+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help FAST!!! What's the shelf life on oxycodone?

Opiophile SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid's Avatar

Default Need help FAST!!! What's the shelf life on oxycodone?

I'm about to be in withdrawals, most likely in the next 4-6 hours. BUT I've come into a supply of donated oxycodone. The thing is, they're from 2004. They're just 5mg oxycodone, no apap or anything else added. They've been stored properly as far as I can tell, just in a box in a closet in a well air conditioned house.

ARE THEY STILL SAFE TO TAKE?!?!?!? Please let me know something soon, I'm gonna be hurtin here shortly if I don't know anything and I don't want to risk taking them if they'll kill me or make me sick. For all I know oxy breaks down into some sort of deadly chemical after 6 years, it'd be just my luck that they do. Anyways, please reply soon!
    - "I've found that the darkest times are often the greatest catalyst for change and eventual happiness." -import

- "Fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words. They are perspectives." -V from V For Vendetta

Opiophorum Member WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin's Avatar

Default Re: Need help FAST!!! What's the shelf life on oxycodone?

You'll be fine. Seriously.

True Opiophile Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Thanat0s's Avatar

u serious?
    the shit doesnt go bad.

2004?!

yer in w/d and even took the time to ask this?!

shoot that shit,
    NOW.

"...i paid a visit to Schrodinger in his vienna apartment before his death... There were no cats. I was told he did not like cats."
    -quantam leaps, bernstein.

(thanatos)

[
    'thiscapriciouswhim'
    ]

'grass is greener
    over here'

Opiophorum Member WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin will become famous soon enough WickedContin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanat0s View Post
    u serious?
    the shit doesnt go bad.

2004?!

yer in w/d and even took the time to ask this?!

shoot that shit,
    NOW.

Word, if they are the 5mg OxyIR caps, just unscrew them and dump the powder out for snorting, shooting, taking like a BP powder, mixing with some kool-aide whatever the fuck you wanna do with 'em. Lol, I couldn't even imagine w/ding and being handed a bottle of oxy and taking time to focus or do anything else other than get that shit in my body ASAP.

Absentee Landlord Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Brony's Avatar

Go ahead and eat them up. You'll be just fine.

Opiophile SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid is a jewel in the rough SalvationThroughDilaudid's Avatar

The first instinct was to just tear into the fucking bottle, but I've never taken any old ass oxy's before. I remember hearing about how antibiotics can fuck you up if they're old and didn't know if the same thing applied to opiates.

The way I came into them was cleaning out a friend of my mom's house, an old lady with a bunch of illnesses, and she said I asked me to take out a bunch of "garbage" meds that were laying about. Among them were bullshit meds like mobic, a bunch of statin drugs, etc. and then a bottle of 46 5mg oxy.

Anyways, now that I know they're safe, enough bullshit, I'm off to get fixed. I appreciate it my friends! :cool:
    - "I've found that the darkest times are often the greatest catalyst for change and eventual happiness." -import

- "Fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words. They are perspectives." -V from V For Vendetta

Opiophile Weanie More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen needs no introduction More Feen's Avatar

Usually if medicines go bad, they just become a little weaker over time.

I don't know of any that become anything dangerous.

People have found morphine that was hundreds of years old, and still works.

Dried medicines--in pill or capsules--are even more resistant to degredation.

Enjoy!

M F

legal disclaimers:
    - More Feen is a fictitious character and an Opiophile Weanie
    - All posts are a work of fiction; the result of a diseased mind, and are intended for entertainment purposes only
    - More Feen does not condone any illegal activities; know the laws of your community, and abide by them

The Legend GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalvationThroughDilaudid View Post
    I'm about to be in withdrawals, most likely in the next 4-6 hours.
    <snipe>
    For all I know oxy breaks down into some sort of deadly chemical after 6 years, it'd be just my luck that they do. Anyways, please reply soon!
    Wait you not even in WDS
    just predicating that you will be in 6 hours
    (just noting you do have the time)
    to ah research-

NO oxy do not break down into a DEADLY CHEMICAL ever.

