Advertise on Opiophile
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: methadone in Boise Idaho

jacky

Default methadone in Boise Idaho

for years I have criticized my home state for not allowing methadone treatment.

for years not having access to methadone in state, has forced me to uproot myself, and seek treatment in other states.

the first time I sought treatment I moved to the Bay Area with caring relatives...

the 2nd time I drove with other patients, every weekend, over 8 hours roundtrip, to get methadone treatment in Utah. we did that for around 5-6 months.

I am a bit behind the times, and just found out that Boise Idaho now has three methadone clinics. already there is a stir in the community about this.

Idaho is a relatively large state, that is spread out....people in the north are closer to Seattle than they are to Boise...
    as far as I know, Boise is the ONLY city in Idaho to allow methadone.

what I dont understand is if this is only allowed in Ada county, or if this is a statewide allowance.

its nice to know that there is another option now besides buprenorphine, or expensive inpatient treatment in Idaho.

-J

Opiophile Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell is a splendid one to behold Dolofinell's Avatar

Default Re: methadone in Boise Idaho

Good to hear more people can have access to a lifesaving tool if used correctly. The 6 yrs. I was on 'done saved me from death or prison, and saved my family. I gained complete stability.

Thanks Jacky

Never Looked Back OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude is a splendid one to behold OrangeLude's Avatar

Another +1 here. My 'done bridge will be 18 months from start to taper finish. Transformation ongoing. Provision for stability totally. If used as written it works - with side effect that are marginal compared to blown addiction.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

everything I say is completely or mostly fiction and made up - basically the ramblings of an aging moron that has seen too much, felt too much & heard too much -
    See me, feel me, touch me....healing...slo 'n ez get's there.

Never Looked Back Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy has much to be proud of Chemical_Boy's Avatar

I agree with all of the above.

For people who see only the negative things about bupe or methadone treatment and hate it so much, I say that it is either that their addiction never reached the point where maintnence was the approprate step (i.e., their addiction was not killing them or making their lives as complete of a hell as it can become), or it has been long enough that time has diluted the memory of such. I know maintnence is a burdon, but not so much of a burdon as a lethal and uncontrolable addiction.

Last I knew, Boise had only one clinic.

That is awesome that it now has three.

Never Looked Back pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair is one bad motherfucker pullmyhair's Avatar

I am currently living in Boise and attending one of these clinics. They are pretty strict, but overall okay, they're kind of bitches about higher doses and attending counseling sessions. I used to live in Portland, and when I moved out here, I had to drive quite aways to pick up my take homes, so I am grateful that Idaho has finally relaxed a little. People in northern Idaho are really SOL when it comes to treatment options. Its funny though, these clinics opened like a year and a half ago, and every Monday (which is their only intake day) the waiting room is full of hydrocodone addicts and soccer moms, and I just cringe. The clinics have really tried to advertise themselves as a treatment option for all opiate addicts. Its definitely different than any other clinic I have attended. I try to talk some people out of it, but you know how it is when you're sick.

“God, but life is loneliness, despite all the opiates, despite the shrill tinsel gaiety of "parties" with no purpose, despite the false grinning faces we all wear. And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter - they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long. Yes, there is joy, fulfillment and companionship - but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering.”
    - Sylvia Plath

If I treated someone else the way I treat myself, I'd be in jail. - Of Montreal

Honorary Charter Member nick has disabled reputation nick's Avatar

Good stuff.
    I yam what I yam-Popeye.

Never Looked Back Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze is a name known to all Shadowsblaze's Avatar

Jacky, I'm surprised with your insight into chemistry and understanding of ethnobotanicals you haven't developed an extract to maintain from the Idaho potato. Look at all the great discoveries of George Washington Carver. So get busy son I know you got lots of free time.
    Remember the opinions of the characters are not necessarily those of the author........"James Jones" When elephants fight the grass gets trampled... "Swahili proverb"

+ Reply to Thread