doing the ABG kind, they are a bitch. You gotta just scrape the coating, crush really fine, and use cold water, and draw it up as fast as possible before it starts to gel up.

I forget what brand the kind I get are, but the 100's are blue tablets with no coating. They also have orange 60's (not to be confused with the orange ABG 60's), and they have a greyish/green colored 30. These you put your water in the spoon first. Heat it up. I use one of those torch type butane lighters because they heat it up MUCH faster and they don't leave soot on the bottom of the spoon. While the watere is hot as fuck drop in your tablet and continue to heat. The pill will kinda just dissolve, it might need a little bit of stirring with the end of your rig or something. Drop in your cotton and draw it up pretty quickly before it gels up. i do these all the time this way and it is the best way I have found so far.

Good Luck....
    doper than heroin, shoot up or shut up.......

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen's Avatar

Some lucky punters just put their needle in a bottle and draw their morphine up in their syringe.

I know, you're talking about pills.

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

Junky Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunatly ive only had to use one brand so i cant help very much, but from what i understand is the Kaidins are the closest to what i use, are they the capsuls with beads in them? The ones i get here in Canada are called M-eslons, its a capsul and has very tiny tiny beads in side. All i do is pour the beads out into a small candle holder, crush like a motor and pestle and draw up 100 units of water ( 1 cc ) add it to the powder, mix heat gently until i see some steam and mix it again, take a q-tip get it wet twist it up real tight and draw the solution up, i find that when i twist the q-tip while its wet it becomes very tight and filters much more crap out. All in all this takes me 5 min depending if i want to let the solution sit for a bit. These pills do not gel up either, you can heat them, or do a cold shot with out heat.

The Legend GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by More Feen View Post
    Some lucky punters just put their needle in a bottle and draw their morphine up in their syringe.

I know, you're talking about pills.

M F
    damn lucky puters-
    sounds habit forming

Opiophile Weanie More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen is cooler than ice More Feen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD N DIEMONDS View Post
    damn lucky puters-
    sounds habit forming

I've heard rumours that you are very right in this assumption.

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

Opiophile fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored is a name known to all fauxflavored's Avatar

i had a bad run at prepping an MS contin a couple of days ago. i don't think i'll ever try it again. i know i'd fail AGAIN and i hate wasting opi's

Never Looked Back Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow has much to be proud of Restharrow's Avatar

Krink do you have a ceramic Mortar and Pestle?

Swim's brother used to fix Kadian and he would Mortar and Pestle it. The pellets turned into a combination of fine powder and tiny broken plastic "pellets". The fine powder would disolve in cold water leaving the plastic pellets. He filtered with cotton, then filtered with a micron filter.

I could eat 1 of them and it helped with pain a lot but no euphoria. He would fix one of them and roll around on the floor scratching his back on the carpet like a euphoric dog. He looked so happy it almost made Swim try the needle.

It looked pretty simple to me. He said a ceramic Mortar and Pestle was the key to unlocking Kadian.

No guarantee as I never did it myselt.

Will

Junky michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines is a glorious beacon of light michellebaines's Avatar

Re: Kadian question(or any morphine in a capsule)
    I've found the best way for preping kadian for ingestion (iv, mixing with liquid & drinking, etc.), is to crush the beads in a mortar/pestle type pill crusher then filter through a mesh tea strainer into a cup or onto a piece of paper. For injection then mix powder with water to dissolve. (do ont throw out remaining bead particles in strainer, save to steep in water at a later date when u really need it [pour saved bead frags into strainer and place strainer in abt 1/8-1/4 inch of water in a cup and allow to soak for abt a min then proceed as normal]).

You need far less filtering using this method because you are not trying to get rid of the big fragments.
    I'm quoting myself here. I find a mortar & pestle style to work far better than the crushers with the little teeth, too hard to get all the good stuff out of the little cracks & crevasses.

http://morenowagain.wordpress.com

Do not go gentle into that good night
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day

Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Dylan Thomas (1914-1953)

OpioNoMo Morphine will become famous soon enough Morphine will become famous soon enough Morphine will become famous soon enough

someone up there said the ABG's are crap. I find thats not true. its the only brand I've MS contin I've gotten.