Thee above postings are spot on

Junky sweetpain is a jewel in the rough sweetpain is a jewel in the rough sweetpain is a jewel in the rough sweetpain is a jewel in the rough sweetpain is a jewel in the rough sweetpain is a jewel in the rough sweetpain is a jewel in the rough

"There is also no way to tell if the dosage you are getting is the correct one. This can cause serious problems including inadequate pain relief and overdose." quoted from opiates.com.

They are safe to take. A few years ago, when I moved, I found a little baggie of about 25 vicodins. Dang, you better believe they were up the nostrils fast as I could get em shaved. Anyways, they are safe to take, only problem (and I think the reason they say you can overdose) is that they most def lose their potency, therefore, you need to take more of em to get off. That was a problem when I found mine cuz they had to have been in there about 4 or 5 years cuz that's when I used to get scripts, but wasn't yet hooked on em and used to hide em away in baggies all around the house. I remember, I was scripted them and at first when I got them, when I took em, they would upset my stomach so I didn't take em. Picked up scripts every month cuz didn't want doc to find out wasn't taking em in case I changed my mind down the road. Listen, I remember giving (not selling) just giving my sis over 100 of them once.

God, what I wouldn't give to have those stashes again. They, for sure wouldn't have been hidden about the house in little baggies.

Anyways, be careful how many you take-that's the only danger. Cuz if they've lost their potency, which I'm sure they have 6 yrs out of date, you def will have to take more to get a buzz or for pain relief.

Be safe and Peace.

P.S. Enjoy your "gift."
    Quote:
    Pain is real when you get other people to believe in it. If no one believes in it but
    you, your pain is madness or hysteria.
    ...Naomi Wolf

Well I'm not facing WD's soon. I did end up taking 6 of them, 4 snorted and 2 eaten. I should've just eaten all of them. They have an absolutely VILE AND DISGUSTING smell about them, like some sort of nasty old person perfume gone rotten. But they still work like a charm

Thanks for all the advice guys and gals!

Believe me, after railing a mountain of powder that smells like an old lady's perfume bottle, I'm just going to be eating the rest of them! :cool:

Dopiophile Moderator jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub needs no introduction jdub's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpain View Post
    A few years ago, when I moved, I found a little baggie of about 25 vicodins. Dang, you better believe they were up the nostrils fast as I could get em shaved.

Ewwww. You enjoy sniffing vicodin?
    “Sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whiskey and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind but falling in love and not getting arrested.”― Hunter S. Thompson

I've always lived by the creed that you're never a failure in life if you fall as long as you try and get back up.

-Evel Knievel

I recently considered taking the plunge to IV. After all, when snorting meds, you can only snort so much before that crushed up mountain of 12 5mg pills starts to clog your fuckin face up!

Are there are good reference points to start with IV useage? Any place to point me in the right direction? Aside from the obvious "don't start" message, seriouslyl. HOw cnaan I decrease the harrm to myselff . Is there a wayy to do harm provention that you can tell me? Maybe a site that doess it? I'm hjigh as a kit right about now and want sum safe iv places for info on hos to do it. I never cooked up a shott befor. Need assiissstuance.

True Opiophile Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) Indy's Avatar

You didn't know that about expired pills STD? I'm actually kind of surprised, you've been a member on here since forever...no offense, not saying you're stupid or anything, just seems like something you'd know.
    "Live on coffee and flowers"

The Legend GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS is cooler than ice GOLD N DIEMONDS's Avatar

I recently considered taking the plunge to IV. After all, when snorting meds, you can only snort so much before that crushed up mountain of 12 5mg pills starts to clog your fuckin face up!

Are there are good reference points to start with IV useage? Any place to point me in the right direction? Aside from the obvious "don't start" message, seriouslyl. HOw cnaan I decrease the harrm to myselff . Is there a wayy to do harm provention that you can tell me? Maybe a site that doess it? I'm hjigh as a kit right about now and want sum safe iv places for info on hos to do it. I never cooked up a shott befor. Need assiissstuance.
    ?

