Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: suboxone film?

Opiophorum Member Diacetylhaze will become famous soon enough Diacetylhaze will become famous soon enough Diacetylhaze will become famous soon enough Diacetylhaze's Avatar

Default Re: suboxone film?

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeRiggs View Post
    For those of you who are nervous about your doctor prescribing you the strips instead of the tablets, I honestly wouldn't worry at all. I've had three doctor visits since the strips came out, and had to actually ask to be prescribed the strips because I wanted to try them (2 mos ago). This month the doc just automatically wrote my script for the tablets again, he never mentioned the strips at all.
    Well the main reason I'm worrying is because my doctor made it seem as if R/B wasn't even making the pills anymore, just these strips..and then I come on here and read up about it and find out that isn't true, which leads me to believe they think i'm either abusing or selling my pills maybe? and other than my personal appearance, they have no fucking reason to think that. they already started drug testing me every 3 months which I've passed with flying colors. I do insufflate my suboxone which i know is stupid but it gives me a much better buzz than sublingual, so these strips, the whole idea sucks for people who use bupe not sublingually.

anybody have any thoughts on this, or maybe a suggestion i could do/say to my doctors? sure, i could look for another, but i already lucked out with this one cause they are so cheap compared to what most pay for their suboxone.

Occasionally Opiated TheyCallMeRiggs is an unknown quantity at this point TheyCallMeRiggs's Avatar

anybody have any thoughts on this, or maybe a suggestion i could do/say to my doctors?
    Tell him that you're broke, still trying to get back on your feet after years of drug abuse, and the name brand pills are really expensive. You've heard that they started making generic subs, which are much much cheaper than the name brand ones.

Best I can think of.

But that's my MO with this stuff. I forget to take it after a few days and seem to never suffer any repercussions. **KNOCK WOOD**
    Bup has a ridiculous half life, which is why you can skip a few days and not notice. The half life is generally around 36 hours iirc (varies by person though - I've heard up to 72hrs half life), so once you start dosing it stays in your system for a good amount of time.

Junky kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough
    My body lets me have an infinite honeymoon with bupe...thats where i'm at...

i love bupes half life...i mean i dunno even at my dose i have to dose before i wanna get outa my bed in the morning...but either way if i take a half a pill at night before bed i'll wake up and totally forget to take my dose...it's awesome because it actually feels like i'm a normal person rofl...then i start feeling sick and i'm like OH FUCK I FORGOT TO TAKE IT@##@ roflmao

Occasionally Opiated fizzled428 is an unknown quantity at this point fizzled428's Avatar

It just a way for RB to make more money and look-like there giving ppl more options to choose from. hah bastards, a couple friends that go to local private ones have to give up the ganja because dea is getting up their asses. Sub docs used to let you do MJ and Benzos, Not no more at least around here. I don't go to any personally but all the ppl I get them from do, so I try to let them know info I have any.

Within the next few years it might turn methadone-like which wouldn't be a good thing all the way around. Prob. more tests and less time in-between scripts, I hope not but some around here have really been "buckling down on patients". Maybe not but they are tighting the grip a little bit. How is west coast with Sub docs ? They give you leeway with rec. illicit drugs ?

Sorry the derail, but any info if the film is brand suboxone form or any subutex ? It might be a better option for some people. One good thing is its easier to store cut up doses as they wouldn't crush as easy. And if they made one w/o nalaxone must be easier/healthier for pregant women depending on ingredents. Yea I could see price being issue because being the "new drug". Time will tell how it fares against the others.
    "Now I'm of prison, I've got me a friend at last
    He don't steal or cheat or lie
    His name is codeine, he's the nicest thing I've seen
    Together we're gonna wait around and die
    Together we're gonna wait around and die." - TVZ

Never Looked Back LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow is a name known to all LayinLow's Avatar

Ugh, if subs turn into something similar to the methadone system, I'm out. I have a niiice stash of suboxone right now that would last a few months, if they changed the system for the worse. My sub doctor is at a non profit mental health clinic, and is soooo laid back. I've had one drug test at the beginning that he didn't even look at, doesn't mind benzo's in smaller doses, and I only see him once every 3 months. He only prescribes 8mg/day because he knows just about no one needs more than that... I've been on them around 4 or 5 months now, so having a few months saved up getting only 1 suboxone a day isnt bad.
    LayLowNslow- my posts are mainly non-fiction, true, and no bullshit.