I'm scripted the 30mg CR morphine, and 30mg ir morphine.

for the 30mg ABG's I add 1ML of water to one pill, and I have no problems whatsoever sucking everything up. only thing left in the spoon when I'm done is the pill reside thats left after any kind of pill. and of course that stuff turns to gel (which, I keep by the way, until the whole script is done, and then I prepare a very thick solution of this and plug it to stay off sick).

remember, that morphine is only soluble to 60mg/ml though. so don't try to fit more than that into your standard rig or your wasting it.

also, do not heat pills, any pills, all that does is break down the fillers and stuff you don't want. the morphine will transfer to the water as soon as it touches it. also, heating it is goign to make the gelling worse.

but I have no problems whatsoever prepping these for IV. again, a full ML of water per pill.

I also double filter these. I use a needless rig to suck it up through the first cotton, then I squirt that into a clean spoon with a clean filter and suck it up in the rig I plan on using.

the IR's however you shouldn't have any problems with prepping as they don't gel at all. but remember, do not heat your pills, especially opiates as they are readily soluble in room temp water.

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

I use a makeshift mortar and pestle from an egg cup and a round-ended potato peeler. Although I swab every component, I have shot the milky, cloudy liquid on numerous occasions.

I haven't died yet nor have I developed necrosis but it bothers me that it's not a clear fluid.
    "Shoot drugs not people"

OpioNoMo Morphine will become famous soon enough Morphine will become famous soon enough Morphine will become famous soon enough

hmm, perhaps you should double filter the shots then.

because my shots are never cloudy. they are always clear. even after the first filter they're clear. are you heating your pills? because you shouldn't, all that does is put more of the filler in your shot, and could damage your morphine. morphine is damaged at a pretty low temp. its perfectly water soluble and transfers to the water as soon as the two meet, theres no need for heat. I gaurantee if you do not heat your shot, you'll notice it feel stronger than it does when you heat it. it will also be clear.

and again, you should double filter it. it only takes 30 seconds more, and could mean your life at some point.

Token ★ Phenethylaminophile Chipper has disabled reputation Chipper's Avatar

I do not heat but I will double-filter, as you recommend. Thanks, M.
    "Shoot drugs not people"

do you have pill kind, or the capsules with the beads?

because I have no experience with the capsules, and maybe that will always be cloudy, I dunno.

I am curious as to why that 2nd poster on this thread thinks the ABGs are crap. I have absolutely no problem with them at all.

what other brands are there, or rather, what is the best brand out there that doesn't gel up as much or whatever.

possibly I could get my pharmacy to switch mine to that, and try those. but currently I have no problems with the ABGs, and I'm thinking about seeing if I can get them bumped up to the 60mg, but I'm scared that those won't prep the same.

Junky Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough Swellin is a jewel in the rough

Try to google what a 60 mg ABG looks like, because size can matter for certain pills, for example the pills i get are called M-eslon they are similar to the Kaidens except the beads inside are very very small, almost like sugar and is 95% morphine 5% filler which makes for an excellent shot, and the 10 mg 30mg, 60 mg and 200mg M-eslon all contain the same beads just in smaller amounts which is nice. These pills are so simple to use heat or no heat the solution comes out crystal clear.

Now on the other hand i use to get these 10mg MSIR P|F brand pills which were HUGE and contained a very minuscule amount of morphine, and a large ass amount of filler, i would have to re-wash these fuckers 10 times because i had to crush up 6 at a time. So if you can get bumped up to 60 mg and the pills are smaller i would do it, you get more morphine and less filler so a stronger shot.

Opiophorum Member jlaw666 is fresh on the scene. jlaw666 is fresh on the scene. jlaw666 is fresh on the scene. jlaw666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morphine View Post
    do you have pill kind, or the capsules with the beads?

because I have no experience with the capsules, and maybe that will always be cloudy, I dunno.

I am curious as to why that 2nd poster on this thread thinks the ABGs are crap. I have absolutely no problem with them at all.

what other brands are there, or rather, what is the best brand out there that doesn't gel up as much or whatever.

possibly I could get my pharmacy to switch mine to that, and try those. but currently I have no problems with the ABGs, and I'm thinking about seeing if I can get them bumped up to the 60mg, but I'm scared that those won't prep the same.
    When I do 60 mgs of the ABG kind versus 60 mgs. of the other kind. (Not sure what kind they are but they are tablet shaped, oval) I get way more bang for the buck.
    doper than heroin, shoot up or shut up.......

from the looks of that post, and I"m sure its a mistake, it sounds like you get a better bang from the ABG's, but I'm guessing that you just worded it wrong because of your original post.

I didn't get it bumped up to 60mg, but I did get my 30mg CR's bumped up to 3 a day, instead of just 2. so I get 30 extra pills a month.

thing is, this month isn't over yet, so I go to walgreens with my script today, all happy, and then they tell me my insurance won't cover it until sunday. so I left walgreens today, pretty pissed off. but oh well, at least I dn't have to wait until the 10th for a refill like I thought I was going to have to.