-
    dude I am sorry and realllly don't mean to be an ass
    BUTT
    being high as a kit
    ATM
    is not thee time to IV
    there is a fuckton of assiissstuance here
    for safe IV use

srsly- just powder and SWALLOW those oxy's with their 85% BA
    don't IV

your wasting a fuckton of oxy up the nose hence starts to clog your fuckin face up
    and will waste even more trying to IV
    even with IV assiissstuance

PS-Maybe a site that doess it? <- yes I believe OPI do da

Never Looked Back Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid is a splendid one to behold Billy the kid's Avatar

25 vicodins up the nose? Jesus is weeping, kittens are dying, and your sinuses hate you! What is this world coming too?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy the kid View Post
    25 vicodins up the nose? Jesus is weeping, kittens are dying, and your sinuses hate you! What is this world coming too?
    Thanks for the morning LOL Billy

yes
    opi kittens are damn tired of dying-
    Kittens maybe comming to bites off thee nose!

Occasionally Opiated frenchtickler is fresh on the scene. frenchtickler is fresh on the scene. frenchtickler is fresh on the scene. frenchtickler's Avatar

My guy pulled up with a mirror and three blue gaggers busted out once.

He asked me if I wanted one, and I said sure because I assumed they were Roxis.

Good thing I asked just before tooting one because he told me it was a crushed up Watson 10/500.

And those three lines.... just one pill.

After that display of silliness he quickly ceased to be "my guy".

Noddin' & Moddin' mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline's Avatar

STD- Since I know you don't wanna hear "don't IV oxy, it has such a high oral B/A ect"( Which I know is true, but IVing oxy is a completely different ball game. I don't care about the oral B/A. People say its a waste cause it's technically only a 15% increase or so, but in my opinion it feels like it way more than 15%.

Anyway, whats your snorting/eating tolerance at a time? If you're notmally doing 30mg in a sitting usually, I'd try Iving 15-20mg. Follow those numbers up for the higher your normal dose. (60mg snort, 30-40mg IV, ect)

IDK what brand your roxi 5's are, but mallinkrodt is the best roxi for IV'in. All 5 mg roxis have a lot of filler, (reguardless of who makes them) But Malli's seem to have the least all the way up to 30's, making them less of a hassle to IV. Since the ones you got are from 04, I'm guessing they'll be M/5, A/5, or capsules.

Anyway, Good luck, let me know hwo it goes. People may disagree, but I feel like IV oxy is a COMPLETELY different drug than oral/nasal oxy. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by mainline View Post
    STD-

Anyway, Good luck, let me know hwo it goes. People may disagree, but I feel like IV oxy is a COMPLETELY different drug than oral/nasal oxy. Enjoy.
    Well yes AGREE
    of course it does

but what's the traded off:
    needle habit
    shorter half life
    wasting a fuckton of oxy thru poor preparation
    jacking up your tolly
    not to mention ODs
    expensive $$
    then H is the cheaper
    etc

srsly the thread did start with : NEED HELP FAST!!!
    that's with no WDS
    and
    No spike
    and
    no utfse

Occasionally Opiated THCloud is an unknown quantity at this point

IDK what brand your roxi 5's are, but mallinkrodt is the best roxi for IV'in. All 5 mg roxis have a lot of filler, (reguardless of who makes them) But Malli's seem to have the least all the way up to 30's, making them less of a hassle to IV. Since the ones you got are from 04, I'm guessing they'll be M/5, A/5, or capsules.
    Im not disagreeing on which are the best to shoot because I really have no clue. But the actavis are so much smaller than the mallinkrodt's. I figured they have to have less filler..... right?

Edit: I really need to find an avatar. :P

Quote Originally Posted by frenchtickler View Post
    My guy pulled up with a mirror and three blue gaggers busted out once.

He asked me if I wanted one, and I said sure because I assumed they were Roxis.

Good thing I asked just before tooting one because he told me it was a crushed up Watson 10/500.

And those three lines.... just one pill.