When I am good, I am very good. When I am bad, I am even better.

talk to me like water running down a stream, i want to hear you say that dilly is water soluable again... it makes my panties moist layinL....

Junky kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough kill is a jewel in the rough
    My body lets me have an infinite honeymoon with bupe...thats where i'm at...

I was finally able to try the strips...I actually have one in my mouth right now as I'm typing this.

I don't know yet how I want to put it. It's a lot easier than taking a pill that's 99% binders. I also feel that because this is way more concentrated in that small strips space, than the pill that it should absorb more readily into your body..it seems like it works exactly the same as the pill effects wise..

Now for the one and only gripe.

WHY THE MOTHER FUCK DID THEY MAKE IT THE SAME FUCKING SHITTY ORANGE TANG FLAVOR?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, I think they are doing it on purpose just to be dicks..only reason I can think of. Otherwise tho I give the strips two thumbs up.

Occasionally Opiated surrender is an unknown quantity at this point surrender's Avatar

I just got back from my very first sub doc visit. We talked about my use, why i wanted to quit did all that good stuff.......well when it came time for the Rx he was just going to go with the pills, and i had to ask for the films. I really had to kinda fight for them...telling him how i think it will be easy to make sure i am just getting 2mg a day with the films. I think they are weaker but i got lucky cause he wrote me some extra so i would not run out....maybe not weaker just not as good a ROA.
    I must always remember. There's no point to surrender......Shift

Never Looked Back candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20 has much to be proud of candyman20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    I just got back from my very first sub doc visit. We talked about my use, why i wanted to quit did all that good stuff.......well when it came time for the Rx he was just going to go with the pills, and i had to ask for the films. I really had to kinda fight for them...telling him how i think it will be easy to make sure i am just getting 2mg a day with the films. I think they are weaker but i got lucky cause he wrote me some extra so i would not run out....maybe not weaker just not as good a ROA.

my sub doc told me that with these wait 5 to 10 minutes after it dissolves to eat or drink anything cause its still absorbing and that most ppl bitch that its weaker cause they dont do that but im not even on the strips i just get the free samples from him cause my insurance only covers the tablets how stupid is that its 3 dollars for my script for pills itd be 500 for a script of films

Occasionally Opiated surrender is an unknown quantity at this point surrender's Avatar

Thank you for the tip......I will keep that in mind. This was my first time using them and i did do that. Smoked a Mar.light right after that thing dissolved.
    I must always remember. There's no point to surrender......Shift

Never Looked Back OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude's Avatar

when I went to Dr on Monday he offered to write me for the film strip - as I was still in an abuse mind set - like being able to sniff'em - I asked him for the pills as that is easy for me and something I understand. He said I could cut up the strips for dosing etc...I go back for a month supply or 2 weeks not sure on Friday...not sure either if I want film or pills - I'll do a decision matrix....
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

everything I say is completely or mostly fiction and made up - basically the ramblings of an aging moron that has seen too much, felt too much & heard too much -
    See me, feel me, touch me....healing...slo 'n ez get's there.

Opiophorum Member webay is an unknown quantity at this point

just got my first 3 films ive been taking about 6 mgs which to me seems like 4 mgs of the pill form.. i duno if maybe its a placebo thing cuz these tabs disolve literally within about 2-3 mins TOPS i used to let the sub disolve and the liquid sit under my tongue for as long as possible sometimes up to an HR... so i duno im getting about 10 more tomorow to finally taper off not sure if swims buddy is getting tabs or strips but for a taper teh strips are AWESOME u can use a razor to easily very accurately cut them down .25mg pieces

Opiophorum Member Chuckles is a jewel in the rough Chuckles is a jewel in the rough Chuckles is a jewel in the rough Chuckles is a jewel in the rough Chuckles is a jewel in the rough Chuckles is a jewel in the rough Chuckles is a jewel in the rough Chuckles's Avatar

I've heard that they actually dissolve in water quite easily.
    We're all going to die. At least I plan on deserving it.

They say cocaine is for horses, that it ain't for men
    The doctor said it'll kill me but he won't say when
    Ain't nobody's business but my own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3