Occasionally Opiated torch130 is an unknown quantity at this point torch130's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morphine View Post
    from the looks of that post, and I"m sure its a mistake, it sounds like you get a better bang from the ABG's, but I'm guessing that you just worded it wrong because of your original post.
    I didn't get it bumped up to 60mg, but I did get my 30mg CR's bumped up to 3 a day, instead of just 2. so I get 30 extra pills a month.
    thing is, this month isn't over yet, so I go to walgreens with my script today, all happy, and then they tell me my insurance won't cover it until sunday. so I left walgreens today, pretty pissed off. but oh well, at least I dn't have to wait until the 10th for a refill like I thought I was going to have to.
    did you ask them how much it would be too get them without insurance? i will do this on occasion if needed. also what brand of 30mg CR's?

Never Looked Back LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow's Avatar

I recently got bumped up to 90 MS-Contins as well. When does 30 extra pills a month ever hurt anyone? Today was refill day actually. I usually go to Walgreens, but wound up at the Safeway pharmacy where they gave me the Endo generics. I thought they messed up and gave me IR's because they look totally different from the ABG's or Malli's. No weird coating on the outside, I did get a little excited when I saw they were the Endo's... never tried these before... gonna try and shot a few tomorrow. I ate some today, not bad at all, but my rigs were full of dilaudid this afternoon.
    Morphine, my man, good to see another Arizona opiophile around here. I've lived in AZ my whole life... grew up in Flag, then phx, now the manKing... lol.. you know what I mean. Not the greatest in this corner of the state, but not bad. Close to Vegas and the CO river, good lookin' women, good pain management. Nice to meet you brotha.
    LayLowNslow- my posts are mainly non-fiction, true, and no bullshit.

When I am good, I am very good. When I am bad, I am even better.

talk to me like water running down a stream, i want to hear you say that dilly is water soluable again... it makes my panties moist layinL....

Quote Originally Posted by torch130 View Post
    did you ask them how much it would be too get them without insurance? i will do this on occasion if needed. also what brand of 30mg CR's?
    of course I did, haha, I am a junkie after all. $126, too much. I'll just stick it out with my pill washes, ibuprofen, nyquil, valium, whatever I have that I can get into me to make it easier until sunday at 10am.

to the post above me, thanks for letting me know what kind of CR's Safeway has, I don't know much about endo brand ms contin, so I'd be scared to get them. I only have experience with the ABG's and they work fine for me.

let me know how they work out, gelling-wise. and how much water you used per pill and stuff.

also, keep in mind that most pills that gel, gel when you add heat, which is unnecessary anywayz as opiates are readily water soluble, no need for heat, and like I said, can make things goopy and hard to work with.

Never Looked Back Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck has conned a lot of people to get this much rep Ickyuck's Avatar

Prepping morphine sulfates is easy as hell. I just crush, add warm water, throw a peice of coffee filter on top of the spoon to filter, then take a tiny cotton ball and throw it on top of the filter. Press it down, add needle and suck up the contents..

"People Wouldn't Shoot Up If It Didn't Feel Good "

New Opiophile Moorefeen is an unknown quantity at this point Moorefeen's Avatar

I think the ABG's from watson are the best there is as far as MS-C. I've done them all guys, and they are def better than the mallies, endo is pretty much as good but water needs heated FIRST before adding pill, Kadian's are fire to, about the same as the ABG's. The ABG's are the EASIEST to fix out of all of them, no heat needed-stick in spoon, crush vigorously, add H2O, stir quickly, draw up. No other ones are that easy my friends, and most others require water to be heated first. If you switch, which I wouldn't, go to Kadians. I still take the ABG 60's to this day.
    Useless advice is an opinion...which are like assholes. Everyone has one. And some...

Quote Originally Posted by Moorefeen View Post
    I think the ABG's from watson are the best there is as far as MS-C. I've done them all guys, and they are def better than the mallies, endo is pretty much as good but water needs heated FIRST before adding pill, Kadian's are fire to, about the same as the ABG's. The ABG's are the EASIEST to fix out of all of them, no heat needed-stick in spoon, crush vigorously, add H2O, stir quickly, draw up. No other ones are that easy my friends, and most others require water to be heated first. If you switch, which I wouldn't, go to Kadians. I still take the ABG 60's to this day.

church.

+ Reply to Thread