After that display of silliness he quickly ceased to be "my guy".

I split my sides laughing at this!

Geez, what a MOUNTAIN of fucking powder!?!?!? hahahahha!

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

As for IV, that'd put me somwhere around 40mg IV. I'll do some research here. Last night was definitley NOT the time to try my first shot. Anyways, thanks to all involved here. :cool:

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    You didn't know that about expired pills STD? I'm actually kind of surprised, you've been a member on here since forever...no offense, not saying you're stupid or anything, just seems like something you'd know.

You would think so, as long as I've been at this game eh? But no. Fortunately all of my supply has always been in date. Never worried about this problem until just last night. It's just one of those things that if you don't have to do it, you don't learn about it, ya know?

Noddin' & Moddin' mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline is ██  ████ (censored by Opiophile, they are just too awesome) mainline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THCloud View Post
    Im not disagreeing on which are the best to shoot because I really have no clue. But the actavis are so much smaller than the mallinkrodt's. I figured they have to have less filler..... right?

Edit: I really need to find an avatar. :P

not right actually. they aren't really SO much smaller either. But no, They have a very fluffy, annoying amount of filler when wet.

Jr. Opiophile always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated is a glorious beacon of light always_opiated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    Ewwww. You enjoy sniffing vicodin?

My SHNAAZ is burning just thinking of railing Vikes!!!

Occasionally Opiated THCloud is an unknown quantity at this point

not right actually. they aren't really SO much smaller either. But no, They have a very fluffy, annoying amount of filler when wet.
    I hear yea with the different consistency's. But they are noticeably smaller (actavis ). Those M's are a good amount thicker. Again, Im not arguing that people prefer the M's over the A's for shooting or even tooting, I have read the M's prepare better as well.

I'm just talking about the amount of binder/filler which unless the A's are just that much more dense, I still think they have less.. I actually had a guy tell me he prefer's the M's because they sell better because they "smoke better" .

Hopefully that makes sense as Im kinda faded right now :P

OpioNoMo ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice
    Right ther right ther (aka midcoast Maine)

If your 'hjigh as a kit right about now' from tooting 20mg and eating 10mg of oc then this is definetely not the time in your opiate career to start IV'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by ka11ink View Post
    If your 'hjigh as a kit right about now' from tooting 20mg and eating 10mg of oc then this is definetely not the time in your opiate career to start IV'ing.

Correct you are. :cool:

I would like to add however, that this isn't the first time I've gone down this road. It's actually about the 50th or so time I've been caught in what one of our other members so eloquently described as a "physiological chinese finger trap". It's just that my tolerance is a bit low at the moment due to this being the beginning of the 51st time to be caught in said finger trap.

But I don't actually think I want to get started up IVing. It's just something I thought I might do with my morphine to make it last longer. 15mg MScontin isn't very effective orally I've noticed.
    Last edited by SalvationThroughDilaudid; 09-19-2010 at 09:39 PM.

OpioNoMo ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice ka11ink is just really nice
    Right ther right ther (aka midcoast Maine)

Correct you are. :cool:

I would like to add however, that this isn't the first time I've gone down this road. It's actually about the 50th or so time I've been caught in what one of our other members so eloquently described as a "physiological chinese finger trap". It's just that my tolerance is a bit low at the moment due to this being the beginning of the 51st time to be caught in said finger trap.

But I don't actually think I want to get started up IVing. It's just something I thought I might do with my morphine to make it last longer. 15mg MScontin isn't very effective orally I've noticed.
    That's just the reason I started IV'ing. Me and my roommate/boy friend (I'm bisexual) couldn't afford our heroin habit so figured if we started injecting we wouldn't need as much. This was true for a couple weeks, but by then we ended up needing to inject even more to keep up with our raising tolerance. It goes up much much faster when you're IV'ing ur doc as opposed to eating/tooting it. So if you can actually keep yourself to just booting once in a blue moon (we all think we can), it can be useful, but 99/100 people can't go back once they pick up the rig.

+ Reply to Thread